Author Topic: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success  (Read 40153 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success
« Reply #400 on: February 18, 2011, 07:13:42 AM »
What Xerxes said.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #401 on: February 18, 2011, 07:15:11 AM »
speaking of traning, what are your guys thoughts on training muscle groups twice per week vs 1? Even with pharmecuticals, I still find myself overtrained sometimes this way. Yet there is no doubt frequency is important, most bbers train one muscle group per week.
l

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #402 on: February 18, 2011, 07:17:09 AM »
What Xerxes said.

As an actual professional, what are your opinions on Basile's "theories"?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #403 on: February 18, 2011, 07:37:25 AM »
Much like GH15, he's full of shit. My professional opinion.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #404 on: February 18, 2011, 11:20:33 AM »
Yes I have trouble gaining weight, muscle weight that is. I've "bulked up" 3 seperate times in my life. The 1st time I hit 190, the second time I hit 198, and the third time I hit 211. Each time I was a fucking fatass, well over 20% bodyfat, and I hated being that fat! So, I'm not too keen on gaining weight just for the sake of gaining weight, since I did it 3 seperate times in the past, and each time it was a complete and utter failure. I'm curious Vince, did you take a look at that experiment that I mentioned, The Boise Experiment? The 2 subjects followed Mentzer's Heavy Duty Ideal Routine, starting with 5 days btw workouts and extended it further to training once every 7 days. What I like about the one set til failure protocol is that it leads to less "wear and tear" on the body, and as Mentzer says leaves that much more of the bodies resources availible for repairing and growing the muscles larger and stronger. And yes, you make a great point about focusing on "The Big 3". Bench, squat, chin or row.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #405 on: February 18, 2011, 12:01:08 PM »
I just got back into training regularly and consistantly about 3 or 4 months ago. At the moment I'm 165 @ 13-14% and my all time best condition was 167 @ sub-8. The problem I have with your theroy is that I firmly believe that it will lead to gross and acute overtraining. But who knows, maybe I should give it a run? I've gotta get to work now, but I'll give some thought to your proposal.

tell us all again- we've forgotten since the last post you made.  ::)
b

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #406 on: February 18, 2011, 12:03:15 PM »
LOL

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #407 on: February 18, 2011, 12:07:06 PM »
I don't need blue stars to know I am an expert in hypertrophy. I help people all the time at my gym. They are grateful unlike the know-it-alls on Getbig. If you want to refute me try the method and if it doesn't work then that is what will bother me. It will take a true world authority to correct me and not some internet quick draw. Good criticism benefits everyone. Nasty, personal stuff has no place in this discourse.
So, what do you recommend? high volume?

lesaucer

« Reply #408 on: February 18, 2011, 12:15:53 PM »
So, what do you recommend? high volume?

his recommendation..,,::
-have your own judges
-a handful of d-bol every morning

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: February 18, 2011, 12:24:13 PM »
his recommendation..,,::
-have your own judges
-a handful of d-bol every morning
:D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #410 on: February 18, 2011, 12:32:44 PM »
:D

Vince will give you a lot more help if you tell him you're a young lad

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #411 on: February 18, 2011, 12:33:42 PM »
Yes I have trouble gaining weight, muscle weight that is. I've "bulked up" 3 seperate times in my life. The 1st time I hit 190, the second time I hit 198, and the third time I hit 211. Each time I was a fucking fatass, well over 20% bodyfat, and I hated being that fat! So, I'm not too keen on gaining weight just for the sake of gaining weight, since I did it 3 seperate times in the past, and each time it was a complete and utter failure. I'm curious Vince, did you take a look at that experiment that I mentioned, The Boise Experiment? The 2 subjects followed Mentzer's Heavy Duty Ideal Routine, starting with 5 days btw workouts and extended it further to training once every 7 days. What I like about the one set til failure protocol is that it leads to less "wear and tear" on the body, and as Mentzer says leaves that much more of the bodies resources availible for repairing and growing the muscles larger and stronger. And yes, you make a great point about focusing on "The Big 3". Bench, squat, chin or row.

Shut the fuck up asshole. you have no business talking about adding muscle mass, because you never had any

NewsFlash.....your "peak" was no big fucking deal. PATHETIC arms... no legs... No shoulders.. No back

You had abs and a clean pec line because you were lean skinny....period.

PS.....I'm starting to doubt that's even you......i think you are a troll at this point

Devilsmile looks better than you ever did and the kid smokes weed and draws cartoons all day long

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #412 on: February 18, 2011, 12:35:17 PM »
Shut the fuck up asshole. you have no business talking about adding muscle mass, because you never had any

NewsFlash.....your "peak" was no big fucking deal. PATHETIC arms... no legs... No shoulders.. No back

You had abs and a clean pec line because you were lean skinny....period.

