Author Topic: Non-Americans, question about NFL football  (Read 21224 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Non-Americans, question about NFL football
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2011, 12:29:10 PM »
EXACTLY...i always wondered the same about rugby...someone would get hurt ..no?
i guess i had a misconception...back in college some of my white friends would invite me to come play football with them....and i'd go out of curiosity but we would end up just throwing the football back and forth to each other...not much more than that...granted it ws fun just to be out in a huge green field and running around (univ of maryland has some great fields for general use)...but after a while it just got boring...there ws no point to it...i'm gonna assume thats not what happens most of the time...since you say so..that people actually do play a game or so in an organized fashion  :)

Great point.  Playing at college age with your buddies being your main experience is very different than what it was at a younger age.  In around 7th and 8th grade I can remember a couple of guys losing teeth, black eyes were normal, etc... and this was in PE class in school!  I'm sure it's changed now in the PC world but during that time, teachers/coaches would just let it go.  Seems crazy to think about now....

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2011, 12:36:59 PM »
Great point.  Playing at college age with your buddies being your main experience is very different than what it was at a younger age.  In around 7th and 8th grade I can remember a couple of guys losing teeth, black eyes were normal, etc... and this was in PE class in school!  I'm sure it's changed now in the PC world but during that time, teachers/coaches would just let it go.  Seems crazy to think about now....

in cricket...its still sorta legal to nail someone.....this ws my attitude when i ws bowling...however unlike the bowler here..i made no apologies...i openly told the batsman to watch his nuts and face (and the umpire could do jack shit about it ;D)
* a ball(pitch) to the face is a legal ball(pitch)      (new rules say as long as its done only once every 6 pitches)

carpe` vaginum!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2011, 12:38:54 PM »
in cricket...its still sorta legal to nail someone.....this ws my attitude when i ws bowling...however unlike the bowler here..i made no apologies...i openly told the batsman to watch his nuts and face (and the umpire could do jack shit about it ;D)
* a ball(pitch) to the face is a legal ball(pitch)      (new rules say as long as its done only once every 6 pitches)

haha, talk about intimidating a batter........

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2011, 12:46:07 PM »
The real hits came when you had to block ...

Yup,I played in a flag league and a touch league ::)
punts and line play were all contact with hard hits.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2011, 12:55:51 PM »

primary reason i like cricket over baseball...i tried watching...i gave it an honest shot...but everytime someone gets hit in the face they dont take it like a man...they totally throw a bitch fit..its fucking disgraceful man...

here is shoaib..to rockey's theme  :D  i do hope u actually watch it

carpe` vaginum!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2011, 01:06:46 PM »
primary reason i like cricket over baseball...i tried watching...i gave it an honest shot...but everytime someone gets hit in the face they dont take it like a man...they totally throw a bitch fit..its fucking disgraceful man...

here is shoaib..to rockey's theme  :D  i do hope u actually watch it

Wow.....how many mph does he pitch?  And in baseball it's a "sin" to even throw near a guys head.....and even the body to a lesser extent.  And I bet that broski has no problem with the lady folk.... no homo.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2011, 01:11:08 PM »
Quote from: jaejonna link=topihc=365502.msg5178431#msg5178431 date=1297109967
I always played football for recess or in the neighborhood with friends...from first grade to highschool.. so did alot of kids...maybe the nerds and geeks here that were losers in life that need to 'get-big' didn't cause they had no friends but normal kids did...Of course you dont play tackle on concrete...two-hand touch ..DUHHHH

Yup......Football in the street was commonplace.  "Green Toyota is the endzone"  ;D  dudes would get fucked up bouncing off cars trying to make an ill catch  8)

also playing at the school field was commonplace....me and my boys played football GAMES damn near every day when we were teens

Remember drawing up plays on your hand ?......"you do a down and in" ;D ;D

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »
Wow.....how many mph does he pitch?  And in baseball it's a "sin" to even throw near a guys head.....and even the body to a lesser extent.  And I bet that broski has no problem with the lady folk.... no homo.

fastest he's gone ws 102ish mph...he averages in the upper 90s...he done for  though  :(.
the cocaine and alike got to him....he started showing up to games all fucked up...soo he'd pitch 12 pitches at that speed and then he'd go down to 80 mph and get hit all over the place...

in cricket its not just about speed though....a ball can move 1 way in the air...bounce and then move another way..so you have a lot of variation...

i'd like baseball more if it ws allowed to be more aggressive

by ball movement i mean THIS...again..its a short video...i hope you watch it to understand why cricket is so much more fun to me than baseball...the ball swings in the air..YARDS it seems
the guy below is not THAT fast...but look at how much it moves LATERALLY in the air and after the bounce!!!

carpe` vaginum!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2011, 01:24:52 PM »
fastest he's gone ws 102ish mph...he averages in the upper 90s...he done for  though  :(.
the cocaine and alike got to him....he started showing up to games all fucked up...soo he'd pitch 12 pitches at that speed and then he'd go down to 80 mph and get hit all over the place...

in cricket its not just about speed though....a ball can move 1 way in the air...bounce and then move another way..so you have a lot of variation...

i'd like baseball more if it ws allowed to be more aggressive

by ball movement i mean THIS...again..its a short video...i hope you watch it to understand why cricket is so much more fun to me than baseball...the ball swings in the air..YARDS it seems
the guy below is not THAT fast...but look at how much it moves LATERALLY in the air and after the bounce!!!

