Author Topic: The Undeclared War on America's Middle Class (I)  (Read 3176 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: The Undeclared War on America's Middle Class (I)
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »
good luck starting your business on minimum wage ... yeah that'll make it easier for everyone to get ahead.
you dont have to start a business...

you can go to college receive a good education and move up within the company...

LOL again the only person keeping you down gcb is yourself...nobody else...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 07:20:51 PM »
I started my biz with 700 dollars eight years ago out of my folks basement.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 07:34:37 PM »
I started my biz with 700 dollars eight years ago out of my folks basement.

That's nice of your folks to help you out, some people won't be so lucky.

College can be expensive I wonder where you're gonna get money to pay for that?

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 11:18:58 PM »
This thread is a prime of example of why most liberals are morons with no conception of economics. Nobody deserves anything. Businesses exist to make money, not advance ass backward social agendas. Until libs come to grips with this fact, having an intelligent conversation about financial matters with them is a waste of time. I prefer to insult them instead. Slapper you are, and always have been a mindless, pathetic, fuckwad.
;)
Y

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 03:34:26 AM »
don't worry no-one will get anything for free - we could start charging for oxygen and anything else that was formerly free since that is always a good idea

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 03:44:32 AM »
Talk to obama on that - under cap and trade that is exactly what you would be doing. 

Hope and changes bitches! 

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 06:34:18 AM »
This thread is a prime of example of why most liberals are morons with no conception of economics. Nobody deserves anything. Businesses exist to make money, not advance ass backward social agendas. Until libs come to grips with this fact, having an intelligent conversation about financial matters with them is a waste of time. I prefer to insult them instead. Slapper you are, and always have been a mindless, pathetic, fuckwad.

The usual Nazi bullshit.

::)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 07:22:11 AM »
The usual Nazi bullshit.

Nazi? Really, seems to me the Nazi's nationalized everything, try getting your terms correct you fucking idiot.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 10:36:42 AM »
If it wasn't for unions my little kid would be doing a 40-hour shift at a factory somewhere.

Hahaha, that's a load of shit.  Unions are an antiquated relic of the past that should have been abolished years ago.  There's PLENTY of legislation covering workers rights these days to make unions completely useless.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 01:04:39 PM »
In concept I don't see anything wrong with Unions.  It's prudent for workers to organize and protect themselves from abuses beyond what laws can protect them from. The problem is Unions became to bloated & powerful.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 01:19:18 PM »
In concept I don't see anything wrong with Unions.  It's prudent for workers to organize and protect themselves from abuses beyond what laws can protect them from. The problem is Unions became to bloated & powerful.

There should be no public employee unions period. The power that they have is the ability to destroy the country's infastructure. Beyond that, they don't deserve any power to bargain for anything except their wages-- and that doesn't require a union. Not to mention the fact that if the public employees were allowed to keep their union dues, they would have more money to begin with.

And to Slapper-- I think your kid is going to grow up to be an unskilled, mindless factory worker anyway. Therefore, the advent of Unions in this country was merely delaying the inevitable. Also, FYI you do realize that public employees don't make anything right? If you can name a single employee in this country that works for a public union in a factory, I will never make fun of you in one of your own threads again.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 01:27:35 PM »
There should be no public employee unions period. The power that they have is the ability to destroy the country's infastructure. Beyond that, they don't deserve any power to bargain for anything except their wages-- and that doesn't require a union. Not to mention the fact that if the public employees were allowed to keep their union dues, they would have more money to begin with.

Without a union (or union type of organization) how can they have the power needed to truly bargain?  Also there are other abuses laws cannot always cover such as:  The manipulation of work hours, retirements, corporate execs raping the company, etc.

I agree about the union dues.  I think that's a huge scam from the get go.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »
Without a union (or union type of organization) how can they have the power needed to truly bargain?  Also there are other abuses laws cannot always cover such as:  The manipulation of work hours, retirements, corporate execs raping the company, etc.

I agree about the union dues.  I think that's a huge scam from the get go.

That's my point Oz. When the taxpayer bankrolls your lifestyle, you don't deserve the right to "truly bargain". You deserve a fair wage that is in sync with what the private sector has to offer and while I don't think pensions should be eliminated, I am in favor of a static, immovable benefits package for all public employees that cannot be changed under any circumstances beyond adjustments made for inflation. Of course, the longer you work, the more you recieve-- but thats it. The American people should not be held hostage another second by these fat cat union gangsters and their marxist stooges in government. Also, in case I didn't clarify, I am ONLY highlighting PUBLIC unions. I have no problem with Unions in the private sector.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 08:35:08 PM »
[...]And to Slapper-- I think your kid is going to grow up to be an unskilled, mindless factory worker anyway.[...]

Nah, I'm already making sure my kid is going to get top-notch education by attending some of the best schools Westchester County has to offer you Nazi pussy.

