Author Topic: Worst Wrestlemania ever.  (Read 5007 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Worst Wrestlemania ever.
« on: April 03, 2011, 09:05:46 PM »
Lame, ackward, botched, sloppy, uninteresting.........ju st f'ing terrible. Not a single match "stole the show"

:-\ :(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Worst Wrestlemania ever.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 09:19:57 PM »
No, that honor goes to WrestleMania 15.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 09:38:28 PM »
I am in agreement... Absolutely horrible.

When the UT / HHH match was the absolute BEST and those guys are both over 40... then it's just bad news.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 09:58:43 PM »
I am in agreement... Absolutely horrible.

When the UT / HHH match was the absolute BEST and those guys are both over 40... then it's just bad news.
I was extremely disappointed in that match...seems like a huge letdown, wikipedia is saying UT suffered back injuries during the match. True or not, I dunno, but UT never got back to his feet after HHH Tombstoned him. :-\

I can't believe they put the bitches on after UT/HHH.......terrible........and the Cena/Miz!??!?!! WTF?? That was a horrible match to watch, botched spots, missed cues....wtf did Cena do....somekind of double jump then fall on his ass over Miz? HAhaha

Horseshit. When Stone Cold and The Rock get bigger/longer/louder responses than the rest of the guys...and UT/HHH put on a better match than these new guys.......oh brother, "wrestling entertainment" is in deep trouble. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 11:12:42 PM »
I was extremely disappointed in that match...seems like a huge letdown, wikipedia is saying UT suffered back injuries during the match. True or not, I dunno, but UT never got back to his feet after HHH Tombstoned him. :-\

I can't believe they put the bitches on after UT/HHH.......terrible........and the Cena/Miz!??!?!! WTF?? That was a horrible match to watch, botched spots, missed cues....wtf did Cena do....somekind of double jump then fall on his ass over Miz? HAhaha

Horseshit. When Stone Cold and The Rock get bigger/longer/louder responses than the rest of the guys...and UT/HHH put on a better match than these new guys.......oh brother, "wrestling entertainment" is in deep trouble. ::)

The reason they do that is to give the live crowd time to "come down" from the taker/hhh match. You dont want a dead crowd for your main event. So it gives them time to "recharge their batteries" and even go to the bathroom, get a beer or whatever. Its real hard to follow up a match like that.

They do that at most of the big ppv's.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 04:33:47 AM »

I agree with you here. WM was not up to par by any standard. Undertaker was visably hurt after that match. Whether he is selling his injuries from the match or it was real, he got stretchered out.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 05:25:59 AM »
The major matches (except 'Taker vs. Helmsley) didn't have enough buildup, not enough beef.

It was a downer for me, because WHY ON EARTH do you make the World title match the first bout? And with Del Rio, jobbing left and right to Christian, it just took all the steam out of the WrestleMania match.

Unless I'm mistaken, this may be the first WrestleMania in which NO TITLES CHANGED HANDS (unless Bryan beat Sheamus in the Free-for-All match for the US title). In fact only the World titles were up and, for the first time, BOTH CHAMPS retained their respective belts.

As for 'Taker vs. Helmsley, it started slow but really ramped up nicely (until HHH hit the Tombstone on the Deadman, I predicted that he'd beat 'Taker up for the rest of the match, try another pedigree or sledgehammer shot, and get caugh in "Hell's Gate").

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 05:38:37 AM »
I honestly didn't expect Edge to retain but I have a funny feeling that it was done as a political move to try and sway him to resign to another 3 year deal. Edge's contract is set to expire and he is contemplating retirement.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 07:03:49 AM »
I honestly didn't expect Edge to retain but I have a funny feeling that it was done as a political move to try and sway him to resign to another 3 year deal. Edge's contract is set to expire and he is contemplating retirement.

I didn't expect Edge to retain, either. I knew Rock would cost Cena the title, and figuring that one World title would change hands, I expected Del Rio to win the gold.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 08:54:38 AM »
Alberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtoo ooooooooooooooo Del RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRio oooooooooooo
was rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroobbed

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 10:53:08 AM »
IMO he should have won.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 11:47:03 AM »
Del Rio not winning was the biggest suprise of the night. I enjoyed myself yesterday but what a bumber of a Wrestlemania. After Taker wins again next year and retires. Wrestlemania is just another PPV. Hope Undertaker wasn't really hurt last night?

