Author Topic: 6 meals a day and proper macros my ass! LOL!  (Read 43967 times)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Re: 6 meals a day and proper macros my ass! LOL!
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2011, 08:37:37 PM »
Because it was a contradiction.  The weight you lift (be it heavy, light, low reps, high reps) is a stress that the body adapts to....so it does "know" what weight was lifted according to the stress created by said weight.  In turn, it adapts to it in order to be prepared for it the next time.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2011, 08:48:05 PM »
Because it was a contradiction.  The weight you lift (be it heavy, light, low reps, high reps) is a stress that the body adapts to....so it does "know" what weight was lifted according to the stress created by said weight.  In turn, it adapts to it in order to be prepared for it the next time.

Well if all things being equal maybe, but they rarely if ever are. A small amount of body english, changes in blood sugar, lack of sleep, motivation, drugs of any kind, intracellular water levels and more can have an effect on whether your muscles "know" what weight "it" is using. Also, even a one pound increase in a particular exercise will eventually over the years have one using 1000 pounds while bench pressing for example. There are many powerlifters who are not nearly as big as bodybuilders that are much stronger and will tell you that in order for you to get stronger you will sacrifice size.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2011, 08:48:59 PM »
nobody can go all out every workout. youll quickly over train. i go in cycles. max weight (singles, doubles, triples) for a few weeks. then back off and do sets of 6-8 for a few weeks. stretching on off days. i think anyone can lift heavy and be injury free if they figure out their body and make sure to use good form. i dont mean you have to be super strict on every rep of every set. but be safe, dont do jerky movements, etc.

there are certain guys out there who can get massive and strong off of juice and high rep light weight workouts. vince taylor rings a bell. but most guys, even on juice, need to really focus on their training and getting as strong as possible in order to build a big body.  even those guys who have great genetic response and never train heavy, once they are big they can go heavy if they want to. because a big muscle is a strong muscle.

im still learning, but ive learned enough to know that most guys arent going to make progress if they dont learn how to workout properly, and so im trying to help guys by arguing this point whenever it comes up. but guys are always so against this idea, its as if they are so scared of lifting heavy that they would rather live in delusion and skinniness than face the truth.

Dude, youre still young, huh... (?)

Are you still training near me? I heard Kens girl tell me he opened two more gyms in the East Bay.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2011, 08:51:30 PM »

Dude, youre still young, huh... (?)

Are you still training near me? I heard Kens girl tell me he opened two more gyms in the East Bay.
not at kens gym anymore, im at the 24 hour now. still manteca. ya i heard he opened those gyms. i also heard he was kicking people out of his gym from being "too loud".  :-\

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2011, 03:44:43 AM »
Because it was a contradiction.  The weight you lift (be it heavy, light, low reps, high reps) is a stress that the body adapts to....so it does "know" what weight was lifted according to the stress created by said weight.  In turn, it adapts to it in order to be prepared for it the next time.

Firstly, when i was younger someone said that to me and i thought it was bullshit.

Secondly, i have trained as heavy as i could get to with deads and squats, so over 600 pounds for reps on deads and close on squats. I gained more size dropping the weights and training to failure with reps being slower. Now i just feel everything, i still train heavy and to failure but i could go heavier yet i'm bigger than i've ever been.

If you're not convinced then don't do it. Getting stronger is important to growth, especially early on, but it's not the be all and end all.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2011, 03:50:48 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2011, 04:12:32 AM »

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2011, 04:50:28 AM »
Firstly, when i was younger someone said that to me and i thought it was bullshit.

Secondly, i have trained as heavy as i could get to with deads and squats, so over 600 pounds for reps on deads and close on squats. I gained more size dropping the weights and training to failure with reps being slower. Now i just feel everything, i still train heavy and to failure but i could go heavier yet i'm bigger than i've ever been.

If you're not convinced then don't do it. Getting stronger is important to growth, especially early on, but it's not the be all and end all.

So, basically your body did "know" what to do with that particular stress placed on it being that you are bigger than you ever have been.  Trust me, I know all too well about the heavy vs. light thing.  As much as I loved in the past training heavy (squat up to 500, dead up to 565) my joints cant take that anymore.  I am right there with you on the size thing since committing to rotating my training.  When I do the "heavy" stuff I do use a slower tempo, but still pay for it for a few days.  Sad as it is, I enjoy the lighter more intense days....wish I could have convinced a 25yo self to do that.

I will still hold that there is the adaptation to the stress placed on the muscles that is individualistic....

