Author Topic: This quote is just something special  (Read 4620 times)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
This quote is just something special
« on: March 29, 2011, 03:15:40 PM »
by our beloved 'Man of Steel', a proud parent to a daughter.. on why it is OK to murder children and how love fits into the equation:

Think about some of the pagan tribes of people that God ordered be destroyed.  For hundreds of years these people engaged in horrifice, evil practices.  Generation after generation being lead to an inevitable death in sin and eternal seperation from God.  When God determined enough is enough, that these depraved people were doomed with no chance of change he saved those children that were inevitably doomed to eternal seperation from him as they were not accountable for their actions. I see that as an act of love in regards to the children that died.  The Egyptian children were sacrificed, but immediately taken to the greatest kingdom of all....for none are most precious in his sight.  I can't grasp all facets of his plan, but I do know that God is love.

I'm honestly flabbergasted. Is everything permissible in the name of god?
from incomplete data

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
Re: This quote is just something special
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 03:17:37 PM »
by our beloved 'Man of Steel', a proud parent to a daughter.. on why it is OK to murder children and how love fits into the equation:

Of course. It's how all shit bag moves and deeds are justified nowadays.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »

Anything science proves can be traced back to God.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 03:34:40 PM »

MOS was one of the top 3 funniest/wittiest guys here up until 3 years ago. The current version is like a 180 of the kind of guy he used to be.

Getbig isn't the place to push & defend your religious beliefs extensively, IMO. But, whatever floats your boat...

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 03:37:24 PM »
MOS was one of the top 3 funniest/wittiest guys here up until 3 years ago. The current version is like a 180 of the kind of guy he used to be.

Getbig isn't the place to push & defend your religious beliefs extensively, IMO. But, whatever floats your boat...
I keep reading his posts, waiting for a MOS zinger...and for him to break the 4th wall and laugh, like he's been playing us all this time.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 03:40:01 PM »
Religion of peace.

slaver

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 03:40:47 PM »
which god?
I like
crom
odin
anubis
poseidon
khorne the blood god
hastur
godogma
dagon
pazuzu
dispater
arioch
set

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 03:40:58 PM »

I agree ,  he's a complete  idiot nowadays.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 03:46:38 PM »
I keep reading his posts, waiting for a MOS zinger...and for him to break the 4th wall and laugh, like he's been playing us all this time.

Christ changed my heart.  I knew very well it would make me unpopular....I'm fine with that. 

Only mistake in my post above is in the one of the last sentences....I actually mean to write "more" instead of "most" in reference to the little children.

No zingers, no jokes coming.....I regret my previous posts from years past.....the cursing, the insults, the bad behavior in general. 

All I want is for others to experience the same love of Christ that I have experienced in my life.  Not all will want or accept it.  Some may and I'm thankful for those that do and pray for others that haven't yet.  My intention was not to insult or judge anyone in another thread I posted in.  If I did that in some way I apologize for that mistake....it wasn't intentional.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 03:48:29 PM »

Ditto, lol. Don't see it happening, though.

Maybe if someone gets their hand on some Black Kryptonite, we can separate the owning machine from the current version and have the former post here too ;D

I agree ,  he's a complete  idiot nowadays.

He's still got my respect, but part of me wishes he'd unleash the beast lurking within ;D

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 03:49:26 PM »
Only mistake in my post above is in the one of the last sentences....I actually mean to write "more" instead of "most" in reference to the little children.

That was your only mistake??
from incomplete data

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 03:49:58 PM »
Christ changed my heart.  I knew very well it would make me unpopular....I'm fine with that. 

No zingers, no jokes coming.....I regret my previous posts from years past.....the cursing, the insults, the bad behavior in general. 

All I want is for others to experience the same love of Christ that I have experienced in my life.  Not all will want or accept it.  Some may and I'm thankful for those that do and pray for others that haven't yet.  My intention was not to insult or judge anyone in another thread I posted in.  If I did that in some way I apologize for that mistake....it wasn't intentional.

