Author Topic: BANNED From Selling Girl Scout Cookies On Their Own Front Lawn  (Read 1717 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: BANNED From Selling Girl Scout Cookies On Their Own Front Lawn
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 05:49:30 PM »
Police state.

enforcing a local ordinance = police state ??

maye you've got a problem with the ordinance but come on man

police state?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 05:53:23 PM »
enforcing a local ordinance = police state ??

maye you've got a problem with the ordinance but come on man

police state?

Most local laws are written by someone who's wife or husband complained and there you have it.

For instance... Many states have a "No spitting on the sidewalks" law. This law was instituted in the late 18 / early 1900s, when women wore very long dresses with lace at the bottom that went all the way down to the ground.

Men would spit tobacco juice on the ground and the women would get tobacco stains on their lace that is close to the ground.

Some city councilman's wife would then say, "If you don't make a law against spitting on the sidewalks, I won't do "X" (Cook / clean / have sex) so you better do it.

Councilman proposes a law, explains it to the council and the law is passed.

Most ordinances are just like that... retarded and stupid and because of one teeny thing, everyone suffers.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 06:06:26 PM »
Yes Straw - I'm sick of people like yourself and wish you would form your own colony like in that movie "The Village" and leave the rest of us alone with your wonderful nanny state bs. 

Funny - you leftists love every nanny state reg and bs policy unless it pertains to abortion.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 06:28:24 PM »
It's not about whether or not to follow a local ordinance. 

It about common fucking sense.

If it's a group of adults operating a food stand on their property with out the right permit and Licenses that is one thing, if it's a kid working to sell stuff to earn money, or better yet for a cause that's another.

That's why Fucking do-gooders should suck mule cock. 

What happened here was fucking outrageous

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 06:30:55 PM »
does political correctness fall under do gooders?

if not you need to add that one ;)

To a certain extent I say yes. 

But political correctness has it's good points.  For example, I might call a certain troll gimmick a cum guzzling whore, but because I am being politically correct I will not.   ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 07:50:48 PM »

If it's a group of adults operating a food stand on their property with out the right permit and Licenses that is one thing, if it's a kid working to sell stuff to earn money, or better yet for a cause that's another.

^^^^
Exactly...

sadly enough these days common sense isnt to common

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2011, 07:52:04 PM »
To a certain extent I say yes. 

But political correctness has it's good points.  For example, I might call a certain troll gimmick a cum guzzling whore, but because I am being politically correct I will not.   ;D
LOL i see no good in political correctness, if what youre saying is the truth then there is no need to sugar coat it ;)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 10:18:01 PM »
I stopped supporting the Girl Scouts a while ago when I found out that the boysouts of america had distanced themselves for the girlscouts when they started taking God out of their pledge, supports and donates to planned parenthood and the list goes on. I'll post up a link tomorrow. Its pretty sad.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 04:23:13 AM »
Bottom line is that we are just not a free country anymore.

Every aspect of our lives is overregulated, over legislated, over taxed, too many nanny state busy bodies who won't stfu and keep to themselves, too much govt, etc.  

It permeates everything whether it be this, your toilet, your sink, your shower, your car, you phone, etc.  

Sad.  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 09:31:30 AM »
Obama personally (or his security detail) ::) called and stopped the Girlscout cookie operation

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 09:32:41 AM »
Obama personally (or his security detail) ::) called and stopped the Girlscout cookie operation

He is the poster child of the nanny state along with all the other pink panty leftists and progressives.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 09:33:37 AM »
He is the poster child of the nanny state along with all the other pink panty leftists and progressives.   

I know.. he called himself... picked up the phone.. and told them to stop with the cookies

oh yeah.. maybe his security detail did it

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 09:39:38 AM »
This supposed "nanny state" has been like this long before Obama got into office. 

Bullshit like this has been happening all the time.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 09:50:41 AM »
This supposed "nanny state" has been like this long before Obama got into office. 

Bullshit like this has been happening all the time.

No it hasnt.. Obama
Crashed the stock market
ruined healthcare
caused all the jobloss
is responsibile for libya and egypt.
and...it rained in LA  the other night. he did that shit too

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 10:32:05 AM »

Completely agree about common sense. 

