Author Topic: Herman Cain: "I can beat Obama in 2012" - "Crackers for Cain" !!!!  (Read 44358 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Herman Cain: "I can beat Obama in 2012" - "Crackers for Cain" !!!!
« Reply #350 on: November 01, 2011, 07:03:47 PM »
Sure knows how to pick em. lol

http://guy-woods-run-president-190144140.html

Herman Cain once wanted Tiger Woods to run for president

Years before businessman Herman Cain decided to run for president as a Republican, he suggested an unorthodox pick to run for the White House in 2016: Tiger Woods.

“Tiger will be 40 years old in 2016,” Cain wrote in a 2006 column. “The Republican Party should begin grooming him now for a run at the White House. His personal attributes and accomplishments on the golf course point to a candidate who will be a problem solver, not a politician.” (RELATED: TheDC coverage of Tiger Woods)

The former Godfather’s Pizza CEO and radio host made the comments in a piece, uncovered by Katrina Trinko of National Review, in which he wrote that the “crop of 2008 Republican presidential contenders is about as inspiring as Saturday’s leftovers for Monday’s lunch.”

His column was also, obviously, written before Tiger Woods’ high-profile scandal and extramarital affairs that led him to take a temporary leave from golf.

“Tiger has surely contemplated both his future goals in golf and his next challenges when he retires from the game,” Cain wrote then. “How refreshing to have a political outsider run for president again.”

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #351 on: November 01, 2011, 07:46:35 PM »
GOP Presidential candidate Herman Cain unaware China has nukes

http://shanghaiist.com/2011/11/01/gop_presidential_candidate_herman_c.php

In an interview on PBS's Newshour with Judy Woodruff, GOP Presidential candidate and former Godfather's Pizza CEO Herman Cain was asked whether he views China as a potential military threat to the United States. His response was... surprising to say the least.

JUDY WOODRUFF: Do you view China as a potential military threat to the United States?

HERMAN CAIN: I do view China as a potential military threat to the United States... we already have superiority in terms of our military capability, and I plan to get away from making cutting our defense a priority and make investing in our military capability a priority, going back to my statement: peace through strength and clarity. So yes they're a military threat. They've indicated that they're trying to develop nuclear capability and they want to develop more aircraft carriers like we have. So yes, we have to consider them a military threat.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #352 on: November 02, 2011, 10:51:20 AM »
Cain surges despite scandal (Cain 32% Romney 15%)
Poll Position ^ | 11/2/11 | Eason Jordan

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:25:27 AM by TexasFreeper2009

Our new national poll finds Herman Cain is the breakaway frontrunner for the 2012 Republican nomination despite the fresh disclosure that he faced sexual harassment in the 1990s.

More Republicans and independents than ever say they want Herman Cain to win the Republican nomination.

Our national scientific poll was conducted last night, two days after the Cain controversy erupted and one day after Cain emphatically denied ever committing sexual harassment.

Among Republicans, Cain tops his next closest challenger, Mitt Romney, 33%-18%. They were followed by Newt Gingrich at 17% and Rick Perry at 12%.

Independents favored Cain over Romney 30%-11%, with Ginrich at 9% and Perry at 6%.

Among Republicans and independents combined, Cain garnered 32%, Romney 15%, Gingrich 13%, and Rick Perry 9%.

The poll question: “Who do you want to win the 2012 Republican presidential nomination – Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry, Mitt Romney, or someone else?”

Our national scientific telephone survey was conducted November 1, 2011. We interviewed 1,032 registered voters – 417 Republicans (margin of error +/- 5%) and 343 independents (margin of error +/- 5%). The combined tally of 760 Republicans and independents has a margin of error of +/- 4%.

(Excerpt) Read more at pollposition.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #353 on: November 02, 2011, 11:02:49 AM »
the fact that a candidate doesn't know CHina even has nukes - and repubs choose him over other candidates - shows 1 of 2 things.

Either their standards are so low, they're okay with something that poorly educated,

or the field is SO slim and weak, that they have to settle for Cain.

