Author Topic: The Rock returns to Raw & wrestling full time!!!  (Read 17296 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: The Rock returns to Raw & wrestling full time!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 02:33:56 PM »
Nah, they should milk it out for a few weeks....plus i wouldn't have him start trying to cut "cool heel" promos as it sets it up to have a split crowd, which as soon as Rock goes back to movies could be hard for Cena to win back over.

But...he said he’s never ever going away.
 ::) :)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 02:42:25 PM »
Rock wouldn't be a bad choice to put over Taker at Mania.

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 04:54:28 PM »
I really hope that they let Cena loose on the mic next week and not make him come out and do some neutered kitty promo.

I remember some of Cena's old heel promos, and all I can say is, he and Dwayne better script whatever they say carefully, because what the Rock would do to him on a live riff would be hard to recover from.  It'd be like Ric Flair cutting his promo on the Warrior.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 07:22:42 PM »
Last night was probably the best segment on Raw in the past 10 years.  I know Rock had mentioned some months back that he and Vince had discussed doing something, but that he wanted it to be big.  Well, it certainly met that criteria.  I'd love to see him wrestling at WM, but I really can't see that happening.  A match against Taker would be a huge draw though.  I think I'd prefer to see him make well timed appearances throughout the year, and maybe one or two matches here and there.  The guy's a legend, gonna be a HoF'er, and doesn't need to go on the road again.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 08:17:49 PM »
It was definitely a great move. Up until the Rock came out last night. I have to say Timmy really didn't see much interest in this years Big Contest. Now with the Rock and Undertaker returning I'm really looking forward to it. If they let the Rock have his way on Cena? Cena could turn into one of the most hated heels ever.

Not necessarily!! Rock isn't going to have his way with Cena. Cena's brought in too much cash, since the post-"Attitude" era. In the unlikely event they fight, Cena will probably get some cheers and a lot of boos, ala WrestleMania 22 against Triple H.

You don't supposed Rock has been the anonymous general manager, all along??

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 05:00:25 AM »
There was discussion at RAW that the anonymous RAW General Manager will be revealed as Vince McMahon, thus leading to a Vince McMahon-The Rock angle at WrestleMania. This could also be part of the reason Vince McMahon did not appear on RAW last night as originally planned.

– As noted earlier, numerous major media outlets have picked up The Rock’s return to WWE. The Associated Press, FOX News, PEOPLE, The Washington Post, and many others have covered the story thus far. Expect lots more media in the coming days.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 05:05:51 AM »
Not necessarily!! Rock isn't going to have his way with Cena. Cena's brought in too much cash, since the post-"Attitude" era. In the unlikely event they fight, Cena will probably get some cheers and a lot of boos, ala WrestleMania 22 against Triple H.

You don't supposed Rock has been the anonymous general manager, all along??

Don't know about the GM stuff.....BUT if they let Rock do it, he can turn Cena into a way over heel in no time.  It's as if people have been wanting to boo Cena for awhile, but with the total lack of anything else in the WWE, they just kinda went with the flow.  If Rock starts making fun of him and pointing out just how corny his gimmick is, people will start eating it up.  I'm sure VKM has a close eye on the whole merchandising thing and who knows, maybe he's either seeing or predicting a drop in Cena's cash genertion.

If they don't turn Cena heel, it will be a blown opportunity that they he might not ever recover from completely.  He can remain a lukewarm "face" or do like countless others have done and be an over heel.  And it Rock can't get him over, nobody can.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 06:42:41 AM »
Don't know about the GM stuff.....BUT if they let Rock do it, he can turn Cena into a way over heel in no time.  It's as if people have been wanting to boo Cena for awhile, but with the total lack of anything else in the WWE, they just kinda went with the flow.  If Rock starts making fun of him and pointing out just how corny his gimmick is, people will start eating it up.  I'm sure VKM has a close eye on the whole merchandising thing and who knows, maybe he's either seeing or predicting a drop in Cena's cash genertion.

