Author Topic: Upcoming Marvel and DC movies  (Read 499752 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Upcoming Marvel and DC movies
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2012, 11:25:26 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=70629

Hugh Jackman In Talks For Another ‘Wolverine’ Outing In X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Following yesterday's announcement that Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are reprising their ‘Professor Charles Xavier’ & ‘Magneto’ roles respectively, it seems X-Men: Days of Future Past will see another actor's return from the original X-Men trilogy. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Hugh Jackman is in negotiations to reprise his ‘Wolverine’ role in the Bryan Singer-directed sequel.

This expected news comes only a week after Hugh Jackman officially wrapped production on the James Mangold-directed solo venture for the mutant, The Wolverine, which is due out in theaters July 26, 2013. Anyhow, Jackman joins Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Jason Flemyng and Ian McKellen with Patrick Stewart. And with more cast additions to be announced, X-Men: Days of Future Past reportedly commences filming in Spring next year. And Bryan Singer directs the time travel adaptation into theaters on July, 18 2014. What do you think?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2012, 11:35:39 PM »
http://tvline.com/2012/11/27/shield-tv-show-casts-brett-dalton/

Relative newcomer Brett Dalton has joined the cast of Joss Whedon’s ABC pilot Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D., TVLine has learned exclusively.
The highly anticipated project is based on a peacekeeping group that appeared in various Marvel comics and in the summer blockbuster film The Avengers, which Whedon wrote and directed. The title’s acronym refers to a secret peacekeeping organization called Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.

Dalton, whose credits include guest stints on Army Wives and Blue Bloods as well as a supporting role in National Geographic Channel’s forthcoming telepic Killing Lincoln, will play Agent Grant, one of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s highly-skilled rising stars. He’s deadly, precise, and cool under fire — but not so great with the people skills.

Dalton joins previously cast Ming-Na and Clark Gregg, the latter of whom will reprise his big-screen role of agent Phil Coulson.

Whedon, who is directing the pilot, co-wrote the script with Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen. If ABC orders the pilot to series, all three will serve as exec producers alongside Jeffrey Bell and Marvel Television’s Jeph Loeb.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2012, 10:11:42 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=70585

Andrew Kreisberg Says He Starts Work On The BOOSTER GOLD TV Show Before Christmas

Ever since the show was announced some time ago, news on the new Booster Gold television show has been sparse at best. Last we heard was that Kreisberg was planning on handing in his script for the pilot, which will happen on Syfy, the month after San Diego Comic Con. While talking Arrow with IGN, Kriesberg revealed that he will start working on the show before Christmas. Take a look at what he had to say below.

"I got a little waylaid by Arrow. Booster Gold is going in the next couple weeks before Christmas. We'll see what happens from there. It's such a different project even though they're both DC Comics properties. Booster is much more candy and popcorn, being about time travel and changing the future and being a superhero who can fly. But they're both super-fun projects. As a lifelong DC Comics fan, I am beyond blessed to be working on these projects with all these amazing characters."

So, not much progress on the series, however, it is nice to know that it is still alive. No casting announcement have happened yet, but when Kreisberg talked about the pilot he wrote he said that we can expect to see a lot of the characters from the Booster Gold comics.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2012, 11:29:39 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=70662

Ian McKellen On Returning As 'Magneto' In X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen would be reprising their roles as 'Charles Xavier' and 'Eric Lensherr' in X-Men: Days of Future Past. The Huffington Post caught up with McKellen recently and asked him for his thoughts on reprising the role he first took on in 2000's X-Men. "What a gas! I mean, Patrick Stewart and I have been have just been playing "Waiting for Godot" throughout England and in the West End of London. So, we've stayed in touch. We can't believe it [laughs]. I thought these were Fassbender and McAvoy's parts, but -- no, no -- we're back. We'll give them a run for their money. I mean, I haven't read the script, so I don't know how much we've got to do. But, to be back in that world, and for Bryan to be doing it -- with all the success he's had in the meantime -- it's wonderful. Wonderful." So, he's clearly enthusiastic about a return, but how does he feel about facing off against Michael Fassbender's take on the iconic villain in X-Men: First Class? "I thought he was exactly that: first class. Excellent... I thought he was better than me. But, we weren't quite playing the same character because he was so much younger than me."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #179 on: December 04, 2012, 10:00:14 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=70696

