Author Topic: Halarious Boddy Heenan commentates while Scott Steiner intimidates fans.  (Read 9674 times)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Priceless comments by Heenan. Some of the best commentating ever in the first part of the vid, and overall very entertaining combo with Heenan, Schivone and Tenay. Comedy gold.

"He hates women, children and, old people.. Everyone."  

"It would be fun to have her as a neighbor, wouldn't it?" Lmao

littleguns

• Getbig V
Steiner was one of the guys whose personality in the ring was the same outside.....

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Forgot how smooth and athletic Booker T was in his younger years.

Steiner really knew how to play it up for the fans, too. He wasn't always like that out side of the ring, though. A few years ago, I happened to be sitting in the same section as Steiner during the OSU/Michigan game in Ann Arbor(he's a former Michigan alum). He was very cordial and was flexing for the fans once he was recognized.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV

Steiner really knew how to play it up for the fans, too. He wasn't always like that out side of the ring, though. A few years ago, I happened to be sitting in the same section as Steiner during the OSU/Michigan game in Ann Arbor(he's a former Michigan alum). He was very cordial and was flexing for the fans once he was recognized.

Heard he was a nice guy and everything, but you can definitely tell his character is an extension of his true inner self. And Booker was a hell of an athlete back then, as well as Steiner. They always put of entertaining shows together.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending

IMO Booker was very under-rated. His ability back in the WCW days especially when he tagged with his brother was phenomenal.

Steiner is gold.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
I remember when Nitro used to travel, I am pretty sure it was Australia, Steiner went outside the ring and was jawing with the crowd.  You could see that many were legitimately scared of him.  It was great stuff and he played it up pretty well.

Playboy

• Getbig V
I remember when Nitro used to travel, I am pretty sure it was Australia, Steiner went outside the ring and was jawing with the crowd.  You could see that many were legitimately scared of him.  It was great stuff and he played it up pretty well.
I remember him yelling at some guy in the crowd that thought he was biog, he told him, "shut up and sit your pip squeek ass down." Priceless.  :)

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
He just has that look of someone you just don't want to mess with.

When I was in the guy with him, people tended to stay out of his way.  He and I were in the leg room quite a few nights basically just the two of us.  We talked and worked in a few sets together.  He was a pretty cool guy.

I usually trained legs on Monday, so we would usually turn on the tv and talk about whatever was going on that night.

Playboy

• Getbig V

When I was in the guy with him, people tended to stay out of his way.  He and I were in the leg room quite a few nights basically just the two of us.  We talked and worked in a few sets together.  He was a pretty cool guy.

I usually trained legs on Monday, so we would usually turn on the tv and talk about whatever was going on that night.
He is strong as a bull too. I've seen him bang off reps of flat dumbbell presses with 120's, 130's and 140's like feathers.

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
I heard a story years ago about when Scotty first got going in the business.  There was an angle where he was supposed to go to ringside for a taping with a black eye, having been jumped outside the ring.  The crew had makeup ready to go, but Scotty told Rick to hit him instead.  Rick hammered him, and he earned a legit tough guy rep immediately.  Also, I remember stories that if a wrestler botched a Steiner spot, notably the Frankensteiner, Scott and Rick would legit work him for a few minutes with potatoes to punish him for it.  Fun guy to watch, to I'd give him a VERY wide berth.

Playboy

• Getbig V
I heard a story years ago about when Scotty first got going in the business.  There was an angle where he was supposed to go to ringside for a taping with a black eye, having been jumped outside the ring.  The crew had makeup ready to go, but Scotty told Rick to hit him instead.  Rick hammered him, and he earned a legit tough guy rep immediately.  Also, I remember stories that if a wrestler botched a Steiner spot, notably the Frankensteiner, Scott and Rick would legit work him for a few minutes with potatoes to punish him for it.  Fun guy to watch, to I'd give him a VERY wide berth.
True on all counts. No one f**ks with Scott Steiner. Bret Hart even stated that during hiw WCW days, when Scott Steiner came walking down the hall, it was like Moses parted the sea the way people got out of his way.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
Steiner is a legend...one hard bastard too.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
a great clip, the man was crazy but a top tier addition to any roster in any generation

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Steiner is a legend...one hard bastard too.

...and a perfect example that "juice" does NOT KILL!!!

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
...and a perfect example that "juice" does NOT KILL!!!

True, but we might not want to use him as the poster boy against roid rage. ;D

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
  • It's a little known fact
He's my favorite  wrestler of all time...

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
I've not seen anyone work the crowd like that in years, amazing ability to generate heat.

Playboy

• Getbig V
"All I care about are my peaks...and my freaks!"

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV

Definitely. Guy was built like a bull and just looked like the last mofo you would ever wanna see in a dark alley. Strong as f#ck too with some insane peaks, curls 120 dumbbells like nothing.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Lmao at 1:55 those dudes all took a BIG step back when he got a little too close for comfort. Such a believable whack job.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
That last one would have been a good scrap.  Steiner versus The Cat.

mass 04

• Getbig V
It was depressing to hear Bobby kind of pack it in during the dying days of WCW...can't say I blame him.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
That last one would have been a good scrap.  Steiner versus The Cat.

Didnt he have sort of Karate background or something? He was a great entertainer, but Steiner would have made him his bitch.

mass 04

• Getbig V
Didnt he have sort of Karate background or something? He was a great entertainer, but Steiner would have made him his bitch.
I read somewhere that he was Bischoff's kid's Karate teacher and Eric asked him if he wanted to wrestle.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
I read somewhere that he was Bischoff's kid's Karate teacher and Eric asked him if he wanted to wrestle.

Bingo, knew there was some connection there. Too bad WWE didnt snag him while they had the chance, he was great on the mic with quick whit. I think he played a part in "The Wrestler" as well.. Props to him.