I have to think, if Jeb and Christie were in the race, it would be Mitt at 3rd and Everyone saying "hermann WHO?"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: November 02, 2011, 12:33:04 PM »
Politico: Iowa yawns at Cain allegations
Politico ^ | 11/01/2011 | By: Reid J. Epstein

MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa — While Herman Cain struggled for a second day in Washington to push back against sexual harassment allegations, the high political drama almost went unmentioned Tuesday in one of the most important courts of public opinion — Iowa.

On the campaign trail, on local conservative talk radio and in conversations among activists, Republicans here have so far greeted the story with a shrug.

The reactions from Cain’s GOP rivals have been muted: His fellow 2012 candidates continue to tread lightly around the report that the likable front-runner reached settlements with two female employees while he was CEO of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s.

In front of the Iowa Association of Independent Baptists conference in a small church, Michele Bachmann from the pulpit offered only an oblique warning against “surprises.”

“This is the year when we can’t settle,” Bachmann said. “This is the year when we can’t have any surprises with our candidate. We have to have a candidate that we can know when we put them into office we can trust them with their record of what they have done and who they are. I have that record. And I have stood and I have stood strong on those issues.”

Rick Santorum told POLITICO the issue didn’t come up in 12 Iowa appearances Monday and Tuesday.

“We all have issues that we have to deal with on the campaign, and Herman’s dealing with the issue here,” Santorum said. “Look, I’m doing town hall meetings in little towns all throughout Iowa, and I’ll be honest about it, no one has asked me about it. I’ve gotten questions on the same issues I’ve gotten questions about before the story.”

Still, Santorum said the report is something Cain must address.

“That’s an issue for Herman, and he’s got to work it out. Having been through the crucible before, it’s not an easy thing to do,” he said. “It’s not my issue, it’s his issue, and he’s got to deal with it.”

For now, Iowa continues to give him the benefit of the doubt.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #355 on: November 02, 2011, 12:48:44 PM »
Sure knows how to pick em. lol

http://guy-woods-run-president-190144140.html

Herman Cain once wanted Tiger Woods to run for president

Years before businessman Herman Cain decided to run for president as a Republican, he suggested an unorthodox pick to run for the White House in 2016: Tiger Woods.

“Tiger will be 40 years old in 2016,” Cain wrote in a 2006 column. “The Republican Party should begin grooming him now for a run at the White House. His personal attributes and accomplishments on the golf course point to a candidate who will be a problem solver, not a politician.” (RELATED: TheDC coverage of Tiger Woods)

The former Godfather’s Pizza CEO and radio host made the comments in a piece, uncovered by Katrina Trinko of National Review, in which he wrote that the “crop of 2008 Republican presidential contenders is about as inspiring as Saturday’s leftovers for Monday’s lunch.”

His column was also, obviously, written before Tiger Woods’ high-profile scandal and extramarital affairs that led him to take a temporary leave from golf.

“Tiger has surely contemplated both his future goals in golf and his next challenges when he retires from the game,” Cain wrote then. “How refreshing to have a political outsider run for president again.”

Nobody knew Tiger was a ho, back then.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #356 on: November 02, 2011, 12:53:52 PM »
Nobody knew Tiger was a ho, back then.

Who cares about that?

What the hell would make anyone think Tiger Woods should be President?

That top tier back 9?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: November 02, 2011, 07:13:49 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Cain
NRO ^ | Nov. 1, 2011 | Andrew McCarthy
Posted on November 2, 2011 10:05:00 PM EDT by fightinJAG

[snip] I can’t understand why our side is giving the Politico/Cain story any sunlight.

I’m not a Cain guy. There is a lot to like about him, and I could easily see myself voting for him against President Obama — which is the same thing I say about several of the GOP candidates, none of whom has won me over yet. But this sorry Politico episode seems to me to have little to do with Cain and everything to do with how content we are to live in the Left’s world.

