Author Topic: Conditioning > Shape  (Read 2116 times)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Conditioning > Shape
« on: March 05, 2011, 03:24:29 PM »
The stupid is strong today. Let me see if I can help you fucktards out

The bigest oiled up "man" with the best conditioning wins

If the "prettiest" oiled up man with the "most pleasing shape" does not = biggest oiled up man with the best condition, then he does NOT win

Bodybuilding is not about who SHOULD win, HTH

-planbetter
(still winning)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Conditioning > Shape
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »

If the "prettiest" oiled up man with the "most pleasing shape" does not = biggest oiled up man with the best condition, then he does NOT win

-planbetter

(still winning)
I am assuming that you are talking about The Arnold, if so then 4x Arnold Classic winner Flex winner proves you wrong

size, shape and conditioning,
Hell, Flex Wheeler won the 97 Arnold at 224 pound and the Most Muscular Award vs a 280 pound Nasser. And Kevin Levrone won the Most Muscular Award at the 99 Arnold, yet Nasser won.

And let's not forget Dex has won the Arnold as well...and he was far from the biggest, yet had better conditioning and shape...

It's a combo deal...

You reward Branch, then you are setting the standard of stumpy, lumpy physiques with T-Rex arms who happen to be conditioned...

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 04:08:39 PM »
I am assuming that you are talking about The Arnold, if so then 4x Arnold Classic winner Flex winner proves you wrong

size, shape and conditioning,
Hell, Flex Wheeler won the 97 Arnold at 224 pound and the Most Muscular Award vs a 280 pound Nasser. And Kevin Levrone won the Most Muscular Award at the 99 Arnold, yet Nasser won.

And let's not forget Dex has won the Arnold as well...and he was far from the biggest, yet had better conditioning and shape...

It's a combo deal...

You reward Branch, then you are setting the standard of stumpy, lumpy physiques with T-Rex arms who happen to be conditioned...

If the biggest man with the best conditioning happens to have the best shape then yeah, he wins.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 04:19:32 PM »
If the biggest man with the best conditioning happens to have the best shape then yeah, he wins.

Dillett won over Ruhl, and Dillett was out of condition---he called it his "guest posing", he has a great shape, but he didn't deserve to win over Ruhl...no matter how much I think Dillett was a freak, Ruhl was better that night and even Shawn Ray walked out the building because of it.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 07:28:22 PM »

-planbetter
(still winning)

Not being conditioning screams laziness. Arnold HATES Lazy people.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 07:30:11 PM »
I agree , Paco Bautista should be Mr Olympia .

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 07:35:21 PM »
its about who is the most aesthetic. size and conditioning are two of the three biggest factors in aesthetics. structure and shape is the third. its about who has the best aesthetics, and if two guys have equal size and conditioning, then the one with better structure/shape wins. if two guys have equal structure and shape, then who ever is bigger and more conditioned wins.  you have to have a balance of all three. if a dude has more of one than you, you better have more of the others. if a dude has two of them better than you, then you better be blowing him away in the other one.. to the point where the other two factors dont matter. but no matter what all three fasctors come into play and they combine to = aesthetics.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 07:41:47 PM »
its about who is the most aesthetic. size and conditioning are two of the three biggest factors in aesthetics. structure and shape is the third. its about who has the best aesthetics, and if two guys have equal size and conditioning, then the one with better structure/shape wins. if two guys have equal structure and shape, then who ever is bigger and more conditioned wins.  you have to have a balance of all three. if a dude has more of one than you, you better have more of the others. if a dude has two of them better than you, then you better be blowing him away in the other one.. to the point where the other two factors dont matter. but no matter what all three fasctors come into play and they combine to = aesthetics.

