Author Topic: Are you a "Closet" wrestling fan?  (Read 6669 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Are you a "Closet" wrestling fan?
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 11:55:19 AM »

Did it honestly look to you as if Hogan cinched up?
He didn't seem to even straighten up much or lean back at all once the hold was hooked.
Also, I didn't see the muscles in his brachial region tense - which they would contract under the slightest bit of any kind/amount of pressure.

Yes, the move was akin to a rear naked choke, but applied from the front. Hulk wrapped his arm under Belzer's chin and grabbed Belzer's far shoulder. So, Hulk's right bicep and forearm were was cutting off the blood to Belzer's Corotoid on both sides. When Hulk leaned back, he pushed Belzer's head and neck deeper into the choke: the angle created between Hulk's bicep and forearm. It has the same effect as pushing someone's head down when they're in a rear naked choke, or extending your hips when someone is in a triangle choke.

Notwithstanding Hogan's applied pressure, and given your experience, do you believe it was possible for Belzer to pass out the way he did in 6-seconds?
Conversely, is it normal for guys to come back to that quickly?

I'd like to know, because I've always wondered about the legitimacy of this incident.

The timing was exactly right. When someone who knows how to apply a choke puts it on you, you're immediately tapping out. After 6-7 seconds, you're out cold. As far as coming to, it depends on when the choker releases the hold. Hogan did so almost immediately after Belzer went out. Under that scenario, the person usually comes to in about 10-15 seconds. 

I can't say 100% that is was real, but I would bet it was.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 12:00:54 PM »
Yes, the move was akin to a rear naked choke, but applied from the front. Hulk wrapped his arm under Belzer's chin and grabbed Belzer's far shoulder. So, Hulk's right bicep and forearm were was cutting off the blood to Belzer's Corotoid on both sides. When Hulk leaned back, he pushed Belzer's head and neck deeper into the choke: the angle created between Hulk's bicep and forearm. It has the same effect as pushing someone's head down when they're in a rear naked choke, or extending your hips when someone is in a triangle choke.

The timing was exactly right. When someone who knows how to apply a choke puts it on you, you're immediately tapping out. After 6-7 seconds, you're out cold. As far as coming to, it depends on when the choker releases the hold. Hogan did so almost immediately after Belzer went out. Under that scenario, the person usually comes to in about 10-15 seconds. 

I can't say 100% that is was real, but I would bet it was.

I guess that's about as close as any of us can come.
Hogan was stupid for choosing that particular hold.
He should have gone with something that was easier to fake and had less serious accidental consequences.

Maybe he wanted to give Belzer a "taste" of how "real" pro-wrasslin' is.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 12:09:53 PM »
Well, the court papers don't lie and the lawsuit was very real so I believe it.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 12:11:19 PM »

I guess that's about as close as any of us can come.
Hogan was stupid for choosing that particular hold.
He should have gone with something that was easier to fake and had less serious accidental consequences.

Maybe he wanted to give Belzer a "taste" of how "real" pro-wrasslin' is.

What was stupid was letting Belzer just drop. Hitting the back of your head on a hard surface can have serious and even fatal consequences, Natasha Richardson being a recent example. Hogan could've put Belzer down gently and let him come to, but, if I remember correctly, Hogan said Belzer was acting cocky and being disrespectful with the "wrestling is fake" stuff. So, Hogan was in "teach him a lesson" mode.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 12:23:27 PM »
Well, the court papers don't lie and the lawsuit was very real so I believe it.

Yeah, but the same court system also found O.J. innocent. >:(
People are gullible.

What was stupid was letting Belzer just drop. Hitting the back of your head on a hard surface can have serious and even fatal consequences, Natasha Richardson being a recent example. Hogan could've put Belzer down gently and let him come to, but, if I remember correctly, Hogan said Belzer was acting cocky and being disrespectful with the "wrestling is fake" stuff. So, Hogan was in "teach him a lesson" mode.

Safe bet.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 12:55:20 PM »
Yeah, but the same court system also found O.J. innocent. >:(
People are gullible.

Safe bet.

OJ didn't do it. It was Kato.  ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 12:58:02 PM »
OJ didn't do it. It was Kato.  ;)

Ha-ha!!
He's such an attention whore, it actually wouldn't surprise me!
 ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »
Kato framed him. The glove never fit OJ in court and Kato was living in the house at the time.  ;)