This controversy is the perfect storm of (a) media hypocrisy: given the bar set by Clinton/Edwards/Ted Kennedy/et al., the worst possible case of what Cain is accused of — if you draw every conceivable negative inference against him — doesn’t come close to being a story, yet the lefty media energetically dig into Cain after having buried the exponentially worse Democrat scandals; (b) the special bull’s-eye fitted on black conservatives: their example of self-reliance and independent thinking makes them such a threat to the “social justice” narrative that, when it comes to destroying them, anything goes; (c) sexual harassment: a social-engineering caprice the arbitrary standards of which can turn routine — not admirable, often unsavory, but entirely unremarkable — human behavior into legal ruin; and (d) the litigious nanny state: with human life hyper-regulated and legal fees hyper-expensive, ordinary human behavior becomes grist for extortionate lawsuits that parties settle on the cheap because the cost of fighting is prohibitive — and later, these parties end up sounding like jackasses if asked about the suits, at least in part because, if you say something strong in your defense, you risk violating the standard reciprocal confidentiality provision and thus reopening the whole expensive, embarrassing business.

(Excerpt) Read more at nationalreview.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: November 02, 2011, 07:30:06 PM »
We just got back home after several days of no power. Catching up on what’s been happening, I can’t understand why our side is giving the Politico/Cain story any sunlight. 

I’m not a Cain guy. There is a lot to like about him, and I could easily see myself voting for him against President Obama — which is the same thing I say about several of the GOP candidates, none of whom has won me over yet. But this sorry Politico episode seems to me to have little to do with Cain and everything to do with how content we are to live in the Left’s world.

This controversy is the perfect storm of (a) media hypocrisy: given the bar set by Clinton/Edwards/Ted Kennedy/et al., the worst possible case of what Cain is accused of — if you draw every conceivable negative inference against him — doesn’t come close to being a story, yet the lefty media energetically dig into Cain after having buried the exponentially worse Democrat scandals; (b) the special bull’s-eye fitted on black conservatives: their example of self-reliance and independent thinking makes them such a threat to the “social justice” narrative that, when it comes to destroying them, anything goes; (c) sexual harassment: a social-engineering caprice the arbitrary standards of which can turn routine — not admirable, often unsavory, but entirely unremarkable — human behavior into legal ruin; and (d) the litigious nanny state: with human life hyper-regulated and legal fees hyper-expensive, ordinary human behavior becomes grist for extortionate lawsuits that parties settle on the cheap because the cost of fighting is prohibitive — and later, these parties end up sounding like jackasses if asked about the suits, at least in part because, if you say something strong in your defense, you risk violating the standard reciprocal confidentiality provision and thus reopening the whole expensive, embarrassing business.  

I’m not sure how conflicting Cain’s statements about this nonsense are, and I frankly don’t care. Cain’s made a number of conflicting statements on matters of substance (e.g., negotiating with terrorists, abortion, the propriety of killing al-Qaeda’s Anwar al-Awlaki, etc.). We’ve got abundant basis to probe how consistent he is, how deep his convictions are, and what all that says about his suitability — just like we ought to be probing conflicting positions taken by other candidates. But on the Politico sensation-out-of-nothing report, the real story is how confident the Left is that it has set the terms of (and the traps in) our public debate. Unfortunately, that confidence seems well placed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: November 02, 2011, 07:41:36 PM »
I’m not sure how conflicting Cain’s statements about this nonsense are, and I frankly don’t care. Cain’s made a number of conflicting statements on matters of substance (e.g., negotiating with terrorists, abortion, the propriety of killing al-Qaeda’s Anwar al-Awlaki, etc.). We’ve got abundant basis to probe how consistent he is, how deep his convictions are, and what all that says about his suitability — just like we ought to be probing conflicting positions taken by other candidates.

I agree, and disagree.

I disagree that cain't repeated lies over the last 2 days aren't important.  

The author is correct, in that cain's other positions and statements are far more important.

I get emotional when some cawksuccker lies to me.  At that point, fck him.  When cain tries to speak to america like we're children, with his silly lies - you just want to spit and elect anyone else except him.  smug, lying, condescending prick.  that's it.  Smug and saying "oh, there is NO NEED" to review any charges, while telling us lies that were caught hours later.  I just hate liars.  Period.  And liars who try to be condescending when they do it, like "oh, how dare you accuse me of lying..."

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: November 02, 2011, 07:43:25 PM »
Who cares about that?

What the hell would make anyone think Tiger Woods should be President?