PS.....I'm starting to doubt that's even you......i think you are a troll at this point

Devilsmile looks better than you ever did and the kid smokes weed and draws cartoons all day long

Damn bro......maybe go listen to some Erasure and calm down....... ;)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #413 on: February 18, 2011, 12:42:37 PM »
I do. It's a shortcoming I share with the rest of Getbig.

;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #414 on: February 18, 2011, 12:45:03 PM »

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #415 on: February 18, 2011, 12:45:25 PM »
Citing bodybuilders to back up your points is pretty stupid since they're all on outrageous amounts of hormones.

I'm not aware of many scientific studies that have looked at protein intake and muscle growth but I don't know that area well.  There is certainly tons of anecdotal correlational evidence, i.e.:

- everyone that any one of us have ever known who has gotten big and strong has probably eaten a lot of protein (Group A)

- everyone who is soft and weak-looking eats a bunch of shitty carbs (Group B)

The issue is that Group A works out hard and Group B doesn't.  Has anyone every actually tried a low protein diet while doing bodybuilding workouts?  What were your results like?  I'm thinking like 50-100 grams a day, with a good chunk of it right after your workout, rather than the 150+ that most of us are probably consuming.

I just posted a link and cited a specific passage where they measure the effects on a low protein, medium protein, and high protein diet on both sedentary and strength athletes.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #416 on: February 18, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »
Damn bro......maybe go listen to some Erasure and calm down....... ;)

Yes...."A little respect" is what i need  ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: February 18, 2011, 01:00:22 PM »
Vince, you say over training is a myth yet you go on to say your program stimulates growth and avoids doing too much to the body. And allude to a protocol of training 2x/wk doing only 3 exercises. You also credit pro bodybuilders as doing something right when all along you've been criticizing wannabe bodybuilding for listening to the muscles heads and not to you.

Nonetheless, you disappointed me as you did not point to any proof or studies for my very specific questions to two very specific claims that you made. I read a lot of "I believe", "it's been my experience", "I am an expert in hypertrophy". In other words, you don't have any proof or scientific studies to back up your claims but simply your own opinion -- exactly what you accuse the board of doing.

As much as it pains me to say this  I have to agree with the always surprisingly clear thinking young Xerxes less than gentle assessment.

It was kind of shocking actually to find out that the old fat douche who cried "bro-science" etc actually just has his own bro science theory that supposedly is better because "he's an expert" and "has helped people in the gym", UNBELIEVEABLE.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #418 on: February 18, 2011, 01:15:26 PM »
VINCE!

You have seen what my minions have done to Flex Wheeler.

Soon you shall learn the power of ninjistu!

Stay away from shadows, death comes swiftly!!!

*ffffffffft*

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: February 18, 2011, 01:22:50 PM »
Thank you for the kind words pellius.  ;D

Yes, for your age, being an unabashed pot head, and a chartered member of generation nothingness, you seem to have a good head on your shoulders.

Carry on.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #420 on: February 18, 2011, 01:28:35 PM »
Yes, for your age, being an unabashed pot head, and a chartered member of generation nothingness, you seem to have a good head on your shoulders.

Carry on.

You are ALL just generation floastam as far as theories of muscle growth are concerned. Floating on a sea of ignorance, your bloated carcasses rotting in the fetid sunshine of stale ideas.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #421 on: February 18, 2011, 01:31:15 PM »
Yes, for your age, being an unabashed pot head, and a chartered member of generation nothingness, you seem to have a good head of hair on your shoulders.

Carry on.

Bullshit!!
Trans Milkshake.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #422 on: February 18, 2011, 01:33:43 PM »
Vince, you say over training is a myth yet you go on to say your program stimulates growth and avoids doing too much to the body. And allude to a protocol of training 2x/wk doing only 3 exercises. You also credit pro bodybuilders as doing something right when all along you've been criticizing wannabe bodybuilding for listening to the muscles heads and not to you.

Nonetheless, you disappointed me as you did not point to any proof or studies for my very specific questions to two very specific claims that you made. I read a lot of "I believe", "it's been my experience", "I am an expert in hypertrophy". In other words, you don't have any proof or scientific studies to back up your claims but simply your own opinion -- exactly what you accuse the board of doing.

As much as it pains me to say this  I have to agree with the always surprisingly clear thinking young Xerxes less than gentle assessment.

Pellius 2
Basile 0

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #423 on: February 18, 2011, 01:34:21 PM »

You are ALL just generation floastam as far as theories of muscle growth are concerned. Floating on a sea of ignorance, your bloated carcasses rotting in the fetid sunshine of stale ideas.

Even the young lads? :'( ;D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #424 on: February 18, 2011, 01:34:29 PM »

lolz