Author Topic: Unemployed and desperate--with a pet  (Read 6760 times)

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
Re: Unemployed and desperate--with a pet
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2011, 09:24:12 AM »
You say you like pets as much as the next guy, but I doubt it. In fact, I'd bet you don't have a pet.

Many people Fucked up people love their dogs and/or cats as much as they would children. If one loses their job and falls on hard times, I ask you, would they give their children up for adoption?

Fixed

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2011, 09:27:02 AM »
Those people should be shot!  >:( >:(

Along with the people who take food from their family to give to their pets... ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2011, 09:29:28 AM »
I love my dogs better than most people I know.
Dogs are better than most people.   

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2011, 09:31:16 AM »

Thank you.  ;) This is not that hard. I mean, people will lie, steal, cheat, complain, bitch,..etc But your dog will chill out and sleep on her bed. If you said, "Doug, who would you save? Some family member or my dog, and it would be my dog."  8)
D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2011, 11:01:22 AM »
Pets are cool 8)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2011, 02:34:41 PM »
THis is quite simple Bay, I'm sure you know the answer.

Companionship.
Get some friends=companionship
gf/bf= companionship

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2011, 02:36:39 PM »
Pets are cool 8)

I will be honest, when a family member dies, i enjoy it because i know that i will get some cash from their death, but when a dog passes away, it feels like the lowest day of my life.  >:(
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2011, 02:42:55 PM »
anybody that could just abandon their pet due to financial problems (like a bag of dog food is expensive ::)) is clearly a sociopath

E
E

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2011, 02:45:38 PM »
I will be honest, when a family member dies, i enjoy it because i know that i will get some cash from their death, but when a dog passes away, it feels like the lowest day of my life.  >:(

The making of a great dad or brother are in the works here...

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2011, 02:48:30 PM »
The making of a great dad or brother are in the works here...

:D :D :o :o

D

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »
OR maybe your dogs are the only "ones" able to love someone like you ?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2011, 03:36:14 PM »
anybody that could just abandon their pet due to financial problems (like a bag of dog food is expensive ::)) is clearly a smart person who knows that pets are a luxury, that one gets when one has their priorities in order.

E
Fixed for reality. If pets were as smart as humans, they'd leave your ass for getting into financial trouble---find another family to take care of them...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »
I love animals, esp. dogs, but could never put or rate them above people.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2011, 03:44:10 PM »
so if you have a wife and she loses her job or better yet....you lose yours and then she says listen I can't afford to keep feeding you so get the fuck out and go to a shelter...you would be cool with that huh?  I would be willing to bet your logic would be out the window at that point.

To equate a pet with a human wife or husband is beyond logic...I bet you like beastiality flicks as well...

But, I'll say this, when I graduated from college, there was a small window of time when I didn't have a job. My mother had said: "Either you get a job, go back to school, or leave. I will not have some lazy, no job having person laying up in my house."
I got a job.

Please, don't ever use such infantile logic again. It insults those of us who ARE human...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2011, 04:05:44 PM »
Fixed for reality. If pets were as smart as humans, they'd leave your ass for getting into financial trouble---find another family to take care of them...

leaving when there is financial trouble?  ironic you sound like the women you always complain about

a dog is loyal until the end, if you can't care for a dog than you aren't human

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2011, 04:18:05 PM »
it costs about $20 a month to feed my dog

work 3 hours at wal mart and you have your dogs food for the month ::)

E
E

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2011, 04:23:12 PM »
leaving when there is financial trouble?  ironic you sound like the women you always complain about

a dog is loyal until the end, if you can't care for a dog than you aren't human

E

I was being tongue in cheek, if they were as smart as humans
and remember, one of the biggest reasons for divorce is due to finances...

it's good to be loyal, especially when the entity is ignorant to the situation at hand.
You are getting confused about be able to take care of a dog, and not taking care of essentials first.
Americans are too entrenched in their "wants" and "desires", they take for granted pets,
and your loyality comment speaks volumes. It's selfish to expect "loyalty", one accepts it as a given.
Man, especially Americans, want everything bent to their will, to serve at their whim, and when they can't have it, like spoiled children they cry.

When most of us got our first pet, we were role about the responsibilities of taking care of a pet. Feeding, walking, taking care of feces, shots, etc. Now, usually it was the parents who took care of the most important things, because they had the finances to do so. They had the income...then we as adults, want to replicate that. But, like a lot of people today, we confuse our wants with our needs. Nobody on here can actually say that they NEED a pet. Nobody can say that. Everybody on here can basically say that they got a pet because they WANTED a pet.

