Author Topic: Oprah wants 'respect' for Obama  (Read 2221 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Oprah wants 'respect' for Obama
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 04:53:30 AM »
Obama would start to get some respect if he admitted the reality of things and stopped blowing smoke up everyones ass and expecting them to believe it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 08:50:03 AM »
R.E.S.P.E.C.T Obama Gets None!
The Silent Majority ^ | 02-28-11 | J.D. Longstreet

Nile Gardiner is a Washington-based foreign affairs analyst and political commentator. He appears frequently on American and British television and radio, including Fox News Channel, CNN, BBC, Sky News, and NPR. He had this to say in a piece that appeared UK based “The Telegraph” on February 28th, 2011. Mr. Gardiner said:

“Just a few years ago the United States was genuinely feared on the world stage, and dictatorial regimes, strategic adversaries and state sponsors of terror trod carefully in the face of the world’s most powerful nation. Now Washington appears weak, rudderless and frequently confused in its approach. From Tehran to Tripoli, the Obama administration has been pathetically slow to lead, and afraid to condemn acts of state-sponsored repression and violence. When protesters took to the streets to demonstrate against the Islamist dictatorship in Iran in 2009, the brutal repression that greeted them was hardly a blip on Barack Obama’s teleprompter screen, barely meriting a response from a largely silent presidency.” (SOURCE)

I could not agree more with Mr. Gardiner. It has been painful to watch the stumbling and bumbling of the Obama Regime to get as far away from the Arab Melee in the Middle East while, at the same time, “appearing” to be on top of the situation at all times.

It was so obviously contrived that only a lock step “Obamanite” could actually BELIEVE anything coming out of the Oval Office, the West Wing offices of the Obama Minions, or the pitiful Department of State. Secretary of State Clinton appeared strained, saddened, and not a little embarrassed, to be the face of the Obama Foreign Policy.

What a MESS!

America wanted change in November of 2008. By Golly – we GOT change!

(Excerpt) Read more at silentmajority09.com ...

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 04:39:38 AM »
hahahahhhahaha nice

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 11:59:57 AM »
By DARLENE SUPERVILLE, Associated Press Darlene Superville, Associated Press – 1 hr 58 mins ago

CHICAGO – President Barack Obama is helping his pal Oprah Winfrey wrap up her syndicated talk show in style.

Obama arrived home in Chicago Wednesday to appear on one of the final episodes of "The Oprah Winfrey Show." The talk-show host and Obama supporter has announced that she is ending her top-rated TV program on May 25 after a quarter-century on the air.

Obama's wife, Michelle, was joining him on Oprah's couch for the interview, which is scheduled to be televised Monday.

The president's day of politicking was continuing later Wednesday in New York with his first fundraising sweep of the city since he announced his re-election bid this month. Three Democratic Party fundraisers were scheduled across midtown Manhattan, including an event at the home of financier and former New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine and a dinner at The Waldorf-Astoria hotel. Obama was not due back at the White House until the wee hours of Thursday.

Winfrey's relationship with the Obamas dates to their days in Chicago.

Most notably, she lent her credibility and celebrity status to his 2008 presidential campaign with her first-ever political endorsement. She joined him at campaign rallies that drew supporters by the thousands, raised money for him and cheered for him at the Democratic National Convention.

On election night, she was seen weeping in the crowd during Obama's victory speech in downtown Chicago.

"Her show is coming to a conclusion of a terrific run," White House spokesman Jay Carney said. Obama "considers Oprah a friend and he looks forward to being on the show."

Corzine, who lost his political job in 2009 despite Obama's efforts to help him get re-elected, is a former chairman and CEO of Goldman Sachs. He has deep ties to the financial industry, which felt battered by Obama's rhetoric blaming the financial crisis on "fat cat" Wall Street bankers. The industry also chafed at the subsequent overhaul of financial regulations.

Corzine now heads MF Global Inc., a financial services firm, and Obama has begun trying to repair his relations with the business sector.

From Corzine's home, Obama heads to Park Avenue for a dinner at The Waldorf-Astoria, followed by a concert-style event at the Town Hall theater primarily for his younger supporters and featuring The Roots, a hip-hop band from Philadelphia.

Since he became a candidate for re-election on April 4, Obama has embarked on an aggressive inaugural fundraising tour that included three events in Chicago on April 14 and six events in two days last week in Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Obama raised $750 million for the 2008 campaign and hopes to top that for his re-election.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 09:53:06 AM »
Oprah 'Happy' To Campaign For Obama In 2012
The Huffington Post   Jack Mirkinson   First Posted: 8/4/11 08:56 AM ET Updated: 8/4/11 09:26 AM ET

Oprah may have her hands full running her struggling OWN network--but that's not going to stop her from hitting the campaign trail with President Obama.

