Author Topic: Question for swede and other mma expert of getbig!  (Read 2323 times)

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
Question for swede and other mma expert of getbig!
« on: February 07, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »
What is the difference between this 3 discipline:k-1,kickboxing,thay boxing?
They seem to be very similar because they use boxing glove and they involve same form of boxing+kicking+use of elbow and knee.
Their difference with UFC and Strikeforce is obvious because there is no grappling,wrestling and jujitsu, impossible to perform with boxing gloves.
One more question there is difference in the fighting rule between UFC and Strikeforce? Or they are just two different organization owened by two different owner that allow same fighting rule?
Thank you in advance for  your for responce and it will be greatly appreciated! :)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Question for swede and other mma expert of getbig!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 01:07:49 PM »
maxkane69......since you ask, I'll tell ya....Steven Segal invented all of it.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 01:09:24 PM »
maxkane69......since you ask, I'll tell ya....Steven Segal invented all of it.
I wish was in this board so I could PM him! ;D

spinnis

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 01:12:20 PM »
What is the difference between this 3 discipline:k-1,kickboxing,thay boxing?
They seem to be very similar because they use boxing glove and they involve same form of boxing+kicking+use of elbow and knee.
Their difference with UFC and Strikeforce is obvious because there is no grappling,wrestling and jujitsu, impossible to perform with boxing gloves.
One more question there is difference in the fighting rule between UFC and Strikeforce? Or they are just two different organization owened by two different owner that allow same fighting rule?
Thank you in advance for  your for responce and it will be greatly appreciated! :)

Im no expert.

one difference I know of between ufc and strikeforce is that there is no elbows on the ground in strikeforce.

kickboxing seems to differ from country to country with the rules.

But in muay thai there are elbows, leg kicks and knees, sweeps, normal kickboxing doesnt have that? cant say for sure lol. I think I have seen legkicks in kickboxing? Depends which rules they are following I think.

and K-1 is not a disicpline, they seem to make their own rules based on what they like and dont..

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 01:31:45 PM »
Im no expert.

one difference I know of between ufc and strikeforce is that there is no elbows on the ground in strikeforce.

But in muay thai there are elbows, leg kicks and knees, sweeps, normal kickboxing doesnt have that? cant say for sure lol. I think I have seen legkicks in kickboxing? Depends which rules they are following I think.

and K-1 is not a disicpline, they seem to make their own rules based on what they like and dont..
Thank you Swede!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 10:04:38 AM »
UFC and Strike Force are MMA organizations with nearly identical rules.  The main difference is that StrikeForce does not allow elbows.  K1 is another fighting organization with varying rules that seem to change all the time.  However, they mostly involve striking.

Kick Boxing and Muay Thai are two different combat sports.  I think kick boxing only allows punches and kicks.  Muay Thai also allows knees, elbows and clinches.

That said, the best fighting you'll see is MMA, because it involves all the disciplines...
w

MrUniverse

• Getbig III
  • Get bigger than the average Joe!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »
Kickboxing (K1 and Its Showtime) also allows knees.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 12:50:13 PM »
Im no expert.

Nominated for dumbest post of the year.