Author Topic: Upcoming Marvel and DC movies  (Read 499443 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Upcoming Marvel and DC movies
« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2013, 05:09:20 AM »
Thor 2 trailer

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #251 on: May 12, 2013, 10:47:39 PM »
S.H.I.E.L.D. tv series

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #252 on: May 15, 2013, 11:05:29 AM »
iron man 3 was terrible. first half was pretty good. second half was just over the top garbage.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #253 on: May 18, 2013, 08:53:16 PM »
S.H.I.E.L.D. Trailer

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #254 on: May 23, 2013, 09:36:53 PM »
Quicksilver!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/american-horror-story-star-joins-555404

Bryan Singer confirms that Evan Peters will portray Quicksilver in the sequel.

American Horror Story breakout Evan Peters has joined the cast of X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Director Bryan Singer made the announcement Thursday via Twitter, breaking the news that the young actor will portray Quicksilver in the upcoming Fox movie, which combines two X-Men franchises.

"Before he was an #Avenger, he was just a REALLY fast kid. Thrilled to say #EvanPeters is joining #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast as #Quicksilver," Singer wrote.

Quicksilver is the son of villain Magneto, who appeared in Issue No. 4 of Marvel's X-Men comic. The speedster later became a member of The Avengers, with his sister the Scarlet Witch.

The casting poses an interesting conundrum for the Marvel universe. Writer-director Joss Whedon recently confirmed that Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch would be part of Avengers 2, being produced by Marvel Studios -- a rival production company to Fox. The casting potentially opens the door to a rare studio crossover.

The film also features First Class castmembers Michael Fassbender and Nicholas Hoult, with original X-Men trilogy actors Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore on board to reprise their roles. Peter Dinklage is playing an unspecified villain.

Days of Future Past is scheduled to hit theaters July 18, 2014.

For his part, Peters has been one of the breakout stars of FX's anthology American Horror Story. He's set to return for the rebooted witch-themed third season, subtitled Coven, when the Ryan Murphy drama returns in October. He's one of the few actors to have appeared in all three seasons.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #255 on: May 23, 2013, 09:51:47 PM »
Oh, Just Andrew Garfield Playing Basketball In Full Spiderman Attire In Chinatown

http://coed.com/2013/05/21/oh-just-andrew-garfield-playing-basketball-in-full-spiderman-attire-in-chinatown-video/

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #256 on: May 23, 2013, 09:56:41 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #257 on: June 03, 2013, 05:45:01 PM »
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/benicio-del-toro-joins-marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy-1200491310/

Marvel continues to add some interesting acting clout to its space-set superhero fantasy “Guardians of the Galaxy,” with Benicio Del Toro the latest thesp to join the growing cast.

The character Del Toro would play has not yet to be revealed.

Like most actors that sign up to star in Marvel’s films, Del Toro’s deal will involve multiple films.

Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Glenn Close, John C. Reilly and Dave Bautista also star, while “Doctor Who’s” Karen Gillan recently signed on to play a female villain.

James Gunn (“Super”) is directing “Guardians,” which Disney will release Aug. 1, 2014.

“Guardians” revolves around a U.S pilot who bands with a group of ex-cons from other planets after he’s thrust in the middle of a universal conflict. Marvel is positioning the film as its own “Star Wars.”

Del Toro will next be seen in “Jimmy P,” which bowed at the Cannes Film Festival.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #258 on: June 06, 2013, 11:53:39 AM »
Nokia trailer for Man of Steel

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: June 06, 2013, 09:21:29 PM »
Nokia trailer for Man of Steel

The Superman movie is gonna be badass!!!!!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #260 on: June 16, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelStudios/news/?a=81531

Joss Whedon's AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Filmed On Location In Paris, France

They've just posted the interview today but GQ(Uk) caught up with Joss Whedon back in February to discuss a number of topics but for our purposes, the most interesting parts of the conversation pertain to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Joss confirmed that some of the show was shot on location in Paris, France. "I was in Paris last week finishing shooting the S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, edited the entire thing, sent it to the network, and then came here. So basically I'm a wreck," said Whedon of his busy February schedule. Whedon also bluntly states that Agent Coulson is the focus of the show. "[Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.] basically opens with the idea that since The Avengers things have changed. Now everybody knows that there are gods and monsters, and what is the world like," asked Whedon. He continued, "[Clark Gregg] is the star of the show. It was part of the genesis of it: you know what makes this tick is this guy. And then there was all the "but didn't you make him stop ticking?" But all will be revealed…"