Manu Bennett Cast As Deathstroke On ARROW

Bennet, mostly known for his role as Crixus from Starz's Spartacus has been cast as Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke on the CW's Arrow. Deathstroke was previously introduced in flashbacks and will again be seen in Episode 9 said Executive Producer Andrew Kreisberg. So far, the masked villain has yet to remove his head-ware but that's all set to change now that Bennet's been awarded the role. It's thought that Slade Wilson, portrayed by Bennet, will return in the back half of Arrow's first season but in present day Starling City. You can expect Bennet to appear in multiple episodes.

Deathstroke was previously played by stuntman Jeffrey C. Robinson.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #180 on: December 04, 2012, 11:38:52 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=70674

Details On CW's WONDER WOMAN Adaptation AMAZON

But keep in mind the show is still very early in the development stages and just about anything could change. It's worth noting here that Arrow had a lot of skeptics before the pilot aired and it's turned out to be a great series so far.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=70694

Late yesterday a report surfaced that showed The CW Networks was planning on moving forward with their proposed Wonder Woman Pilot tentatively titled, Amazon. The show is said to be focusing on Wonder Woman's days on Themyscira, before she becomes the great hero everyone loves. In the report casting directors are looking to cast the main character, which in most cases isn't a big deal. However, the report said the main characters name is Iris NOT Diana. Fans have immediately shown their dislike for the move, which prompted DC CCO to do a bit of damage control on Twitter.

Geoff Johns•✔
@geoffjohns

If a WW show happens her name is of course DIANA. Codenames (like IRIS) are used in casting a lot to try and avoid speculation. #TV101 :)

30 Nov 12•Reply
•Retweet
•Favorite

So there you have it, no need to panic quite yet. Fans have still been in a little bit of an uproar, because they want DC to focus on a Wonder Woman movie, rather than a TV show. With DC looking to move towards a Justice League movie in 2015, it will be interesting to see exactly how they would handle a movie Wonder Woman and possibly a TV Wonder Woman.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheAlexLynch/news/?a=70720

Thanks to the ever reliable Craig Byrne over atWonderWomanTV, we have learned that the two scenes being used to screen test lead actors may involve Diana's love interest, Steve Trevor crashing on to Themyscira, who is then taken captive by Diana for interrogation. Not bad, right? The second scene being used has Diana and Steve possibly going on a date, most likely to test the chemistry between the two leads. Check out WWTV's descriptions below.

Steve Trevor has landed, and his hands and feet are cuffed by a chair as Diana tries to figure out his intentions. She notices he has a weapon, and accuses him of being a terrorist, or even a diversion or harbinger of an invasion of men.

Diana and Steve are at a diner, we assume in Man’s World, and are a lot more friendly. There, Diana has her first taste of ice cream, in a very cute sequence.

Obviously it should go without saying that these scenes may end up never being filmed as The CW has yet to greenlight Amazon. The scenes may also not be selected from the pilot script, as well.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2012, 10:52:45 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=70809

Dane DeHaan Confirmed To Play Harry Osborn In THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Sequel

Meet Harry Osborn. @danedehaan. pic.twitter.com/oi4Ql6nQ

3 Dec 12•Reply
•Retweet
•Favorite

Dane DeHaan•✔
@danedehaan

To say I'm excited is an understatement. #HarryOsborn #ASM2

3 Dec 12•Reply
•Retweet
•Favorite

DeHaan first gained major success earlier this year with the found footage superhero film Chronicle, before appearing in other movies such as Lawless and Lincoln. As for the rest of the film's cast, Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Sally Field are set to reprise their respective roles as Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy and Aunt May from the first film. It was recently reported that some filming will be taking place in London, and that production will commence sometime in February. The Amazing Spider-Man sequel is scheduled to hit theaters May 2nd, 2014.