Do what you got to do, but God help you if I get some Black Kryptonite :D

newmom

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 03:50:42 PM »

great post actually

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 03:52:30 PM »

Hey, if you've found happiness, that's wonderful. Keep on keeping on. I'm just being selfish: the old MOS used to add some happiness to my life with his sharp wit. I miss that.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 03:52:34 PM »
what is the difference between Man of steel and Mon of steel?

and if someone says "a "O"" then I will be pissed

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 03:53:23 PM »

a O
from incomplete data

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 03:54:30 PM »

'Change your name.'    ;D   

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 03:56:13 PM »
Christ and god. Trenbolona and gh15. Believe and pray
MIRAGETROPIN

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 03:56:47 PM »
Ditto, lol. Don't see it happening, though.

Maybe if someone gets their hand on some Black Kryptonite, we can separate the owning machine from the current version and have the former post here too ;D

He's still got my respect, but part of me wishes he'd unleash the beast lurking within ;D

I appreciate the respect...it's mutual. 

Since my rededication to Christ I've received a lot of negative comments around here....some things are down right horrific and ugly.  It takes a lot not to unleash, but I just shrug it off best I can.   We have a lot of brilliant, educated men and women on this site that hate everything I now stand for.  I don't return that hate, just want to express that the very same love and grace that I've experienced is more than abundant and sufficient for them as well.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 03:57:27 PM »
I'm positive that in a real life situation, MOS would never wish death upon anyone or children in particular. To be in favor of the genocide mentioned above, you have to be nothing short of a psychopath.

But to put the idea of genocide into words and stand behind it is just plain awful, I really can't see many excuses for it. But mental illness would be one of them I guess.
from incomplete data

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 03:58:35 PM »
Deadpool did it best...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »
I`m far from religious but if he is,it shouldn`t be a problem for anyone.

I try to respect peoples beliefs, but I do hate when people try to force them on me,not that MOS has done that at all.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 04:05:31 PM »
I appreciate the respect...it's mutual. 

Since my rededication to Christ I've received a lot of negative comments around here....some things are down right horrific and ugly.  It takes a lot not to unleash, but I just shrug it off best I can.   We have a lot of brilliant, educated men and women on this site that hate everything I now stand for.  I don't return that hate, just want to express that the very same love and grace that I've experienced is more than abundant and sufficient for them as well.

I'm just joking around with the "unleashing" comment as you can tell. I know how you feel about cringing over some of your old posts, having gone way over the line myself over the years. I try not to be rude nowadays, but Getbig is always testing you and unless you take a whole different approach attitude-wise like you have, you tend to slip up and post something you regret.

Nature of the beast, sadly. But having guys like you and Sarcasm barely posting here and even then, like nothing like how you used to be, has definitely been a loss for this place and made it very slow and dull. Still, there are some good people around to pick up the slack ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 04:11:23 PM »
I'm positive that in a real life situation, MOS would never wish death upon anyone or children in particular. To be in favor of the genocide mentioned above, you have to be nothing short of a psychopath.

But to put the idea of genocide into words and stand behind it is just plain awful, I really can't see many excuses for it. But mental illness would be one of them I guess.

You are correct, I don't wish that.  In fact, when I first read some of these things myself they shocked me and I had to think about them.  I had to read others' perspectives and those I read did a much better job of explaining their perspective than I did.  It's a limitation of my intellect...I'm not a tremendous communicator.  Still, being a poor testtaker doesn't make a person ignorant on the topic being tested on....they're just lousy at the test taking.  Or being a nonbeliever doesn't make a person terrible and evil....that's nonsense.  Nor does being a believer make that person a Jesus freak, without fault or head and shoulders above the rest....again, nonsense.  I've seen some believers on this site with the worst tact possible.  Yeah, let's insult and bash those that don't believe.....yeah, that's gonna help your case....terrible witness for Christ and an absolute turnoff for nonbelievers.