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2011, 06:22:50 AM »
i am training now using less weight, and more cable work on my arms than ever. they are responding ridiculously well to the point they have gone from my weakest body part to looking like they belong on my body- bringing up any body part if you have ever tried it is usually almost more than difficult without seo.

overall, i have upped my volume and decreased my weight on all exercises and am growing like a weed. fuck lifting heavy. i cant remember the last time i tried to bench 315. i have no need to.
b

Stavios

« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2011, 08:55:23 AM »
i am training now using less weight, and more cable work on my arms than ever. they are responding ridiculously well to the point they have gone from my weakest body part to looking like they belong on my body- bringing up any body part if you have ever tried it is usually almost more than difficult without seo.

overall, i have upped my volume and decreased my weight on all exercises and am growing like a weed. fuck lifting heavy. i cant remember the last time i tried to bench 315. i have no need to.

Same for me !!
my arms still look weak as fuck while in a relaxed  pose or front lat spread because they have bad shape, but in a front double bicep or abs and tighs they are very good now !

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2011, 04:00:15 PM »

LMAO

your a small fuck

Stavios

« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2011, 09:35:48 PM »
Bump for this thread, it should stays on top  8)

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2011, 11:20:30 AM »
LMAO

your a small fuck

lol well, i dont look like you. thats for sure.
b

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2011, 11:30:38 AM »
still wondering how these muslim "believers" associate islam, mohammad principles with smoking, drinking, extreme narcissism and repressed homosexuality without any second thoughts.

a funny world we live in.

Is it any better than "the coach" telling us how much of a republican and christian believer he is while at the same time having married and divorced 4 women, and using steroids for years.

Haha, humans ...the funniest animals on earth.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2011, 11:33:06 AM »
I tried the gironda 10x10 program a while back (last year) and i loved it! esepecially the diet that went with it. I was amazed at the pump i got and the fullness i had especially that i ate practically trace amounts of carbs on that diet!

but this year i've went on more like a serge nubret type of training.

3 exercises per muscle, 8 sets first exercise, 6 sets 2nd and 3rd exercise. hitting chest, back on sat and tue, delts and arms on sun and wed, legs on mon... 60 seconds rest between sets, sometimes less.

sometimes after the first 8 sets of leg extensions, i would hop off the machine and smash into the ground because my legs aren't strong enough after that fucked up exercise to carry my ass up.

i remember after training delts and arms, i'd go on the treadmill, and for the first 10-15 minutes, i'd have to grind my teeth to be able to take the burn i'm feeling in my shoulders (the muscle and not the joints)... with high volume, even if you aren't lifting heavy, but you put effort into it, you really feel like you're bodybuilding. not just throwing around weight and working out your ego.

Oh and a big FUCK YOU ....

Your 8 sets of 1st ex, 6 on 2nd and 3rd....did it for legs....  :-X near vomit....Do you keep that volume up for all bodyparts?  If not, how do you break everything else up?

Alex23

« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2011, 09:45:34 PM »
lol well, i dont look like you. thats for sure.

What do you look like then?

And why didn't you show up monday? I was pretty clear about where I was going to be.

tbombz >>>>>> no one.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2011, 10:07:26 AM »
What do you look like then?

And why didn't you show up monday? I was pretty clear about where I was going to be.

tbombz >>>>>> no one.

still waiting for that pm where you say that whatever happens between us you entered into voluntarily.

better yet- write it right here in this thread for the whole board to see and i'll give you my word i'll be there.

lets see how big your balls are, mouthpiece.

Hope I"m not twisting your arm but are you coming on monday?

All drama aside, I'm sure it would be fun. No pics, no outing, promised.

Once I meet ppl IRL, they're off limits, actually the opposite, I'll prop u up, I'm sure you walk the walk...

take care man, get over the drama...

for a guy who was kissing my ass in PM's after i called you out, you sure are talking big now that the day has come and gone.

A23 = my bitch and a coward, and the whole board knows it.

:D

b

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2011, 11:52:44 AM »
still wondering how these muslim "believers" associate islam, mohammad principles with smoking, drinking, extreme narcissism and repressed homosexuality without any second thoughts.

a funny world we live in.

Is it any better than "the coach" telling us how much of a republican and christian believer he is while at the same time having married and divorced 4 women, and using steroids for years.

Haha, humans ...the funniest animals on earth.

LOL!

not everyone here is religious bro  ;)

there are good muslims who mind their own damn business and don't give a shit about anyone else's beliefs...
there are idiot muslims...
bad muslims....
people who are forced to believe in islam...
and people who aren't muslims but have to declare they are by law...

so don't act all like you know shit, fella  :P ;D

Oh and a big FUCK YOU ....

