Author Topic: Upcoming Marvel and DC movies  (Read 500575 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Upcoming Marvel and DC movies
« Reply #275 on: July 10, 2013, 04:39:32 PM »
http://www.eonline.com/news/437670/arrow-season-2-scoop-summer-glau-to-guest-star-as-classic-dc-comics-character?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories

Arrow Season 2 Scoop: Summer Glau to Guest Star as Classic DC Comics Character

Watch your back, Oliver (Stephen Amell), there's a new villain coming to town!

Production on Arrow's highly-anticipated second season kicked off this week in Vancouver and we just got our hands on some seriously awesome casting news that will make fans even more excited for the CW breakout hit's return in October. Firefly and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles star Summer Glau is set to join the series in a recurring role. Go on, geek out!

Glau will take on the role of Isabel Rochev, the enigmatically beautiful and professionally dangerous Vice President of Aquisitions of Stellmoor International, a company looking to take over Queen Consolidated.

While fans have yet to hear much about Isabel on the series (her name was briefly seen on Robert's list of people who have corrupted, or as Oliver would say "failed," Starling City), readers of the original comics are surely buzzing over her introduction in season two.

From a small village in Siberia where she worked in a diamond mine, Isabel fell in love with Robert Queen and became determined to make something of herself. After Robert's death years later, she becomes the CEO of Queen Industries, corrupts Star City and is keen on seeing Oliver dead.

Isabel believed she was the true love of Robert's life, so much so that she was known to wear his wife's wedding ring. Moira (Susanna Thompson), you better watch your company and your jewels, which may be hard to do from behind bars.

Of course, Arrow has strayed from the original DC Comics, so who knows what version of the character Glau will be tackling.

Glau has long been a genre fan favorite, thanks to her iconic role as River in Joss Whedon's short-lived but cult hit Firefly, as well as her turn as Cameron, a Terminator, in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. She has also made memorable guest appearances on Hawaii Five-0, Dollhouse, Grey's Anatomy and Chuck.

In the season one finale of Arrow, Oliver defeated Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) aka the Dark Archer, but only after half of the city was destroyed, resulting in his best friend Tommy's (Colin Donnell) tragic death.

Amell recently posted a video teasing season two on his Facebook page, saying, "It's going to be so much fun."

Arrow returns for its second season on Oct. 9 on the CW.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #276 on: July 10, 2013, 05:04:53 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #277 on: July 10, 2013, 09:42:46 PM »
Level 7 Access

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #278 on: July 11, 2013, 08:15:25 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=83076

New Details On Marvel's AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D & Coulson's Resurrection

Ahead of next week's SDCC panel, EW have managed to uncover some new details on Marvel's upcoming tv series, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. The site reveal a couple of very interesting things about Agent Coulson's (Clark Gregg) return too, so if you don't mind mild SPOILERS:

1. The pilot hints at how mild-mannered kick-ass bureaucrat Agent Coulson (Clarke Gregg) was resurrected to lead the team after being killed off in The Avengers (his S.H.I.E.L.D. colleagues say he must “never know the truth” about his death). Yet you’ll have to keep watching to learn the full story. “We can’t wait to pull the curtain back on that,” says co-creator Jed Whedon. “[But] we’re going to take our time.”

2. The S.H.I.E.L.D. story will work in tandem with the Marvel films, both past and upcoming. In fact, the first episode will pick up a storyline that’s familiar from one of the Marvel hits — and it’s not The Avengers. “We plan on trying to weave in between the films and try to make them more rewarding on both ends,” says Jed Whedon, who points out the trick is to make the audience not ask a certain fanboy-bar-fight-style question: “In any of these [episodes], you can always ask: ‘Why don’t they just call Iron Man?’” Yeah, that would be annoying! So our next question is: Why don’t they just call Iron Man? “They are aware of each other,” Whedon says of the S.H.I.E.L.D. team and the metal-suited Malibu playboy, “but they do have to have their own lives.”

3. Here’s a question from the Internets that will be answered in the pilot: Does J. August Richards play Rage? Expect that and other revelations at the Comic-Con panel, just not a ton of them. “We’ll finally be able to answer some questions,” says co-creator Maurissa Tancharoen. “Though I’m sure we’ll have to stay on the vague end of the spectrum.”