UPDATE: Sony just issued the following press release which also confirms Jamie Foxx's involvement.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2012, 10:58:01 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=70831

Jamie Foxx Explains Excitement For ‘Electro’ Role In THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Sequel

In addition to today's earlier announcement that Chronicle actor Dane DeHaan officially signed on for the sequel's ‘Harry Osborn,’ director Marc Webb also announced that Academy Award-winning actor Jamie Foxx will definitely play ‘Electro,’ the super-villain of The Amazing Spider-Man 2. And speaking with Entertainment Tonight just hours after Sony's press release, Foxx explained:

“Electro is a great character! I met with the director, Mark Webb, I met with Andrew Garfield, and we talked,” the Django Unchained actor continued. “I think Electro will be an exciting character to play because he's a … genius electrician-type person, and he gets the short end of the stick from the whole world, and the next thing you know he turns it on.”

The next installment of The Amazing Spider-Man stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Sally Field, Dane DeHaan, Jamie Foxx and Shailene Woodley. The screenplay is by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner based on a previous draft by James Vanderbilt. The film will be directed by Marc Webb and produced by Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach. The untitled new film in the Spider-Man saga is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014. Production will begin in early 2013 in New York.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2012, 09:17:42 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=71023

FANTASTIC FOUR Reboot Gets A 2015 Release Date!

With The Wolverine and X-Men: Days of Future already on track, 20th Century Fox's next big-screen adaptation based on a Marvel Comics property is the Fantastic Four reboot. And according to Exhibitor Relations, the reboot has been given a release date, which slates the all-new take on Marvel's First Family for a premiere in the same year as Star Wars Episode VII, maybe Justice League, and of course the other anticipated Marvel superhero ensemble flick, The Avengers sequel.

The new Fantastic Four film will hit theaters on March, 6, 2015! In addition to the release date, Fox also announced that The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters will all be 3D releases. No surprise there. Anyhow, directed by Chronicle helmer Josh Trank, who officially signed on back in July, the reboot is being penned by Jeremy Slater, who promises a take on the superhero team that “fans deserve.”

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #184 on: December 09, 2012, 09:09:25 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=71076

IRON MAN 3: Wang Xuequi Offcially Cast As ‘Dr Wu’; Filming In Beijing Begins Monday

According to Deadline, after prepping the shoot for a week in Mainland China, Marvel will begin filming scenes for Iron Man 3 in Beijing on Monday, and veteran Chinese actor Wang Xuequi has officially been cast as Dr Wu - a slight variation on 'Chen Lu' who he was previously rumored to be playing. Apparently the character was originally going to be played by Andy Lau until he had to back out, and was thought to be an ally to Tony Stark. But when it leaked that the character's name was Chen Lu - who in the comics becomes Radioactive Man - it was assumed he must be a villain, and Deadline have also confirmed this, saying Xuequi will have a villainous role, but that it is "not a huge part". We don't know if Lu will actually transform into Radioactive man in the movie of course.

Xuequi - dubbed the "Chinese Sean Connery" - has had a career spanning 25 years, appearing in the likes of Yellow Earth (1984) and The Big Parade (1986), Huang Jianxin’s Samsara, and Zhang Yimou’s Codename Cougar (1989), and more recently the award-winning Forever Enthralled (2008) and Bodyguards and Assassins (2009).

