Author Topic: The pussyfication of American kids continues  (Read 4704 times)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: The pussyfication of American kids continues
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 05:14:41 PM »
I'll address the first part of your question because you make a legit point. I'm just going to dismiss the second point because all of life is a matter of degrees. There are gradations of punishment as there are gradations of everything.

We don't equate adult with children. In our culture children don't have the same rights as adults. We can deprive them things that we don't deprive to adults: certain freedoms, access to products, curfews....

We don't, for the most part, set bed time hours for adults or mandate that they go to school. We don't force adults to eat their vegetables or wear pajamas.

Also there is a big difference between a swat on the hand and a beating. I don't condone beating the crap out of a kid, except in extreme circumstance, but nothing gets their attention faster and better then a smack on the top of the head and instilling in them that outright defiance will lead to a "licking."

And, BTW, I do believe that in certain cases hitting an adult is not only justified but should be encouraged and often a good thing. A friend of mine was sitting with his girlfriend when another guy "playfully" grab one of her boobs. He was quickly floored by a right hook. He apologize and meekly slithered out of the room. I think he will think twice about grabbing boobs without permission in the future. At least if that girl is with a guy who he thinks might kick his ass.

A lot of bad behavior is discourage when the potential offender thinks he might stand a very real chance of getting his ass kicked.

In my opinion, if a culture doesn't understand that kids should be protected against physical harm at all times then that culture is unsustainable in the long run. Take a look at Africa for example. Every negative aspect you can think of in a culture can probably be found there. They have in general zero respect towards children. Islam regards women as servants for men and can be punished like children. Again, wonderfull example of morality. But all of these people accept all of this, it's cultural blindness.

Physical punishment teaches children that in this world you get power through physical superiority, and that that power should be implemented.

And I don't think that it is ever acceptable to retaliate against an adult unless in self defense. I can understand that though, we are only humans, but I don't accept it. Hitting someone because that person touched someone's boob is ridiculous. If I were to decide, I would prosecute that as attempted felony murder (hope I got that right. So not quite as attempted murder [of course, it's not premeditated]).

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 05:34:23 PM »
In my opinion, if a culture doesn't understand that kids should be protected against physical harm at all times then that culture is unsustainable in the long run. Take a look at Africa for example. Every negative aspect you can think of in a culture can probably be found there. They have in general zero respect towards children. Islam regards women as servants for men and can be punished like children. Again, wonderfull example of morality. But all of these people accept all of this, it's cultural blindness.

Physical punishment teaches children that in this world you get power through physical superiority, and that that power should be implemented.

Absolutely wrong. It's actually the opposite. It has led to banning monkey bars, see saws, dodge ball.... Hell, in California just to ride a bike or a skateboard you have to be suited up like a hockey player. This preoccupation with the idea that we should strive to live a risk free life; free of all pain and even mild discomfort is absolutely wrong and is part of the reason we are where we are today. Even just comparing city kids to kids raised on a farm is like night and day. Our pampered children aren't properly developing a normal immune system since we clean and sterilize everything they come in contact with.

There's something to taking that fall, hurting yourself, and getting back up that will do more for you than a therapist or Ritalin pill.There's something very telling knowing that you'll get a good licking by your father if you are caught shop lifting.

Remember during WW2 boys would lie about their age so that they could go and fight for their country. Now even those that are there to fight our enemies are not allowed to fight except under extreme and not very clearly define restrictions.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 05:43:36 PM »
What I meant was physical harm caused by other kids or adults.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 06:11:04 PM »
What I meant was physical harm caused by other kids or adults.

I've gotten my ass kicked many times growing up here in Hawaii. I learned how to fight, toughened up a little and developed an extreme hatred of bullies, and stood up for others that were getting picked on. This sometimes led to getting my ass kicked as well but since it happened so many times it's no big thing. But win or lose, the bullies never came back. Bullies are cowards by nature and avoid those who stand up for themselves. And this applies to the school yard as well as the corporate boardroom (though no blows are exchanged... sometimes).

After getting a whipping for giving the finger to my mom I never did it again. I was to always show respect whether I wanted to or now. If I was just sent to my room or given a "time out" (we didn't have that in my day) it would have been a very little deterrent. Crying like a baby in front of my brothers and sisters as well as the pain of belt was more than enough for me to never do that again.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 06:28:20 PM »
If you're going to take harsh disciplinary measures (hitting, beating, whipping etc) you should at least make sure they serve the purpose of helping the kid learn in the long run.  In other words, you should have sound judgment.

My dad would always give me crap for the stupidest, pettiest stuff, that to this day I fully disagree with.

I don't think most people need to use this type if discipline too often, whether because the kid doesn't need it, or because they themselves scarcely have better judgment than their kid.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 06:33:03 PM »
Whatever you folk are just blabbing about nothing. I gave and took loads of abuse in gym class, but regardless of the sport the coach should keep a physical/emotinal distance from his students, this kind of shit is just gonna happen, just bad policy in my opinion.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 06:48:29 PM »
Sometimes when you look back at things you realise how ego driven the parents actually were. At first you are like "no my parents were sound grownups" and then you are "oh yeah they were pretty fucking petty and childish sometimes etc.". If I didn't help my dad as a teenager (this happened mostly when I was mad at him for some reason) my dad wouldn't even look at me for ~2 weeks. Maybe he thought it helped in some way.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2011, 06:55:28 PM »
Sometimes when you look back at things you realise how ego driven the parents actually were. At first you are like "no my parents were sound grownups" and then you are "oh yeah they were pretty fucking petty and childish sometimes etc.". If I didn't help my dad as a teenager (this happened mostly when I was mad at him for some reason) my dad wouldn't even look at me for ~2 weeks. Maybe he thought it helped in some way.
Lol parents that get overly involved in their kids amateur bullshit sports need to get a fucking clue. It's a kid to kid game, no need for interference from adults/coachs.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2011, 07:12:31 PM »
I agree white middle class teens have become the most feminized out of everyone the biggest cry babies the biggest pussies. I grew up in the suburbs. I remember hanging out with some of the puerto ricans who lived in the poorer areas they grew up so much tougher. They took to me in because of my darker mediatarean skin I think they assumed I was latin.They wouldn't hang out with my white friends. It took me awhile to get use to hanging out with them. I smoked weed played ball, went swimming all day with them in the summer. I learned some street smarts and how to handle myself I'm glad I had those experiences.

its not about street smarts and NOT about doing drugs...

WE never did....and i am speaking from a 3rd world prespective...but we were tough.....we handled scrapes and broken bones with candor....we handled broken bones and scrapes as a sign of nobility if nothing else....broken bones and scrapes was a rite of passage amongst us! 8)

American kids now a days are pussies compared.....

and ITS REALLY BAD WHEN YOU THINK THESE R THE PEOPLE IN OUR ARMY  >:(
carpe` vaginum!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2011, 08:24:06 PM »

Actually, again it's the opposite with me. As a kid I thought my parents were morons. When I became an adult my view did a 180.