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #279 on: July 15, 2013, 11:56:26 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=83286

Bryan Singer Confirms Lucas Till's Return As 'Havok' In X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Lucas Till has been hesitant about reprising his X-Men: First Class role as Alex Summers in Days of Future Past, but he was spotted on set last month and Bryan Singer now confirms it was no coincidence.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #280 on: July 16, 2013, 03:04:20 PM »
SHIELD's Fitz and Simmons

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #281 on: July 18, 2013, 07:08:56 PM »
Electro teaser

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #282 on: July 18, 2013, 09:33:56 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/07/18/cws-arrow-casts-the-pacts-caity-lotz-as-black-canary/

CW’s ‘Arrow’ Casts ‘The Pact’s’ Caity Lotz as Black Canary

“The Pact” star Caity Lotz is set to play the Black Canary on The CW’s “Arrow,” TheWrap has learned.

While the Black Canary will start out as a recurring role, Lotz is expected to eventually become a series regular, as her character will be groomed as a love interest for Arrow (Stephen Amell).

The Black Canary is a notable character in the DC Comics franchise, and both The CW and the producers of “Arrow” are high on its potential.

Created by the writer-artist team of Robert Kanigher and Carmine Infantino, the Black Canary is the alter-ego of Dinah Drake. Comic magazine Wizard once ranked Black Canary as the 71st greatest comic book character of all time.

Lotz, who had a recurring role on AMC’s “Mad Men,” also starred on the MTV series “Death Valley.” She’ll soon be seen in Screen Gems’ dance film “Battle of the Year,” as well as the indie movies “The Machine” and “Live at the Foxes Den.”

Lotz’s casting arrives about a week after news broke that “Arrow” had brought on cult character actress Summer Glau in the role of Isobel Rochev, a Queen family friend and also a speculative love interest for Arrow.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #283 on: July 19, 2013, 07:16:04 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=83636

Caity Lotz Is NOT Playing Dinah Drake On ARROW According To Executive Producer

Last night, it was reported that The Pact actress Caity Lotz has joined the Arrow cast for season two. The surprising bit? She was said to be playing Dinah Drake/Black Canary for a recurring role which would eventually turn into a series regular. Many expected Katie Cassidy's Laurel Lance to don the costume of Oliver Queen's most significant love interest. Now, TV Guide confirms that Lotz won't be playing Drake on the show, via executive producer Andrew Kreisberg (who wouldn't reveal who exactly she would be playing).

"There's been a bit of misinformation printed out there and what I would say is, yes, Caity Lotz is joining the show in a recurring role and we're really excited," he tells the site. "She's a tremendously talented actress. The character she's playing is really the beginning of the story of the Black Canary." He also had this to say about her possibly filling the Black Canary role. "The character that Caity is portraying is the beginning of the Black Canary story and we're really excited for the fans to go on the journey with us. So much of our show is about defying expectations, meeting expectations and exceeding expectations, and we really want our fans to experience the show by watching it and enjoying it and enjoying all the twists and turns and surprises the way we intend.

"Everything about our show is about origins and evolution," he continues. "When we met Deathstroke, everyone automatically assumed it was Slade Wilson [Manu Bennett] in the mask, but then we revealed we met Slade Wilson later. With Tommy [Colin Donnell], we thought that that was Merlyn, but Tommy was really the beginning of the Merlyn story because we saw how it evolved to John Barrowman and beyond. Oliver [Stephen Amell] himself, when we first meet him, he's not the Green Arrow yet. The series itself is an evolution of this character." As for whether or not Laurel Lance will become Black Canary, Kreisberg says, "Everyone knows that Laurel Lance is the Black Canary. That's the way it is in the comic books, but how we get from A to B is the story of our show. In the same way that Oliver, when we meet him, is the vigilante, but this season he's going to becoming the Arrow, that's the step of his journey to eventually becoming the Green Arrow. Laurel Lance right now is a lawyer with a lot of heart and a lot of humanity and courage. But it takes more than that to put on the mask and go out and fight crime. Our series is the evolution of that. People will see how Caity Lotz fits into Laurel's journey along the way. For us, it's very emotional and surprising and exciting. I would say to everybody, we haven't let you down so far. Keep going on this ride with us."