Haha are you joking Tbombz?  aesthetics is about structure and shape first ,size and condition have nothing to do with aesthetics

magicuser

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 07:47:31 PM »
height > conditioning > size

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 07:48:55 PM »

Haha are you joking Tbombz?  aesthetics is about structure and shape first ,size and condition have nothing to do with aesthetics

aesthetics is defined as visually pleasing.  size makes a bodybuilder visually appealing. you can have the best shape and sturcture in the world but be far from aesthetic, if you dont have any size. and you can have the best shape and structure in the world with plenty of size too, but if you are fat you wont be anywhere near aesthetic. its about all three. structure is the foundation. size builds shape. conditioning reveals it all. combine the three and you have aesthetics.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »
From Layne Norton's Twitter feed:

"Branch Warren just slipped on a banana skin while exiting the building, torn both quads and his Arnold Trophy is in pieces on the sidewalk"

Update:

"Branch squirming around in agony, in the distance wife Trish rides off into the sunset in Dennis Wolf's Aston Martin"

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 07:50:11 PM »
aesthetics is defined as visually pleasing.  size makes a bodybuilder visually appealing. you can have the best shape and sturcture in the world but be far from aesthetic, if you dont have any size. and you can have the best shape and structure in the world with plenty of size too, but if you are fat you wont be anywhere near aesthetic. its about all three. structure is the foundation. size builds shape. conditioning reveals it all. combine the three and you have aesthetics.
Haha ,you are fucked up.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 07:51:44 PM »
From Layne Norton's Twitter feed:

"Branch Warren just slipped on a banana skin while exiting the building, torn both quads and his Arnold Trophy is in pieces on the sidewalk"

Update:

"Branch squirming around in agony, in the distance wife Trish rides off into the sunset in Dennis Wolf's Aston Martin"
;D

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 07:57:11 PM »

Are you drunk? :D

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 08:28:05 PM »
branch should have been no higher than 6th.

-planbetter
(still winning)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 08:33:27 PM »

-planbetter
(still winning)

Spot on. This has always been the judging criteria, although there have been a few bad decisions over the years.

And structure/shape is taken into consideration, but not at the cost of conditioning, which is why guys like Kovacs and Paco never won big titles.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 08:48:17 PM »
Spot on. This has always been the judging criteria, although there have been a few bad decisions over the years.

And structure/shape is taken into consideration, but not at the cost of conditioning, which is why guys like Kovacs and Paco never won big titles.

wow, you fucking read my mind. If you were your mom I would marry you (no homo).  ;D

Kovacs winning would be considered a black swan event. (no racism)

You know those 4 square charts? Total contitioning, plus lack of shape would be Dorian 04 in the upper left hand corner.

And then...fuck it, a bunch of other dudes all over the chart.   ;D

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 08:54:08 PM »
wow, you fucking read my mind. If you were your mom I would marry you (no homo).  ;D

Kovacs winning would be considered a black swan event. (no racism)

You know those 4 square charts? Total contitioning, plus lack of shape would be Dorian 04 in the upper left hand corner.

And then...fuck it, a bunch of other dudes all over the chart.   ;D

hahaha ;D

magicuser

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 09:46:33 PM »
overdevloped delts quads n block lats without sweep yuck

need to get back to serge arnold look

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 11:52:06 PM »
ok, let me get this screwy logic straight then..

if you are massive, and in great condition, and look ok..then you beat a not so massive, great condition, perfectly pleasing competitor?

or, maybe u are massive, in good condition and look ok, you beat a not so massive, perfectly proportioned, good conditioned competitor?

BB is about perfect proportions..thats what it is derived from- the greek god's ideal of the perfect physical specimen..not the biggest, and not the most conditioned, but the most pleasing. now to be pleasing you DO NOT have to be huge, but you should be conditioned, and have enough muscle to appear well balanced.

Branch Warren is no where near the ideal or anything close to being well proportioned, or pleasing. he is well conditioned, and massive...but the mass is at the expense of aesthetics.

thats why flex wheeler did win , and thats why levrone shouldve won an O..and thats why gaspari never won an O, and its why labrada shouldve won 2 mr.os..and its why nasser never one a mr.o.

its why Jay was lucky to win as many as he has..

the judging is not about BB anymore, since perhaps the late 80s. No one could go past haney, and they got Zane right but messed up arny and franco, but got it right before that. they got yates right once or twice. and they got ronnie right a couple of times.

but most of the rest of the comps they havent got it right at all.

they need to revamp the judging process and apply a weighting to the criteria and decide once and for all what is deemed more important.