Author Topic: Science cannot disprove God nor prove soul exists  (Read 1080 times)

theonlyone

Science cannot disprove God nor prove soul exists
« on: March 25, 2011, 06:43:37 AM »
"Imagine: inside, in the nerves, in the head -- that is, these nerves are there in the brain... (damn them!) there are sort of little tails, the little tails of those nerves, and as soon as they begin quivering... that is, you see, I look at something with my eyes and then they begin quivering, those little tails... and when they quiver, then an image appears... it doesn't appear at once, but an instant, a second, passes... and then something like a moment appears; that is, not a moment -- devil take the moment! -- but an image; that is, an object, or an action, damn it! That's why I see and then think, because of those tails, not at all because I've got a soul, and that I am some sort of image and likeness. All that is nonsense! Rakitin explained it all to me yesterday, brother, and it simply bowled me over. It's magnificent, Alyosha, this science! A new man's arising- that I understand.... And yet I am sorry to lose God!"

"Well, that's a good thing, anyway," said Alyosha.

"That I am sorry to lose God? It's chemistry, brother, chemistry! There's no help for it, your reverence, you must make way for chemistry. And Rakitin does dislike God. Ough! doesn't he dislike Him! That's the sore point with all of them. But they conceal it. They tell lies. They pretend.

The Brothers Karamazov by Feodor Dostoevsky

theonlyone

Re: Science cannot disprove God nor prove soul exists
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 07:07:35 AM »
 Question for a wanna be scientists/hardcore atheists etc Do you have a soul?

theonlyone

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 07:08:35 AM »
"Dostoevsky gives me more than any scientist, more than Gauss." - Albert Einstein

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 05:41:44 PM »
Answer. Of course I dont have a soul. I am a soul. Every living thing by definition is a soul. Religion has perverted the meaning of the word.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 07:20:25 AM »
you can never disprove a negative, whats the point?