Author Topic: Bodybuilding can be very expensive  (Read 13321 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Bodybuilding can be very expensive
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2011, 01:23:31 AM »
So basically, if you are in the USA and you need an emergency surgery, and you don't have insurance, you can get hit with a bill for 100K. Even if you are a U.S. citizen.

How can anyone defend a health care system in which this kind of shit can happen? Unbelievable.

The insurance industry has got a lot of Americans brainwashed into thinking privatized health care is good for them. I can't believe so many stupid fucking people in the US fight to keep this garbage system alive.

Maybe we're motivated by the fact that it is a good system?

Xerxes

« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2011, 01:49:20 AM »
Social darwinism.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2011, 03:42:31 AM »
Well, I can see this thread is still going on during my absence. It always amazes me that there's no other bodybuilding board that deals with so many aspects of life. That's why I'm here and stay here. I like the posts by that guy who is a fireman. It's good to get the perspective of someone dealing first hand what the rest of us just talk about. The governments main role is essentially to protect us from each other. That includes foreign enemies, property rights, enforcement of contracts, a gallon of gas is really a gallon, your food is not contaminated.... It was never intended that the role of  government also provide you with housing, education, and even health insurance. If having health insurance is a right (not the right to obtain health insurance and health care but to have it provided for you) why not food? Food comes before health care? Why don't we have government run grocery stores and let them determine who gets what and how much? Why we're at it doesn't having shelter also come before health care? You got to have a roof over your head, right? Why don't we have government run housing for everybody? We already see how they run housing projects? Then there's clothing? That's also a necessity and therefore a right. Why don't we have government run the clothing industry so they can insure that everyone is fairly and equally clothed. Since Tbombz thinks the bigger the government the better -- greater control of our lives -- why don't we just let them take all of our paychecks? After all, the premise is that the government knows better than we do on how to live our lives so surely they know better how to spend our money than we do. The ones who actually had to earn it.  

Xerxes

« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2011, 03:45:47 AM »
Well, I can see this thread is still going on during my absence. It always amazes me that there's no other bodybuilding board that deals with so many aspects of life. That's why I'm here and stay here. I like the posts by that guy who is a fireman. It's good to get the perspective of someone dealing first hand what the rest of us just talk about. The governments main role is essentially to protect us from each other. That includes foreign enemies, property rights, enforcement of contracts, a gallon of gas is really a gallon, your food is not contaminated.... It was never intended that the role of  government also provide you with housing, education, and even health insurance. If having health insurance is a right (not the right to obtain health insurance and health care but to have it provided for you) why not food? Food comes before health care? Why don't we have government run grocery stores and let them determine who gets what and how much? Why we're at it doesn't having shelter also come before health care? You got to have a roof over your head, right? Why don't we have government run housing for everybody? We already see how they run housing projects? Then there's clothing? That's also a necessity and therefore a right. Why don't we have government run the clothing industry so they can insure that everyone is fairly and equally clothed. Since Tbombz thinks the bigger the government the better -- greater control of our lives -- why don't we just let them take all of our paychecks? After all, the premise is that the government knows better than we do on how to live our lives so surely they know better how to spend our money than we do. The ones who actually had to earn it.  

Straw man argument.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2011, 03:54:14 AM »
Straw man argument.

Wrong. I did not misrepresent the original argument, i.e., bigger government is better and health care is a right. The examples I gave are indeed considered a necessity for life and therefore equivalent to the original proposition, i.e., health care. Therefore the argument: If this is necessary for life and therefore a right and should be provided for then since this is also necessary for life it should also be a right and be provided for.

Xerxes

« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2011, 03:58:31 AM »
Wrong. I did not misrepresent the original argument, i.e., bigger government is better and health care is a right. The examples I gave are indeed considered a necessity for life and therefore equivalent to the original proposition, i.e., health care. Therefore the argument: If this is necessary for life and therefore a right and should be provided for then since this is also necessary for life it should also be a right and be provided for.

I thought the argument was about the quality and extent of your health services' reach within the population no matter social class, and why it seems like your system ranks just below Costa Rica despite being the biggest economy in the world. Silly me.  :D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2011, 04:07:08 AM »
I thought the argument was about the quality and extent of your health services' reach within the population no matter social class, and why it seems like your system ranks just below Costa Rica despite being the biggest economy in the world. Silly me.  :D

The argument was never about quality. We have the best doctors, equipment and medications in the world. Everyone gets health services. The overwhelming majority are happy with their health care coverage. It about the problem with cost containment.

And I've already spoken about the agendas in organizations such as the WHO. If you had pancreatic cancer and had only two choices of where to be treated, the US or Costa Rica, which would you choose?

Xerxes

« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2011, 04:12:12 AM »
The argument was never about quality. We have the best doctors, equipment and medications in the world. Everyone gets health services. The overwhelming majority are happy with their health care coverage. It about the problem with cost containment.