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #185 on: December 09, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=71078

New IRON MAN 3 Images Showcase Wang Xuequi's Role

Coinciding with the announcement that filming will pick up Monday in Beijing and that Bodyguards and Assassins actor Wang Xuequi will portray ‘Dr Wu’ in the Shane Black-directed actioner, Marvel and DMG Entertainment have just released new Iron Man 3 images showcasing the Chinese actor's role. One featuring Robert Downey Jr., a movie still shows Xuequi, Gwyneth Paltrow & Don Cheadle.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #186 on: December 10, 2012, 09:33:06 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=71136

SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL Viral Marketing Begins With Alien Transmissions

Viral marketing for Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman film, Man of Steel, has kicked off with a website claiming that it has received alien messages from deep space and would like help decoding them. Update! It appears as though a Kryptonian countdown has begun.
nailbiter111 - 12/10/2012

A new website, the "Deep Space Radio Wave Project" (DSRW), has just surfaced online, and it is most likely a viral website for the new Superman film, Man of Steel. You can see on the bottom of the webpage that it is copyrighted by Warner Bros., the studio producing the film.

http://dsrwproject.com/index.php?ulang=en_US

Mission Statement
Welcome to the home of the DSRW Project, a private non-profit research organization with a network of world-wide interstellar communication facilities that support the exploration of our solar system and the universe. We believe our research is essential to understanding the origin of life.

Our mission is to capture deep space radio waves and analyze them for patterns and messages. We share our findings with the public and work together to answer the question, “Are we alone in the universe?” Through collaboration, we will separate real communication from galactic white noise.

The goal is to recognize a pattern of sounds and mark them off in the corresponding boxes provided to unlock each interstellar signal. So far fans have very quickly decoded all ten messages that were provided, but check back often for more.

Update! Thanks to TheManOfSteel1013 we can now see what appears to be a countdown with Kryptonian symbols. What is coming? Perhaps the new Man of Steel trailer?

http://www.n77d58w76d19.com/

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2012, 10:18:05 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/scifimediazone/news/?a=71139

WONDER WOMAN EXCLUSIVE: An Interview with Cathy Lee Crosby

By 1974, Cathy Lee Crosby had decided she needed a change from her career as a professional tennis player, and looked towards acting. She had scored a role in the Walter Matthau feature film The Laughing Policeman, but then got what she thought was a dream role: that of Wonder Woman in a TV movie/backdoor pilot of the same name released on DVD December 11th.

Says Wikipedia of that film, "The first serious attempt at adapting Wonder Woman to live-action TV starred Cathy Lee Crosby as a blonde Amazon with superhuman agility (à la Captain America) and gadgets, similar to those used by movie super-spy James Bond and secret agent Emma Peel of TV's The Avengers, both of which were still somewhat popular at that time, when the script of this pilot movie was in its early stages of development. Though this version owed much to a brief period in the Wonder Woman comic book, in which the Amazon heroine had lost her powers, it did not stray completely from its comic inspiration. This Princess Diana could communicate with animals; run, leap, and swim faster than normal humans; and was agile enough to deflect bullets from her Amazon bracelets, which, by some unrevealed means, she could trigger to explode. In lieu of the magical, golden lasso in the comics, she kept a golden cable concealed in her belt, which was used as a grappling rope and to ensnare fleeing enemies. While the Wonder Woman comic being published at the time of the pilot's screening featured the heroine with her traditional powers intact, no explanation for the differences between the film and the comic were ever given."

"It was my first real job," reflects Crosby, "so the significance of the project was that I was acting, but then, to have the opportunity to play a character that you grew up with as a little kid was so meaningful to me. At the time I was a professional tennis player and a lot of that, but as a little girl - actually a girl of any age - you couldn't help but love a woman who looks great, who has an invisible plane and some amazing bracelets. What a great fantasy."

She admits that she was a little surprised that she was cast in the role. "I would have thought they would have gone with a brunette," says the blonde Crosby, "but then I realized that the original movie was actually jointly owned by Warner Bros. and ABC. From what I understand, Warner Bros. wanted to do it more James Bond and ABC wanted to do it more comic book. So I guess it went halfway down the middle, because in a lot of ways this Wonder Woman was more like a female James Bond.