Oprah told Politico on Wednesday that she would be "happy" to campaign for Obama in his upcoming reelection bid.

"I supported Barack Obama in 2008 because I believed then as I do now that he is the right man for the job," she said in a statement. "I wanted to share my enthusiasm for his candidacy in hopes that others would see what I saw in him. As for 2012, if the campaign needs me, I'm happy to be of service. I'm in his corner for whatever he needs me to do."

The statement reaffirmed Oprah's steadfast support for Obama, and quashed earlier rumors that she might not stump for him as publicly as she did during his first campaign.

Then, of course, she electrified the primary race between Obama and Hillary Clinton by publicly endorsing a candidate for the first time ever, and appearing with Obama at a series of sold-out campaign events. She was also famously present at his 2008 victory speech in Chicago.

While Obama's presidency has been rife with controversy, Oprah has never wavered in her support of him. Appearing on "Morning Joe" in February, she said she had "no issues" with his administration. A few months later, Obama, along with First Lady Michelle Obama, appeared on one of the final episodes of Oprah's talk show.

________________________ __

Lets see: 

95% of blacks
LGBT
Hollywood stars
Enviro Freaks
Tort Lawyers
Wall Street madoffs
College professors
Communists
Hippies
Etc. 

oh yeah, and Oprah. 

heycomedy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 12:30:06 PM »
fuck oprah
capitalism baby!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 12:50:04 PM »
Admittedly, when one does not need to worry about unemployment, job searches and all the other bad stuff in the system (like Oprah) one can show 'respect' to anyone.
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 05:55:32 AM »
Skip to comments.

Oprah confident Obama will win re-election
AP/WorldMag ^ | Jan 22, 8:24 AM EST
Posted on January 22, 2012 9:03:39 AM EST by quantim

JAIPUR, India (AP) -- Oprah Winfrey says she is confident that President Barack Obama will win another four-year term in this year's U.S. election.

The talk show host was addressing a literary festival Sunday in the northwestern Indian town of Jaipur.

Winfrey praised Obama's handling of the presidency. She said his next four years would be even more successful, with people able to get back to work.

Winfrey backed Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign in her first-ever political endorsement.

She was among the biggest crowd pullers at the annual Jaipur Literary Festival, which brings together top writers, poets and critics and around 50,000 literary fans from around the world.

(Excerpt) Read more at hosted.ap.org ...

I guess if she means by treason, collapse, chaos, etc, she is right.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 01:24:16 PM »
fat bitch.  He sucks

jjbones

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2014, 07:04:32 PM »
What in the hell is she talking about.  Obama was the highest rated president ever when he took office.  Without doing anything he had respect.  Six years later, based on merrit ... He is the lowest rated ever. Kinda did that himself.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2014, 10:34:35 PM »
Three year old thread and he still doesn't deserve respect. Should call him President Rodney Dangerfield

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2014, 12:25:01 AM »
hahaha......where was this fat cow during the Bush years?  Or Clinton years?  LOL......  

Did she get behind & throw her support towards either the Bush or Clinton campaigns, ...either in the primaries or elections? From day 1 she had Obama's back, so why should you or anyone else question where she stands now or then? She's always been consistent. And to be fair, during the Clinton years, she had a few battles of her own to fight against the Texas Cattlemen association, who decided to sue her empire for announcing her personal choice not to eat meat... and Clinton's extra-curricular pecadilloes were not something a person of dignity tends to run towards were they?

Where were YOU during the Bush years Coach? Cheering Bush on? ::)  ::)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2014, 12:51:23 AM »
333386 If you don't stop bumping these three yr. old threads, I swear I'm going to hire someone to paint a giant Obama mural on your bedroom ceiling, so that he'll be the first thing you see every morning when you awake, and the last thing you see every night before you go to sleep! And if you die in your sleep... he'll be the last waking image etched in your brain, that you'll be able to take with you... wherever you're going! :P

I'm reading some of these points and thinking what on earth is he going on about with ...it's the only thing he's got to get re-elected. I'm thinking "IDIOT!!! He can't run again!!!" ...only to realize this is 3 yrs old. Stop it already!  >:(
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2014, 04:13:37 AM »
333386 If you don't stop bumping these three yr. old threads, I swear I'm going to hire someone to paint a giant Obama mural on your bedroom ceiling, so that he'll be the first thing you see every morning when you awake, and the last thing you see every night before you go to sleep! And if you die in your sleep... he'll be the last waking image etched in your brain, that you'll be able to take with you... wherever you're going! :P

I'm reading some of these points and thinking what on earth is he going on about with ...it's the only thing he's got to get re-elected. I'm thinking "IDIOT!!! He can't run again!!!" ...only to realize this is 3 yrs old. Stop it already!  >:(

Read why i bumped it - she is in the news again