And I've already spoken about the agendas in organizations such as the WHO. If you had pancreatic cancer and had only two choices of where to be treated, the US or Costa Rica, which would you choose?
Oh yeah sure, I'm just going to take your word for it and squash WHO rankings down the drain because you said they have an anti-USA agenda, cause if you said it, it must be true. That surely must mean that you're not 37th on the ranking list of the world, you MUST be nr.1!!

Pellius, with all due respect, why do you think there is so much public outrage towards this privatization?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2011, 04:23:25 AM »
Oh yeah sure, I'm just going to take your word for it and squash WHO rankings down the drain because you said they have an anti-USA agenda, cause if you said it, it must be true. That surely must mean that you're not 37th on the ranking list of the world, you MUST be nr.1!!

Pellius, with all due respect, why do you think there is so much public outrage towards this privatization?

When I say that the WHO has an agenda, just like the UN why does that imply you should just take my word for it. Would you just Costa Rica over the US for treatment.

And there is no outrage towards privatization? Where on earth did you get that idea? That's not even the issue. There is outrage against "Obama Care." I don't know what your newspapers are reporting in your country but it's not what's going on here.

Xerxes

« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2011, 05:12:37 AM »
When I say that the WHO has an agenda, just like the UN why does that imply you should just take my word for it. Would you just Costa Rica over the US for treatment.

And there is no outrage towards privatization? Where on earth did you get that idea? That's not even the issue. There is outrage against "Obama Care." I don't know what your newspapers are reporting in your country but it's not what's going on here.

I don't know if I would favor treatment in Costa Rica or not, perhaps if I was a lower middle class citizen without insurance then possibly, I don't know what their system is like nor am I going to assume it is worse than yours without knowing (do you know?).

If there was no public outrage or resentment towards the privatized health sector then why the hell did you elect Obama?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2011, 06:40:10 AM »
So much for my inheritance.  ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2011, 06:41:20 AM »
I've been asking myself that for the last 21/2 years.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2011, 07:10:01 AM »
opinions are like assholes...everyone has one. Tbombz been raised in a particular environment, by special parents, his way of thinking the world he's only a mix of everything that he heard. Did he choose who spawned him, did he choose his way of thinking ? no. Same can be said of every single individual on earth. Find people who think alike and ignore those who dont. You re just wasting your energy.

You dont choose your past, your conditionnings. At some point in life you figure life is just about eating or getting eaten. So this discussion is pointless. Tbombz is a loser with no education, no life, attempting constantly to sound smarter than he truly is precisely because he has a complexion being spawned by unintelligent people. These people are fed by the governement, why would he bite its hand? His father must have been on welfare all life long.

Once he reaches Pellius and the coach age and once his parents are gone he will be left with only two options; eating or getting eaten. If he has the skills to achieve things he will rely on this, if he doesnt he will rely on what he knows best; leeching money off the government. Seriously tbombz? you dont have a job right?

Pellius quoting churchill said it all already. Once you reach the 30s then 40s you focus on simple things like work, family, values, enjoy some simple occupations and dont go into political discussion anymore, cause you know somehow it doesnt makes much sense. At this point in life you better have someone to talk with and make love with.  You start to get neutral about everything cause you ve seen so much bullshits being revealed that you understand you simply dont have control on anything but your job, your family and little meaningless -for others- occupations. And even in these cases, talking about control is pushing it , let's say you can have some "influence" on em but that's about it. We all end the same way.

Do not waste your time with ignorant kids. Chances are if tbombz father hasnt been able to feed his brain with quality thoughts nobody 's going to do it. He ll figure it out later. It's not his fault, not yours, not his parent's fault either, that's just the way it is.

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2011, 03:20:16 PM »
Everyone should just work harder, its as simple as that. Anyone that can't afford health care, by definition, is not living the American dream and is therefore a communist.

Now take these pills America and shut up.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2011, 03:40:12 PM »
opinions are like assholes...everyone has one. 

And they all stink.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2011, 04:19:41 PM »
  How did bb make you get a new hip?

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2011, 05:27:27 PM »
If you don't take sufficient recovery time between workouts,...you injure yourself a little bit each time.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2011, 09:23:57 PM »
Remember this exchange last night Tbombz?

which is responsible for jails, police, judges, the monetary system, the military, the postal service, and all major infrastructure?

Government...and it's doing a great fucking job, post office is broke, stimulus was supposed to be for infrastructure but after a $700bil input they say they need money for "infrastructure", the military? see above comment, the police, cities and counties are looking for ways to cut the budget, civil service gets cut ALL THE TIME...look up "Costa Mesa" and you'll see that they are cutting almost 1/2 of government workers to make the budget. Yes Tbombs, they fuck things up..BIG TIME!

government solves nothing?

seems to me that government solves, or at least improves, just about everything.

