Author Topic: Only in America. 8 years for graffiti. No probation.  (Read 11375 times)

spinnis

Re: Only in America. 8 years for graffiti. No probation.
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »
One, Its Corpus Christie, TX...Texas doesn't play. Two, he may have gang affiliations, both he and the Judge are Latino, she wants to come across hard. Three, dude can always appeal to a higher court. It ain't the end of the world. Four, you'd do no such thing Swede, chances are you'd be shot by the judge herself. As I said before, it's Texas, they don't play down there. And they have executed more deathrow inmates than any state. Five, we don't know what the max penalty and fine for tagging (graffiti) and for the amount of damages ($7,000) is. It could be for a certain amount over or under is X number of yrs. In the state of Maryland, a simple assault (like a fight) carries a max of 10 yrs or $2,500. I don't know how many get the 10 yrs, but I know it is a very, very, very small number.

With that being said, 8 yrs is a tad harsh, and he probably will appeal it.

a tad harsh?

Johnny_Blaze

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2011, 01:15:03 PM »
8 years for graffiti, what a joke.

I'd tell the judge next time its armed robbery that way 8 years will be justified.
Just Do It

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2011, 01:20:10 PM »
they should give Linsey lohan 8years not for stealing alone... but for stealing the chain even thou she has money to pay for it and stole for the thrill of it

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2011, 01:21:36 PM »
a tad harsh?
Yep harsh, but chances are very likely he appealed to a higher court--if he didn't then he is a idiot. I think he did have a attorney with him (Possibly a Public Defender).
Also, he is 18 yrs old, and may even have a juvi record. You have a situation here, where he knew what he was doing and the punishment for the crime. He possibly was doing for the rush, and many 18 yr oldsters don't think that now, "I'm an adult---for everything" and that they don't have to take responsibility for their crimes. Harsh yes, and that judge is probably known for being harsh...but, if dude appeals to higher court, and his attorney gets the case heard in front of more sympathetic judge and jury...his time will be lowered or he will recieve a fine.

There is a saying in the American Judicial system, "Justice is blind, and she is a bitch."

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2011, 01:34:38 PM »
Graffiti is serious business

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2011, 11:23:54 PM »
 That is some fucked up shit.

A redneck judge throwing someone in prison for 8 years just for tagging. You can tell just by looking at that judge that she is a bitter and evil bitch.

Probably about 10% of the kids at my highschool tagged. I think almost everyone did it at least once as a teenager.

"The land of the free", the USA, can be a very cold and fucked up place.

That judge deserves to get her ass beat for ruining the life of a harmless man.

spinnis

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2011, 07:59:51 AM »
http://abovegroundmagazine.com/news/12/22/8-year-graffiti-sentence-reduced/

2 years and 2 years probation.

BUT wtf?

"This comes as the second high-profile graffiti-related case to come from Texas in under a year. In early August of this year Ralph Mirabel, 19, was sentenced to serve three consecutive 8-year prison terms (24 years) for tagging upwards of 30 properties. "