Author Topic: How do I construct a life for myself?  (Read 12167 times)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
How do I construct a life for myself?
« on: February 12, 2011, 10:23:52 AM »
Long story condensed into a few sentences.

I spilt up with my fiancée two months ago. We were together 8 years. My whole identity the past decade has been Mr Dependable, Mr Future Husband And Father, Mr Job/Retirement Plan/Twice-Yearly Holidays. You get the idea. I was her and she was me. We did everything together. She bought my clothes, I took her car for services, our parents are friends. So basically I became soft, dependent. Now it's all gone, leaving me with a big lump of money (we sold the house in 2 days) and no fucking idea what to do with myself or, as lame as it may sound, who the hell I even am.

The idea of going back out there, smashing some loose tail isn't appealing to me right now. It just aint. I moved in with a friend while I'm looking around for an apartment. All I have right now is the gym and my job, and I'm hitting that hard. Hell, I might even compete if I can keep this up.

Anyway. I go to work, come home, go to the gym, come home, eat, sleep. I go out once a week at most since our friends was mutual and it's too weird for them right now. So basically I got fuck all to do. I look around and try and figure out what guys my age (30) do and they're either married with a kid, or going nowhere fast. It's a very awkward age where I'm too old to pull 20 year olds, while the girls my age are looking out for the long term.

So what do I do? I got quite a bit of money out of this house sale. Do I put it towards a sleek bachelors pad with a 65' TV and all the electronics I could want, or do I buy sensibly in the suburbs and wait for another girl to come along, just so I can start this whole fucking process all over again?

Draw upon your own lives and give me some ideas.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Re: How do I construct a life for myself?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 10:26:05 AM »
Volunteer.

Join a sports league.

Become a musician and seek out other musicians.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 10:26:49 AM »
Go for your PRO card

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 10:28:29 AM »
Thunderdome approved

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 10:29:44 AM »
Go for your PRO card

Pink spandex and juvenile behaviour well into my 40's whilst pumping more drugs into me than what's found in Pfizer research lab? No thanks.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 10:30:52 AM »
Go for your PRO card

True. Golf is a great way to socialize.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 10:32:05 AM »

I spilt up with my fiancée two months ago. We were together 8 years. My whole identity the past decade has been Mr Dependable, Mr Future Husband And Father, Mr Job/Retirement Plan/Twice-Yearly Holidays. You get the idea. I was her and she was me. We did everything together. She bought my clothes, I took her car for services, our parents are friends. So basically I became soft, dependent. Now it's all gone, leaving me with a big lump of money (we sold the house in 2 days) and no fucking idea what to do with myself or, as lame as it may sound, who the hell I even am.

The idea of going back out there, smashing some loose tail isn't appealing to me right now. It just aint. I moved in with a friend while I'm looking around for an apartment. All I have right now is the gym and my job, and I'm hitting that hard. Hell, I might even compete if I can keep this up.

Anyway. I go to work, come home, go to the gym, come home, eat, sleep. I go out once a week at most since our friends was mutual and it's too weird for them right now. So basically I got fuck all to do. I look around and try and figure out what guys my age (30) do and they're either married with a kid, or going nowhere fast. It's a very awkward age where I'm too old to pull 20 year olds, while the girls my age are looking out for the long term.

So what do I do? I got quite a bit of money out of this house sale. Do I put it towards a sleek bachelors pad with a 65' TV and all the electronics I could want, or do I buy sensibly in the suburbs and wait for another girl to come along, just so I can start this whole fucking process all over again?

Last thing you should be doing is waiting for another girl to come by....just accept and enjoy the fact that you are alone now. Most people make the mistake of trying to shoehorn some random chick into the mold of their Ex and it never works.

Being alone isn't the worst thing in the world and you will begin to see this in time as you get your bearings.....of course you're all fucked up now but it WILL pass.

Nothing wrong with going out and buying yourself some shit but don't be a douche and try and be Mr. Sharper Image if that ain't you

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 10:32:37 AM »

Whatever you do don't become some smuck that does 8 balls of coke each night just to get through the pain.

Keep your money protect it, afterall it's all you got after 8 years. Pick up a new hobbie that you know you will get board of in a few weeks, buy several seasons of a tv show/download,  get a console system or something that will occupy your brain for a few months until you can get back on the prowl.