"For me," she continues, "it was an interesting opportunity and an amazing character. I think she was capable and she had all of these great tools. she kind of had fun with the whole thing; she could do whatever she needed to do and was completely what you would think of as a superhero. She tried to right wrongs, and who wouldn't love to be able to do that? And then when you're in trouble, you call upon your bracelets or your lasso to pull you through. I loved that concept, and the fact that her enemies would try to stop her in every way that she could and he was able to meet the challenge. I think that's a great image to represent."

Today, Crosby is at work on a number of projects, including the pilot for a reality show from the producers of Extreme Makeover titled Oh Yes You Can; and a feature film she's cowritten and will star in called Kiss of the Butterfly. "It's about a selective mute woman and it's a true story," she explains. "It's extraordinary how she comes to talk again and it's a beautiful story."

For the moment, though, it's the return of her Wonder Woman (released through the Warner Archive Collection) that is the matter at hand, for which she admits to feeling a bit of pride due to the fact that she has become part of the character's legacy. "The more than I have worked on other jobs, other films or whatever it may be," she closes, "the more you begin to see these fans come out of nowhere and they feel that you are a part of this history. It's a wonderful feeling, and not something I expected."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2012, 09:13:02 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheAlexLynch/news/?a=71186

ARROW Casts Former TEEN WOLF Star To Portray 'Roy Harper'

According to TVGuide, The CW has signed former Teen Wolf actor Colton Haynes to portray Roy Harper, who DC Comics fans know as 'Red Arrow', 'Speedy' or even 'Arsenal'. However, it's quite obvious we won't see him shooting arrows just yet.

Executive Producer Greg Berlanti said that "We were big fans of Colton from Teen Wolf and we are thrilled he's joining Arrow." The CW has described the character as "a handsome, street-savvy, teenager from 'the Glades,' the harsh, poverty-stricken portion of Starling City.". Harper will be introduced as a love interest to Thea Queen, who is "destined to become a significant part of her life and an important player in the larger world of Arrow."

The character is expected to show up in Early 2013 after the mid-season finale, and will be introduced to Oliver in "an unexpected way". Haynes joins Seth Gabel (Vertigo), John Barrowman, Katie Cassidy, Stephen Amell and Colin Donnell in the cast of Arrow.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2012, 09:39:33 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=71152

Terence Stamp On Playing General Zod; Gives His Thoughts On Michael Shannon & MAN OF STEEL

Terence Stamp is something of a Brit icon, having appeared in the likes of Young Guns, Far from the Madding Crowd, Priscilla Queen Of The Desert and of course, Superman 2 as the villainous General Zod. He is also very spiritual, funny, forthcoming, and, what you might call, eccentric! The Playlist conducted a lengthy interview with the actor at the Marrakech International Film Festival, and asked him about Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel, and if he was curious about how another actor would interpret Zod.

"Not really. I mean, I will see it... But for me, it was my comeback movie. I’d been out of work for eight years and living in India. I was a swami in an ashram, with long hair and a beard, and I was in orange. When the work had stopped I kept thinking next week will be a job, next month will be a job. And then I was travelling and learning all these metaphysical techniques and breathing and tantra and finally I got to an ashram in Pune and it seemed like the most beautiful women from every country in the world were there, and they were all totally empowered [twinkle which allows us to know precisely what he means by “empowered”]. So then I let go, I thought no, I won’t go back to showbiz, this is my life now."

