Author Topic: Awww, "top" Republicans embarrassed by their birther base. What a shame.  (Read 1186 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
This paragraph from today's Washington Post story on efforts by top Republicans to disavow birtherism struck me as quite hilarious:

The renewed effort to tamp down birtherism underscores a view held by many establishment Republicans that the conspiracy theorists make up a small subset of the party base and risk turning off swing voters more interested in jobs and economic concerns.

Small subset? Well, I guess 50% is technically a subset, but it ain't exactly small. And that's only if you count the hard core birthers who actually believe President Obama was born in Kazakhstan or something. If you count everybody who isn't sure whether Obama was born in America (he was, in Hawaii), the number is actually closer to three-quarters. Just yesterday, a new poll came out showing only 26% of Iowa Republicans believe Obama was born in the U.S.

I guess at least the Republicans cited by the Post are willing to admit that birthers are "conspiracy theorists," but we're not talking about some tiny Bircher fringe here. This subset ain't small. The rejection of Barack Obama Americanism is central to the Republican identity.

I'm sure these Republicans would love to blame the "liberal" media for creating the birther issue, but that's nonsense. Sure, MSNBC covers the birther insanity, but let's not forget that most of the Republican base gets their news from Fox, talk radio, and conservative websites. MSNBC viewers aren't the ones who are birthers, it's Fox viewers.

And I'm sure it won't come as a surprise that one of the first, if not the first, reports on birtherism as a legitimate news story came from none other than Fox, way back in the summer of 2009. And now, surprise, surprise, most Republicans either believe the birther conspiracy is accurate, or they believe it could be accurate.

Republicans have spent the better part of the last two-plus years doubling down on crazy. And now they are getting embarrassed because everybody outside their reality distortion field thinks they've gone nuts. Well, they have. And they should be embarrassed.
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
BUMP
!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Smart Republicans are embarrassed by it.  Stupid Republicans dwell and obsess over it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
smart repubs let trump and others take the political damage for it, but they're rooting for it.

same way obama knew the 911 truthers were helping him by delivering anti-bush votes.  he couldn't say "yeah, the skeptics have some valid Qs" cause you know how the media works.

BUt he sure did reap the benefits.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
epic posting an editorial piece from a liberal rag and passing as big news.

nice try.. well, not really.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I don't get it

why don't they just focus on their economic plan

you know

tax cuts for millionares and getting rid of medicare

that's what the people really want

should be an easy sell

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
I don't get it

you know

should be an easy sell

im not sure but i've heard it's difficult to give tax breaks to people below the tax bracket to actually pay income taxes.  i could be wrong about this.  maybe you should donate more of your income?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
I don't get it

you know

should be an easy sell

It's difficult to believe that in a Betty Blanco thread (with 240 participating), you easily posted the most idiotic comment. Congrats on climbing the ladder of stupid!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
im not sure but i've heard it's difficult to give tax breaks to people below the tax bracket to actually pay income taxes.  i could be wrong about this.  maybe you should donate more of your income?

below what bracket?

1,000,000?

you'd think tax cuts for millionares paid for by cuts to medicare, food stamps, Pell grants and low income housing, etc..  would be an easy sell for Repubs

If we just cut millionares taxes a bit more everything will be fine

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
How about we raise taxes on those who don't pay shit? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
How about we raise taxes on those who don't pay shit? 

you mean corporations and billionares?

good idea

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
you mean corporations and billionares?

good idea

::)  ::)

Do you have any clue how much taxes corps pay whether its SS contribution, workers' comp, payroll, Real Estate, ect?   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Do you have any clue how much taxes corps pay whether its SS contribution, workers' comp, payroll, Real Estate, ect?   

I thought you wanted to raise taxes on those who don't pay shit

we have a class of "persons" who make billions and don't pay shit and we have a class of "persons" who don't make shit and don't pay shit

should we raise taxes by a few % points on the ones who have an annual income < 15k and are already on food stamps, section 8 housing etc.. or should we close tax loopholes that allow people and corporate "persons" who make billions to pay nothing

or

we can do the Repub plan which would be to take from the truly poor and give to to truly wealthy

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
below what bracket?

1,000,000?

you'd think tax cuts for millionares paid for by cuts to medicare, food stamps, Pell grants and low income housing, etc..  would be an easy sell for Repubs

If we just cut millionares taxes a bit more everything will be fine

Families and business owners that pull in 250k/ year aren't millionaires you dumb fuck. Millionaires are the ones who can afford to take risks in the market, invest and actually hire people. Confiscating more of their money and redistributing it to the bottom rung of society that contributes nothing except debt+ continuing to finance massive entitlement programs that are insolvent will not help reduce the deficit.

Hope this helps.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
I thought you wanted to raise taxes on those who don't pay shit

we have a class of "persons" who make billions and don't pay shit and we have a class of "persons" who don't make shit and don't pay shit

should we raise taxes by a few % points on the ones who have an annual income < 15k and are already on food stamps, section 8 housing etc.. or should we close tax loopholes that allow people and corporate "persons" who make billions to pay nothing

or

we can do the Repub plan which would be to take from the truly poor and give to to truly wealthy

Do you know anything about the real world or do you just take your cue from the fist that Rachel Maddow has up your ass? There are so many false and misleading things in your above post that it is honestly laughable you consider yourself "in the know" about political issues and the economy. Don't you supposedly work in finance?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Lets say you have a new doctor who starts making 250k at 45 years old.  Has little savings, and still a lot of school debt.

