Author Topic: Gsp Weightgain  (Read 13682 times)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Re: Gsp Weightgain
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 06:54:59 AM »
GSP is a middle weight, and Anderson is a light heavy. They are both great fighters but you can't deny their edge is in their abilities to cut and quickly rehydrate.  Fedor fights guys 50 lbs heavier and gets criticised. GSP and Silva inflate 20 lbs before their fights and are praised.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:29:44 AM »
Weight cutting and how effective you are is part of the sport.

It's a tool every fighter can use.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 07:42:17 AM »
Weight cutting and how effective you are is part of the sport.

It's a tool every fighter can use.

You'd find a problem if fedor fought guys 20 lbs lighter

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 07:50:06 AM »
\

That's irrelevant in this case, isn't it.

Weight cutting is part of combat sports. Been that way forever. 

TPT

• Getbig II
  • I smoke spheroidal joints.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 12:12:21 PM »
GSP came down from 193.

Still with the added muscle he looked too fucking small for Anderson Silva. Better fight is with Diaz.
RIP Anabolic Society

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 04:20:51 PM »

GSP & Anderson are not fighting guys that are 20 lbs lighter ::)  All the guys they fight are also cutting weight ::)
w

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 05:15:42 PM »
GSP & Anderson are not fighting guys that are 20 lbs lighter ::)  All the guys they fight are also cutting weight ::)

But a legit 170 lber wouldn't stand a chance, which should reflect what a welterweight is.

When you pull over a 20 lb swing in weight in 24 hrs, it just seems to be bending it too far IMO.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 05:18:13 PM »

But a legit 170 lber wouldn't stand a chance, which should reflect what a welterweight is.

When you pull over a 20 lb swing in weight in 24 hrs, it just seems to be bending it too far IMO.

What's your point?  If they are all cutting weight and rehydrating the day after, they are fighting at around the same weight.  So, there is no advantage. 
w

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 06:07:37 PM »
What's your point?  If they are all cutting weight and rehydrating the day after, they are fighting at around the same weight.  So, there is no advantage. 

There is an advantage to those who can manipulate their true weight more effectively. They should compute an average weight a month out till fight night or something and tell it like it is.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 11:17:59 PM »
  There is an advantage to those who can manipulate their true weight more effectively. They should compute an average weight a month out till fight night or something and tell it like it is.

Lol
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 03:22:51 PM »
weight cutting is for pussies that are afraid of men their own size or bigger

Mr. Emelianenko dextroyed men bigger than him for years, he considers cutting down once and fights a few men that normally cut (lindland, henderson), his haters call him a pussy ::)

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 04:32:39 PM »
weight cutting is for pussies that are afraid of men their own size or bigger

Mr. Emelianenko dextroyed men bigger than him for years, he considers cutting down once and fights a few men that normally cut (lindland, henderson), his haters call him a pussy ::)

E

lol.  I guess that's why he fought Aoki, Lindland and now is fighting Hendo.  BTW, Hendo asked that Fedor come down to 205 and fight men his own size. Fedor said the only way he would fight Hendo was at 220.  Hendo was more than willing.  Seems to me like Fedor is quif and Hendo is a really man.

By the way, WTF is going on in that avatar of yours?
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 07:01:14 PM »
lol.  I guess that's why he fought Aoki, Lindland and now is fighting Hendo.  BTW, Hendo asked that Fedor come down to 205 and fight men his own size. Fedor said the only way he would fight Hendo was at 220.  Hendo was more than willing.  Seems to me like Fedor is quif and Hendo is a really man.

By the way, WTF is going on in that avatar of yours?

i mentioned lindland, funny how you look at the few exceptions rather than the numerous bigger men he destroyed

your ufc heroes only fight smaller men, cowards

the dog shit on the chick

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 01:03:31 PM »
i mentioned lindland, funny how you look at the few exceptions rather than the numerous bigger men he destroyed

your ufc heroes only fight smaller men, cowards

the dog shit on the chick

E

Who, exactly, is fighting smaller men?  Last time I checked, everyone (without exception) cuts weight for their fights.  As for Fedor, the only truly skilled fighters he ever beat were Big Nog and CroCop...both were not much bigger than him.  All of the "giants" he fought were circus sideshows like Hongman Choi.  So what do you make of Fedor beng too much of a pussy to meet Hendo at 205?
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 01:08:05 PM »
Who, exactly, is fighting smaller men?  Last time I checked, everyone (without exception) cuts weight for their fights.  As for Fedor, the only truly skilled fighters he ever beat were Big Nog and CroCop...both were not much bigger than him.  All of the "giants" he fought were circus sideshows like Hongman Choi.  So what do you make of Fedor beng too much of a pussy to meet Hendo at 205?

who is fighting smaller men?  are you serious with that question?

how about every light heavyweight fighter that walks around as a heavyweight

how about anderson silva and rick franklin walking around well over 200

heavyweight champion is the king of the mountain, the best in the world

all other titles are glorified "small man" titles

all of them are pussies, where do you get the nerve to knock the great Fedor who fought bigger men, could you possibly be anymore of a hater

why on earth should the greatest fighter ever have to cut weight for the first time in his career? 