Well, who could blame him for being hesitant to return. The site also relayed to Stamp that Michael Shgannon had said his turn as Zod would be a tough act to follow, and that he "nailed" the role. "Oh wow. Well, I’m sure he’s going to be fantastic because it’s a fantastic role," he responded. "All I can say is he needs to be very present. When I walked onto that set I’d been an ashram for a year, learning to separate orgasm from ejaculation. I was rechannelling the lifeforce and I hadn’t been working, and when I walked on the set, it seemed like everyone was asleep, but I was so, so ready. The only guy who was really up for it was Brando -- he totally understood where I was coming from." Hear that Shannon? I hope you cleaned the pipes before arriving on set. For the full interview click the link below.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/marrakech-12-terence-stamp-on-destiny-vanity-and-how-to-play-general-zod-20121211?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&page=2#blogPostHeaderPanel

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2012, 12:20:01 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Jolt17/news/?a=71286

Worldwide Release Schedule for Zack Snyder's MAN OF STEEL Revealed

With a thanks to the Man of Steel Fans Twitter account for the heads-up, check out the complete list of worldwide release dates for the highly-anticipated reboot below, and see when Zack Snyder's Man of Steel will soar into theaters in your country.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #191 on: December 15, 2012, 10:28:01 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=71303

Casting Call For THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Confirms Shooting Dates

Details on The Amazing Spider-Man sequel have been slowly, but surely coming in. With some new additions to the cast like Jamie Foxx(Electro) Shailene Woodley (Mary-Jane) and Dane DeHaan (Harry Osborn), it will be interesting to see just where exactly Marc Webb is planning on taking the film. The first official casting call for the film, working under the title London Calling, has been released, and is looking for a stand it for Woodley's Mary-Jane.

SAG-AFTRA Stand In- Shailene Woodley
London Calling
Stand-in / Female / Caucasian / 18 – 26
Grant Wilfley Casting is seeking: SAG-AFTRA Caucasian Female, 18-20s age range, approximately 5’7-5’9, very slim, reddish hair. This is for Stand In work for Shailene Woodley for a Camera Test. If selected you may be asked to stand in for her the entire film, February- July.

Another important bit of info on the casting call is the film dates. While it has been rumored for sometime, it now looks as if we have confirmation that the film will indeed start filming in February and last through July. So far the only confirmed shooting location is London.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #192 on: December 16, 2012, 12:28:20 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=71357

IRON MAN 3 Is A “Dark Comedy” Says James Badge Dale

Making the cover of this month's Glow Magazine issue, James Badge Dale discussed the number of big movies he has forthcoming, from The Lone Ranger to Iron Man 3. And when asked about playing one of the villains in the latter 2013 Marvel sequel, via Just Jared, the actor explained:

“I had a great time. I went from riding a horse in the desert for The Lone Ranger, tossed my dogs in a car and went to Iron Man 3 with guys in robot suits. IM3 is really a dark comedy with a little bit of farce. The trick is to be able to have the audience relate to you. Director Shane Black gave me a long leash. We had a great time. Robert Downey Jr. loves the process of acting and loves to be creative with a director and his fellow actors.” About his other future projects, “I’m close to a deal with a film in Austin, Texas. If it works out I’ll throw the dogs in the car and head down. Just hope there are no horses involved. I still have horse smell in my jeans from The Lone Ranger. I’m a city boy with a metro card. I prefer the subway.”

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: December 16, 2012, 12:43:45 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=71340

Funeral Scene Alluded To In New Casting Call For THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Sequel

Seemingly keeping Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2 (2004) relevant as the only Spider-Man movie without a funeral scene, a new casting call has just surfaced for the second installment to director Marc Webb's Amazing 2014 sequel. Once again courtesy of On Location Vacations, under the working title London Calling, the call also reveals exact shooting dates and vaguely what scenes will entail.

SAG-AFTRA Featured Friends & Family Mourners (Feb 14th)
London Calling
2/14/2013

Background / Male or Female / All Ethnicities /18 – 70

Grant Wilfley Casting is seeking: SAG-AFTRA Men & Women, 18-70 age range, to portray Friends & Family Mourning at a Funeral/ Wake. The scene is scheduled to film February 14th, 2013. This is very featured & I will be submitting photos to the Director.

