Author Topic: P90X Workout  (Read 7482 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: P90X Workout
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 11:38:58 AM »
I am already big,I weight 250 right now

I havent done a body fat test in awhile but if I had to guess it would probably be somewhere between 25 to 30 percent(too high)

even though I have been trainning 3 to 4 times a week like normal ,my leanness and diet have suffered and turning 40 probably hasnt helped much either(not that I am making any excuses )
sometimes you have to do something radical to snap yourself out of a slump you are in

One thing I've noticed about this program is that it's not for big, overweight individuals (I'm not saying about you but you do fit the "big" description). Look at all the ads, the commercials, etc. These people were really not that overweight to begin with, I would but them almost in the category of "skinny/fat". Looking at the exercises, plyo's for example, you would never have an obese person do these. Look, it's a legit program from what I can see, but it's not for everyone, not for the obese, not for people with heart disease and definitely not for people with bad joints!  

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 11:40:16 AM »
I love p90x it's gotten me into amazing shape while losing some of the bulk I was carrying, definetly helped
mobility that I lost over the years with the hardcore stretching and core routines.

Totally worth it.

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 11:40:23 AM »
How many pairs of DB's did you buy for home?

A major problem w/ PX90 is that if you live in an upper level floor of a condo/apt you can't do all the jumpping around shit.
I bought 160 lbs of weight ,a weight rack,two sets of dumbells,and a set of 9lb dumbell for 140 dollars off a guy on Craigs list

hell of a deal you cant buy one set of 50 pound dumbells on ebay for that money

and yes I am on a second floor and worry about all the jumping too, that is one of the most intense workouts  he says to land softly but at 250 that is easier said then done especially when you are tired

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 11:46:05 AM »
One thing I've noticed about this program is that it's not for big, overweight individuals (I'm not saying about you but you do fit the "big" description). Look at all the ads, the commercials, etc. These people were really not that overweight to begin with, I would but them almost in the category of "skinny/fat". Looking at the exercises, plyo's for example, you would never have an obese person do these. Look, it's a legit program from what I can see, but it's not for everyone, not for the obese, not for people with heart disease and definitely not for people with bad joints!  
I am having problems with some of the yoga,

believe it or not the yoga is one of the most intense cds out of all of them and there are moves I just dont have the flexibility to do right now but I am hoping it will get better the more I stretch and the leaner I get

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 11:48:02 AM »
what is wrong with you queers that say this is for ladymen, etc?

most douches who call p90x are the ones who applaud adonis who says he got ripped on eating cardboard and cupcakes.

it's high intensity plyometrics combined with weightlifting, it's not some scam that you strap on your belly.  so it's gay if you follow some guy on a dvd doing it, but putting on a bandana and an oversized sweatshirt and going to the gym in your zoobas to hang out with the bros is somehow manly?

Deep Tissue Massage

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 12:05:44 PM »
LMFAO! @ 99Bananas post ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 12:09:07 PM »
Tomcat, I do believe it, I tried the Bickram Yoga a couple times It was tough. Flame on people!

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 12:12:34 PM »
Yoga is sum rough shit.

If you wanna get lean and in shape then there's nothing wrong with it.

You should do a before and after journal thread on the training board.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 12:25:47 PM »
Yoga is sum rough shit.

Waiting on CalvinH's comments.  ;D

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2011, 12:32:06 PM »
Waiting on CalvinH's comments.  ;D

LOL! He's still in a frenzy on what cheat meal he'll have for dinner ::)

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 08:26:29 PM »
Yoga is sum rough shit.

I will probably do that I am 2 weeks in so far,

yoga is an hour and a half long the rest of the workouts are only an hour

I am hoping next week I will be more ready to deal with it then I was this week

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2011, 08:33:14 PM »
I think P90X helped me in my transition from being a hardcore bodybuilder pushing super heavy weights, to training to be a cage fighter doing intense cardio. I like to go into the championship rounds, 5 - 5 minute rounds just raging with the intensity of a pitbull.

;D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2011, 08:51:30 PM »
i borrowed a friend's p90x discs. It was nothing special. you can get better results circuit training.
A