Author Topic: What the hell happened.... no basic machines or free weights  (Read 3922 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
What the hell happened.... no basic machines or free weights
« on: February 16, 2011, 05:54:19 PM »
Seems like yesterday you went to the gym and you saw basic machines, free weights and some treadmills... today you have 12 types of machines that simulate stairs... like you can't find any friggin stairs somewhere and walk them? I got a guy on the right trying to stand on half an inflated beach ball while doing curls with 10 lbs weights.. Got another guy on my right standing on like the Karate kids crane stance while staring in the mirror and doing calf raises. Another dude with some round felt circle thing under one foot moving it in a circular motion on the floor for reps?? Not one of these people appear to be in shape and for the life of me I don't know how they keep a straight face while they are doing those things...

I miss the good old days..      

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: What the hell happened....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 05:57:54 PM »
LOL Try loading up the squat bar and pounding out a leg day while these fucks stand around and stare at you like YOU'RE the freak. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 11:14:52 PM »
LOL Try loading up the squat bar and pounding out a leg day while these fucks stand around and stare at you like YOU'RE the freak. ;D
Then wait for the questions to come.. "do you take creatine?"... "how many scoops of protein do you take a day?".
Usually you can see when someone "approaches" you to "talk" as if you were buddies. I just ignore them.. turn around and give them a fail.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: What the hell happened.... no basic machines or free weights
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 11:22:05 PM »
Or the dude doing 90 pound dumbell presses on a exercise ball, and then says, "Wow, you really 'feel it' on there!"

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 12:13:36 AM »
Seems like yesterday you went to the gym and you saw basic machines, free weights and some treadmills... today you have 12 types of machines that simulate stairs... like you can't find any friggin stairs somewhere and walk them? I got a guy on the right trying to stand on half an inflated beach ball while doing curls with 10 lbs weights.. Got another guy on my right standing on like the Karate kids crane stance while staring in the mirror and doing calf raises. Another dude with some round felt circle thing under one foot moving it in a circular motion on the floor for reps?? Not one of these people appear to be in shape and for the life of me I don't know how they keep a straight face while they are doing those things...

It’s called marketing and has nothing to do with fitness, strength training or improving body composition. The fleecing of America.
and keep moving!

magicuser

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 12:38:55 AM »
yeah basic chins n pushusp n runnign 3 miles would blow up the brain fo the emo bastards and feminazis

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 12:42:24 AM »
It’s called marketing and has nothing to do with fitness, strength training or improving body composition. The fleecing of America.

this x10000000000000000000000 00000000

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 04:36:45 AM »

What it really is is followers following, while still thinking they are doing something special and original. I have been in a situation for several months of living with an older relative who watches TV too damn much. The garbage on some of these morning and daytime shows is amazing. Gullible people do not realize they are not only watching is often loaded with political agenda, but everything is a constant advertisement for something. Fitness and nutrition information of this sort are among the worst.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 10:06:51 AM »

next time you see one of these freaks just ask them what are you doing?, and why? where did you get the idea to do something so stupid. just curious as to the answer.
F

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 10:43:11 AM »
Sounds like we have some real angry muscle monsters in this thread.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 10:49:50 AM »

Nice, posting to getbig whilst in the midst of a workout.  Hard core.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 10:50:37 AM »

insurance companies and wussification of america

nerfing the US

too hard of hit in the NFL, too hard of hits in NHL, this shit defined what a hardass grown man was back in the day now it glits and networth

everything is a commodidy nowadays and gyms are nonetheless franchised out now by conglomerants and usually are corporrrrately owned or have partners

plus planet fagness leading the new way of fitness ::) and cross fit wanks, curves tanked, now it food in a box, frozein, just heat up and fat ass goes awya

american wussification of weights - bodybilding is 'ghey; now as opposed to 'freaish' backinthe day but thats cause all this shit is exposed online instead of publications that mask eeverything wth bob chics face and fresh food and supp ads, women too, wiht tits OH MY

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 10:56:07 AM »
Then wait for the questions to come.. "do you take creatine?"... "how many scoops of protein do you take a day?".
Usually you can see when someone "approaches" you to "talk" as if you were buddies. I just ignore them.. turn around and give them a fail.

Cool to give someone a fail sometimes.