There's a bit more talk about Joss' role as Phase II Consultant but it's mostly rhetoric we've heard before. He acknowledges that he has some input in the other Phase II films but admits that the broad elements of Avengers II are already in place while plotting the other Phase II films so much of the coordinating has already been completed. When the conversation turned to Star Wars and director J.J. Abrams, Whedon offered up, "I have to say, I think [J.J. Abrams'] perfect to be doing Star Wars and I don't think he needs my advice." He continued, comparing Star Wars and Avengers, acknowledging that, "They're different beasts. Star Wars you have an "in" that is not even based on the characters. With the Marvel movies, I give a lot of credit to them for getting people in theatres to see a film like Thor, because who knows about Thor that isn't a comic book geek or Norse?" Whedon went on to elaborate, "You still have to earn it [with a Marvel film]. With Star Wars, if the prequel proved anything it's that you don't have to earn it. I think JJ is the kind of guy who will know where the line is: where you must be completely faithful and when you must bring in something completely new."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #261 on: June 16, 2013, 03:55:17 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=81594

UPDATE: New Suit In CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Spotted In Latest Set Photos

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #262 on: June 16, 2013, 04:02:35 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=81671

New Love Interest For Oliver In ARROW Season 2

The first season of The CW's Arrow saw a number of love interests for Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell). There was of course, Sara Lance (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) and her sister, Laurel (Katie Cassidy). And there was also Huntress (Jessica De Gouw), McKenna Hall (Janina Gavankar), Shado (Celina Jade), and while there wasn't much romantic interaction between them, there's also fan favorite Felicity Smoak played by Emily Bett Rickards ('Olicity', look it up). And with the explosive season finale leaving the relationship between Oliver and Laurel in a very precarious situation, there's a new report that yet another woman will enter Oliver's life to complicate matters. Reports Spoiler TV, "Arrow is currently casting for a new major recurring character/possible series regular for Season 2. Here name is Lisa and is described as a mysterious woman with a tragic past. She will wreak havoc on Oliver's heart and is equal to Oliver in every way."

'Lisa' is probably just a cover name so as to not give away the character's identity during the casting process. And in trying to think of a DC Comics femme fatale who fits that brief description, I've hit a bit of a brick wall as all the 'likely' candidates have already appeared on the show. The bit that she's 'equal to Oliver in every way' makes me believe that she'll be a serious butt kicker. Lady Shiva rings a bell but that's just my personal speculation, we shouldn't rule out the possibility that it's a newly created character. Regardless, it appears that Oliver's love life will be just as interesting in Season 2 as it was in the first 23 episodes.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #263 on: June 16, 2013, 04:07:52 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=80019

ARROW Season Two Will Feature 2 Main Baddies

In a new interview with TV Guide, Arrow Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim looks ahead to the second season of The CW's Arrow. Specifically, the discussion centered around the type of adversaries Oliver will face moving forward. While the first season featured a plethora of "villain of the week" adversaries for Oliver, the main antagonist was Malcolm Merlyn played by John Barrowman. In season two, there will of course be more, "smaller" antagonists for Arrow to face but this time there will be TWO "Malcolm Merlyn-type" ne'er-do-wells plaguing Starling City. Said Guggenheim:

"We made no secret of the fact that we subscribe to the Whedonesque model of having a big bad, and in Season 2, we'll actually have two big bads. They'll both be very recognizable names to fans of the comic book. We're really excited about both of them. With Malcolm and the Dark Archer, we sort of had two big bads in one person. In Season 2, we're going to split them up essentially, and there will be a Malcolm-esque big bad and a Dark Archer-esque big bad."

What are the odds that the Dark Archer-esque villain is Slade Wilson (Manu Bennet) aka Deathstroke? Guggenheim acknowledged that Slade Wilson will definitley be a Season Two focus.

"If the question of Season 1 is, 'What happened to Oliver on that island?' The question of Season 2 is, 'What happened to Slade Wilson on that island?'"

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #264 on: June 17, 2013, 09:38:55 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=81594

UPDATE: New Suit In CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Spotted In Latest Set Photos

i like it.

Reminds me of the Al McGuiness run suit with a mix of his suit when he ran shield.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #265 on: June 18, 2013, 11:13:17 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ComicMovieBuzz/news/?a=81753

Is This The Image Of CHRISTOPHER REEVE In MAN OF STEEL?

Earlier today I wrote an editorial exploring that I thought I had caught a brief glimpse of Christopher Reeves in Zack Snyder's incredible Man of Steel. A few hours later a few low resolution images surfaced. Hit the jump to make up your own mind...