On the other hand, your's bundles of joy are going to have to resort to public funding to finish their education. I can almost guarantee it. The level of generational ignorance you express is going to take many generations to get rid of. And that, my friend, is something your kids will never be able to shed.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2011, 08:46:32 PM »
Hahaha, that's a load of shit.  Unions are an antiquated relic of the past that should have been abolished years ago.  There's PLENTY of legislation covering workers rights these days to make unions completely useless.

All you American Dream chasers sound the same. You're like a fucking broken record.

Yes, many years ago, Big Business was Ok employing kittle kids in factories and all. It wasn't until unions came about that kids were taken out of factories and put into schools. Apart from many other things that you could learn yourself by doing a simple google search instead of repeating slogans.

Back then men had balls. Literally, because men in the 20s and 30s had almost 3 times more sperm than the modern Gringo.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2011, 08:51:58 PM »

what does that have to do w govt unions who dont build or creat a damn thing?

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2011, 09:09:25 PM »

That's what YOU say.

My wife works for the DoE, which educates, has educated and will educate many human beings to become productive individuals in their societies.

In fact, many to the right and left, have recognized that the USA has been a successful "story" mainly because education has been a fundamental component of our society.

And this is just an example.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2011, 09:27:38 PM »

Come to think of it, what is it that YOU create of value?

You seem to work 2 hours a day and spend the rest of your time posting political stuff in a bodybuilding forum.

Don't you understand that to some of us you're just a full of shit guy with 22 hours to spare?

Talk the talk and walk the walk son.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2011, 10:19:25 PM »
That's nice of your folks to help you out, some people won't be so lucky.

College can be expensive I wonder where you're gonna get money to pay for that?
they can take out loans LIKE MY ASS DID, quit making fucking excuses and do what you have to do to get a better life...quit blaming others for "holding you back" and waiting for someone to give you a hand out... ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2011, 04:12:41 AM »
Updated: Sun., Feb. 27, 2011, 5:59 AM 
1,500 teachers paid to do union business and miss class
By SUSAN EDELMAN

Posted: 12:40 AM, February 27, 2011

In the city's funny math, you get only one teacher for the price of two.

The Department of Education pays about 1,500 teachers for time they spend on union activities -- and pays other teachers to replace them in the classroom.

It's a sweetheart deal that costs taxpayers an extra $9 million a year to pay fill-ins for instructors who are sprung -- at full pay -- to carry out responsibilities for the United Federation of Teachers.

With Mayor Bloomberg calling for thousands of teacher layoffs to balance the 2012 budget, critics say it's time to halt the extravagant benefit.

"In these tight fiscal times, it defies common sense to pay two different people to do one job," said Dick Dadey, executive director of Citizens Union, a government watchdog. "It's a waste of money."

That $9 million would cover the salaries of 198 new teachers at the current annual $45,530 starting pay

The DOE lets 40 experienced teachers collect top pay and fringe benefits, but work just one class period a day.

Under a contract agreement since 2003, the DOE excuses these veterans to work for the UFT -- currently 38 as district representatives and two as union vice presidents. The UFT pays them another salary, plus expenses.

English teacher Tom Dromgoole, for instance, collects top teacher pay, $100,049 a year, from the DOE for his slot at Leadership and Public Service HS in downtown Manhattan. But he is relieved for most of the day to serve as a UFT high school rep. The UFT supplements his salary by $50,461, records show.

Dromgoole is outspoken on state budget cuts, which he blasted at a boisterous protest last March with UFT President Michael Mulgrew. Reached Friday outside his Brooklyn townhouse, Dromgoole brushed past a reporter who asked about his UFT work, saying, "No comment."

Another veteran teacher said of the lucrative gigs, "It's a plum because you're not teaching. Some principals give them little or nothing to do" because the UFT reps are powerful.

The rest of the 1,500 teachers paid for time away from students are UFT "chapter leaders," who represent faculty at each school. They get at least one class period a day "for investigation of grievances" and other union-related duties, the contract says.

The UFT reimburses the DOE only about $900,000 of nearly $10 million it spends to replace the teachers, officials said.

One principal said his school's chapter leader is helpful as a staff liaison, but he questioned why the UFT -- which collects $126 million in member dues -- doesn't cover the cost: "They have a lot of money to run TV ads. Should DOE be paying for this?"

UFT spokesman Dick Riley said such arrangements are common among city unions "and were instituted with the agreement of NYC government."

A spokeswoman for Mayor Bloomberg declined to comment.

Additional reporting by Farrah Weinstein

susan.edelman@nypost.com

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2011, 08:06:07 AM »
And, of course, unions have to be dismantled because of 9 fucking million dollars...

I don't see or hear you say that capitalism has to be dismantled because Madoff made out with 40+ BILLION...

You're a complete fake gumbah.

Get a fucking real job.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2011, 08:08:11 AM »
madoff didnt make off with anything brain child he is in jail for the rest of his natural life...you call that making off?

you think there is no stealing and pillaging of union coffers?

LMFAO great logic moron...

go start a business and quit asking for hand outs...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2011, 08:20:42 AM »
Union greed and corruption is perfectly fine to the far left.