The only guy left to fight now is CENA. Please...NO MORE RETREAD MATCHES for the Deadman!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 12:15:10 PM »
Del Rio not winning was the biggest suprise of the night. I enjoyed myself yesterday but what a bumber of a Wrestlemania. After Taker wins again next year and retires. Wrestlemania is just another PPV. Hope Undertaker wasn't really hurt last night?
No worries, Chef. His is fine. He just over sold his "injuries" sustained during the match. If he were really hurt, believe me there would be way more people at ringside.

Undertaker has no one left to fight except for Cena and with all do respect, Cena can't do it to the caliber of HBK and Michaels have the last couple of years. Lets face it, every Undertaker WM match has been one-upped from the last (in the last couple of years). Who else?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 05:04:27 PM »
Haven't seen anything about Taker being injured...so maybe he was just selling it. He is one of the few guys that continue to sell an injury during and after the match.

Overall the entire show was very dull. None of the "new" guys impressed me at all.  Orton/Punk, HHH/Taker, were the only matches worth watching........Cena/Miz was terrible missed spots/sloppy moves.......Show/Kane/Etc.......seemed a typical squash match.......not even gonna talk about that little fat chick from TV. ::)

I am however, interested in booking a flight to NYC for Timmys next year party. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 05:51:14 PM »
I thought it was ok..IMO

Good:
Production. The stage was awesome and that cube thing was neat
HHH-Taker was awesome. Incredible psychology. Kind of glad there was no HBK..match didn't need him
Edge-ADR was a solid match. Good opener but ended too quick. Though ADR should have won...no RR winner has won at WM in a while
Punk-Orton was a good match
Cody-Rey was good. Told a good story with the facemask-knee thing. I liked it
Austin-Rock interaction
JR announcing
Miz retains

Bad:
Cole-Lawler. WTF? Should have been 10 mins max. Cole beatdown, stunner. End of match
Miz-Cena. Awkward match. No flow to it
No Sheamus-Danielson. Pissed me off. Was really looking foward to it
Commercials. Why? we already bought the show. Could have cut out half of them and Edge's pointless car skit for the US title match
No Morrison-Ziggler action. Snooki was fine.

Overall I'd give it 6.5/10..Not the worst but could have been so much better.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 12:01:23 AM »
I thought it was alright, just the last match killed it and put a dampener on the whole PPV. 

Highlights:
- HHH/Taker was excellent, had some proper OMG moments, great flow, almost had me thinking HHH could get him.
- Edge/Del Rio was good, but shouldn't have been the first match.
- Orton/Punk I think was my favourite match of the show, good story build, and two good workers.
- Cody/Rey was interesting, this is one of the few storylines in the whole WWE that's worth anything at the moment.
- Stone Cold.  Every time he's in the ring you can see how much he enjoys it, and is just being himself.  The guy's awesome.
- The giant screen!

Low points:
- Cena/Miz killed the show.  Crap match, neither one of them is talented enough in the ring to carry a WM main event.  Miz might be one day, but on this showing not quite yet.
- Lawler/Cole was a waste of time.  Cole looked ridiculous, can't wrestle for shit, and in my view Lawler embarassed himself by selling to him.  As Mass said, should have knocked Cole about the ring for 5 minutes and let Stone Cold stunner everyone.
- Snooki match was another waste, I went for food while it was on.  Why put Ziggler/Morrison in a match and not let them do anything.
- 8 man match had no point to it.  I understand putting as many guys on the big stage as possible, but for 2 minutes worth of nonsense?
- Daniels/Sheamus should have been on the main show, no if's or but's.
- Rock.  I thought he'd actually do a bit more than one promo at the start, and one backstage section.  We all knew that he was gonna take Cena out at the end.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 04:45:17 AM »
In all seriousness, it wasn't horrible but I have seen much much much better when it came to WM. I didn't agree with them putting Danialson vs Sheamus in a dark match. That was just ridiculous. Undertaker & HHH should have headlines. its what everyone wanted to see and paid to see. Not the Miz & Cena. Miz & Cena just had no chemistry in the ring. Not their fault by any means but they don't blend well together. I thought the Rock did well as the Atlanta crowd was hyped when he came out. Austin did his thing which was and always will pop a crowd. The intergender match was a complete waste of talant. I would have rather had Ziggler face Morrison one on one. I guarantee you the two of them would have put on a good match. Leave Vickie at ringside and trish in Morrison's corner.

