Author Topic: Republican presidential nominees  (Read 1521 times)

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Republican presidential nominees
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 01:13:00 AM »
Back in the fall of 2008, Ron Paul stared into the face of credit markets that had completely frozen for the first time in history, and didnt even consider the possibility that we needed TARP. He doesnt even consider the possiblity that we need a central bank. If you are going to punish whoever is not THAT fiscally conservative, youre in for a world of hurt!!!!

And lets get one thing straight. While Bush certainly was not fiscally ideal, his deficits were MANAGABLE. Before the housing bubble popped, deficits were below the 40 year historical average. Conservatrives need to stop kicking themselves in the ass and stop apologizing for Bush. All it does is feed into the Democrat/liberal propoganda machine. This deficit problem is attributable to Obama and ONLY Obama and the Democrats. NOT Bush. Criticizing Bush for his deficits undermines Conservatives and Republicans.

So Obama created the deficit in under 2 years?? Come on

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 03:45:38 AM »
So Obama created the deficit in under 2 years?? Come on

Yes. Why is that so hard to believe? Bush's largest budget deficit was $455 billion in 2008. Obama's smallest budget deficit was $1.3 trillion in 2010. Its true that Bush is responsible for the first 4 months of fiscal year 2009. He passed TARP during that time, which Obama supported. That contributed to the $1.5 trillion deficit in 2009, but TARP was mostly paid back in 2010, which makes Obama's $1.3 trillion budget deficit in 2010 all the more pathetic.

Obama is the one who passed the failed $800 billion stimulus package, which, unlike TARP, will never be repaid. He is responsible for the $400 billion "son of stimulus" omnibus bill. He signed the rediculous and unprecedented 2 year exention of un -employment benefits. Non defense discretionary spending has gone up a wapping 20% under Obama, at a time we can least afford it. Agencies such as the EPA have had thier budgets vastly increased. And before the Republicans current stand against spending, we were on pace for a $1.6 trillion deficit this year. The Democrats tried to pass another $1 trillion worth of spending in the lame duck session last year, but the Tea Party blocked it.  Listen to the news. Listen to Harry Reid bitch and moan about the Repulbicans' proposed spending cuts. The Democrats are not serious at all about cutting spending. They OWN these deficits, regardless of what the USA Today editorial board says.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2011, 05:04:14 AM »
I have no idea if this info is correct so i will give you the benefit of the doubt.

The dem are spending us into bankrupcy no doubt about that.
Were our opinions differ is that you have a lot more confidence in the republican party than i do.

I hope you are right

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 05:08:27 AM »
I have no idea if this info is correct so i will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Were our opinions differ is that you have a lot more confidence in the republican party than i do.

I hope you are right

I blame mostly Pelosi/Reid for this going back to 2007.   Allowing Obama unchecked pwer with those two was just the final straw on the camels' back.   Obama needs to be constantly checked, overseen, watched, and cock blocked.   He is like the spending addicted wife who just cant help herself.  Pelosi and Reid did the the equivalent of giving him free reign with the check book and credit cards.       

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 05:12:06 AM »
How does Pelosi/Reid get elected anyway seems that they are disliked by dem as well as repub

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 09:33:57 AM »
^ Yes the Soviet Union collapsed which is a positive that came from the Reagan administration.  However, containing communism also got us into Korea causing 53,000 U.S. casualties, Vietnam, causing 58,000 casualties for what benefit?  So bankers and the military industrial complex can profit off of these perpetual wars just like they are in Iraq and Afghanistan now as over 5,000 of my generation have already been killed.  I would also argue that we have not defeated communism.  Just look at China, they are still causing millions of deaths in their country yet we don't do anything to stop them since they are our biggest trading partner and own most of our debt.  Why choose to have a cold war with USSR but not China? 

Live free or die

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 11:26:05 PM »

I hope you are right

I think we disagree on how big the difference is between Democrats and Republicans. I would say that the Republicans the past decade were at best mediocre. And actually, my confidence in the Republican leadership in Congress is pretty shaky. I do have a lot of confidence in the Republican freshmen, and I have a lot of confidence in the state Republican politicians like Chris Christie and Scott Walker. But even the GOP leadership is clearly better than Reid and the Democrats. At least they are TRYING to go in the opposite direction, even though it may not be as much in that direction as you and I prefer.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 11:36:05 PM »
Damn - I think I would take a leave of absence from work to volunteer for that. 
::)
We all know you don't have a job, PEA BRAIN. 
!

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2011, 12:42:05 AM »
I think we disagree on how big the difference is between Democrats and Republicans. I would say that the Republicans the past decade were at best mediocre. And actually, my confidence in the Republican leadership in Congress is pretty shaky. I do have a lot of confidence in the Republican freshmen, and I have a lot of confidence in the state Republican politicians like Chris Christie and Scott Walker. But even the GOP leadership is clearly better than Reid and the Democrats. At least they are TRYING to go in the opposite direction, even though it may not be as much in that direction as you and I prefer.

A guy like Christie would be a better choise than ANY dem thats for sure