I don't think this is a "do-gooder."  It's just a DB who is probably unhappy and isn't very bright.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 10:46:19 AM »
News Flash - tiny city enforces local ordinance and tea baggers go into a frenzy about the coming Police State

I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem a line of cars on a residential street backing up traffic, creating a possible hazard, etc...    Sureley this is the current front line of Obama's secret war to turn us all into commies.

Fuck the laws mans - girl scouts should be exempt

The city should have just ignored their own law and ignored the complaint if they get sued or if some kid gets run over by one of these cars then so be it.   

Girl Scouts are the new front line forces fighting Obama's police state

HAZELWOOD, Mo. (KMOX/AP) – The city of Hazelwood says they do support the Girl Scouts but not when they are violating the home occupancy code.

They’d been warned, but the city says the Girl Scouts Abigail and Caitlin Mills continued to sell Girl Scout cookies from a stand in front of their home. A neighbor complained anonymously because of all the people and the traffic and the dogs barking at all the people and the traffic.

“Based on this complaint, the city of Hazelwood had to take action,” says spokesman Tim Davidson. He says it is also against city code to sell products from home.

And while he has heard some complaints from residents that Hazelwood is being too harsh on the teens, Davidson says others have pointed out that one tenet of the Girl Scouts is good citizenship.

“The fact that we did have this code in place, it’s the responsibility of every good citizen to respect the laws that we have,” said Davidson.

But the girls’ mother, Carolyn Mills, is vowing to let them keep selling their cookies, until they reach their goal of 2,000 purchases.

She says the cookie stand is equally important as a learning opportunity. “This is teaching leadership, communication, entrepreneurship,” Mills explains. “They’re getting to know the value of money, and how to keep people from ripping you off.”

Mills says the cookie stand has been a six year tradition, that started by chance. “We were parked in the driveway, counting the cookies in the back of the van, when suddenly a car pulled up and the driver asked if we had any extras,” explained Mills. “And then another car pulled up. And another.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2011, 10:56:43 AM »
“Based on this complaint, the city of Hazelwood had to take action,” says spokesman Tim Davidson. He says it is also against city code to sell products from home.

________________________ ________-

Does this include ebay and other home based businesses?

Straw - if you were my next door neighbor - I would terrorize you.  I would mow the grass at 3 am during the week, 5 am on Sundays, blast heavy metal all day long, let my dog shit all over your yard, have biker parties every weekend, start up the harley at 6 am every day with loud pipes unil you came out in your panties w your BF to complain, etc.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 10:59:33 AM »

________________________ ________-

Straw - if you were my next door neighbor - I would terrorize you.  I would mow the grass at 3 am during the week, 5 am on Sundays, blast heavy metal all day long, let my dog shit all over your yard, have biker parties every weekend, start up the harley at 6 am every day with loud pipes unil you came out in your panties w your BF to complain, etc.   

LOL

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2011, 11:16:07 AM »
“Based on this complaint, the city of Hazelwood had to take action,” says spokesman Tim Davidson. He says it is also against city code to sell products from home.________________________________-

first of all you live in the ghetto so how could you possibly live in my neighborhood

second, my actual next door neighbor is a retired navy seal and just as right wing as you (though not as stupid or crazy) and we have our political discussions but also get along just fine.

third, this is some tiny city that decided to enforce an existing ordinance after receiving a complaint and after warning these kids a few times.   If you worked for the city you'd do the exact same thing so spare me all the grandstanding and chest thumbing about what a rebel you are

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2011, 11:22:17 AM »
Oh I forgot - I would get the fat biker chicks to get drunk and puke and pass out and lay across your lawn.   

Every time you had a wine tasting event with your other pseudo-intellectual jerkoff friends - I would have the harleys rolling down trhe street and organize a huge pig roast in the driveway and have the smoke blow your way.   

Did I mention the midget tossing in the trampoline?         

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2011, 11:32:24 AM »
Oh I forgot - I would get the fat biker chicks to get drunk and puke and pass out and lay across your lawn.   

Every time you had a wine tasting event with your other pseudo-intellectual jerkoff friends - I would have the harleys rolling down trhe street and organize a huge pig roast in the driveway and have the smoke blow your way.   

Did I mention the midget tossing in the trampoline?         

sounds good

I'd be there drinking beer and watching it all and maybe videotaping for posterity

btw - most of my friends and neighbors are right wingers and they are the wine drinkers