Author Topic: Softball  (Read 326610 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Softball
« Reply #400 on: June 08, 2013, 05:13:09 AM »
Go get'em Grape. Saw a guy a few years ago who played for the A's at a tourney- centerfield, no less! made everbody look like they were standing still. Just lovely (no homo ) to watch.   

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #401 on: June 08, 2013, 05:16:31 AM »

We play against the owner of Tucci lumber...look them up when you get a chance.
they are one the few licensed bat suppliers to MLB.

...really good guy who played triple A for the Blue Jays
Any chance of getting a (custom) bat?   

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #402 on: June 08, 2013, 07:28:29 AM »
Any chance of getting a (custom) bat?   

lol, I went to their site and was thinking the exact same thing.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #403 on: June 08, 2013, 07:40:07 AM »
Go get'em Grape. Saw a guy a few years ago who played for the A's at a tourney- centerfield, no less! made everbody look like they were standing still. Just lovely (no homo ) to watch.   

Yeah, it's a whole 'nuther level.   Living near Boston, I try to calculate which hits would have cleared Fenway.   Get quite a bit.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #404 on: June 10, 2013, 06:55:49 AM »
Put up 39 runs yesterday in game one.

Up 15-0, and our second baseman botches a lazy liner which leads  to 8 runs.  Was 25-21 in the 5th, put up a fourteen spot with one out, me on deck.   Never hit 40 before, so was actually pyched to score again.  The, the other team just quit to start the second game, which we won 8-6 or something.

Also got a concussion/slight concussion (according to doc) running down a ball which I caught, but slammed my head into the ground.  Add that to the abdominal strain which completely reaggrivated itself, the knee pain from the Tough Mudder, and I'm a fucking mess.

Shoulder feels good, though.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #405 on: June 30, 2013, 04:49:42 AM »
Grape? You were right. Just 'solidified' my stance and I'm now back to cracking them like I can.  I was the last out in our last game, tho. We weren't gonna win, mind you, but not good.  ::)      ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #406 on: June 30, 2013, 03:49:34 PM »
Grape? You were right. Just 'solidified' my stance and I'm now back to cracking them like I can.  I was the last out in our last game, tho. We weren't gonna win, mind you, but not good.  ::)      ;D

Nice!  Most hitting problems are just a tweak.  I'm toying with playing baseball next year.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #407 on: July 02, 2013, 06:29:16 AM »
First game in a month Sun with all the rainouts.

...we got crushed! 2-3 with one nice catch in the outfield.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #408 on: July 02, 2013, 06:42:58 AM »
First game in a month Sun with all the rainouts.

...we got crushed! 2-3 with one nice catch in the outfield.

Assuming the hammy is good then?   You'll feel like you're going to hurt it again for awhile.....

This will sound stupid, but I highly suggest standing on a softball and rolling the bottom of you foot for about 1-2 minutes before every game.  It will loosen the posterior chain.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #409 on: July 02, 2013, 06:58:38 AM »
Assuming the hammy is good then?   You'll feel like you're going to hurt it again for awhile.....

This will sound stupid, but I highly suggest standing on a softball and rolling the bottom of you foot for about 1-2 minutes before every game.  It will loosen the posterior chain.

Will try thanks...I think about if I'm gonna hurt it again until I hit or have to chase a ball then I forget about it.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #410 on: July 03, 2013, 05:24:19 AM »
Beat on of the better teams in the league 19-16.
3-4 with a double and two singles.....best I've hit in a long time...all ropes between LC and RC.

the out I made was because we were out of HR's so I made sure to hit to right and lined it to 2B.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #411 on: July 10, 2013, 07:01:13 AM »
Beat a team 15-0! they were bumped up from the weaker division to ours