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 02:05:44 PM »
who is fighting smaller men?  are you serious with that question?

how about every light heavyweight fighter that walks around as a heavyweight

how about anderson silva and rick franklin walking around well over 200

heavyweight champion is the king of the mountain, the best in the world

all other titles are glorified "small man" titles

all of them are pussies, where do you get the nerve to knock the great Fedor who fought bigger men, could you possibly be anymore of a hater

why on earth should the greatest fighter ever have to cut weight for the first time in his career? 

E

LOL Earl, are you on your period again?  Why should Fedor have to cut weight?  Newsflash!  He lost two in a row.  The most recent to a glorified can.  Fedor can't hang with the big boys any more, so what does he do?  He fights a small light heavy weight...lol. 

BTW, is there a youtube version of that diarrhea dog?
w

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 03:32:13 PM »
lol.  I guess that's why he fought Aoki, Lindland and now is fighting Hendo.  BTW, Hendo asked that Fedor come down to 205 and fight men his own size. Fedor said the only way he would fight Hendo was at 220.  Hendo was more than willing.  Seems to me like Fedor is quif and Hendo is a really man.

Aoki was exhibition. M-1 Global wanted a catchweight bout between 215-220. Henderson refused and wanted him at HW. He didn't want the excuse of beating Fedor cause he cut too much weight. That was from MMA news.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 05:33:40 PM »
This is a no win situation for Fedor and nothing but an embarrassment that his career has come to this.

He's fighting a smaller guy. A guy that has recently fought at MW and LHW?

When I was in school, they used to call picking on the little guy, being a bully.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 06:12:09 PM »

LOL Earl, are you on your period again?  Why should Fedor have to cut weight?  Newsflash!  He lost two in a row.  The most recent to a glorified can.  Fedor can't hang with the big boys any more, so what does he do?  He fights a small light heavy weight...lol. 

BTW, is there a youtube version of that diarrhea dog?

he lost to a much bigger man, none of your ufc heroes that fight below heavyweight would've had the balls to fight him, and explain to me how silva is a can

i don't know about a video for the dog

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 06:13:56 PM »
This is a no win situation for Fedor and nothing but an embarrassment that his career has come to this.

He's fighting a smaller guy. A guy that has recently fought at MW and LHW?

When I was in school, they used to call picking on the little guy, being a bully.

and Fedor killing bigger guys for years was what? 

you will hate on the best fighter we have ever been priviledged to watch no matter what

keep hating while your ufc heroes keep praising him, makes you look so smart ;)

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 06:39:26 PM »
and Fedor killing bigger guys for years was what? 

you will hate on the best fighter we have ever been priviledged to watch no matter what

keep hating while your ufc heroes keep praising him, makes you look so smart ;)

E

Bullying smaller guys around is no way for a fighter to go out. Damn shame.  I'm not the biggest Fedor fan, but I didn't want this to happen to him.  Go out like a man, fighting the best. Win or Lose, there's no shame in that.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 07:17:49 PM »
Bullying smaller guys around is no way for a fighter to go out. Damn shame.  I'm not the biggest Fedor fan, but I didn't want this to happen to him.  Go out like a man, fighting the best. Win or Lose, there's no shame in that.

he's not going out after the henderson fight

no fighter can say he's been a bigger bully killer than Fedor

6'0 and a very soft 230 lbs beating taller, heavier and more muscular man

that guy is my hero :D

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 09:28:15 PM »
he's not going out after the henderson fight

no fighter can say he's been a bigger bully killer than Fedor

6'0 and a very soft 230 lbs beating taller, heavier and more muscular man

that guy is my hero :D

E

You're right...there are quite a few past their prime cans that he can take fights with. Lindland want a rematch.  Maybe Babalu?
Trigg? Shamrock? Wonder who it'll be.

Still sad to see that his career has come to this....at least take fights with HW cans.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »
You're right...there are quite a few past their prime cans that he can take fights with. Lindland want a rematch.  Maybe Babalu?
Trigg? Shamrock? Wonder who it'll be.

Still sad to see that his career has come to this....at least take fights with HW cans.

do you think you know mma more than all of the elite fighters that say Fedor is great or the greatest of all time?

think about it for a second ::)

E
E