Author Topic: Pakistani Christian politician murdered for opposing blasphemy laws  (Read 3563 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Punjabi Taliban, al Qaeda assassinate Pakistan's Christian minorities minister

(LWJ)- The Punjabi Taliban and al Qaeda assassinated Pakistan’s Federal Minister for Minorities Affairs in a shooting today in Islamabad, calling him a “blasphemer.”

Minister Shahbaz Bhatti was gunned down as he was leaving his mother’s home in the capital. At the time of his death, Bhatti was setting out for a federal cabinet meeting in Islamabad. Bhatti’s driver was also seriously wounded in the attack.

“The attackers were wearing shawls and opened indiscriminate fire as they got close to the minister’s car,” Wajid Durrani, Islamabad’s chief of police, told reporters at a press conference.

Al Qaeda and the Punjabi Taliban left pamphlets left at the scene of Bhatti’s murder to claim responsibility for the assassination. The terror groups claimed that Bhatti, an “infidel Christian,” was in charge of a secretive committee assigned to repeal Pakistan’s blasphemy laws, The Associated Press reported. Al Qaeda and the Punjabi Taliban also threatened further assassinations against unspecified targets.

“With the blessing of Allah, the mujahedeen will send each of you to hell,” the pamphlet read.

Two Taliban spokesmen also claimed credit for the assassination, and compared him to Salman Taseer, the governor of Punjab province who was assassinated in January by his bodyguard for opposing Pakistan’s repressive blasphemy laws, which allow those perceived to have slighted Islam to be put to death.

“He was a blasphemer like Salman Taseer,” a spokesman known as Sajjad Mohmand told Reuters.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2011/03/taliban_assassinates.php

Ahh, just smell that Islamic tolerance! Cue someone to tell us how tolerant and accepting Islam is of other faiths!

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
Ahhh   such a loving religion those muslims are!!!  gosh  ::)
down with hussein

Fury

• Getbig V
Ahhh   such a loving religion those muslims are!!!  gosh  ::)

Well, in their defense, he was an "infidel Christian", after all.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Pakistani Christian politician murdered for opposing blasphemy laws
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 09:38:57 AM »
Climate of hate.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 09:40:15 AM »
Climate of hate. Religion of Peace*

Fixed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »
Al-Qaeda is a friggin scourge.  Bunch of animals.  Amazing how such a small number of extremists can have such a huge global impact. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 12:39:59 PM »
Al-Qaeda is a friggin scourge.  Bunch of animals.  Amazing how such a small number of extremists can have such a huge global impact. 

I don't doubt that members of the Pakistani government are up to their neck in this.

This guy apparently made a video predicting his death:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 01:10:32 PM »
I don't doubt that members of the Pakistani government are up to their neck in this.

This guy apparently made a video predicting his death:

Saying he believed in Jesus Christ signed his own death warrant.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 01:29:18 PM »
Where is KCBallsack and the other cowns to say this is an isolated incident?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 02:37:21 PM »
Is Obama going to launch an investigation as to why this incident took place?

I think we should. We can't assume that the victim in this case was murdered over religious issues.

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 11:46:03 AM »
Maybe bambam should hold a beer summit
down with hussein

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 12:02:13 PM »
Where is KCBallsack and the other cowns to say this is an isolated incident?

::)  Trolling as usual.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 12:11:10 PM »
Is it isolated or not? 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »
Is it isolated or not? 

Who cares whether it's isolated or not.  The problem is extremists killed this man and will keep killing people until they are killed themselves.  Gosh you're an idiot just looking to bait and troll about nonsense like 'is it isolated' who the fu*k cares and what does it matter?  It's Pakistan, they have Taliban and Al-Qaeda in their northern regions killing thousands of people each year and the only way to stop them is to kill them. 

Now you're going to say 'see all muslims are evil' like a complete tool because a minority extremist group is running rampant in pakistan. 
Abandon every hope...