True love for our flora and fauna is to "want" what is best for that pet or entity and not selfishly think of our own desires of having them around for "our" company and "our" amusement. Let that animal be taken care of by someone who can afford to. Who has the luxury to do so.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2011, 04:31:53 PM »
you must have missed my post above, everybody can afford a pet

i assume both you and bay never had to pay for one, if you did you would realize how cheap it is

E
E

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2011, 04:55:46 PM »
you must have missed my post above, everybody can afford a pet

i assume both you and bay never had to pay for one, if you did you would realize how cheap it is

E
Sure, a pet rock, a hamster, a turtle, a rabbit, guinea pig, hermit crab...
My folks grew up on a farm---horses, cattle, pigs, chicks, ducks, dogs, cats, etc...
When I go to my great uncles house, i see chickens, ducks, turkeys, dogs and cats and banny roosters running around. I wanted to be a zoologist or a paleontologist when I was younger, loved animals....

When I was a mere babe, my parents had a black lab---that barked when i cried, an he hated me....they made the decision to get rid of the dog, as they couldn't afford the dog and me at the time. So, no not everybody can afford a pet.

Hell, most people can't even get their dogs to behave, or feed their dogs properly, or have them exercised...one of the reasons why there is a growing number of obese dogs and cats, and why there is a rise in kidney disease in dogs...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2011, 05:00:01 PM »
Sure, a pet rock, a hamster, a turtle, a rabbit, guinea pig, hermit crab...
My folks grew up on a farm---horses, cattle, pigs, chicks, ducks, dogs, cats, etc...
When I go to my great uncles house, i see chickens, ducks, turkeys, dogs and cats and banny roosters running around. I wanted to be a zoologist or a paleontologist when I was younger, loved animals....

When I was a mere babe, my parents had a black lab---that barked when i cried, an he hated me....they made the decision to get rid of the dog, as they couldn't afford the dog and me at the time. So, no not everybody can afford a pet.

Hell, most people can't even get their dogs to behave, or feed their dogs properly, or have them exercised...one of the reasons why there is a growing number of obese dogs and cats, and why there is a rise in kidney disease in dogs...

they chose to get rid of the dog

E
E

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2011, 05:10:47 PM »

they chose to get rid of the dog

E
yep, have to make choices in life---glad they didn't make the choice of getting rid of me...

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2011, 05:15:16 PM »
Lately I have been seeing a lot of profiles (on TV, in newspapers, etc.) about people who are either unemployed and or struggling financially.  The profiles always paint the person as a victim of unfortunate circumstances.  Many are living paycheck to paycheck, drawing on a meager savings account, or depending on friends or family to help them make it from month to month.  Just as I start to feel sorry for them I read that the person—who may not know where their next meal is coming from—has a pet.  Often it is a dog, and I find myself thinking, "why does this person have a pet if they are so hard up?"  I like pets as much as the next guy, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who can afford to have a pet or doesn't have the sense to part with the animal if they are not in a position to afford one. >:(

Discuss.

When you're broke you need to have some kind of little things to make yourself happy.

Maybe it's a pet, maybe it's a little vodka, maybe it's a little weed.

You can't blaim them. Most people can't give up everything and live like a monk.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2011, 05:43:01 PM »
Didn't Jesus have a goat?

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2011, 06:08:06 PM »
Dishing off a pet is for the weak.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2011, 06:13:07 PM »
Lately I have been seeing a lot of profiles (on TV, in newspapers, etc.) about people who are either unemployed and or struggling financially.  The profiles always paint the person as a victim of unfortunate circumstances.  Many are living paycheck to paycheck, drawing on a meager savings account, or depending on friends or family to help them make it from month to month.  Just as I start to feel sorry for them I read that the person—who may not know where their next meal is coming from—has a pet.  Often it is a dog, and I find myself thinking, "why does this person have a pet if they are so hard up?"  I like pets as much as the next guy, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who can afford to have a pet or doesn't have the sense to part with the animal if they are not in a position to afford one. >:(

Discuss.

about 6-9 months ago i was across the street from the big mongolian statue thing outside the san francisco capital building. some homeless dude around 20 walks up to me with a dog on a leash and told me he was selling weed for dog food. i thought the same thing as you. why the hell do you have a pet if you cant afford it?