Author Topic: If Fedor wants to fight at the highest level he 'can't be rolling around fat'  (Read 13442 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
You could make the same argument with any fighter, easy fights, undersized opponents, rubber matches ect GSP and Silva both have loses to cans on their record. And so what if Fedor fought an undersized Lindland Anderson and GSP fight smaller opponents with less reach than them most of the time and dont get any flack for it. And how many more times is GSP gonna fight guys the UFC know he can beat to build his status and "legacy"? UFC cares more about GSPs image and padding his record than challenging him with a fight he might actually lose.

It's not GSPs fault that he has beaten EVERY top welterweight.  Is there anyone out there that he is ducking?  The answer is no.  And, GSP is not a huge welterweight.  He is the perfect size for his division.  Fedor was a heavyweight and Matt Lindland was a middle weight.  That two weight classes...
w

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
They could of found better opponents for him than Dan Hardy and Koscheck twice like Koscheck gave him a fight the first time. There are dangerous fighters out there that the UFC doesnt want fighting their champion. I mean your telling me he had to fight Koscheck twice!!? What was that supposed to prove?? They knew he would beat the shit out of him easier than he did the first time, so that made Josh the perfect fight for him.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
They could of found better opponents for him than Dan Hardy and Koscheck twice like Koscheck gave him a fight the first time. There are dangerous fighters out there that the UFC doesnt want fighting their champion. I mean your telling me he had to fight Koscheck twice!!? What was that supposed to prove?? They knew he would beat the shit out of him easier than he did the first time, so that made Josh the perfect fight for him.

Please let me know who some of these "dangerous" fighters are ::)  And KOS lost to GSP and then worked his way back up to a title.  That's just the way it goes. 
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Then apply that same logic to every single UFC fighter and you can come up with plenty of fighters to stand aside Fedor .. I actually LMAO at the way some people will rip apart a guy's fights / stats in order to make them look like a loser .. I'm sick and tired of seeing the same people fight over and over so unless there's going to be a new slew of guys fighting .. WHEN will we see the fights people want to see ? Hasn't the whole thing become pretty close to recycling the same fights ?

Lesnar can crawl back to wrestling for all I care .. I despise the arrogant fuckwit and would be happy to see him go and never fight again

I'm not talking about just records here. Tell me why Fedor had any business fighting Werdum, when Allistar had the belt?  Fedor ducked Overeem twice. Fedor was ranked #1HW in the world at the time.

The thing with UFC fighters has been that they are in the biggest pool of top talent and they have to fight the fights people want to see, like it or not.

Jones vs Rashad is a great example.  Now that we are closer to having one unified org, the antics that Fedor pulled are close to not ever happening again.

We all know it, Fedor should have signed with the UFC when he had the chance, then there would be no room for argument from anyone.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Hmmm...you can in fact nullify his record.  Please take a close look at the majority of the opponents he faced.  Most had less than 5 fights (some only 1!) and/or way more losses than wins.  Then, of course, there are the sideshow freaks like Hong Man Choi, or undersized opponents like Lindland (which he cheated to win) or Babalu (which went to decision). 

Yes, Fedor's record looks impressive at first glance.  But, aside from some epic wins of Big Nog & Crop Cop, it's really not that impressive...

and you still can't name a fighter with a more impressive record ::)

E
E

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Please let me know who some of these "dangerous" fighters are ::)  And KOS lost to GSP and then worked his way back up to a title.  That's just the way it goes. 

worked his way back up to a title by getting KO's by Paulo Thiago??

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
worked his way back up to a title by getting KO's by Paulo Thiago??

He had 6 wins after his 1st loss to GSP.  So, who are these "dangerous" fighters that GSP is ducking ???
w

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
He had 6 wins after his 1st loss to GSP.  So, who are these "dangerous" fighters that GSP is ducking ???

you know, all those 185ers hes ducking..

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
you know, all those 185ers hes ducking..

lol
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________

E

Jeremy Horn.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing

E

There are PLENTY!  Some may have more losses, but they were wars against top competition.  I'd rather be 1-99 if those 99 losses were competitive battles against the best in the world.   
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
There are PLENTY!  Some may have more losses, but they were wars against top competition.  I'd rather be 1-99 if those 99 losses were competitive battles against the best in the world.   

so name "plenty"

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
so name "plenty"

E

GSP, BJ Pen, Anderson Silva, etc. all have more impressive records.  But, if you want to go strictly by numbers without looking at the opponents, how about Miguel Torres.
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
GSP, BJ Pen, Anderson Silva, etc. all have more impressive records.  But, if you want to go strictly by numbers without looking at the opponents, how about Miguel Torres.

lol!

E
E

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV

The difference is GSP and Anderson have been beaten convincingly by cans that were smaller than them. Fedor destroyed cans 50lbs heavier, violently and abruptly.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
So I guess Jeremy Horn would beat Fedor then too huh,? just like everyone else lol  ::)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
The difference is GSP and Anderson have been beaten convincingly by cans that were smaller than them. Fedor destroyed cans 50lbs heavier, violently and abruptly.

lol.  you got me there. 
w

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Jeremy Horn is def underrated though. Solid fighter.