SAG-AFTRA Core Scientists, Engineers, Technicians (multiple dates)
London Calling

Background / Male or Female / All Ethnicities /22 – 65

Grant Wilfley Casting is seeking: SAG-AFTRA Men & Women, 20s-60s age range, all ethnicities to portray a Core Group of Scientists, Technicians, Engineers, etc. This will be multiple days work between March & July. No exact dates yet & we will be rotating people. We will be submitting photos to the Director.

The next installment of The Amazing Spider-Man stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Sally Field, Dane DeHaan, Jamie Foxx and Shailene Woodley. The screenplay is by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner based on a previous draft by James Vanderbilt. The film will be directed by Marc Webb and produced by Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach. The untitled new film in the Spider-Man saga is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014. Production will begin in early 2013 in New York.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #194 on: December 16, 2012, 10:45:47 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=71367

Robert Downey Jr. Talks IRON MAN 3; Praises Shane Black, Jon Favreau And Sir Ben Kingsley

Just hours ago, Robert Downey Jr. attended a sit-down chat at the 24 hour Cinefamily Telethon, which was streamed live. And while “opening a time capsule left for him at the theatre many years ago,” the two-time Oscar-nominated actor discussed his next outing as billionaire Tony Stark/ Marvel’s Armored Avenger in Iron Man 3. When asked about director Shane Black, Downey began:

“I adore him. I’ve been a fan of Shane Black since I saw Lethal Weapon. When we were doing the first Iron Man, Jon Favreau and I used to call up Shane Black. We had two lifeline calls; one was to [Star Trek Into Darkness director] J.J. Abrams, which was about the third act [of Iron Man]. And for the other call, we went to Shane’s house. We couldn’t afford him, so in exchange for helping us with a few key scenes, he asked for a piece of Salmon and fresh blueberries.”

Recalling Shane's contribution, the Kiss Kiss Bang Bang actor continued, “For instance, in the Iron Man scene where Tony Stark comes back from captivity and calls a press conference, and then asked everybody to sit down, the speech Stark gives all came from Shane Black. So to get him to do Iron Man 3, it has just been this awesome experience and one of my favorite working experiences. Iron Man 3 is going to be a very, very bold genre film, from the storytelling.”

“Jon Favreau reprises his role as Happy Hogun,” said Downey, after acknowledging that Favreau’s no longer in the director’s chair. “Happy has an amazing arc in this movie. In fact, probably the best two bits of acting in the movie, so far from what I can tell...which sucks because I’m in every frame, are Favreau as Happy Hogun...I can’t give away much, but it’s ridiculous. And also Sir Ben Kingsley [as the Mandarin]. Kingsley is amazing. And a lot of that had to do with the way that Shane crafted the role for Sir Ben. I think that people are gonna be not [totally] surprised, but they’re gonna be just reinvested in what a brilliant actor Kinglsey is.”

Back on the subject of Iron Man 3’s co-writer and helmer, Robert Downey Jr. concluded, “Shane Black really knows the superhero genre, but I think the main thing [that’s great about him] is that he’s always looking at complexities within complexities [and so on]. And he always likes it when a film kinda stops for a reason you can’t understand and then kinda picks up and goes in a direction you’ve never imagined. Usually when you have a straight-forward narrative, if at act 1, 2 or 3, ‘There’s Tony, Tony’s in trouble, where’s Pepper, Tony wins,’” Downey laughed. “By the time we were doing the 2nd one, I was like ‘where’s Pepper.’ Shane is just a genius!”

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2012, 11:13:33 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=71431

Samuel L. Jackson Speaks On A NICK FURY Movie; Confirms Bigger Role In CAPTAIN AMERICA 2

During the press junket for Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, CS.net/SHH sat down with actor Samuel L. Jackson to discuss his role in the upcoming spaghetti western. And ultimately, Jackson wound up talking about his Nick Fury role from The Avengers, among other Marvel films, and whether a solo movie for the S.H.I.E.L.D. Director would be necessary. The veteran actor offered:

“Everybody likes a franchise character. Bruce (Willis) had his and Sylvester Stallone had Rocky, so I like coming back to Nick Fury. Nick Fury's a great guy. I think a lot of people know that. I know him as something else because I've been alive longer than most of the fans that watch the movies so I know Nick Fury as the World War II veteran and all that stuff. It might be interesting to do one day but we find out little bits and pieces about Nick and we're going into 'Captain America 2' in late March.”