Is anyone here sick of Michael Cole already?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 05:24:33 AM »
Is anyone here sick of Michael Cole already?

I am, but his performance last night was good.
He got some good heat after squirting JR with the BBQ sauce.
And having him at ringside wearing the singlet inside the glass barricade the whole night was very amusing.

I hope they continue to have him wear the singlet every week for the next month, before letting JR get a hold of him.
Did you hear the pop last night when Ross got out of his announce seat to pursue Cole?
People want to see it happen!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 05:31:21 AM »

I am, but his performance last night was good.
He got some good heat after squirting JR with the BBQ sauce.
And having him at ringside wearing the singlet inside the glass barricade the whole night was very amusing.

I hope they continue to have him wear the singlet every week for the next month, before letting JR get a hold of him.
Did you hear the pop last night when Ross got out of his announce seat to pursue Cole?
People want to see it happen!

Oh absolutely and you KNOW its working. Why? Because when you see that squirt Michael Cole, you want to put your fist throgh the TV.  ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 05:33:35 AM »
Oh absolutely and you KNOW its working. Why? Because when you see that squirt Michael Cole, you want to put your fist throgh the TV.  ;)

So long as they're careful and don't let it turn into "X-Pac Heat," I think it'll work.

Cole strikes me as the equivalent of a modern-day heel manager ala Jimmy Hart.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 05:35:20 AM »

So long as they're careful and don't let it turn into "X-Pac Heat," I think it'll work.

Cole strikes me as the equivalent of a modern-day heel manager ala Jimmy Hart.

Oh ya...plus they were in Atlanta last night for raw as well.....and when he squirted BBQ sauce on JR ... good ol' southern JR...I thought the fans were going to riot.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 08:01:33 AM »
I don't think it was that bad either. Today is like new years day. Here's a question? Timmy has been thinking about this. Is Cena the main reason why we have the PG rating? Is it his silly outfit and his salut thats keeping the Federation from moving forward? After seeing his wordrobe change tonight on RAW. Timmy knows it's VKM$ greed. No hate. Congradulations with Cenas success. But as long as Cena is around. We are not getting rid of this PG rating anytime soon. Cena is the cash cow. This guy is looking so frickin jacked. He makes the Rock look like the fat kid thats affraid to take his shirt off at the beach.
I know they get a ton more $$$ from advertisers with a PG rating plus a big deal with Mattel...I don't think Cena is responsible for it, but his character probably made the transition easier. The only problem I have with PG is no blood. It was being overused but I think some matches could have used it, like HHH-Orton at WM 25.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 08:16:09 AM »
I know they get a ton more $$$ from advertisers with a PG rating plus a big deal with Mattel...I don't think Cena is responsible for it, but his character probably made the transition easier. The only problem I have with PG is no blood. It was being overused but I think some matches could have used it, like HHH-Orton at WM 25.
No blood, no chairshots, no tables, nothing.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 02:21:26 PM »
Source: WWE Corporate
The WWE announced on their corporate website at corporate.wwe.com that Triple H and The Undertaker were fined for a chair shot to the head in their match this past Sunday at WrestleMania XXVII. Here is the announcement from their site:

Pursuant to WWE's Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 07:55:55 PM »
Source: WWE Corporate
The WWE announced on their corporate website at corporate.wwe.com that Triple H and The Undertaker were fined for a chair shot to the head in their match this past Sunday at WrestleMania XXVII. Here is the announcement from their site:

Pursuant to WWE's Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect.
LOL........what do you think the chances are that either guy pays the fine? ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!