Currently he gets sacked with all sorts of taxes and maybe nets 175k after all is said and done.

Is that guy rich straw?       

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Do you know anything about the real world or do you just take your cue from the fist that Rachel Maddow has up your ass? There are so many false and misleading things in your above post that it is honestly laughable you consider yourself "in the know" about political issues and the economy. Don't you supposedly work in finance?

LoL

great job claiming I am making false and misleading statements yet failing to actually mention what they are

btw - when did I ever make the claim that I'm "in the know" about political issues

I'm just a guy posting on an obscure message board

just like you

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Lets say you have a new doctor who starts making 250k at 45 years old.  Has little savings, and still a lot of school debt.

Currently he gets sacked with all sorts of taxes and maybe nets 175k after all is said and done.

Is that guy rich straw?       

no by my standard but what's your point

in your example he would have an AGI < 250k and would enjoy a tax cut from Obama

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
no by my standard but what's your point

in your example he would have an AGI < 250k and would enjoy a tax cut from Obama

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
here's a Q -

Did tax cuts work so well in the 20s/30s because there wasn't a such thing as globalization back then?  US business owners got a cut, and they hired americans to do work.  TODAY, they get a cut, and they can either hire americans, or hire foreigners for a fraction of the price.

IMO, since even golden boy Mit Romney sent jobs overseas - many will use this $ overseas.  I'd LOVE a tax break which required teh company to get the extra $ to spend on AMERICAN salaries. 

Would that be a good idea?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

what part don't you agree with

I don't think the doctor in your example (btw - how many new doctors are there @ 45) is wealthy

I guess from the eye roll you think he is

His AGI is < 250k so he does enjoy a tax cut courtesy of Obama

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
what part don't you agree with

I don't think the doctor in your example (btw - how many new doctors are there @ 45) is wealthy

I guess from the eye roll you think he is

His AGI is < 250k so he does enjoy a tax cut courtesy of Obama

Cause you are an idiot, thats why.  new docs start practicing at about 30 y/o.   Average MD makes 165k a year as it is.   

Of course in the mentally disordered leftist communist world you inhabit - that guy needs to get sacked w taxes to payfor the wortheless shit and vermin you consider victims of society.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Cause you are an idiot, thats why.  new docs start practicing at about 30 y/o.   Average MD makes 165k a year as it is.   

Of course in the mentally disordered leftist communist world you inhabit - that guy needs to get sacked w taxes to payfor the wortheless shit and vermin you consider victims of society.   

so why did you make the new doc in your example 45

I said the doc in your example is not wealthly (btw I know a couple of doctors who make ~ 900k annually and I would call them wealthy and they would agree with me)

The doctor in your example would benefit an Obama tax cut and if he purchased a home and was smart about funding his retirement account he would pay less taxes than in your example.

btw - net income of 175k is not bad and actually damn good in many parts of the country

Morever, it's not the guys @ 175k or 200k that are paying too little.  I'ts the millionares, billionares and multi-national corporations

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
so why did you make the new doc in your example 45

I said the doc in your example is not wealthly (btw I know a couple of doctors who make ~ 900k annually and I would call them wealthy and they would agree with me)

The doctor in your example would benefit an Obama tax cut and if he purchased a home and was smart about funding his retirement account he would pay less taxes than in your example.

btw - net income of 175k is not bad and actually damn good in many parts of the country

Morever, it's not the guys @ 175k or 200k that are paying too little.  I'ts the millionares, billionares and multi-national corporations

That is the nonsnse an lies you clowns on the communist wing of the dem party liketo shill, but somehw - it always and conveniently affects people making drastically less as the anticpated revenue never matches the promises and you dipshits have to go ather down the ladder to make p the revenue.

We have seen this shit show play out many times already by you leftists.   Party of the little guy my fucking ass.  Take your bright ideas and grand schemes and fuck off.         

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
here's a Q -

Did tax cuts work so well in the 20s/30s because there wasn't a such thing as globalization back then?  US business owners got a cut, and they hired americans to do work.  TODAY, they get a cut, and they can either hire americans, or hire foreigners for a fraction of the price.

IMO, since even golden boy Mit Romney sent jobs overseas - many will use this $ overseas.  I'd LOVE a tax break which required teh company to get the extra $ to spend on AMERICAN salaries. 

Would that be a good idea?

The US raised taxes to pay for WW1 (unlike our current situation where we started 2 wars and then cut taxes) and then lowered them after the war.   There was also a ton of new an innovative industries that exploded in the twenties (automobiles, chemical industry, movie/radio/television, etc..).   Let's also not forget lax banking regulation which created and asset bubble and the subsequent collapse in the following decade.    I don't see how trying to recreate the business climate of the twenties is going to help our current situation