That top tier back 9?

Exactl. totally stupid.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #361 on: November 03, 2011, 01:48:28 PM »
Polls Show Cain Support Remains High — For Now
Thursday, 03 Nov 2011
By Martin Gould

More ways to share...  Mixx  Stumbled  LinkedIn  Vine  Buzzflash  Reddit  Delicious  Newstrust  Technocrati Share:    More . . . A    A   |    Email Us   |    Print   |    Forward Article 0
inShare inShare0 Herman Cain appears to be surviving the growing scandal that is swirling round him in the light of accusations that he has a history of sexually harassing women.

The first poll since the claims surfaced provided the former pizza mogul’s campaign with its first piece of good news since the weekend.

The Rasmussen survey among likely GOP primary voters in South Carolina gave him a 10-point lead over nearest rival, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney. Three out of four respondents said they knew about the harassment claims, but fewer than one in three believed them.

Twenty caucus goers in Iowa also said they would not change their vote because of the scandal that has overshadowed the Republican presidential race since Sunday.

But that could all change, top pollster Doug Schoen told Newsmax on Thursday. “It’s just too early to tell,” he said.

“We have three women, we don’t know who they are, we don’t know what the specific allegations are and we don’t know the details of the agreements they signed. But right now the indications are that the voters are not letting it affect their views.

“It’s obviously not good for Herman Cain because he has had to spend four days dealing with this instead of talking about his 9-9-9 plan,” added the Democratic pollster. “Who knows if it is a diversion or if it is something more?”

One defining moment which could decide whether the scandal has legs is likely to come on Friday when Cain’s wife Gloria, who has shunned publicity and has not been on the campaign trail, appears on Fox News for an interview with Greta Van Susteren.

Radio host Martha Zoller, who is planning to run as a Republican candidate for Congress in Georgia’s 9th District and is a close friend of the Cains, told the Daily Beast, “He is the big, gregarious personality. She is this tranquility of the campaign.

“She is very supportive, but her one reservation was that she did not want to be in the spotlight. She understands that at some time that may come,” added Zoller.

“Until then, he loves her so much that he's going to protect her. They're crazy about each other.”

The harassment story broke late on Sunday when the website Politico reported that two women had laid formal complaints against Cain in the late 1990s when he was head of the National Restaurant Association, where they both worked. Full details of the allegations are unclear, but it has been reported that one said he had invited her to his hotel room during a convention in Chicago and the other involved an alcohol-soaked lunch in Virginia.

Both women left the association with five-figure pay-offs after signing confidentiality agreements that forbade either side from speaking about what happened. Initially Cain said he knew nothing about any settlement, then he said one was for two or three months salary. Now reports from Politico and the New York Times put them at $45,000 and $35,000 respectively.

A third employee told the Associated Press on Wednesday that she had considered laying a complaint after Cain invited her up to his corporate apartment in Washington, D.C., but decided against it.

The issue was further complicated when syndicated radio host Steve Deace claimed that Cain – whom he labeled “morally inconsistent" – had made inappropriate comments to two members of his staff during a visit to his studios in Des Moines, Iowa.

Deace said that Cain, who has been married for 43 years, is “compromised in his private life.”

Deace gave an impromptu press conference outside his studio on Wednesday evening while two female staffers were hustled away from reporters by security guards. The host would not say when the incident occurred, however it is known that Deace interviewed Cain in Des Moines on January 14.

None of the names of the women that Cain is alleged to have pestered have so far been revealed. The Chicago hotel woman is known to work for the federal government as a spokeswoman for several agencies. She is married to a registered Washington lobbyist and lives in Maryland.

Her lawyer, Joel Bennett said he will approach restaurant association to ask it to allow his client to speak, as, he says, Cain has broken the agreement by commenting. But even so, he said she only wants to make a written statement rather than come forward publicly.

Cain rose to the top of the polls for the Republican nomination for the White House in October after a series of flubs from Texas Gov. Rick Perry knocked him out of the top tier, and so far he seems to be maintaining his position as the favorite among those who do not want to see Romney as the party’s choice to run against Barack Obama next November.