...1-4 from the three hole :o :(...hit the crap out of the ball twice but right at people.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #412 on: July 11, 2013, 07:23:36 AM »
Nice!  Most hitting problems are just a tweak.  I'm toying with playing baseball next year.
Jeez, Grape, if you could, why not? Be like the kid in 'Field of Dreams.' You only live once, etc. To step onto Fenway as a player!? Ach, I'd die. Anyway, if I talk any more I'm gonna bust out crying. Be the best of us, Grape.  :)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #413 on: July 11, 2013, 09:22:18 AM »
Jeter is back and is coming after the Red Sox. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #414 on: July 11, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »
Jeez, Grape, if you could, why not? Be like the kid in 'Field of Dreams.' You only live once, etc. To step onto Fenway as a player!? Ach, I'd die. Anyway, if I talk any more I'm gonna bust out crying. Be the best of us, Grape.  :)

I've been fortunate to have played 4 games of softball in Fenway Park, as well as get 15 baseball swings from a pitching machine there.

In baseball, I one hopped the 380 in RC for a ground rule double, put one fly ball in the triangle, a few singles, grounders, fouls, wiffs made up the rest.  It was over in like 2 seconds.

Softball, one hopped the right field fence near Pesky Pole for a double, but nothing memorable aftert that - it was 2 swings max from a pitching machine, and the pitchers were often really high.   Lots of crummy hits,  fouls but a few decent liners.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #415 on: July 11, 2013, 05:24:36 PM »
I've been fortunate to have played 4 games of softball in Fenway Park, as well as get 15 baseball swings from a pitching machine there.

In baseball, I one hopped the 380 in RC for a ground rule double, put one fly ball in the triangle, a few singles, grounders, fouls, wiffs made up the rest.  It was over in like 2 seconds.

Softball, one hopped the right field fence near Pesky Pole for a double, but nothing memorable aftert that - it was 2 swings max from a pitching machine, and the pitchers were often really high.   Lots of crummy hits,  fouls but a few decent liners.
Wowsers!    :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #416 on: July 17, 2013, 08:24:26 AM »
Rub ruled another team last night

4-4...3 singles and a triple.....like running in mud in the heat last night...also dropped a fly ball on the run that I easily should have had :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #417 on: July 17, 2013, 09:39:52 AM »

3-4...3 singles and a triple

Try again.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #418 on: July 17, 2013, 09:44:03 AM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #419 on: July 17, 2013, 09:53:22 AM »
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #420 on: July 19, 2013, 09:29:29 AM »
Finally broke out my DeMarini The One [which I had thrown in my book room and totally forgotten about  ::) ] and gripped it too tight and snapped one off the end and barely beat a throw to first.  Went back to my F-4. What a pussy.   ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #421 on: July 19, 2013, 09:47:02 PM »
Finally broke out my DeMarini The One [which I had thrown in my book room and totally forgotten about  ::) ] and gripped it too tight and snapped one off the end and barely beat a throw to first.  Went back to my F-4. What a pussy.   ;D
You need to go back to a Louisville Slugger 36 when you going to learn man?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #422 on: July 30, 2013, 02:01:58 PM »
Team's on a 5-game winning streak. Something's obviously wrong. Middle of Summer: less players showing up: we're all playing position, and tighter? 5-5 last night. Snapped a laser over the CF's head, and when he turned to get the carom off the fence it hit the cap and went up about 20' and oh-so-slowly passed out of the range of his glove. I was past 2nd when he turned around, glove on the ground.  

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #423 on: July 31, 2013, 07:48:16 AM »
3-4 with 3 singles up the middle.
chased a long fly ball down in right center...then had it tip off my glove for a drop.
whole time I thought I had a nice over my left hand shoulder catch...looked into my glove and no ball ::)

...we were killing the other team so the ump started calling everything strikes to get the game over...ended up fouling out cuz I swung at a head high pitch...now I owe a case for next week!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #424 on: July 31, 2013, 11:32:01 AM »
Team's on a 5-game winning streak. Something's obviously wrong. Middle of Summer: less players showing up: we're all playing position, and tighter? 5-5 last night. Snapped a laser over the CF's head, and when he turned to get the carom off the fence it hit the cap and went up about 20' and oh-so-slowly passed out of the range of his glove. I was past 2nd when he turned around, glove on the ground.  

Nice.

Saw a Demarini The One in a bag the other day.  When I saw it, i actually thought "oh, that's the bat Chimps has".   Stupid fucking internet.
Y