But wouldn't it be good to answer few questions and educate those young kids a little? It's not like you're a pro who is at work when training in gym  ::)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
... I got a guy on the right trying to stand on half an inflated beach ball while doing curls with 10 lbs weights.. Got another guy on my right standing on like the Karate kids crane stance while staring in the mirror and doing calf raises. Another dude with some round felt circle thing under one foot moving it in a circular motion on the floor for reps?? .....

rofl!!...gold!!.. got the same at my gym!..big coloured inflatable balls and platforms that people are balancing on ....WTF?!..

oh, and a whole rack of dusty kettle bells...WTF is up with that shit?

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 01:32:29 PM »
It would be funny if one of these corporate gym chains took out all the cardio machines, weight machines, and TV's one day and watched the look on the members faces as they try to figure out the free weights. 

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 03:45:34 PM »
Cool to give someone a fail sometimes.

But wouldn't it be good to answer few questions and educate those young kids a little? It's not like you're a pro who is at work when training in gym  ::)

bad idea to "help" people who dont think they need "help"..

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 03:53:07 PM »
Sounds like we have some real angry muscle monsters in this thread.

lol

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 08:12:29 AM »
It just makes me laugh sometimes. The intense, serious looks on their faces and they fully concentrate on balancing on the half beach ball while trying and failing to do body weight only squats. "Core" training... everything is about the core.. How the hell have we survived all those years without realizing we have to do funky looking excercises all geared towards the "core"?

Someone hit the nail on the head with the marketing angle. You can build a decent body and get in shape with a barbell set, weight bench, and a few dumbells and some open road. But the fitness industry has managed to build a billion dollar industry inventing new ways to get in shape. I can't blame them, I'm just embarrassed of the gullibility of the average human when it comes to things like the shake weight...

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 08:21:57 AM »
It just makes me laugh sometimes. The intense, serious looks on their faces and they fully concentrate on balancing on the half beach ball while trying and failing to do body weight only squats. "Core" training... everything is about the core.. How the hell have we survived all those years without realizing we have to do funky looking excercises all geared towards the "core"?

Someone hit the nail on the head with the marketing angle. You can build a decent body and get in shape with a barbell set, weight bench, and a few dumbells and some open road. But the fitness industry has managed to build a billion dollar industry inventing new ways to get in shape. I can't blame them, I'm just embarrassed of the gullibility of the average human when it comes to things like the shake weight...

A few months ago I was doing pullups, fat ass with trainer next to me suggested I put my feet on a beach ball to work on my core - if I wanted to train core I would do abs etc...not fuking pullups - pullups are for back - they looked at me like a i was the idiot. ::)
K

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 04:18:40 PM »
This why I am soooooo glad for the gym I manage!!! WE do not have all the fancy smancy shit we got plates, dumbells, bars, a few seletorized machines and everything else is free weights. We can scream, yell, cuss, and fart and no one says a god damn thing about it. Plus we play the music we want not what the damn soccer mom and old bittys wanna hear. Thank God for our hardcore place, I do my cardio at a corporate gym and the equipment is nice for getting fit but we got what ya need to get BIG!!!   

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 11:43:47 PM »
This why I am soooooo glad for the gym I manage!!! WE do not have all the fancy smancy shit we got plates, dumbells, bars, a few seletorized machines and everything else is free weights. We can scream, yell, cuss, and fart and no one says a god damn thing about it. Plus we play the music we want not what the damn soccer mom and old bittys wanna hear. Thank God for our hardcore place, I do my cardio at a corporate gym and the equipment is nice for getting fit but we got what ya need to get BIG!!!   

I laugh my ass off everytime I watch your video and your chuckin 45lb plates around and droppin shit - then beastin out with dobsons crazyass

corporate gym huh? what kinda wardrobe you don in there? they let you wear the skullcap? ur huge ass stompin around in there must scare some folk, big man must know some peps,  ;D

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 12:15:39 AM »
I laugh my ass off everytime I watch your video and your chuckin 45lb plates around and droppin shit - then beastin out with dobsons crazyass

corporate gym huh? what kinda wardrobe you don in there? they let you wear the skullcap? ur huge ass stompin around in there must scare some folk, big man must know some peps,  ;D
Spike i always wondered (no homo) how does your training looks like? slplits etc..do you also use machines a lot?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 12:16:40 AM »
yes spike can do awesome splits on stage slurp

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 09:00:04 AM »
Spike i always wondered (no homo) how does your training looks like? slplits etc..do you also use machines a lot?

i do heavy compounds first like if I did chest I do

incline bench
flat DB press
dips
pec deck
hammer chest
cable flies

today I;ll do arms and Imma go pretty heavy but most of time I always workout by myslef so I dont go heavy always - more for a pump

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 09:12:17 AM »
Need to go old school.