Author Topic: P90X Workout  (Read 7464 times)

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
P90X Workout
« on: March 24, 2011, 09:33:51 AM »
I just started this workout a couple weeks ago and most say it is really challenging. The weights are the easy part the yoga and the jump trainning are what really kicks your ass.I have also found that I have no flexibility at all so I am struggling with that part of the program, I guess all those years of just going right to trainning after two warm up sets without stretching has not helped me.

Is anybody else doing P90X ?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
Re: P90X
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 09:34:06 AM »

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 09:37:51 AM »

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 09:42:30 AM »
i have nothing against chaniging the way you train especially if it is something that challenges you

I do, however, take huge umbrage with the "P90x" people trying to take credit for kinda inventing this type of training

the exercises they show in that program are the same calesthetics my uncles did in the Navy back in the 40's

....and Yes- I know that it is gay that my uncles were in the Navy

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 09:48:14 AM »
i have nothing against chaniging the way you train especially if it is something that challenges you

I do, however, take huge umbrage with the "P90x" people trying to take credit for kinda inventing this type of training

the exercises they show in that program are the same calesthetics my uncles did in the Navy back in the 40's

True i was a marine and the training is fast and very athletic px90 will get you results if you want a smaller build also good for burning fat...
and no its not gay to be in the navy people are gay not if you served your country..or any part of the armed forces
p

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 09:52:28 AM »
yea i just bought that program for my grandparents they said its ok 

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 09:55:57 AM »

it is really a bunch of old weider principles that they are using,nothing new just putting a bunch of them together and introducung them like it is something new which it isnt it has been around since Arnold competed

I just look at it as a way to rip up before summer hits

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 09:57:22 AM »
lol,

whatever tough guy ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 10:04:11 AM »
I just started this workout acouple weeks ago and most say it is really challenging.The weights are the easy part the yoga and the jump trainning are what really kicks your ass.I have also found that I have no flexibility at all so I am struggling with that part of the program,I guess all those years of just going right to trainning after two warm up sets without stretching has not helped me.
   Is anybody else doing P90X ?

Dude's made a shit load on making people believe that "muscle confusion" really exists. But if the program works, it works.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 10:09:12 AM »
I did try it, shit is pretty tough, had to pause it many times to catch my breath.. definitely an endurance kinda workout, not sure how much true strength you get at the end of the program as in how much your bench, squat, and deadlift will increase after you finish the 3month program

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 10:37:43 AM »

Thats true , but-->

Beachbody "packaged"  + all the "cult following" it generated through the social support on youtube , etc,

Beachbody made about $500 million off it.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 10:55:44 AM »
Dude's made a shit load on making people believe that "muscle confusion" really exists. But if the program works, it works.
Here here, agreed.  Did the same routine straight for a year, made ample gains.  The whole "shocking" the muscle, it a bit silly.  I've trained both ways, same results.  It's in the diet, or drug regiment for many.
N

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 10:56:03 AM »
;D

Hey Tom..... do you flex your 14'' arms while your brushing your teeth like that bruce lee looking twink does on those gay commercials?

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 11:00:50 AM »
it isnt going to do much as far as bench or dead lift,

you workout way to often to gain alot of strenght you only rest one day a week

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 11:06:02 AM »
;D

Hey Tom..... do you flex your 14'' arms while your brushing your teeth like that bruce lee looking twink does on those gay commercials?
yeah sometimes,

whats your excuse ?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 11:06:19 AM »
look at all the "i don't want to lose 10 lbs off my max bench just to reduce my waistline by 10 inches " assholes.

tomslut, do what works for you and keeps you coming back.
Deep Tissue Massage

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »
yeah sometimes,

whats your excuse ?
Hey man I'm not knocking it...... I was just curious.

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 11:18:42 AM »
look at all the "i don't want to lose 10 lbs off my max bench just to reduce my waistline by 10 inches " assholes.

tomslut, do what works for you and keeps you coming back.
thats what I am saying

I have always been that way refusing to lose size to get ripped

but honestly it aint f$#king easy and I think when I do go back to my normal workouts after 90 days I will be glad and build muscle you can see off a lean frame instead of a semi fat one with big arms and shoulders

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: P90X Workout
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »
P90X, great for those who "don't want to get too big", but lean up.
I always like these guys.  Afraid their EXPLOSIVE genetics will rip their shirts, if they lift too hard.
"I want to start going to a gym, but don't want to be as big as you."
Reply, "Don't worry, with your genes, you have nothing to worry about." ;D
N

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »
I usually do some P90X before I get into my gracie jiu jitsu workouts. It's brutal. I get done and post my results on facebook. I get a lot of positive feedback. P90X is the real deal. I went from 15 inch arms at 10% bodyfat to 8% with 16 inch arms.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »
I usually do some P90X before I get into my gracie jiu jitsu workouts. It's brutal. I get done and post my results on facebook. I get a lot of positive feedback. P90X is the real deal. I went from 15 inch arms at 10% bodyfat to 8% with 16 inch arms.

How many pairs of DB's did you buy for home?

A major problem w/ PX90 is that if you live in an upper level floor of a condo/apt you can't do all the jumpping around shit.

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 11:29:39 AM »
I've got about 200 pounds of dumbells. My grandma yells at me because the foundation of the second floor is a little wore out and i make a lot of racket, but it just feels more hardcore when the floor is shaking. I might actually bring the house down one day.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 11:29:46 AM »
It's for ladymen imho.

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 11:30:02 AM »
P90X, great for those who "don't want to get too big", but lean up.
I always like these guys.  Afraid their EXPLOSIVE genetics will rip their shirts, if they lift too hard.
"I want to start going to a gym, but don't want to be as big as you."
Reply, "Don't worry, with your genes, you have nothing to worry about." ;D
I am already big,I weight 250 right now

I havent done a body fat test in awhile but if I had to guess it would probably be somewhere between 25 to 30 percent(too high)

even though I have been trainning 3 to 4 times a week like normal ,my leanness and diet have suffered and turning 40 probably hasnt helped much either(not that I am making any excuses )
sometimes you have to do something radical to snap yourself out of a slump you are in

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 11:34:16 AM »
I think P90X helped me in my transition from being a hardcore bodybuilder pushing super heavy weights, to training to be a cage fighter doing intense cardio. I like to go into the championship rounds, 5 - 5 minute rounds just raging with the intensity of a pitbull.