Your 8 sets of 1st ex, 6 on 2nd and 3rd....did it for legs....  :-X near vomit....Do you keep that volume up for all bodyparts?  If not, how do you break everything else up?

yup... all body parts same volume... 20 sets... 8, 6, 6... group chest with back, delts with supersetting biceps and triceps, quads and hams.... then repeat...

it's sickening if it's the first time you try it... within a week or two, you're gonna have fun... and it'll seem like you never run out of energy and if you have carbs in your diet like i do now (i haven't had more than 120 grams of carbs on workout days since december) and you use slin... holy shit do you get full and vascular without looking puffy!!!! but i only increase my carbs on sun and tue

since you're natural, i don't think you'll be using slin... but i'd assume that you'd get the same effect, only not that exaggerated, by just eating more carbs if you aren't trying to lean out.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2011, 12:04:46 PM »

yup... all body parts same volume... 20 sets... 8, 6, 6... group chest with back, delts with supersetting biceps and triceps, quads and hams.... then repeat...

it's sickening if it's the first time you try it... within a week or two, you're gonna have fun... and it'll seem like you never run out of energy and if you have carbs in your diet like i do now (i haven't had more than 120 grams of carbs on workout days since december) and you use slin... holy shit do you get full and vascular without looking puffy!!!! but i only increase my carbs on sun and tue

since you're natural, i don't think you'll be using slin... but i'd assume that you'd get the same effect, only not that exaggerated, by just eating more carbs if you aren't trying to lean out.

All bodyparts the same?  Wow...when I did the 8x8 gironda...I liked that feeling you KNEW was coming the next day.  You are right though...feels as though you have a weird amount of energy....not natural anymore...I am doing the pussy amount of T-cyp.  Spoke with an MD in florida that laughed when I told him how much I was on...he said "are you 160lbs?"  He recommended 200mgT/wk...with HCG....with dex...with 8weeks deca, then 8 weeks off deca.  I asked him "you know you I am not competing anymore...right?"  He just said that athletes respond better to those levels...even when they are done with their sports.  Thats a big reason why I never did that shit till now...I cant imagine how many times a week people are sticking themselves with needles.  It takes me a few mins to just do the one shot I am doing now.

So, 120gms of carbs on all other days but sun and tues?  How high do you go on those days?  For me...(as you saw in my one diet that I posted)..I eat like that all week (cycling carbs)..then sunday I just blow it out.

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2011, 12:10:21 PM »
All bodyparts the same?  Wow...when I did the 8x8 gironda...I liked that feeling you KNEW was coming the next day.  You are right though...feels as though you have a weird amount of energy....not natural anymore...I am doing the pussy amount of T-cyp.  Spoke with an MD in florida that laughed when I told him how much I was on...he said "are you 160lbs?"  He recommended 200mgT/wk...with HCG....with dex...with 8weeks deca, then 8 weeks off deca.  I asked him "you know you I am not competing anymore...right?"  He just said that athletes respond better to those levels...even when they are done with their sports.  Thats a big reason why I never did that shit till now...I cant imagine how many times a week people are sticking themselves with needles.  It takes me a few mins to just do the one shot I am doing now.

So, 120gms of carbs on all other days but sun and tues?  How high do you go on those days?  For me...(as you saw in my one diet that I posted)..I eat like that all week (cycling carbs)..then sunday I just blow it out.

i dont really know how many carbs i take in on those days... but i'd say between 350-400 or something like that... for breakfast i eat half a box of raisin bran... at work i keep an apple in case i go hypo (i take about 10 iu of humalin r 30 minutes before breakfast or so... gonna go up another 5 this week)... then i have my two buns with lunch... then i drink around 750 ml of cranberry grapefruit juice while working out cuz i take another 20 iu of slin 30 minutes before my workout... then i eat half a box of fruity pebbles or honey smacks an hour or two after workout... and that's it.

hawkmoon

• Getbig II
« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2011, 04:34:06 PM »
absolutely...only gaijin would do such a thing

I did a contest here (Japan).
I was the only guy that has to piss in a cup...

Whole thing was a joke...

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2011, 04:35:21 PM »
So Buselmo when are you gonna get your lower body in as good of shape as your upper body  ;)

Alex23

« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2011, 04:46:49 PM »
for a guy who was kissing my ass in PM's after i called you out, you sure are talking big now that the day has come and gone.
A23 = my bitch and a coward, and the whole board knows it.
 :D

If it makes you feel better about yourself, I'll be whatever you want me to be.

However you disappointed me by promising to show up and not following through.

I honestly think you are a scared individual who hurts others to feel better about himself. The reality is you are afraid to show who your are to avoid the inner reality check you so desperately need.

Individuals proud of their potential and accomplishments are the first to share and inspire others. I hope you soon come to closure and start feeling better about yourself.

GodSpeed.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2011, 06:54:44 AM »
If it makes you feel better about yourself, I'll be whatever you want me to be.

However you disappointed me by promising to show up and not following through.

I honestly think you are a scared individual who hurts others to feel better about himself. The reality is you are afraid to show who your are to avoid the inner reality check you so desperately need.

Individuals proud of their potential and accomplishments are the first to share and inspire others. I hope you soon come to closure and start feeling better about yourself.

GodSpeed.

thank you for caring enough to post this, my bitch.
b

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2011, 07:04:23 AM »
I did a contest here (Japan).
I was the only guy that has to piss in a cup...

Whole thing was a joke...

Only gaijin in the contest right?
Thunderdome approved