Near the end of Samuel L. Jackson's interview with CS.net/SHH, the Academy Award-nominated actor apparently confirmed that Nick Fury “does indeed have a bigger role in Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” rather than a cameo, similar to Iron Man 2.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #196 on: December 17, 2012, 11:35:18 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=71449

Jack Huston Confirms Auditioning For ‘Star-Lord’ Role In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

While a few actors who made Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy‘Star-Lard’ shortlist are committing to other big projects, seemingly slimming their chances to none, contender and Boardwalk Empire actor Jack Huston recently told MTV News that he's more than capable; even after sustaining a broken rib while filming Not Fade Away. Check out exactly what he said in the video! 

“There was a screen test. Like I said, brittle bones. Maybe they'll call me Glass Man. 'Here he comes. Oh, he fell over,'” Jack Huston joked. But jokes aside, he said, “I would love to do it. I tell you, these bones are strong. If you need a guardian to look after this galaxy, look no further.”

About Jack Huston's fellow ‘Peter Quill’ contenders, Garrett Hundley recently announced his commitment to Tron 3, while Joel Edgerton is filming Felony and just signed on for Jane Got a Gun. And as reported earlier today, Eddie Redmayne has just joined Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending. Of course, these other obligations wouldn't exactly rule them out of winning the role. Anyhow, the list also includes Jim Sturgess, Lee Pace, James Marsden and Sullivan Stapleton.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2012, 10:18:25 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=71492

BSG Actor James Callis Lands Guest-Starring Role In ARROW

Having recently aired its midseason finale, The CW's Arrow will return on January 16th at 8 PM EST. In the meantime, we have another bit of casting news for the DC Comics series. According to TV Guide, Battlestar Galactica actor James Callis has been cast in a guest-starring role on an upcoming episode. He will play "The Dodger", who is described as "an elusive international jewel thief who imposes his plans on the innocent, forcing them to carry out his crimes under duress. When the Sherwood Ruby goes missing in Starling City, the ensuing investigation leads Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Diggle (David Ramsey) straight to The Dodger, but apprehending him won't be as easy as they may have thought." No word on whether or not this is supposed to be the same Dodger as the one in the comics; that character was a villain-turned-ally of Green Arrow. The Arrow episode featuring Dodger is slated to air sometime in 2013.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #198 on: December 22, 2012, 09:04:06 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=71514

Hugh Jackman Officially Joins X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Earlier this month Hugh Jackman confirmed to MTV that he was chatting with his former X-Men director, Bryan Singer, about reprising his Wolverine role in "X-Men: Days of Future Past." At that time Jackman was coy about how much involvement Singer was planning for his character, as he only had a cameo in X-Men: First Class... though it was quite memorable.

Bryan Singer•✔
@BryanSinger

I would officially like to welcome @RealHughJackman to the cast of #Xmen Days of Future Past. Very excited! More to come...

18 Dec 12•Reply
•Retweet
•Favorite

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #199 on: December 22, 2012, 09:27:57 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=70988

Ian McKellen Speculates That X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Will Be Shot In 3D And 48FPS

Talking to Movies Are My Jam while promoting the release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Sir Ian McKellen has revealed that Bryan Singer was such a fan of what Peter Jackson has done in regards to 3D and the 48 Frames Per Second format, that he wouldn't be at all surprised to see the highly anticipated sequel to Matthew Vaughn's 2011 movie also shot in that way. Purely speculation at this point, but an exciting thought nonetheless. He also talks a little about Twitter (you can find him at @IanMcKellen) and his enthusiasm to return to the world of the X-Men. Check out the video.