Author Topic: Keto Diet  (Read 12771 times)

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
Keto Diet
« on: April 16, 2011, 06:43:06 AM »
I know I could probably look this shite up but I want to hear GB's take.

How long do you stay on this diet?

I am running out of meal ideas - what are some things you've eaten while on this diet?

Other general thoughts/ideas on this type of diet?

U

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
Re: Keto Diet
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 06:47:22 AM »
i found it kind of difficult to eat protein only meals, dont have much variation then. not everyone has time and money to prepare all kinds of exotic meals plus youre hungry about ten minuts later you ate one.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 06:59:26 AM »
What do ya' mean, "running out of meal ideas" ?

Why is it impossible to eat same shit from day to another? I do that now on my diet, though I'm not fully on keto.
I don't fukin' eat food because it tastes good, I eat it to stay alive, which have been the case for thousand of years...

THIS IS GENERATION HIGH ESTROGEN fully on display right here! Can't eat the same food for few months... ffs BULLSHIT!!!!
Unless you're sum' fuukin' bitch having periods you don't need variation in your diet. WOmen want food to taste good because they're weak and bitches and their mind is fukin' mess.
 JUST eat it! Not so difficult.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 06:59:47 AM »
Tried it for about 6 weeks.
The waterloss is excellent but the energyloss, at the beginning, may be too much.
It's costly if you want high quality food - good eggs, good beef.
Mentally it was pretty good - depression eased its grip.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 07:04:15 AM »
I eat keto'ish on my off training days.

then on training day i include carbs.

don't need carbs when just at home not spending energy :)

about going full keto always i never liked it too much i like to have glycogen in my system when i train!

Benoitlapierre

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 07:26:16 AM »
eat every 3 hours , 24/7 , not 6 meal , 8 meal , fat in every meal , lack of fat = flat n weak , sodium eo meal make electrolytes easier , fuck veggies day , fat = hormone  , 480 prot , 200 gr fat , 15-20 gr carb in gym ED , then lower macro
keto max 10 weeks , if depress , fish oil right away 20gr , fat loading help well being , do keto only if carb make you look watery ,, if your lean n rip on 100 gr carb a day no reason to lower it ,,
Your messed up BLP!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 07:38:46 AM »

I am running out of meal ideas - what are some things you've eaten while on this diet?

Its just a low carb diet, water drop off the bat so a weight loss. If you drop the carbs you got to get the fats up for energy or maybe cycle it in and out on training days meaning carbs the day before training just saying...

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 07:42:34 AM »

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 07:45:21 AM »
that's one hell of an arm

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 07:48:48 AM »
Keto diet is lots of fuzz and maybe gives you a few percent extra at most.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 08:06:18 AM »
eat every 3 hours , 24/7 , not 6 meal , 8 meal , fat in every meal , lack of fat = flat n weak , sodium eo meal make electrolytes easier , fuck veggies day , fat = hormone  , 480 prot , 200 gr fat , 15-20 gr carb in gym ED , then lower macro
keto max 10 weeks , if depress , fish oil right away 20gr , fat loading help well being , do keto only if carb make you look watery ,, if your lean n rip on 100 gr carb a day no reason to lower it ,,

pretty much where im at- 425 pro/ 250 fat/ 35 starchy carb. and a shit ton of fiberous carbs but just to fill my stomach. every 3-4 days i'll up my starch and drop the fat to 200.

absolutely right about going flat on keto- up the fat to stay tight.

you guys want to learn how to do this shit right- listen to gh15 and BLP.
b

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 08:08:32 AM »

you can run it year round if you want. once you get into keto the easy part is staying in. getting there is a little harder for the first 3 days or so.

i pretty much subsist on coconut oil and almonds and thats about it for fats. maybe red meat whenever i get the craving. i dont avoid red meat, just prefer chicken breast when dieting. fuck fish- a good way to flatten out in a hurry.
b

Benoitlapierre

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 09:10:38 AM »
Its just a low carb diet, water drop off the bat so a weight loss. If you drop the carbs you got to get the fats up for energy or maybe cycle it in and out on training days meaning carbs the day before training just saying...

make sense ,,
Your messed up BLP!

Benoitlapierre

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 09:14:20 AM »
me - keto - last year
Your messed up BLP!

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 09:20:24 AM »
me - keto - last year
blp., did you use any fatburners along with keto? and how long can one diet and be shredded?

I always dieted on carbs....im afraid to experiment with keto. dont know why just seems like a weird way to diet.

Benoitlapierre

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 09:52:02 AM »
blp., did you use any fatburners along with keto? and how long can one diet and be shredded?

I always dieted on carbs....im afraid to experiment with keto. dont know why just seems like a weird way to diet.

if you get condition below 5% with carb dont do it ,, keto made for ppls non resistant to insulin

a pro will look great 4 days after contest  , me few days after contest with cheat n ice cream , i look same at 10 weeks ago !

i use bcaa + humapro + geranium , synephrine , oxyelite pro with 20gr dry oatmeal at 30 min weightlifting activities

beside controversy , i do hiit 15 min on keto , with high fat n 15 min wont go catabolic , stepmaster 15 min , high rep deadlift cardio

i use paleo raw keto , mono eating , one item per meal , all grass-fed meat , raw eggs free farm chicken
Your messed up BLP!

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 09:58:08 AM »
Don't do it Jimmy! It will deplete you are flatten you out like a deflated birthday baloon.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 10:02:51 AM »
if you get condition below 5% with carb dont do it ,, keto made for ppls non resistant to insulin

a pro will look great 4 days after contest  , me few days after contest with cheat n ice cream , i look same at 10 weeks ago !

i use bcaa + humapro + geranium , synephrine , oxyelite pro with 20gr dry oatmeal at 30 min weightlifting activities

beside controversy , i do hiit 15 min on keto , with high fat n 15 min wont go catabolic , stepmaster 15 min , high rep deadlift cardio

i use paleo raw keto , mono eating , one item per meal , all grass-fed meat , raw eggs free farm chicken
What is geranium? I have seen it in many energy boosting suppps...some of them were banned because of this substance

Agent69

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 10:18:38 AM »
Keto Diet is a fukcen joke...I get a kick out of bbers,fitness,figure girls and whoever that follow this diet..Zero complex carbs for months and months..lol and doing 1-2-3 hours of cardio a day..wtf..?? I have seen so many guys & girls get so fukced up on this diet...and fuukc up there systems bigtime....

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 10:44:39 AM »
Keto Diet is a fukcen joke...I get a kick out of bbers,fitness,figure girls and whoever that follow this diet..Zero complex carbs for months and months..lol and doing 1-2-3 hours of cardio a day..wtf..?? I have seen so many guys & girls get so fukced up on this diet...and fuukc up there systems bigtime....

I agree. Some of it stems from an irrational fear that all carbs do is get you fat. Your body doesn't run on free energy.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 10:48:28 AM »
keto diets have no advantage over any other calorie controlled diet with enough protein

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 10:56:23 AM »
keto diets have no advantage over any other calorie controlled diet with enough protein
X2

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 10:59:01 AM »

If you have certain metabolic disorders like obesity they might be advantageous

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 10:59:51 AM »
X2

The funny thing is, even in Atkins' book he couldn't really come up with any legit studies to backup his claims.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2011, 11:11:59 AM »

Eat less lose weight, BUT for health it's all about what you ingest.