If they don't turn Cena heel, it will be a blown opportunity that they he might not ever recover from completely.  He can remain a lukewarm "face" or do like countless others have done and be an over heel.  And it Rock can't get him over, nobody can.
If anyone remembers back in 2003, Cena was a great heel when he played a "white trash rapper". Turning Cena heel CAN succeed. The question is are the WWE willing to lose a good chunck of merchandise sales?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 06:48:23 AM »
If anyone remembers back in 2003, Cena was a great heel when he played a "white trash rapper". Turning Cena heel CAN succeed. The question is are the WWE willing to lose a good chunck of merchandise sales?

So glad that i am no longer a big enough fan to really care what the sport has become......  :-\

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 08:31:03 AM »
There's so many numbnut white trailer thrash people out there that will always buy WWE merchandising whether a popular wrestler is heel or face. $$$ shouldn't make a difference if Cena goes heel. Creative needs to make it happen to build interest and acquire new fans.

The WWE sucks so bad right now, it's really unwatchable. The PG shit has got to stop or Vince will really start losing bigtime money.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »
There's so many numbnut white trailer thrash people out there that will always buy WWE merchandising whether a popular wrestler is heel or face. $$$ shouldn't make a difference if Cena goes heel. Creative needs to make it happen to build interest and acquire new fans.

The WWE sucks so bad right now, it's really unwatchable. The PG shithas got to stop or Vince will really start losing bigtime money.
The Rock dropped the "Ass" word about twenty times in his promo. I say loose the PG bullshit and let 'em do their thing. If people don't like it, change the channel. Or do what they used to do here....have a PG show at 9am and the uncensored version at midnight.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 03:56:13 PM »

The WWE sucks so bad right now, it's really unwatchable. The PG shit has got to stop or Vince will really start losing bigtime money.

The PG stuff is just fine. At the end of the day, it's about the feuds and the action in the ring, not about cussing.

The two title matches at WrestleMania appear to be set:

World Title - Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

WWE Title - Miz vs. John Cena

I don't know why they brought Christian back last night to save Edge from Del Rio. It's bad enough that they didn't build up the feud more, between Del Rio and Edge. Edge was still piddling around with Dolph Ziggler, after the Rumble.

The Miz-Cena match has more roots to it. So, it will likely be the last match at WrestleMania. Unless they put Rock in the mix to stir things up, Miz can kiss his title goodbye, as this will be the 8th straight championship match (and the 7th straight World/WWE title match for Cena at the big dance). And he's only lost ONCE: The Triple Threat Match at WM 24.

Heel champ vs. face challenger.....you know the routine.

One thing I'd like to see happen, if they don't plan on having Cena win the title, is to have Rock keep Cena from winning, only to have Jerry "the King" Lawler (fresh off a MITB win) cash in the briefcase on Miz and win the title. Then, he can retire the next night as champion, set up a tournament and have Rock and Cena in the finals.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 04:58:02 PM »
One thing I'd like to see happen, if they don't plan on having Cena win the title, is to have Rock keep Cena from winning, only to have Jerry "the King" Lawler (fresh off a MITB win) cash in the briefcase on Miz and win the title. Then, he can retire the next night as champion, set up a tournament and have Rock and Cena in the finals.

I really like that.  Doubt vkm would give King that kinda moment at WM, but you never know.  A tournament could really be a very good thing for the title, kinda put more prestige back into it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 04:47:35 AM »
The PG stuff is just fine. At the end of the day, it's about the feuds and the action in the ring, not about cussing.

The two title matches at WrestleMania appear to be set:

World Title - Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

WWE Title - Miz vs. John Cena

I don't know why they brought Christian back last night to save Edge from Del Rio. It's bad enough that they didn't build up the feud more, between Del Rio and Edge. Edge was still piddling around with Dolph Ziggler, after the Rumble.

The Miz-Cena match has more roots to it. So, it will likely be the last match at WrestleMania. Unless they put Rock in the mix to stir things up, Miz can kiss his title goodbye, as this will be the 8th straight championship match (and the 7th straight World/WWE title match for Cena at the big dance). And he's only lost ONCE: The Triple Threat Match at WM 24.

Heel champ vs. face challenger.....you know the routine.

That would be a nice interesting twist to see. They can open a lot of doors with that.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011, 04:57:59 AM »
That would be a nice interesting twist to see. They can open a lot of doors with that.

I can see them giving Lawler the strap for "10-mins."
In fact, this is the exact same kind of hunch I had about Rock being announced as Mania host.