Arrow season two premieres on The CW Wednesday, October 9th.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #284 on: July 20, 2013, 04:11:38 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38174

Comic-Con 2013: Batman / Superman Film for 2015?
Flash races in 2016, Justice League may land 2017

Some potentially huge breaking news from inside Comic-Con today: according to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. is set to announce that Henry Cavill’s Man Of Steel Superman will be teaming up with Batman in 2015, followed by a stand-alone Flash film in 2016 and the long-gestating Justice League in 2017.

Zack Snyder is set to direct the Supes/Bats team-up, which will be scripted by Man Of Steel collaborator David S. Goyer.

With Cavill back in the super-suit, the big question remains as to who will play Bruce Wayne/Batman, since Christian Bale has ruled out a return.

There are even fewer details thus far on the Flash and Justice League announcements beyond the release years, but with the Warner Bros./Legendary panel happening as we write this, expect more news to hit fairly soon today.

We have one of our best embedded in Comic-Con’s Hall H, so expect Empire’s team to bring you all the details once we have them…

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #285 on: July 21, 2013, 07:38:35 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38189

Comic-Con 2013: X-Men: Days Of Future Past's Entire Cast Surprises Us

Finishing off The Wolverine panel, Hugh Jackman makes a plea. "One of the great things about being in a movie like this is the chance to do other things, and particularly being able to do smaller more indie movies, and I'd like to introduce you to the director of a film I've got coming up. It's a small movie, won't take long, hopefully Fox won't mind. Ladies and gentlemen, Bryan Singer!"
A surprise panel for X-Men: Days Of Future Past!

And as it turns out, quite a big one. Says Singer, "It's been like a decade. It's been a great journey making X-Men: Days Of Future Past in Montreal. None of the visual effects are complete and we still have a month of shooting to go, but I've put together a little bit of footage."

The big news? It's Wolverine who goes back in time to his younger body, who has to convince the younger Professor X and Magneto to team up and change the future! "You will do for me what I once did for you. Logan, I was a very different man. Guide me. Have patience with me," says Stewart. "Patience isn't my strong suit," says Logan.

We see a shaggy haired Professor X in his wheelchair, looking defeated. Magneto seems to be in an art gallery, and there are scenes of riots in the streets of London. Richard Nixon seems worried, there's a panic room under the White House and Wolverine gets shot repeatedly in the chest.

In the future, the world looks bombed out, the sky blackened, and the straits desperate. Storm, Magneto, Professor X, Rogue, Ice Man and Kitty Pryde seem to be hiding in ruins underground, and the spot where they send a grey-tipped Wolverine back looks almost like a sacrificial altar.

Finally, there's a shot of old Xavier and young Xavier nose-to-nose (in some kind of mind-space? Physically? It's not clear). "Please," begs Stewart of his embittered younger self. "We need you to hope again."

"This is a long table," notes Singer. There are a couple of "writers and producers" who might join us. So here's Simon Kinberg, Lauren Shuler Donner, Hutch Parker, Omar Sy, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Anna Paquin, Halle Berry, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Peter Dinklage, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult and Evan Peters.

"My name is Peter Dinklage and I play Bolivar Trask," says Dinklage simply. Evan Peters says his Quicksilver is "a bit of a spaz" as well as being fast. "He talks fast, moves fast, and everyone is very slow compared to him. He's like always waiting for the guy at the ATM in front to finish." Singer says, "Quicksilver was always a part of this as we were developing it, but it took a while to find the right actor for the role."

"He's got very good genes," says Fassbender. What does Quicksilver wear? "Hideous '70s clothes." "Wow wow wow!" says McAvoy. "I look incredible in this movie."

Jennifer Lawrence says of Mystique, "She's definitely starting to find her journey to the Rebecca Romijn, later Mystique that we know. She's still close to Charles - not geographically; she hasn't seen him in a long time."

"This is an embarrassment of riches," says Jackman. "To work with people from the very first film I ever did, and then to work with these new people, it's incredible."

"It's great to be in California, especially now you've repealed Proposition 8," says McKellen. "Now I'm looking for a husband... It's nice to meet you Michael [Fassbender]."