George W. Bush’s former senior adviser Karl Rove told Fox News it is normal for an under-fire candidate to hold steady in the first few days of a scandal. “There’s a rally-around-the-candidate phenomenon that goes on,” he said.

But Rove said that Cain’s inability to get his story straight could end up as the most damaging aspect of the whole saga.

“First this was a smear, then he didn’t know anything about it, then he knew about something involving one person, and now it turns out to be about two, and now we got a third person coming forward – and actually we have another person coming forward in the form of an assistant to a very popular radio show host in Iowa who, apparently, something mysterious and unpleasant, inappropriate, went on.”

Rove pointed out that Cain’s camp knew the allegations were likely to be revealed for 10 days. “What you do in crisis communications is you sit down and say, ‘Okay. What do we know? Let’s get the lawyers in the room. Let’s figure out what the facts are. How are we going to respond to this if it surfaces?’ And you get all of the facts and all of the story ready at the beginning.

“The worst thing is to have a shifting story which is what we saw here.”

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Cain-harassment-charges-support/2011/11/03/id/416736

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: November 03, 2011, 02:37:49 PM »
the story is only a few days old.

let's see where he's at after a few weeks.

if it's a smear - which it could be - that's no explanation for cain lying his ass off.

And the ease and smugness that he used to lie - like he was personally offended that anyone would question him.

No apology for misleading us either - it was "oh, I just jogged my memory and suddenly I recall a lot more conversations in great detail."

A smug, fcking liar.  screw that.  Keep your ass out of the race.  Bring in newt and ron paul please.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: November 03, 2011, 02:41:18 PM »
Good for him.   :)

Defiant Cain raises big money from harassment story
By Daniel Malloy
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

WASHINGTON -- Perhaps there really is no such thing as bad publicity.

On the day presidential candidate Herman Cain faced a barrage of questions about sexual harassment allegations leveled against him in the 1990s and his shifting responses drew criticism, his campaign received a significant financial lift.

Campaign officials said they experienced the most lucrative 24-hour stretch of the campaign as the scandal swirled, bringing in $400,000 in online and phone donations. The one-day take was more than the campaign's monthly average for donations.

"Supporters are fired up and are rallying around Mr. Cain," the campaign wrote in a news release.

. . . .

http://www.ajc.com/news/defiant-cain-raises-big-1215021.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: November 08, 2011, 07:49:17 PM »
Clint Eastwood talks politics: Who's the Democrat he voted for? (Read the Article...He's a Cain Fan)
LA Times ^ | 8 November 2011 | Patrick Goldstein
Posted on November 8, 2011 10:46:35 PM EST by buccaneer81

When it comes to the current crop of Republican presidential candidates, if Eastwood is enthusiastic about anyone, it’s Herman Cain. “I love Cain’s story,” he says. “He’s a guy who came from nowhere and did well, obviously against heavy odds. He’s a doer and a straight-talker, which I don’t see enough of from either party.”

(Excerpt) Read more at latimesblogs.latimes.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: November 10, 2011, 01:07:33 PM »
Herman Cain Announces HUGE Fundraising Numbers
Business Insider ^ | 11/10/11 | Zeke Miller

Presidential candidate Herman Cain is “in it to win it,” according to newly released financial numbers. The Herman Cain Campaign reports receiving over $9 million of financial support from Cain backers since October 1st. Twenty-five percent of these newly received contributions have come in the last ten days.

The generosity of Mr. Cain’s followers has more than doubled in the past five weeks, compared to the financial gifts received in the previous two quarters combined. According to the campaign’s third quarter FEC filing, Mr. Cain’s campaign received $4.7 million from May through September 30th. The campaign has received a total of $14.1 million in financial support since the start of the campaign.

(Excerpt) Read more at businessinsider.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: November 10, 2011, 01:20:59 PM »
everyone gets their 1 big quarter when they're the flavor of the quarter.

this will be his.  enjoy it.  if you think this kind of $ will come next quarter, you're off your rocker.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: November 10, 2011, 01:52:12 PM »
Sowell: The Real Scandal
gopusa.com ^ | November 10, 2011 | Thomas Sowell

The real scandal in the accusations against Herman Cain is the corruption of the law, the media and politics.