On that first pitch, the ball moves at least 5 or 6 feet from left to right off the bounce....that bounce would also make it nasty to try to read what was going to happen.

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2011, 01:26:25 PM »
apparently the superbowl was yesterday, I had no clue lol.

The superbowl to me is like some sort of exhibition match or spectacle, like a circus.  Is it actually the final game of the year?  Like a grand final?

I'm familiar with most of the names of the teams, but i couldn't tell you the name of one current player.

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2011, 01:28:15 PM »
Wow.....how many mph does he pitch?  And in baseball it's a "sin" to even throw near a guys head.....and even the body to a lesser extent. 

The thing that makes fast bowlers scary isn't so much the speed, but the fact that the ball is as hard as rock.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2011, 01:28:45 PM »
On that first pitch, the ball moves at least 5 or 6 feet from left to right off the bounce....that bounce would also make it nasty to try to read what was going to happen.

either way man...if you come from that culture..its hard to accept baseball...i like football over baseball but when i try to watch a football game on TV its ...its 2 mins of action and then 10 mins of replays and commentary it seems...and this is coming from a guy (me) that used to skydive...that got interested in bodybuilding NOT cause of how big he could get...but because it ws painful...THAT drew me to bbing...the aggressive involved...its nothing wrong with the sport itself...its just me..  :-\

maybe i'm wrong...

but at least you r open minded enough to see the allure of cricket  8)
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2011, 01:30:43 PM »
The thing that makes fast bowlers scary isn't so much the speed, but the fact that the ball is as hard as rock.

doesn't have to be fast mate..here is the wizard...shane warne :-)
the magic ball of the century! look at how much at fackin turns...at a very slow pace  ;D
carpe` vaginum!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2011, 01:32:07 PM »
either way man...if you come from that culture..its hard to accept baseball...i like football over baseball but when i try to watch a football game on TV its ...its 2 mins of action and then 10 mins of replays and commentary it seems...and this is coming from a guy (me) that used to skydive...that got interested in bodybuilding NOT cause of how big he could get...but because it ws painful...THAT drew me to bbing...the aggressive involved...its nothging wrong with the sport itself...its just me..  :-\

maybe i'm wrong...

but at least you r open minded enough to see the allure of cricket  8)

Thanks.  And I think part of the lure of football for Americans is how many of us play it....same as the world and soccer.... there is a connection to a sport that you have participated in that can't be just "picked up" imo.  Kinda like I enjoy hockey, but it's not in my blood as I can't even skate, much less play the sport.  Thanks for the vids.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2011, 02:03:55 PM »
Thanks.  And I think part of the lure of football for Americans is how many of us play it....same as the world and soccer.... there is a connection to a sport that you have participated in that can't be just "picked up" imo.  Kinda like I enjoy hockey, but it's not in my blood as I can't even skate, much less play the sport.  Thanks for the vids.

you r absolutely correct..you have to have grown up with it...i grew up with cricket...as you did with football...

you cant sit there and conjure up the emotion you feel for a certain sport...it comes from childhood  :)
carpe` vaginum!

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2011, 02:12:27 PM »
i think the superbowl was fixed to cause u can tell they did everything they could to stop pitt from winning ..they really didnt want big ben to win after all that rape stuff...i dont watch much but u could tell they tried to keep pitt from winning and everyone wanted the other teams qb to be the new posterboy...totally fixed so a percieved rapist was not the winner same with that harrison guy who got the fines he was held on about every play he went after the qb and it was not called..just from a casual watcher it look fixed to me...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2011, 02:20:02 PM »
i think the superbowl was fixed to cause u can tell they did everything they could to stop pitt from winning ..they really didnt want big ben to win after all that rape stuff...i dont watch much but u could tell they tried to keep pitt from winning and everyone wanted the other teams qb to be the new posterboy...totally fixed so a percieved rapist was not the winner same with that harrison guy who got the fines he was held on about every play he went after the qb and it was not called..just from a casual watcher it look fixed to me...
NFL is a business, you have to have good image to send to the young folks. People are still naive to think that good always prevails---storyline. You give them a backstory, set up the drama, hype it up, fix games, etc.