P.S, at your age there are loads of desperate chicks you just can't see them if that helps.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 10:33:03 AM »
Pink spandex and juvenile behaviour well into my 40's whilst pumping more drugs into me than what's found in Pfizer research lab? No thanks.

You don't have to wear pink bro and you can do it natural like Skip, Willet.....etc.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 10:36:34 AM »
First, DO NOT waste the money.  Sure, spend some on getting yourself set up in a new place, but absolutely do not blow all the cash.

Second, take a vacation, get away from everyone and clear your head. You'll figure everything out.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 10:38:10 AM »
8 balls and strippers.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 10:43:59 AM »
Whatever you do don't become some smuck that does 8 balls of coke each night just to get through the pain.

Keep your money protect it, afterall it's all you got after 8 years. Pick up a new hobbie that you know you will get board of in a few weeks, buy several seasons of a tv show/download,  get a console system or something that will occupy your brain for a few months until you can get back on the prowl.

P.S, at your age there are loads of desperate chicks you just can't see them if that helps.

I've spent all day on the sofa watching through Season 1 of Two and a Half Men, it helped take my mind of things, sure. One thing you said saddened me. All I have to show for EIGHT fucking years of my life is a bit of money. That's ... sad, terrible.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 10:44:16 AM »

You ask that on getbig?? Most people on here around your age have never left moms basement :D

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 10:45:54 AM »
no need to rush.

go on a vacation for a few weeks. plan it alittle  so you're not twiddling your thumbs. if you got freedom take advantage of it.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 10:46:19 AM »
First, DO NOT waste the money.  Sure, spend some on getting yourself set up in a new place, but absolutely do not blow all the cash.

Second, take a vacation, get away from everyone and clear your head. You'll figure everything out.

Thanks. I'm visiting a friend in Norway next weekend and have Canada lined up in June. I'll try and get away for a few weekends in between too.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 10:46:29 AM »
8 balls and strippers.
Shut the fuck up.

X2    Note:no drugs

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 10:47:15 AM »
I've spent all day on the sofa watching through Season 1 of Two and a Half Men, it helped take my mind of things, sure. One thing you said saddened me. All I have to show for EIGHT fucking years of my life is a bit of money. That's ... sad, terrible.
Quit being a little bitch and get off your ass, it's been 2 fuckin months you sissy!!

GTFO of here with your crybaby shit and go get laid...........geez, sittin around the couch watchin a cokehead bust 80's jokes.......whoopie!!

Boo hoo, your old lady fucked the mailman, nobody cares cockgobblin. Go to the gym, go to a club, go to the grocery store.........chicks everywhere, she's replacable.....the time you spend whining like a lost puppy about her is not.

Douchebag. ::)

Shut the fuck up.
Suck another dick, you're just as big of a crybaby is this other douche. Maybe you two can get together and "dock"?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 10:48:27 AM »
Quit being a little bitch and get off your ass, it's been 2 fuckin months you sissy!!

GTFO of here with your crybaby shit and go get laid...........geez, sittin around the couch watchin a cokehead bust 80's jokes.......whoopie!!

Boo hoo, your old lady fucked the mailman, nobody cares cockgobblin. Go to the gym, go to a club, go to the grocery store.........chicks everywhere, she's replacable.....the time you spend whining like a lost puppy about her is not.

;D

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 10:49:26 AM »

"Get off your ass and do something" says the guy with 28thousand posts, ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 10:50:49 AM »
"Get off your ass and do something" says the guy with 28thousand posts, ;D
I'm a fucking machine, kid.......while you sit around and make videos crying about starving ethiopians, I'm lifting heavy shit and tossing crazy posts.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »

you know who isn't making a thread like this?

a guy with a 8 ball and strippers

epilogue: Pussy is the ultimate solution

the end

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 10:56:07 AM »
you know who isn't making a thread like this?

a guy with a 8 ball and strippers

epilogue: Pussy is the ultimate solution

the end
Aren't you still in rehab?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 10:59:07 AM »
Aren't you still in rehab?
JNN tossed a load in the rehabbers face and dooked in the doorway on the way out.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 11:01:15 AM »

It's a very awkward age where I'm too old to pull 20 year olds

Since when?I know tons of guys in their thirties who bang girls in their twenties.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 11:02:06 AM »

ive been sitting in a similar situation for nearly a year now. except my current job is weak and i dont have money. still havent figured it out. isnt life beautiful  ::)