Author Topic: Anybody here actually train for strongman?  (Read 21982 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Anybody here actually train for strongman?
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2011, 05:52:09 PM »
do they drug test?
LOL!!

I think they follow the same testing as the IFBB. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2011, 05:52:35 PM »
LOL!!

I think they follow the same testing as the IFBB. ;D

Are you on anything?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2011, 06:13:37 PM »
Are you on anything?
Nope.
I might have one protein shake before a workout, I take creatine and gluc/chond.....and that's it.

I eat dead animal like a m'fer though! :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2011, 10:29:46 AM »
Interesting thread. I'm thinking of competing. Few guys down the gym is doing local novice comps and judging by the lifts they do, I won't make a complete kuunt of myself. One of the rounds are as many 400lbs deadlifts you can manage in 60 seconds. Cranked out 12 on Monday evening. Guy said it would've had me 2nd in the last comp he done. There's a local comp in my area the first week in August. Think I might give it a shot. If I'm totally shit I'll apologise and fuck off and let the real competitors duke it out.  :D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2011, 11:08:23 AM »
Hey Jimmy28, if its a NAS comp make sure its a 'silver' or you will be totally fucked.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2011, 11:27:56 AM »
I'm actually from the UK, so not sure what 'NAS' is. I am however planning to compete in natural shows only where possible. Here we have novice comps, and if you make it to the top 3, you're thrown into the open class where it's blood and guts. Unfortunately I don't have any of the equipment in my gym so I'll just go in cold and give it my best. A dude I occasionally train with went into his first comp last year without ever training with strongman-specific items and won the competition. So it's possible. I'm pretty strong as it is but know nothing about strongman training. For years I've only done bodybuilding related training so it's all new to me.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2011, 11:54:16 AM »
NAS = North American Strongman.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

w8m8

« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2011, 05:29:36 PM »
I'm actually from the UK, so not sure what 'NAS' is. I am however planning to compete in natural shows only where possible. Here we have novice comps, and if you make it to the top 3, you're thrown into the open class where it's blood and guts. Unfortunately I don't have any of the equipment in my gym so I'll just go in cold and give it my best. A dude I occasionally train with went into his first comp last year without ever training with strongman-specific items and won the competition. So it's possible. I'm pretty strong as it is but know nothing about strongman training. For years I've only done bodybuilding related training so it's all new to me.

very kewl  ... please do keep adding here .. hopefully more guys start thinking about giving this stuff a go  .. lotsa luck .. cheers  :)

Maxxx Testosterone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • The ALPHA-MALE
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2011, 09:02:22 PM »
i do

Myghty_max@hotmail.c

tomjone20

• Getbig I
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2011, 01:34:22 PM »
I am training for strongman.  Absolutely.  Going to do a meet early next year (Texas) and will start a new plan tonight/tomorrow to train for it.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2011, 02:45:18 PM »
Just to update. I've now done my second comp last weekend and placed third after I messed up on the Conan Wheel. Didn't get my breathing right and barely complete one turn before having to drop it. I'm totally gutted as that seems to be one of my best events. Came second in the deads and third in the Farmers Walk (150kg /hand).

Anyway, it's good fun and I'm not totally shit at it so I'm going to keep going. Since I'm natural and competing against guys that's been juicing for years AND beating most of them, I get a kick out of that too  ;D. Anyway, I'm going to knuckle down and train for a comp I'm looking at doing early next year. I'm hanging around the 110kg (242 lbs) weight at 6'2 and don't really want to get any heavier as I'm still maintaining (and want to) a good body fat level and decent shape. Obviously not as lean and shredded as the billionaire supermodel-banging guys over in G&O, but then again I train for strongman/powerlifting and not bodybuilding.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2011, 06:41:53 PM »
Just to update. I've now done my second comp last weekend and placed third after I messed up on the Conan Wheel. Didn't get my breathing right and barely complete one turn before having to drop it. I'm totally gutted as that seems to be one of my best events. Came second in the deads and third in the Farmers Walk (150kg /hand).

Anyway, it's good fun and I'm not totally shit at it so I'm going to keep going. Since I'm natural and competing against guys that's been juicing for years AND beating most of them, I get a kick out of that too  ;D. Anyway, I'm going to knuckle down and train for a comp I'm looking at doing early next year. I'm hanging around the 110kg (242 lbs) weight at 6'2 and don't really want to get any heavier as I'm still maintaining (and want to) a good body fat level and decent shape. Obviously not as lean and shredded as the billionaire supermodel-banging guys over in G&O, but then again I train for strongman/powerlifting and not bodybuilding.
Post up some videos of your comp!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Maxxx Testosterone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • The ALPHA-MALE
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2011, 07:24:50 AM »
Dubreuilville pro show

300 Lbs log for reps

Hercules Hold

Truck deadlift

Truck Pull

Wheel barrow : I beated Dave Ostlund on this ONE :P

Myghty_max@hotmail.c

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2011, 08:20:09 AM »
Nice!!

How much weight on that wheelbarrow?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Maxxx Testosterone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • The ALPHA-MALE
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »
1900 pouds the fiirts
2100 the second

wich means about

if my memory is good
Myghty_max@hotmail.c

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2011, 08:36:38 AM »
1900 pouds the fiirts
2100 the second

wich means about

if my memory is good
:o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!