Let's start with the law. Some people may think the fact that the National Restaurant Association reportedly paid $45,000 to settle a claim made by one of its employees against Mr. Cain is incriminating.

Most of us are not going to part with 45 grand without some serious reason. But that is very different from the situation of an organization in the present legal climate.

The figure $45,000 struck a chord with me because, some years ago, my wife -- who is an attorney -- was fervently congratulated when her client had to pay "only" $45,000 in a jury award when the plaintiff was demanding a million dollars, in a case that was as frivolous a lawsuit as you could find.

The person who was suing was a drunk driver, whose car went out of control and slammed into a tree. After the sheriff's deputies arrested her, she sued them on dubious charges, and the sheriff's department was glad it had to pay "only" $45,000.

The department was painfully aware of the uncertainty about what ruinous costs a jury might impose on the deputies.

The real scandal goes far beyond the case of Herman Cain and his accusers. The real scandal is that the law allows people to impose heavy costs on others at little or no cost to themselves. That is a perfect setting for legalized extortion.

The fact that neither judges nor juries always stick to the letter of the law means that people who have zero basis for a lawsuit, under the law as written, can still create enough uncertainty to extract money from people who cannot afford the risk of going to trial.

As for a $45,000 settlement, that is what an organization would pay to settle a nuisance lawsuit -- if they are lucky.

If we had a legal system where judges threw frivolous cases out of court, instead of letting them go to trial, that would put a damper on legalized extortion.

If those who bring charges that do not stand up in court had to pay the other party for their legal fees -- and should have to pay for their time as well -- these games could not go on.

It turns out that the women making televised charges against Herman Cain have past histories that do not inspire confidence, including in at least one case a history of making similar complaints against others.

Another woman who has come forward tells of Herman Cain asking her, at some conference, to see if she could locate some woman in the audience who had asked him a question, so that he could take her to dinner. This apparently struck her as suspicious.

This too reminded me of something I knew about personally. Many years ago, I was at a conference where a woman made some very insightful comments, and I took her to lunch to continue the discussion.

It so happens she was a nun. Contrary to cynics, there is more than one reason for a man to take a woman to lunch or dinner.

The same mainstream media whose responses to proven charges against Bill Clinton was, "Let's move on," is not about to move on from unproven charges against Herman Cain.

What role does race play in all this?

It is probably not racism, as such, that motivates these attacks on Herman Cain. The motivation is far more likely to be politics, but politics makes a prominent black conservative like Clarence Thomas or Herman Cain far more dangerous to the Democrats than an equally prominent white conservative.

The 90 percent black vote for Democrats is like money in the bank on election day. A prominent black conservative who offers an alternative view of the world is a serious danger politically, because if that alternative view has the net effect of reducing the black vote for Democrats just to 75 percent, the Democrats are in big trouble at election time.

In this political context, merely defeating a black conservative at the polls or at confirmation hearings is not enough. He must be destroyed as an influence in the future -- and character assassination is the most obvious way to do it.

---

Thomas Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305. His website is www.tsowell.com.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: November 10, 2011, 04:17:31 PM »
Herman Cain Announces HUGE Fundraising Numbers
Business Insider ^ | 11/10/11 | Zeke Miller

Presidential candidate Herman Cain is “in it to win it,” according to newly released financial numbers. The Herman Cain Campaign reports receiving over $9 million of financial support from Cain backers since October 1st. Twenty-five percent of these newly received contributions have come in the last ten days.

The generosity of Mr. Cain’s followers has more than doubled in the past five weeks, compared to the financial gifts received in the previous two quarters combined. According to the campaign’s third quarter FEC filing, Mr. Cain’s campaign received $4.7 million from May through September 30th. The campaign has received a total of $14.1 million in financial support since the start of the campaign.

(Excerpt) Read more at businessinsider.com ...

Good for him.  Glad people are seeing through the witch hunt.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: November 10, 2011, 04:19:06 PM »

The real scandal in the accusations against Herman Cain is the corruption of the law, the media and politics.

