Author Topic: Picking your Champions  (Read 7469 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Picking your Champions
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 07:34:20 AM »
Lol...the good old days of just a spotlight on the ring. No music, no pyro.

Those old vids have such a better look than the over lighting they use now.....  I actually kinda feel bad for the workers, as it takes away some of their ability to communicate and I think it takes away from the "real" look of the old stuff.  Not to mention the damn cameras practically, and sometimes literally, being in the ring.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 07:40:35 AM »
Those old vids have such a better look than the over lighting they use now.....  I actually kinda feel bad for the workers, as it takes away some of their ability to communicate and I think it takes away from the "real" look of the old stuff.  Not to mention the damn cameras practically, and sometimes literally, being in the ring.
There's always a cameraman standing on the ring apron now...not to mention the twenty japanese photographers at ringside during a big WM event.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 12:11:22 PM »

What's gone too far is playing music for a run-in. I know, in this era, it's silly to think in terms of logic, but, how would the audio guy know in advance?

"Hey Mr. Audio Guy, my buddy is getting his ass kicked in the ring. I'm about to go in and save him. Could you get my music ready?"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 12:17:01 PM »
What's gone too far is playing music for a run-in. I know, in this era, it's silly to think in terms of logic, but, how would the audio guy know in advance?

"Hey Mr. Audio Guy, my buddy is getting his ass kicked in the ring. I'm about to go in and save him. Could you get my music ready?"

haha, Lizzy me and a buddy have had that conversation before.....too funny.  And during the "backstage" or outside vignettes, I can remember the Horsemen using a "camera man" when they roughed up Dusty in a parking lot.  At least they tried, now they make it virtually impossible to suspend belief for a couple of hours.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 12:55:26 PM »
haha, Lizzy me and a buddy have had that conversation before.....too funny.  And during the "backstage" or outside vignettes, I can remember the Horsemen using a "camera man" when they roughed up Dusty in a parking lot.  At least they tried, now they make it virtually impossible to suspend belief for a couple of hours.

In the old days, I would figure out who was doing the run in before Bob Caudill.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 12:59:14 PM »
In the old days, I would figure out who was doing the run in before Bob Caudill.

haha, Bob was too drunk to know what was happening and that was before you started drinking.....I think.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 01:19:42 PM »
Apparently after that incident, people wanted the horsemen arrested for real. Thats how big of a face and people person Dusty was.

ckanyon99

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »
o.c.w.champ-sherman tank

Champion of what pie eating

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 03:08:19 PM »
Apparently after that incident, people wanted the horsemen arrested for real. Thats how big of a face and people person Dusty was.

I'd have wanted them arrested, too...

...for not finishing the job!

Dusssty represssentin' the "common man..." provided that obese, albino, bleached afro with tits & raccoon eyes was how most men looked in that territory.
 :)

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 04:49:46 PM »

I can verify this.  Some were my family members. ;D

ckanyon99

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 07:18:41 PM »
world champ-sting or dusty
i.c.champ-razor ramone
tac champos-roadwarriors
o.c.w.champ-sherman tank

This is sherman tank

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »
i guess you are like billy the kid,not shy at all.posting pics of the tank.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2011, 05:17:45 AM »

I'd have wanted them arrested, too...

...for not finishing the job!

Dusssty represssentin' the "common man..." provided that obese, albino, bleached afro with tits & raccoon eyes was how most men looked in that territory.
 :)
"For every man, woman & child....every race, creed & color....I've dined with many kings & queens, but I also ate a lot of pork & beans...I am the American dream." Lol....

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 05:27:08 AM »
I remember and old promo that the Horsemen cut on Dusty, think it was Arn or Tully, talking about all the men of Austin knew the color of Dusty's moms bedroom....hahaha.....it was subtle and so funny.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2011, 06:14:18 AM »
I remember and old promo that the Horsemen cut on Dusty, think it was Arn or Tully, talking about all the men of Austin knew the color of Dusty's moms bedroom....hahaha.....it was subtle and so funny.
Lol...

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 05:14:19 PM »
i was watching a dvd on dusty the other day,he did have the best promos.

ckanyon99

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 12:44:47 AM »
You guy consider Ric Flair one of the best talkers of all time. I think from early 80's in NWA to 91-92 when he left the NWA-WCW to go to WWF personaly I think there was not one better.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2011, 10:51:23 AM »
You guy consider Ric Flair one of the best talkers of all time. I think from early 80's in NWA to 91-92 when he left the NWA-WCW to go to WWF personaly I think there was not one better.
There still is no one better.  ;)

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2011, 02:05:12 PM »
flair was great,but two that were better,stardust himself the american dream and superstar billy graham.

ckanyon99

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 06:37:34 PM »
My best talkers in wrestling

Ric Flair
Bobby Heenan
The Rock
Capt Lou Albano
Michael Hayes
Eddie Gilbert
Chris Jericho