Now read this..............

NEW YORK (CBS 2) — The secret is out.

CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer has learned exclusively some of the fire houses on Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s chopping block. Some say shutting them down could put your safety at risk.

Twenty fire companies are on death row including, sources said, Engine 271 in Bushwick. And unless there’s a last-minute reprieve communities all across the city could be in danger.

“It’s very serious. Mayor Bloomberg is asking the Fire Department to roll the dice on public safety. If you close one fire company, let alone 20, even one fire company will impact the safety of New Yorkers,” said Councilwoman Elizabeth Crowley, D-Queens.

“When response time goes up you’re talking about loss of property and loss of life,” added Councilman James Vacca.

Vacca is all fired up about the expectation that Ladder 53 on City Island — in his district — is on the closure list.

“We know our budget is bad but no one can justify jeopardizing life and limb and public safety,” Vacca said.

Sources told Kramer that others expected to be on death row are Engine 161 on Staten Island and Engine 4 at the South Street Seaport.

When Engine 4 left the firehouse on a call Wednesday, firefighters wondered whether it would be among their last in the dense Wall Street area near ground zero.

Kramer asked fire union official Edward Boles to explain, for example, what closing Engine 4 would mean for fire safety.

“Engine 4 is the first engine to respond if there was any tragedy at Wall Street,” Boles said. “Wall Street is the economic capital of the world. They’re also a mass de-con unit, so if there was a major terrorist attack they would be the first ones to help out.”

People who live and work in the area are terrified.

“It’s such a compact neighborhood that you need someone here to respond quickly to any type of fire because it would spread like wildfire,” said Tom Rooney, who works in the area.

“Its scary, it’s absolutely scary. I don’t know what else to say,” Lower Manhattan resident Toni Sosinsky said.

“A lot of new apartments around here. All of these office buildings have become apartments, so I don’t think you should close it down. When you look at the density of the amount of people who are moving down to the Financial District, now they need it,” added Michael Springer, who also works in the area.

And Boles has a message for Mayor Bloomberg:

“Please, for the sake of the citizens of New York City and for their safety, don’t put dollars before lives,” Boles said.

The FDNY is already operating with nearly 600 fewer firefighters. City officials said it doesn’t expect to release the full list of the doomed 20 until sometime next month.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04/06/exclusive-cbs-2-obtains-partial-list-of-fdny-company-closures/

Tbombz, you need a taste of reality and I don't mean your boyfriends cock.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2011, 10:32:19 PM »
im suprised by the amount of neo republican-conservatism  on this board.

you want the government to provide your childrens education, but you dont want it to provide health care? which one is of more importance again?

you want it to make murder and rape illegal, but you dont want it to set limits on emissions of green house gases to protect the future of life on earth?  is there any difference between those two?

you want business and people to have the freedom to screw over who ever the fuck they want, but you dont want people to be able to smoke weed or be homosexual?

big government is good where government can help

small government is good where government is necessary

no government is good where no government can help

freedoms should be as many as possible, excluding any action that would inhibit another from executing one of their freeedoms.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2011, 10:36:46 PM »
i dont want the government to give me anything.......and in return i dont want to pay taxes....

bench

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2011, 10:38:42 PM »
i dont want the government to give me anything
impossible

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2011, 10:44:15 PM »
im suprised by the amount of neo republican-conservatism  on this board.

you want the government to provide your childrens education, but you dont want it to provide health care? which one is of more importance again?

you want it to make murder and rape illegal, but you dont want it to set limits on emissions of green house gases to protect the future of life on earth?  is there any difference between those two?

you want business and people to have the freedom to screw over who ever the fuck they want, but you dont want people to be able to smoke weed or be homosexual?

big government is good where government can help

small government is good where government is necessary

no government is good where no government can help

freedoms should be as many as possible, excluding any action that would inhibit another from executing one of their freeedoms.

No I don't, my kid goes to a private school but the government MAKES ME still pay for public schools even though I chose to put my kid in private school since day one. You're so naive it's mental.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2011, 10:44:42 PM »
impossible
i know thats a hard theory for you to grasp...since everything in your life was given to you...maybe one day you will figure it out ;)

bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2011, 10:47:22 PM »
No I don't, my kid goes to a private school but the government MAKES ME still pay for public schools even though I chose to put my kid in private school since day one. You're so naive it's mental.
that always pissed me off...i have no kids...dont plan on having kids...but i still have to pay property tax for the damn schools around here, even though they rent advertising spot on the sides of the school buses....i have a ass load of land that i live on....i honeslty think i spent more on taxes for it in the last few years than i did buying the shit..

bench

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2011, 10:48:02 PM »
well 90%+ of people support government education.. so..  :-*