Author Topic: Dallas Mavericks - NBA champions  (Read 37110 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: NBA playoffs
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 08:25:56 PM »
Miami will give the Celtics fits, its all about matchups. Celtics struggled with the Knicks at home lets see how they go in NY

They not only struggled, they barely beat the Knicks who didn't have Billips or Stoudamire (for most of the game).  It was basically Carmello vs. Boston in game 2, and Carmello almost won. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2011, 08:29:32 PM »
I think its time for Garnett to go back to his losing days in Minnesota.

obtuse_waiter

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2011, 11:00:08 PM »
why watch?  they will hand it to lakers in game 7 again by simply telling refs no fouls called on lakers in 4th

simple

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2011, 11:18:05 PM »
The Big Fattie is done.  

Lol...

Hey, thats no way to talk about a man who brougt your team 3 titles  :o ;)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 06:13:23 AM »
Don't even start with Beach about Shaq and the 3 titles. LOL.

I made the same argument about Shaq being the primary reason for those 3 championships. Kobe was definitely 1b to Shaq's 1a during that tenure.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 06:18:49 AM »
They not only struggled, they barely beat the Knicks who didn't have Billips or Stoudamire (for most of the game).  It was basically Carmello vs. Boston in game 2, and Carmello almost won.  

But experience counts. For example, when Boston inbounded the ball with seconds left, Delonte West ran into the backcourt and ran most of the clock down before the Knicks finally were able to foul him. The Knick players just stood there with their thumbs up their ass before they woke up. That was pathetic to watch. It's safe to say that defense isn't D'antoni's(whatever is name is) specialty.

The Celtics should have no problem winning in NY on Friday, especially if Billups doesn't play. The Celtics may have struggled but they're still up 2-0 and found ways to win. There's no bonus points for winning pretty in the playoffs. It's simply on to the next game/round.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 11:02:42 AM »

I made the same argument about Shaq being the primary reason for those 3 championships. Kobe was definitely 1b to Shaq's 1a during that tenure.

i know what makes that old bastard tick  ;D

really excited for the knicks game.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 11:19:57 AM »
I took the Celtics money line +150.

Without Billups, I don't think the Knicks have a shot. The Celtics find ways to win, especially on the road. If they can keep the MSG crowd out of the game, the Celtics win by 5+

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 11:29:44 AM »
Lol...

Hey, thats no way to talk about a man who brougt your team 3 titles  :o ;)

Dude where have you been?  I have a pretty long thread bashing Snack.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 11:31:03 AM »

Yeah, don't get me started.   :)  And no, Kobe was not 1b.  He was equally responsible for three rings along with Shaq (and Phil).  I have blown up that contention (that he road coattails, etc.) more than once.  Be happy to do it again.  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 11:32:26 AM »
But experience counts. For example, when Boston inbounded the ball with seconds left, Delonte West ran into the backcourt and ran most of the clock down before the Knicks finally were able to foul him. The Knick players just stood there with their thumbs up their ass before they woke up. That was pathetic to watch. It's safe to say that defense isn't D'antoni's(whatever is name is) specialty.

The Celtics should have no problem winning in NY on Friday, especially if Billups doesn't play. The Celtics may have struggled but they're still up 2-0 and found ways to win. There's no bonus points for winning pretty in the playoffs. It's simply on to the next game/round.

I agree experience counts for a lot.  A talented veteran team will usually win, especially in a seven game series. 

I'm not convinced Boston will have no problem winning on the road in NY, when they barely beat a one-man team at home. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 11:52:44 AM »
I agree experience counts for a lot.  A talented veteran team will usually win, especially in a seven game series.  

I'm not convinced Boston will have no problem winning on the road in NY, when they barely beat a one-man team at home.  

Again...it's not about winning pretty in the playoffs. Even the lesser talented teams ratchet up the intensity. Look at how Memphis is playing the #1 seeded Spurs, for example.

How well did Carmelo play game 1 of the series? Not well at all. Granted, he almost won the game by himself in game 2 but I think the Celtics will adjust to defending him better for game 3.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2011, 01:02:03 PM »
Again...it's not about winning pretty in the playoffs. Even the lesser talented teams ratchet up the intensity. Look at how Memphis is playing the #1 seeded Spurs, for example.

How well did Carmelo play game 1 of the series? Not well at all. Granted, he almost won the game by himself in game 2 but I think the Celtics will adjust to defending him better for game 3.

I'm agreeing with you about Boston winning.  I think they will beat NY in this series.  I disagree about them having little trouble with NY.  Sure that's possible, but I think it's unlikely given how Boston has played in games 1 and 2. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 01:49:19 PM »
Only because I have money riding on it, I'm predicting Boston goes up 3-0 in the series, loses game 4 and closes out the series in Boston for Game 5.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 04:23:44 PM »
Only because I have money riding on it, I'm predicting Boston goes up 3-0 in the series, loses game 4 and closes out the series in Boston for Game 5.

lol.  Man can you just send me the money instead of gambling on a bunch of prima donnas?  I got private school tuition to pay.   :)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 05:23:17 PM »
lol.  Man can you just send me the money instead of gambling on a bunch of prima donnas?  I got private school tuition to pay.   :)

LOL.

If it makes you feel any better, I'll take my winnings from the Boston win and double up on the Lakers -5 tonight against the Hornets.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 06:39:03 PM »
I'm agreeing with you about Boston winning.  I think they will beat NY in this series.  I disagree about them having little trouble with NY.  Sure that's possible, but I think it's unlikely given how Boston has played in games 1 and 2. 

Little trouble, indeed. I'm picking the Celtics to close this series out on Sunday.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2011, 10:10:54 AM »
Little trouble, indeed. I'm picking the Celtics to close this series out on Sunday.

Well you called that one.  Not many teams can compete with Boston if Allen and Pierce shoot the way they did in game 3.  Stoudamire has been an absolute dud. 

Nice win by my Lakers.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2011, 11:52:51 AM »
Pictures of NBA crybaby faces.  Funny.   :)  I think the NBA has more crybabies than all other sports combined.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1104/nba.foul.face/content.1.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »
What in the world is Memphis doing up 3-1 on SA?? 

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »
They are younger bigger more athletic and tuffer not to mention thirsty

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2011, 09:25:16 PM »
holy shit..kobe can still turn it on when he wants to. Didnt know he still had lift like that in him  :o

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2011, 09:35:01 PM »
I can't stand kobe but the man has gotten it done countless times when needed he will go down as one of if not the best to ever do it

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2011, 07:58:46 AM »
What in the world is Memphis doing up 3-1 on SA?? 

Defensive matchups. The Spurs have no answer for Gasol and Randolph down low. Randolph is a rebounding machine, he averaged 12 a game on the season. Gasol is vastly improving, too. Memphis definitely put themselves on the map in the playoff series. All without top scorer Rudy Gay, too.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2011, 10:53:08 AM »
How gay of rudy not to show its also a rude of gay