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #266 on: June 19, 2013, 06:02:16 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=81811

Stephen Amell Says Bigger Characters Than Green Arrow Appearing In ARROW Season 2

"The thing that makes me most excited about the show is that when we were up shooting the pilot, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim came to me with ideas for Season One - 'Here's where we're looking at taking Season One.' All of these things happened, all of these fleshed out ideas ended up taking place. They sat me down [again] after my last post-production work for Season One back in Los Angeles and Andrew Kreisberg sat me down and gave me the big pitch and then after I got the pitch he went 'OK, here's the game-changer.' And the game-changer is a 'game-changer.' I can't say [specifics] but it's something and some people that aren't just familiar to DC Comics fans...they're like...more familiar than Green Arrow."

Now Amell was careful not to give away any specifics but his words and his body language leads me to believe that we're going to see some MAJOR DC Comics characters in Season Two. With the first season being such a success, it's entirely possible that Warner Bros. has decided to become more lenient with who's available and who's off the table in terms of their DC characters. Remember, there currently isn't a Batman film in the works and the network is already actively retooling their Wonder Woman pilot. It's entirely possible that Diana of Themyscira is being retooled to spin more organically out of Arrow. Either way, I'm hoping we'll have more definitive reveals at this year's San Diego Comic Con which producer Andrew Kreisberg has confirmed to me that they'll be attending.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #267 on: June 19, 2013, 06:46:06 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=81879

Sony Reportedly Looking For New Actress To Play 'Mary Jane' In THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3

Earlier today, it was revealed that Shailene Woodley's scenes from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 had been cut from the movie. Director Marc Webb would later release a statement in which he revealed that he made this decision in order to focus on the relationship between Peter (Andrew Garfield) and Gwen (Emma Stone). Well, despite saying that "we all love working with her", The Hollywood Reporter has revealed the following in their report on The Descendants actress no longer appearing in the sequel: "It is likely that Woodley will not return and that the part will be recast." However, rather than it being a case of the studio not being happy with her performance as Mary Jane Watson, The Wrap adds: "Woodley will likely be busy with the sequels to her upcoming sci-fi movie "Divergent" and may not be available, so the role may have to be recast."

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20130619/b431619/

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #268 on: June 19, 2013, 11:06:42 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=81883

Awesome MAN OF STEEL Concept & Style Guide Art For Superman, General Zod & Faora

Conceptual illustrator, Warren Manser, has contributed on past comic book movies, like Thor and Daredevil, and now he has released his concept and style guide art for Zack Snyder's Man of Steel.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #269 on: June 20, 2013, 09:33:15 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=81947

FOX Moves Up X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Release

Twentieth Century Fox has announced, through its updated 2014 release schedule, new dates for the studios' major tent-poles. One of the notable changes reveal that Dawn of the Planet of the Apes has swapped summer release dates with X-Men: Days of Future Past. While the Apes sequel is now set for release on July 18, 2014, the X-Men "In-between-quel" will unleash on May 23, 2014, which is just three weeks after Sony premieres The Amazing Spider-Man 2 on May 2, 2014. In the meantime, X-Men: Days of Future Past is currently filming in Montral, Canada, and the Bryan Singer-directed mutant ensemble stars Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Patrick Stewart, Michael Fassbender, Ian McKellen, Nicholas Hoult, Omar Sy, Peter Dinklage, Halle Berry, Adan Canto, Fan Bingbing, Anna Paquin, Evan Peters, Daniel Cudmore, Ellen Page and Booboo Stewart.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #270 on: June 23, 2013, 06:40:23 PM »
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-zack-snyder-wants-mark-strong-lex-luthor-man-steel-2

Exclusive: Zack Snyder Wants Mark Strong As Lex Luthor For Man of Steel 2

With Man of Steel tipping the scales domestically at over $200 million it seems a sequel is more than likely, with lots of talk surrounding that.

Both director Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill have stated they want more Superman before the Justice League movie, as well as mention of Big Blue taking the lead in the JL film as well.

There has also been a rather large development at Warner Bros. in regards to WB Movie president Jeff Robinov apparently leaving; just how that affects the DC movies remains to be seen.

Chatting with our DC Entertainment source, we were told the following.

Robinov was a big DC supporter; depends what the new guy at the top thinks, but the source is pretty sure all of WB will get behind the DCCU after Man of Steel.

We were told a tidbit regarding General Swanwick in the Man of Steel as the character was originally General Lane, and that is how Lois got access to Superman when he surrendered. They changed it around and replaced General Lane with General Swanwick played by Harry Lennix.