There are three Oscar winners on the panel, all women: Berry, Lawrence and Paquin. "What I love about Storm is that she's like the earth mother of the group, but she's also a badass when she needs to be. What I hate about Storm is she never gets any love! I mean what's up with Storm? You probably know more about the comic than me - is she asexual and nobody's told me? But I love her: when i got the call it didn't take me a half second to say that I'm in."

For Iceman, Ashmore says, "I think there's going to be some really cool stuff that people don't expect to see, and that they've been possibly waiting to see from these characters."

Omar Sy says, "I play Bishop. He's a guy from the future. He fights for survival, like all of us."

"Being true to the original comics is what's important for us," says Kinberg. "It's about trying to honour those as best we can." "It's only because the comics were written so well that we can spin these stories," says Shuler Donner.

"Look at this panel, the chance to work with not only people I've worked with before but the ensemble in the past, and all for the man who gave me my first job. Every day I'm grateful," says Jackman, who claims that he walked around town today in his full costume and prompted only comments of "Not bad" and "Way too tall!"

X-Men: Days Of Future Past is out in the US on May 23.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #286 on: July 21, 2013, 07:44:25 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20130721/b441039/

Avengers Sequel Gets a Name at Comic-Con: Avengers: Age of Ultron

Brace yourselves, Avengers fans!

Joss Whedon, the writer and director behind Avengers surprised fans at Comic-Con on Saturday in San Diego by revealing the superhero action sequel's title:  Avengers: Age of Ultron.

The second installment of the superhero franchise is set to star  Robert Downey Jr.,  Mark Ruffalo,  Chris Evans,  Chris Hemsworth,  Scarlett Johansson,  Jeremy Renner,  Anthony Mackie,  Aaron Taylor-Johnson and  Samuel L. Jackson.

Whedon announced the title by showing a trailer featuring audio clips from the first film along with a piece of metal that formed on the screen to then reveal the head of the robotic villain Ultron, a creation of Ant-Man. The clip closed with the reveal of the title  The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Fans also learned the flick will hit theaters on May 1, 2015.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #287 on: July 22, 2013, 10:28:01 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.guy-brother-blood-coming-to-arrow/

Comic-Con: Bronze Tiger, Brother Blood Coming to ‘Arrow’

SAN DIEGO (AP) — There are two new residents moving to Starling City — and they’re no friends of “Arrow.”

The addition of a pair of villains based on characters from the DC Comics universe was announced Saturday at the Comic-Con presentation for the crime-fighting CW series “Arrow.”

“Spawn” star Michael Jai White will play Ben Turner, a claw-wielding Suicide Squad assassin known as Bronze Tiger. He’ll form an alliance with China White, the alabaster-haired villainess played by Kelly Hu. “True Blood” and “Southland” actor Kevin Alejandro will portray Sebastian Blood, a savvy politician based on the “New Teen Titans” baddie Brother Blood.

“Arrow” star Stephen Amell was joined on Saturday’s panel by co-stars David Ramsey, Colton Haynes, Emily Bett Rickards and Katie Cassidy, as well as executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg.

The panel launched with a trailer for the second season showing Amell’s Oliver Queen contemplating a new nickname and a butt-kicking masked woman believed to be the Black Canary, the famous DC Comics heroine and Arrow love interest.

Kreisberg hinted that “one of the things we’re doing this season is we’re telling the beginning of the Black Canary story” but wouldn’t say which character would be underneath the mask.

The second season of “Arrow” premieres Oct. 9.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #288 on: July 31, 2013, 08:35:01 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=84549

THE FLASH Will Have His Classic Costume In New CW Series; More Details Revealed

In a conference call earlier today about CW's upcoming take on The Flash, it was confirmed that Barry Allen will feature in three episodes of Arrow, starting with eight and nine (both of which will take place in Starling City). However, he will later return for number twenty and it will be that which offers fans their first look at his world, thereby serving as a backdoor pilot for his own series. "When we first meet Barry Allen, he's just a forensic scientist...an ordinary man," Kreisberg confirmed, adding that the character and series will be grounded in the same reality as Arrow. "Part of the fun for the audience is to see how we view our Arrow take on the Flash legacy. Some of it will feel very familiar to DC Comics, some of it hopefully will feel different, fresh and exciting. The same way we approached Arrow is the same way we're approaching Barry."

