Author Topic: Sheamus makes Muscle & Fitness cover  (Read 9071 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Sheamus makes Muscle & Fitness cover
« on: March 16, 2011, 05:05:51 AM »

The tradition continues, Celtic Warrior style.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Sheamus makes Muscle & Fitness cover
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 09:12:05 AM »
he looka like a big jar of mayonaise.
F

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 11:40:46 AM »
Who is this clown ?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 11:55:50 AM »
Is that Nate Dogg?

rayrod

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 11:58:19 AM »
Say it with me ~ sunlight

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 12:01:14 PM »
Is that James Hetfield on a bad hair day ?

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 12:05:11 PM »
This dude is weird looking

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 12:08:23 PM »
Is this the ginger who is a raging alcoholic?

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 05:21:22 PM »
This relationship that M&F seems to have with WWE really bums me out.  Fake rasslin' is corny.  Bodybuilders already have an image problem, we don't need this shit. 

And get that dude some Pro Tan!!!
Come at me Bro!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 05:22:26 PM »
I misread the thread title and thought it said "Shemale makes Muscle & Fitness cover"

damn blurred vision

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 06:27:42 PM »
Gingers are the chosen people! The chosen race! And we must view the rest of the world as the lowlife, dark-skinned rats that they are!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 07:55:42 PM »
This relationship that M&F seems to have with WWE really bums me out.  Fake rasslin' is corny.  Bodybuilders already have an image problem, we don't need this shit. 

How does having a WWE wrestler on the cover of M&F hurt bodybuilding's image. Wrestlers have more "mainstream" appeal than bodybuilders do. That's because, to the average Joe, they actually do something with their muscles besides just flex.

On another note, all the Pro Tan on Earth won't help Sheamus.
 ;D ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 08:32:59 PM »
How does having a WWE wrestler on the cover of M&F hurt bodybuilding's image. Wrestlers have more "mainstream" appeal than bodybuilders do. That's because, to the average Joe, they actually do something with their muscles besides just flex.

;D ;D

if he actually tanned on top of the sun he would still be white.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 08:37:37 PM »
JAMES!!!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 08:38:45 PM »
still waiting on a shemale pic

.....nevermind

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 09:40:27 PM »

;D ;D

The difference is those guys are real athletes. Bodybuilders just call themselves athletes.

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 05:54:46 AM »

;D ;D

With all due respect, the average Joe is an idiot.  It's not about WWE having mainstream appeal, it's about bdybuilding finding a way to be taken seriously.  I think having these clowns on the magazine covers trivializes the sport and takes it even further in the wrong direction than it already is.  I think that the bodybuilding/fitness industy needs to be very carefull about it's image and the messages that it is sending to people.  Just because fake rasslin' has a mainstream audience doesn't mean that it's a good idea to hitch our wagon to it. 

On the plus side I thumbed through the mag tonight and there are some nice pictures of Marzia Prine in there.  Giggity.
Come at me Bro!

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 08:16:16 AM »
this wwe dude should get the cover...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 08:43:01 AM »
With all due respect, the average Joe is an idiot.  It's not about WWE having mainstream appeal, it's about bdybuilding finding a way to be taken seriously.  I think having these clowns on the magazine covers trivializes the sport and takes it even further in the wrong direction than it already is.  I think that the bodybuilding/fitness industy needs to be very carefull about it's image and the messages that it is sending to people.  Just because fake rasslin' has a mainstream audience doesn't mean that it's a good idea to hitch our wagon to it. 

On the plus side I thumbed through the mag tonight and there are some nice pictures of Marzia Prine in there.  Giggity.

This may come as a shock to you. But people think EVEN WORSE about bodybuilders than they do about wrestlers. Again, one of the reasons for it is that the perception that bodybuilders DO NOTHING with their muscles, besides flex them. The image of bodybuilding is that its participants are mindless, steroid-using meatheads with muscles that are all show and no go.

Plus, Muscle & Fitness features muscular people from all walks of life to put on their covers. Wrestlers are no exception.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 10:16:38 AM »

Blame HHH.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 10:18:07 AM »
if he actually tanned on top of the sun he would still be white.

This Sheamus guy couldn't get a tan if they threw him into one of those Japanese nuclear reactors that are melting down

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 03:20:31 PM »
This may come as a shock to you. But people think EVEN WORSE about bodybuilders than they do about wrestlers. Again, one of the reasons for it is that the perception that bodybuilders DO NOTHING with their muscles, besides flex them. The image of bodybuilding is that its participants are mindless, steroid-using meatheads with muscles that are all show and no go.

Plus, Muscle & Fitness features muscular people from all walks of life to put on their covers. Wrestlers are no exception.

I understood this argument the first time you typed it and if you recall and I already mentioned that bodybuilders have a bad image.  In my opinion, if that image is going to change we need to stop buddying up with pro wrestling.  That stuff is for children and the simple minded. 
Come at me Bro!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 03:37:21 PM »

Not gonna happen in this lifetime.  Showing off your body to an audience of cheering men by day and posing for musclegallery at night (or private posing) is not a path to be taken seriously.  Muscle & Fitness is doing itself a favor by featuring built guys from other sports or walks of life. 

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 03:45:50 PM »
  Muscle & Fitness is doing itself a favor by featuring built guys from other sports or walks of life. 

still waiting for the MF cover with Kevin Perierra on it

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 03:49:51 PM »
exactly and who says Muscle and Fitness is a pure bodybuilding mag anyway? It's got fitness in the title for a start
Not gonna happen in this lifetime.  Showing off your body to an audience of cheering men by day and posing for musclegallery at night (or private posing) is not a path to be taken seriously.  Muscle & Fitness is doing itself a favor by featuring built guys from other sports or walks of life.