Author Topic: Can Christians be possessed by demons/Satan?  (Read 1119 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Can Christians be possessed by demons/Satan?
« on: March 24, 2011, 12:38:28 PM »
Eph 1:13-14:
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Eph 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Interesting commentary on the Greek word for seal from Beth Moore (from To Live is Christ):

The original Greek word for seal is sphragizo meaning "to seal, close up and make fast w/a seal signet such as letters or books so that they may not be read; generally to seal...for the sake of security."

R

Reeves

• Getbig IV
Re: Can Christians be possessed by demons/Satan?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 05:45:20 PM »
And the answer is..."No!".

There really is no need for me to explain why as it is more than apparent to anyone with even a modicum of knowledge on Christianity, but for the benefit of those residing in Rio Linda, California here goes:

1)  You cannot truly serve two masters.

2)  A dwelling such as this cannot be occupied by more than one tenant.  Even were there an attempt to usurp the authority of said tenant, it is doubtless that the stronger one shall prevail and that being the Holy Spirit.  This is more than evidenced by the fact (if we are to believe the New Testament) that Christ and his Apostles threw out demons, but demons never overcame them.

3)  Further evidence is given in the parable on what happens when a demon is removed from a person and later returns to find his former "house" clean and empty.  Unoccupied.  He not only moves back in but also subleases to other demons.  What does this say to those that have ears to listen?  The house may well be clean, but if unoccupied by faith in God and as such filled with the Spirit, then it is truly empty and void of that which is good and life fulfilling. There is nothing to prevent evil from taking up residence again. 

Evil invites evil, but that which is good and righteous repels that which is wrong.  Fill your house with the Holy Spirit and when wrong comes knocking the door will be answered but the visitor will be turned away.

I suck at this stuff, but I asked my friend about such matters a long time ago and this is pretty much what he said, albeit paraphrased from memory. 

Oh and just because I can...Fuck islam. ;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Can Christians be possessed by demons/Satan?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 07:33:34 AM »
And the answer is..."No!".

Correct
R