As for how they are going about introducing a superpowered character to the realistic world of Arrow, Kreisberg was quick to point out that they've already thought of that and have something planned which will fit in tonally with what's come before. "There will be extraordinary events in the world and the characters will react in the same way. The fact he has superpowers, there's something more relatable about Barry among of the Big Seven of the Justice League. He got his powers by accident; he's not a god, he's not an alien...his reactions to that feel very...human and grounded." Geoff Johns was also on hand to answer questions and had this to say about this interpretation of Barry. "We're also exploring a very personal story for Barry, life as forensic scientist and the people around him, the tragedies and how he deals with them in a very different way than Oliver Queen." He would later add that they're still working on how Barry's powers will be portrayed, but it won't be just "blurring around." It was also confirmed that The Flash will have his classic costume, with Kreisberg saying: "No sweat suits or strange code names; he will be The Flash. We want to do something fresh, new and exciting and give people a real cinematic experience the same way we did with Arrow."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #289 on: July 31, 2013, 08:40:57 PM »
Trask Industries commercial

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #290 on: August 02, 2013, 11:46:02 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38341

Bryan Singer Poses With A Days Of Future Past Sentinel

Looks like Bryan Singer found some serious muscle to back him up if anyone disagreed with his directing decisions on X-Men: Days Of Future Past, or had a problem with him taking pictures for Twitter every other day… Some seriously BIG muscle. In the shape of a Trask Industries sentinel ‘bot.

After posting endless shots of the X-Men and other elements from the movie, Singer has waited until the Trask Industries site was unveiled to show off the impressive and imposing physical model of the mutant-hunting Sentinel robot, one of several that will be cropping up in the movie’s dark alternate future.

Standing at a towering 18 feet tall, the Sentinel is named Larry and was found during an open casting call held in Alberta, Canada. He usually fills his days carving wood sculptures of the cast of Dynasty. Only one of those things is true (hint: it’s the Dynasty bit).

The Sentinels, which will be brought to life primarily via CG, are the creation of Peter Dinklage’s Bolivar Trask, a man who believes mutants are the biggest threat to mankind since, well, mankind itself. In the apocalyptic future of the X-universe, they track down, imprison and kill those with mutant genes, requiring our original X-Men gang to send Wolverine back in time to change the past.

X-Men: Days Of Future Past’s cast includes James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Hugh Jackman, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Shawn Ashmore, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Omar Sy, Evan Peters and Halle Berry, and the film is out here on May 22 next year.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #291 on: August 07, 2013, 11:01:58 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=84970

Bryan Singer Shooting X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Quicksilver Scenes At 3,600 FPS

Today's X-Men: Days Of Future Past Twitter tease via director Bryan Singer has hit, and it isn't as particularly revealing as prior on-set images. It does, however, offer an interesting tidbit on the way Singer is filming Quicksilver's (Evan Peters) scenes, which are being shot at 3,600 frames per second. 3,600 FPS is 150 times slower than common film (so Quicksilver moves up to 150 times as fast as most), and significantly brighter set pieces are needed for each frame. It's hard to make out what exactly Singer is shooting in the following behind-the-scenes image, but check it out below and stay tuned to CBM for more news as we have it.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #292 on: August 14, 2013, 10:05:16 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38447

Days Of Future Past Sentinel Blueprint Unveiled

Good old Bolivar Trask, eh? For decades now, he’s been working tirelessly to develop the Sentinel program, with the robotic guardians designed to keep humanity safe from the encroaching mutant threat. We all sleep better knowing these hulking, armoured warriors are keeping the peace. And now you can get a look inside one of their heads thanks to a new blueprint online from Trask Industries.

Okay, so we actually know they’re mechanical menaces destined to wreak havoc across the world and plunge humanity as well as mutantkind into a desperate war for survival in X-Men: Days Of Future Past. When that happens, we’ll be pinning our hopes on the very mutants we shunned. Thank goodness, then, that there are the likes of Professor Xavier (Patrick Stewart), Erik “Magneto” Lehnsherr (Ian McKellen), Kitty Pryde (Ellen Page) and Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) to figure out a last-ditch, seemingly impossible plan to travel through time and try to fix things in the past, when their younger selves (or, in the case of Wolverine, ageless) are mired in conflicts of their own, and with each other.