Lawler's name will be added to the list of great champions:
Funk
Race
Flair
Arquette

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2011, 05:06:38 AM »
Timmy is'nt a Miz fan. But how can anyone say he's not doing a great job? He looked great last night on Raw. Talked and wrestled great as well. Timmy thinks he's going to retain.

I doubt it, unless something silly happens (ala Rock interfering in the match). Again, it's the classic WrestleMania formula: Heel WWE Champion + Face Challenger = New WWE Champion crowned at WrestleMania.

13 times we've had that set-up at WrestleMania. 11 times the heel champion has LOST.

The lone exceptions were Helmsley (WM 16/2000) and Orton (WM 24). And, those were either in Triple Threat or Fatal Four-Way matches. In one-on-one confrontation, the heel champ drops the strap.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2011, 08:02:16 AM »
Timmy is'nt a Miz fan. But how can anyone say he's not doing a great job? He looked great last night on Raw. Talked and wrestled great as well. Timmy thinks he's going to retain.
Miz is doing ok with the ball but again, he is NO Undertaker, HBK, Austin or Rock.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2011, 11:06:56 AM »
Miz is doing ok with the ball but again, he is NO Undertaker, HBK, Austin or Rock.

Miz hasn't had his big "gettin over" moment yet.....tons of potential though.  Great young mic, good in ring, but needs to get bigger.  Needs to add to his arsenal on the mic, "Really?  Really?!  Really."  This is a good hook, but it needs more....this will come into time just as Rock's and Austin's verbal arsenals developed in time.  Still, the window for this is rather small and Miz needs help gettin over cause Cena ain't gonna do it.  Taker can't do it.  HBK can't do it.  You need a Rock or a Stone Cold to help get Miz over huge.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2011, 11:35:12 AM »
Miz hasn't had his big "gettin over" moment yet.....tons of potential though.  Great young mic, good in ring, but needs to get bigger.  Needs to add to his arsenal on the mic, "Really?  Really?!  Really."  This is a good hook, but it needs more....this will come into time just as Rock's and Austin's verbal arsenals developed in time.  Still, the window for this is rather small and Miz needs help gettin over cause Cena ain't gonna do it.  Taker can't do it.  HBK can't do it.  You need a Rock or a Stone Cold to help get Miz over huge.

I agree.  Miz certainly has potential, although its hard for me to ever erase from memory him getting started on MTV Road Rules, or whatever....but he sure seems to have a good work ethic.  And I think he is one of the best young guys they have at attempting to use ring psychology. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2011, 01:32:41 PM »
It was the Miz's dream to be a professional wrestler from day one. While on MTV, he was teased and mocked for it by his other roommates.

Look who's laughing now? He's probably earning between $250,000-$500,000 in salary while all his other reality TV roommates are not doing squat these days.

Got to hand it to the guy....

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2011, 01:44:39 PM »
It was the Miz's dream to be a professional wrestler from day one. While on MTV, he was teased and mocked for it by his other roommates.

Look who's laughing now? He's probably earning between $250,000-$500,000 in salary while all his other reality TV roommates are not doing squat these days.

haha, i was thinking about that too.  He was basically "in character" on the show and nobody would f with him in the physical stuff.  Good for him, he believed in something and stuck with it.....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2011, 05:20:28 AM »

Exactly. The dude worked hard and stuck to his dream.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2011, 06:42:39 AM »
Timmy missed last Mondays Raw. Was working and F'd up the Tivo. What was Cena's response to The Rock rap from the week before?
Honestly Chef, it wasn't anything special. The crowd at one point was cheering "Rocky Rocky!" That's how bad it was. Brutal. I think this may be a mistake on WWE's part because by bringing the Rock back even if it is temporarily (which I think it is), they are destroying Cena's credability (or what little he has of it). Cena simply cannot compete with The Rock.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2011, 04:52:57 AM »
I see the Rock made Cena look ridiculous once again last night.  :)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2011, 06:24:11 AM »
Rock's promo was definitely better than Cena's last one. I'm glad that Miz finally interjected himself in the feud...he's the champ he shouldn't be treated as an afterthought. Cena should start responding to Miz, he's attacked him, what? 3 weeks in a row and Cena's done nothing about it.