The source says it's been said that filming for the Man of Steel sequel will be begin next year, and Mark Strong is wanted for Lex Luthor by Zack Snyder. Expect pre-production to start coming together by October-December.

David Goyer is hard at work on a first draft of the screenplay for Man of Steel 2. The source says Chris Nolan is sort of overseeing the script/story, but may not have as much input as before as he is focusing on his new film project, Interstellar.

The source noted he would personally like Jonathan Nolan to help Goyer with the screenplay.

Also, David Goyer has a short treatment for Justice League, but there is no story or script so far.

Our DC Entertainment source previously provided us information on the Man of Steel including the bus crash scene that was featured in the movie and more.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2013, 10:10:07 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=82407

Joss Whedon Teases Quicksilver And Scarlet Witch's "Huge" Role In THE AVENGERS 2

As you will already know by now, Bryan Singer and 20th Century Fox created a fair bit of controversy when it was revealed that they also had plans for the character of Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Regardless, that hasn't stopped The Avengers 2 director Joss Whedon from forging on with his plans to use him and his sister the Scarlet Witch, and at the Saturn Awards, Whedon would reveal that they do indeed play a major role in the movie. "It's a huge part of the movie, I'm really excited about it and I don't know what they're doing. I'm determinedly not knowing. They'll do their thing and I have to do mine." This shouldn't really come as too much of a surprise. While Singer reportedly only wants Quicksilver for a single action sequence, Marvel Studios and Joss Whedon clearly have big plans for his and the Scarlet Witch's introduction to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #272 on: July 01, 2013, 10:29:05 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=82473

Karen Gillan Briefly Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Like many things surrounding Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy adaptation, Karen Gillan's role in the forthcoming cosmic extravaganza is currently unknown. While reports implied that Gillan's character would be a main villain, the Doctor Who alum attended the Edinburgh Film Festival, where she offered Scotsman a bit about her involvement. “I can’t really say anything about it other than my character is really bad. My hands are more tied on this than they were on Dr Who!”

From Nebula, Medusa and Nikki Gold to Thanos' beloved Death, and new Marvel character Angela, speculation has been rampant about which baddie Karen Gillan is playing in the Guardians film. However, with the James Gunn-directed production starting last week (for scenes involving "Kyln inmates"), Marvel may announce filming's commencement tomorrow, along with a synopsis, the film's cast and their characters, and perhaps reveal a first production photo.

Starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Ophelia Lovibond, John C. Reilly, Enzo Cilenti, Lee Pace, Karen Gillan and Glenn Close with Benicio Del Toro, Guardians of the Galaxy is written & directed by James Gunn, and is set to be released in theaters on August 1, 2014.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #273 on: July 08, 2013, 11:24:33 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=82770

Colton Haynes Reveals 'ARROW' Season 2 Opens With A Timeskip

"It's completely different," said Colton Haynes when asked to compare MTV's "Teen Wolf" to The CW's "Arrow." He continued, "'Teen Wolf' is about a lot of close, special relationships and sfx makeup. With 'Arrow,' there are really great relationships but it's on a really massive scale, we have cranes flying, and at any point there's so many cameras filming, there's just a great budget and the show's just had great success due to their comic book fans and due to DC. We're able to do so many different things with 'Arrow.' We're able to shoot so many things, some of it doesn't even make it on to tv." Haynes goes on to discuss some of the scenes that were left on the cutting room floor, particularly a few scenes between Roy and Thea Queen (Willa Holland). In fact, Haynes says that the second season premiere has a timeskip and that Roy and Thea's relationship is pretty defined. In looking ahead to how their relationship will develop over the course of the second season, Colton says an interesting dynamic will be which one of the couple will find out that Oliver (Stephen Amell) is really Arrow first? If Roy finds out first, does he keep that from Thea and vice versa?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #274 on: July 09, 2013, 09:47:07 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=82836

Lee Pace & Karen Gillan's Roles In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Revealed

Den Of Geek's source has provided confirmation of two much-speculated-upon roles in Marvel's space set Guardians Of The Galaxy, which is currently into its first week of shooting in the UK. The site first "confirm" our earlier SCOOP (thanks guys) that Benicio del Toro will play The Collector, but also reveal that Lee Pace is definitely going to be playing Ronan The Accuser (a member of alien race The Kree, who has the potential to switch sides in the movie), and Karen Gillan will be playing Nebula (a space pirate who claims to be the granddaughter of Thanos).