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 01:07:47 PM »
Who cares whether it's isolated or not.  The problem is extremists killed this man and will keep killing people until they are killed themselves.  Gosh you're an idiot just looking to bait and troll about nonsense like 'is it isolated' who the fu*k cares and what does it matter?  It's Pakistan, they have Taliban and Al-Qaeda in their northern regions killing thousands of people each year and the only way to stop them is to kill them. 

Now you're going to say 'see all muslims are evil' like a complete tool because a minority extremist group is running rampant in pakistan. 

Strange how such a "minority" of Muslims manage to have such a global impact
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 01:10:14 PM »

;D

They seem to be quite a large "minority".

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 01:57:45 PM »

Well when you have 24/7 news following every story it's not hard to see why they get such exposure. 
Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 02:02:21 PM »
Well when you have 24/7 news following every story it's not hard to see why they get such exposure.  

::)

I'd estimate that the MSM covers less than 1% of the daily atrocities coming out of the Islamic world and chooses to stick the biggest ones (i.e. bombings that kill dozens or assassinations of major players). When the Muslims rack up roughly 20,000 documented deadly Muslim jihadist attacks since 9/11 like they have some are going to get covered.

But you go ahead and keep playing the "It's really the western media that vilifies Islam card" when the reality of the situation is that the MSM spends the bulk of their time kissing Muslim ass.  :)

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 02:30:41 PM »

You can call it culture, you can call it religion, whatever you want to call it the Middle East seems to have a disproportionate number of loonies will to kill and maim, for something as simple as blasphemy :o
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 02:35:58 PM »
KC probably has the muslim sunshine gang blowing him sweet kisses to allah at night.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 02:42:26 PM »
You can call it culture, you can call it religion, whatever you want to call it the Middle East seems to have a disproportionate number of loonies will to kill and maim, for something as simple as blasphemy :o

I agree.  There are a disproportionate amount of nut jobs in the middle east and/or of middle eastern descent who kill, maim and destroy lives and use Islam as their reasoning.  

There are questions that we need to answer in order to find out why this is happening.  Is it western backlash of failed foreign policy?  Is it boredom, a lack of something to live for due to an increasingly docile lifestyle?   Is this a result of apathy towards terrorists and extremists?  Maybe believing that as long as they are killing someone else, they aren't killing you?  That seems to be a problem in Saudi Arabia where the kingdom has become more and more at odds with a growing extremist view.  
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 02:43:50 PM »
Or is it plain and simple violence by people who know no better and need to be destroyed like a rabid dog does. 
Abandon every hope...

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 02:45:21 PM »
I agree.  There are a disproportionate amount of nut jobs in the middle east and/or of middle eastern descent who kill, maim and destroy lives and use Islam as their reasoning.  

There are questions that we need to answer in order to find out why this is happening.  Is it western backlash of failed foreign policy?  Is it boredom, a lack of something to live for due to an increasingly docile lifestyle?   Is this a result of apathy towards terrorists and extremists?  Maybe believing that as long as they are killing someone else, they aren't killing you?  That seems to be a problem in Saudi Arabia where the kingdom has become more and more at odds with a growing extremist view.  

90+% are illiterate, so they get their information form clerics, I was watching some documentary about madras's and how kids are stuck in these things 14 hrs a day just learning the Koran. The kid couldn't read but he could recite the Koran word for word.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 02:50:56 PM »
90+% are illiterate, so they get their information form clerics, I was watching some documentary about madras's and how kids are stuck in these things 14 hrs a day just learning the Koran. The kid couldn't read but he could recite the Koran word for word.

I've seen stuff on like that too.  One can not properly interpret something without understanding the language it's written in, and the context in which it was written.   There are some good documentaries out there on things like this.  I saw one on the origin of the suicide bomber and how it's become more and more apart of islam despite not even being used extensively until the Iran/Iraq war. 
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 02:51:53 PM »
But of course if you can't read what is in the koran, anyone can tell you to forget the passage that says suicide will send you to hell and listen about how actually you'll get virgins in heaven because of it. 
Abandon every hope...