Author Topic: New Army PT test in 2011? Does anybody know whats going on with it?  (Read 6728 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: New Army PT test in 2011? Does anybody know whats going on with it?
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 02:46:21 PM »
depends on where you are doing it. We run ours on a flight line. It's like running w/ an open parachute on your back till you do the turn around.

Had to run one PT on a flight line.....in Iceland......wind was brutal....

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 04:42:08 PM »
Know of a doctor in the gulf coast area?

negative.....but EPO HAS happened a few times among elite..

bench

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 09:07:51 PM »
Had to run one PT on a flight line.....in Iceland......wind was brutal....

I can imagine. Just getting a bunch of Airwing Officers to even give a shit about a PFT is a huge thing lol
$

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 05:02:41 AM »
I can imagine. Just getting a bunch of Airwing Officers to even give a shit about a PFT is a huge thing lol

haha, so true. And the pilots were the most laid back of the bunch...... very informal with everything and just KNEW they had one of the coolest jobs in the world.....bastards....  ;D

o13starsnstripes

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 06:20:32 PM »
Hey guys it just so happens there is going to be a test drive of the new PT test this March 1st down at Ft. Jackson in South Carolina and anyon who is interested in hearing more about it here you go! I am so excited about this good move in the right direction http://armylive.dodlive.mil/index.php/2011/02/attention-bloggers-army-to-reveal-new-pt-test/

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V

magicuser

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 10:16:00 PM »
The new events will be schmoe squating and donkey punching.

x3 LOL

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 01:56:11 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_army_new_fitness_test
i know a few police depts heare in texas who have been doing this for years...its a good test..

bench

o13starsnstripes

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2011, 03:22:55 PM »
I like the new test. I think it's practical and not too much of a burden to train for with people who have busy schedules. However I know not everyone was happy because alot of us myself included REALLY wanted Pull ups but hey we can argue for those when they change it again in 2041.  ;)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2011, 04:38:23 PM »
I like the new test. I think it's practical and not too much of a burden to train for with people who have busy schedules. However I know not everyone was happy because alot of us myself included REALLY wanted Pull ups but hey we can argue for those when they change it again in 2041.  ;)
the pull ups would be good...but once you run a tactical obstacle course you will understand...some of the jump walls serve a lot better of a combat measure than pull ups...

a lot of runners fail these courses also....you goota have some power..

bench

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2011, 03:32:56 PM »
The Army is testing out new a "new" type of training manual called the PRT (Physical Readiness Test).  It will be tested out for the next half year to year.  Instead of a soldier doing 2 PT tests a year based on a 2minutes of pushups, 2 minutes situps and 2 mile run the new PRT will have a soldier do 1 PT test a year consisiting of 1 minute of pushups, 1 minute of situps and a 1 1/2 mile run.  Soldiers will also conduct a Combat Fitness test once a year similar to what the Marines do to include a course you have to negotiate combining muscular strength and endurance along with cardiovascular fitness.  All those skinny runners who score well on the old PT standard will have to start working out.  It makes sense cause when you're downrange nobody cares if you can run 4 miles at a decent pace, but if you can pick up or drag your 170pound buddy with a full combat load(another 50-80 pounds) 75 meters to cover.