Let's start with the law. Some people may think the fact that the National Restaurant Association reportedly paid $45,000 to settle a claim made by one of its employees against Mr. Cain is incriminating.

Most of us are not going to part with 45 grand without some serious reason. But that is very different from the situation of an organization in the present legal climate.

The figure $45,000 struck a chord with me because, some years ago, my wife -- who is an attorney -- was fervently congratulated when her client had to pay "only" $45,000 in a jury award when the plaintiff was demanding a million dollars, in a case that was as frivolous a lawsuit as you could find.

The person who was suing was a drunk driver, whose car went out of control and slammed into a tree. After the sheriff's deputies arrested her, she sued them on dubious charges, and the sheriff's department was glad it had to pay "only" $45,000.

The department was painfully aware of the uncertainty about what ruinous costs a jury might impose on the deputies.

The real scandal goes far beyond the case of Herman Cain and his accusers. The real scandal is that the law allows people to impose heavy costs on others at little or no cost to themselves. That is a perfect setting for legalized extortion.

The fact that neither judges nor juries always stick to the letter of the law means that people who have zero basis for a lawsuit, under the law as written, can still create enough uncertainty to extract money from people who cannot afford the risk of going to trial.

As for a $45,000 settlement, that is what an organization would pay to settle a nuisance lawsuit -- if they are lucky.

If we had a legal system where judges threw frivolous cases out of court, instead of letting them go to trial, that would put a damper on legalized extortion.

If those who bring charges that do not stand up in court had to pay the other party for their legal fees -- and should have to pay for their time as well -- these games could not go on.

It turns out that the women making televised charges against Herman Cain have past histories that do not inspire confidence, including in at least one case a history of making similar complaints against others.

Another woman who has come forward tells of Herman Cain asking her, at some conference, to see if she could locate some woman in the audience who had asked him a question, so that he could take her to dinner. This apparently struck her as suspicious.

This too reminded me of something I knew about personally. Many years ago, I was at a conference where a woman made some very insightful comments, and I took her to lunch to continue the discussion.

It so happens she was a nun. Contrary to cynics, there is more than one reason for a man to take a woman to lunch or dinner.

The same mainstream media whose responses to proven charges against Bill Clinton was, "Let's move on," is not about to move on from unproven charges against Herman Cain.

It is probably not racism, as such, that motivates these attacks on Herman Cain. The motivation is far more likely to be politics, but politics makes a prominent black conservative like Clarence Thomas or Herman Cain far more dangerous to the Democrats than an equally prominent white conservative.

The 90 percent black vote for Democrats is like money in the bank on election day. A prominent black conservative who offers an alternative view of the world is a serious danger politically, because if that alternative view has the net effect of reducing the black vote for Democrats just to 75 percent, the Democrats are in big trouble at election time.

In this political context, merely defeating a black conservative at the polls or at confirmation hearings is not enough. He must be destroyed as an influence in the future -- and character assassination is the most obvious way to do it.

---

Thomas Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305. His website is www.tsowell.com.

Great commentary. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #371 on: November 11, 2011, 07:03:17 PM »

---

As I posted elsewhere, the average cost for fighting a harassment suit in the late 90s was $250,000. Back then, 2 of every three harassment cases went to the plaintiffs, with an average award of $300,000.

SOOOOOO, the question is, why did Krausshaar settle for a mere $46,000 with a 67% chance of getting $300,000 or more, assuming of course that the $46,000 was indeed a sexual harassment settlement and not severance pay, as Cain suggested?

(Hint: Ask Sharon Bialek about her legal cases)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: November 11, 2011, 07:08:07 PM »
This story looks to be making Cain stronger.    savage is now solidly behind Cain. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #373 on: November 11, 2011, 07:10:47 PM »
This story looks to be making Cain stronger.    savage is now solidly behind Cain. 

Cain is raising much more money. But Newt is coming up and Cain has dropped a bit in the polls (though he still leads in several of them).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: November 11, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »
Cain is raising much more money. But Newt is coming up and Cain has dropped a bit in the polls (though he still leads in several of them).

newt is a verbal machine gun.   The good thing about newts rise is that it seems at the expense of perry and Ron ey.