Author Topic: Had an accident yesterday in the gym.... Injury?  (Read 2851 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Had an accident yesterday in the gym.... Injury?
« on: April 13, 2011, 10:28:08 PM »
So I was training delts, When i moved over to the rear delt machine I tried to do it with palms facing outwards, like Ronnie does them. I had a long time to do them this way.

Apparently the weight was too heavy, I had 10 reps with the said weight, when in the 4th rep I felt like my right delt poped and made a cracking noise...they handles slipped from my hands and i just let them go...

During the training I did not experience any pain, I just proceeded to the next exersice.

Now, this morning my shoulder is aching a bit, nothing special but I feel it like "cracking" when i rotate it. Could this be an injury??

:-\ :'(

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Had an accident yesterday in the gym.... Injury?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 02:49:06 AM »
Hard to say if you tore something and your shoulder lost stability because of it... hence the sudden cracking.
Though if it's only aching a bit I doubt there's serious damage.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 09:41:07 AM »
bump

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 10:07:17 AM »
should be ok if there isnt much pain today or tomorow. joints get cracky sometimes.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 10:12:43 AM »
are you talking a pop in the joint or a tendon/muscle pop...

if its the joint its fuck all, my shoulders pop audibly  when i stretch...much like some people pop there knuckles, just the fluid in joint popping

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 11:18:22 AM »
are you talking a pop in the joint or a tendon/muscle pop...

if its the joint its fuck all, my shoulders pop audibly  when i stretch...much like some people pop there knuckles, just the fluid in joint popping
I felt like something poped...
Im prety sure it was the joint...it poped/cracked and instantly lost control of the weight, my grip and strength gave up. Afterwards I moved on to the next excersice with little pain.

Today its aches when I rotate the shoulder and cracks unusually but it didnt bother me in my workout.

Stavios

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 04:24:22 PM »
sounds like a subluxation, does that to me all the time since I first fucked my shoulders doing snatches at 15 years old

sucks ! I can't do a LOT of movements in the gym because of that

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 05:15:20 PM »
If the area is a very dark black & blue than you popped a ligament/muscle. If not, than probably a slight dislocated shoulder or muscle pull. If no nerve damage, than rest might be a good idea. Good luck.
F

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 10:04:59 PM »
thanks guys, I feel a bit better today.

(deca must be kicking in. rofl).  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 02:50:14 PM »
Ice. Doing rotator cuff stuff before my shoulder workouts helps tremendously.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 08:47:30 AM »
I have experienced some issues with my right shoulder......whenever I move my shoulder up and down.....I hear a "clicking" noise......MRI showed nothing at all.....no tear whatsoever.....but I had to ease up on chest and shoulders for a couple of months.

You should be careful for a while with delts and chest.....sounds like your injury is similar to mine.

IMHO you will be ok.....just give it time.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 06:50:49 AM »
I also had trouble with my right shoulder. Itīs a real pain because every upper body EX effects your shoulders to some degree. I did physio but it did not help much. I found a good sport Doctor who showed me a simple ex in that you put a light ankle type weight on your wrist and let your arm relax and hang(donīt hold the weight in your hand). slowly rotate your arm in circles. It worked great for me.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 07:20:40 AM »
Thank God it was nothing serious...

Im ok now. Well, maybe in a little bit of pain when i do certain movements but Im a lot better.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 08:26:04 AM »

Im ok now. Well, maybe in a little bit of pain when i do certain movements but Im a lot better.
thatīs good :)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 03:01:36 PM »

C'est bien tu es ok, mon amie ;)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 12:21:32 AM »

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 12:38:27 PM »
I have issues with my left delt whenever i do front raises it pops and actually kinda loud lol but no pain from it anymore. And its been this way for around 10-12 years.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 09:00:19 AM »
like above, i like to do rotator warmups with chest and shoulders, i used to feel a pain in my left shoulder but i dont anymore using those warmups.

glad you're feeling better...if it was serious, i doubt you would be able to move to next exercise and also not feel major pain the next day. i was doing front squats few winters ago, was going up and felt two or three pop/clicks in my quad and NO WAY would I have been able to lift anymore let alone how hard it was to walk to car lol  that shit hurt for weeks (luckly no bruising but should have warmed up more lol)

good luck
muscle

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 09:12:20 AM »
It feels like brand new now, thanks.  ;D

Im NEVER going to do the reverse peck deck machine ...NEVER. lol

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »
Thanks Ron,..  yes i think itīs a problem for most of us after years of heavy training. I now up my reps to 8-10 for upper body and lower 15 to 20. shoulders take a lot of punishment.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 06:31:14 AM »
So I was training delts, When i moved over to the rear delt machine I tried to do it with palms facing outwards, like Ronnie does them. I had a long time to do them this way.

Apparently the weight was too heavy, I had 10 reps with the said weight, when in the 4th rep I felt like my right delt poped and made a cracking noise...they handles slipped from my hands and i just let them go...

During the training I did not experience any pain, I just proceeded to the next exersice.

Now, this morning my shoulder is aching a bit, nothing special but I feel it like "cracking" when i rotate it. Could this be an injury?? :-\ :'(

Stupid man....

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 05:03:55 AM »
Stupid man....
yes it was stupid. Im lucky I guess.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 06:00:33 AM »
This happened to me on machine shoulder press.....tried to lift heavy after a long layoff and heard something go "crack" in my left shoulder....pain set in a few days later and got progressively worse to the point where I could not do shoulder exercises or bench presses..it affected all of my lifts and my poundages went way down..hurt like hell for months especially in bed at night when it was time to roll over.....so I started warming up very lightly before starting my lifts...used to start off heavy at 250 but had to start at 80 and work my way up progressively..this made things better but I still had a lot of pain....

so I had my daughter massage my shoulders two nights in a row and this helped tremendously...pain went away most days and now my poundages are back to where they were before...so I suggest warming up with very light weights first before each exercise and having someone massage the area for a few days