Bryan Singer has almost finished shooting the latest mutant movie, which skips between the dark possible future and the 1970s, where the likes of Xavier (James McAvoy), Lehnsherr (Michael Fassbender), Beast (Nicholas Hoult) and Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) are trying to come to terms with the shattering events of X-Men: First Class years ago.

With Omar Sy, Peter Dinklage, Anna Paquin, Halle Berry, Shawn Ashmore, Daniel Cudmore, Boo Boo Stewart, Fan Bingbing and Lucas Till all in the cast, X-Men: Days Of Future Past is set for release on May 22.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #293 on: August 20, 2013, 02:26:51 PM »
Thor 2 Featurette

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #294 on: August 20, 2013, 09:50:02 PM »
http://io9.com/why-has-one-member-of-game-of-thrones-royal-family-bee-1170517469

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Here's the first official image.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #295 on: August 29, 2013, 10:01:07 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38586

James Spader Is Avengers' Ultron!
He's signed as the robo-baddie for Joss Whedon's sequel

Poor old DC. Just when they think they might have control of the superhero news cycle for a day by announcing where Superman/Batman will shoot, along comes Marvel with a casting bombshell that rains on its parade even as it mixes metaphors. What news, you ask? Only that James Spader will play the titular menace in Avengers sequel Age Of Ultron.

Originally announced by writer/director Joss Whedon at Comic-Con, Age Of Ultron will see Tony Stark and the shawarma-chomping gang taking on a brand new threat torn from the pages of Marvel comic lore and given a spit-and-polish origin story wash for the big screen. Ultron is a criminally insane, rogue sentient robot dedicated to conquest and the extermination of humanity. He comes loaded with several powers, including, strength, agility, stunning intelligence and, oh yes, a rage-filled loathing for our heroes and an intent to destroy them. Bad robot! Bad!

Spader seems like a fine choice to play the role, given his ability to play smarts, snark and menace when required. Plus he should have a proper handle on Whedon’s trademark snappy dialogue, assuming Ultron gets to be quippy. Marvel’s statement doesn’t specify if he’ll be suiting up or stepping into a performance capture outfit a la Mark Ruffalo’s take on the Hulk, but we’d guess the latter. Spader's never done cartoon voice work or performance-capture before, so this marks a brave new dawn for the actor. But don't worry: he got a message of encouragement from the last guy to tangle with the supergroup, as Tom Hiddleston tweeted his support (see below).

With Ruffalo, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, and most likely Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner back, the new cast will also include Elizabeth Olsen (assuming her deal closes) and a rumoured Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron will be out on May 1, 2015.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #296 on: October 04, 2013, 07:33:49 PM »
Thor featurette 2

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #297 on: October 17, 2013, 03:01:50 PM »
Thor clip #4

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #298 on: October 24, 2013, 04:25:04 PM »
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #299 on: October 24, 2013, 10:34:10 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=39157

Doctor Strange Gets The Magic Green Light

The Doctor Strange movie may not be exactly new news, but the project has definitely moved on since the story first emerged. Marvel's top dog Kevin Feige, currently doing the press rounds to promote Thor: The Dark World, crystalised the studio's thinking in an interview with Movies.com. To whit: "It's in active development right now.”

“Doc Strange, as I’ve been saying for years, is a movie I believe we should make," Feige elaborated. "We’re just figuring out how to make it a great movie.

Marvel's Phase 3 will kick off with Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man in late 2015, followed by two yet-to-be-officially-announced projects in the summer of 2016 and ’17 respectively. Feige was tight-lipped about which of these would be Doctor Strange, if either.

“Whether that’s one of the movies we announce for 2016 or 2017, we have to see,” he said. “I think it’ll be the middle of next year before we announce officially what the post Ant-Man films will be. Stuff might happen before that. It’s too early to tell.”

We suspect Feige is a little further on than he's admitting, since he said they already have "some ideas of what we're doing" in 2016 and 2017 that ruled out a female superhero-led film in the next few years, and our guess is that Strange will end up in one of those two slots. Still, Marvel is keeping its powder dry until Ant-Man is a little closer to shooting and Phase 2 is further advanced. In the meantime, we've kicked some ideas around on who should play the Sorcerer Supreme.