Author Topic: Do you take people seriously when they talk about the Anti-Christ, the 2nd...  (Read 12932 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Coming or any of the other religious claptrap?

Generally speaking, in my experience, people who sincerely believe these things have views that are so skewed on other issues that reasonable debate is an impossibility.

What do you think?
I hate the State.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Depends on if you are a Christian or not if so then better believe in it. I assume eastern religions do not take "much stock into the matter" such as Hindus and Buddhists so a mute point.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Not sane.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
Christians believe, and believing is not knowing. You can't take people who do not know serious.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Why do you call it the 2nd coming?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
my mother and older sister are truly devoted Roman Catholics, and regularly preach most will walk into the wrong light to the false profit.

i wanna be on sisco's team of angels.  >:(

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

...of Christ...
I hate the State.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
...of Christ...

I've discussed this on my thread on the religious board in the past couple of weeks

but why do people call it the 2nd coming of Christ? It's the 3rd coming.

1st coming- he was born
2nd coming- after the 3rd day
3rd coming- ?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I've discussed this on my thread on the religious board in the past couple of weeks

but why do people call it the 2nd coming of Christ? It's the 3rd coming.

1st coming- he was born
2nd coming- after the 3rd day
3rd coming- ?

Well, it might as well be the 10th coming..all nonsense.
I hate the State.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Yes I do, I don't think these beliefs should be taken into account when summing up a person.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Yes I do, I don't think these beliefs should be taken into account when summing up a person.

Why not? Usually such people are not particularly rational about other things.
I hate the State.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Well, it might as well be the 10th coming..all nonsense.

"Nobody can come 10 times."

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
I usually start bringing up the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.  Then laugh and say, "Yeah, people usually believe anything you tell them from birth."
I recently came across a bible in a night stand at a hotel....I reply, "WTF is this shit."  Then went to bed.
N

Butterbean

• Getbig V

Generally speaking, in my experience, people who sincerely believe these things have views that are so skewed on other issues that reasonable debate is an impossibility.

What do you think?

Let's have a reasonable debate about it.

:D
R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Let's have a reasonable debate about it.

:D

Well, to be fair, many humans have splintered, fractious minds, so it is possible to believe in silliness and then be reasonable about something else, so long as that does not interfere with the silliness.
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Well, to be fair, many humans have splintered, fractious minds, so it is possible to believe in silliness and then be reasonable about something else, so long as that does not interfere with the silliness.

Just what I was thinking 8)  :)

R

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
I'm glad we're going to finally get to the bottom of this.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I'm glad we're going to finally get to the bottom of this.

Great White Sharks>>>Red Kangaroos>>>Grey Kangaroos... :o
I hate the State.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
> these bloody Aussies.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
> these bloody Aussies.

By now you are basically one too... ;)
I hate the State.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
By now you are basically one too... ;)

You mean... actually belong somewhere?!  Nevar!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
You mean... actually belong somewhere?!  Nevar!

Ehm, do you have the Red Kangaroos or the Grey ones on your side, always get that mixed up.
I hate the State.

Reeves

• Getbig IV

What do you think?

You either believe the New Testament of the Bible or you don't.  There is no need to debate anyone unless either side is trying to convince the other.  Fuck if I care what you believe in so long as it has zero effect upon me and to be perfectly honest this particular subject really has no effect upon me.  Why? Because I do no believe it to be so and there really is no proof to support its supposition.

Apparently it is having an effect on you but I suspect that is only because you allow it to.

There, wasn't that simple? 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
You either believe the New Testament of the Bible or you don't.  There is no need to debate anyone unless either side is trying to convince the other.  Fuck if I care what you believe in so long as it has zero effect upon me and to be perfectly honest this particular subject really has no effect upon me.  Why? Because I do no believe it to be so and there really is no proof to support its supposition.

Apparently it is having an effect on you but I suspect that is only because you allow it to.

There, wasn't that simple? 

Not really, just bored. ;)
I hate the State.

Reeves

• Getbig IV

For fucks sake, are you still hung up on this number thing? Here, let me  help you out.  It is the return of Christ to gather the believers to him in what has been termed the Rapture, the beginning of the ultimate battle of good against evil and finally the judgment of mankind.   If you actually believed in this event you'd be less concerned with the number of times Christ has already been here and more so with the state of your "soul". 

Personally I think you're hung up on semantics and the like in some sort of wicked anal retentive fashion, how else to explain your constant question of why it's referred to as the second coming.  FTN.  He is either coming back as foretold or not.  If you've read and believe the words in the New Testament you'd know that no one knows the  hour of his return, but then you'd likely begin asking if the clock was going to be in military, civilian or GMT.  Get the fuck over it, man.  ;)

Thus endeth today's theological seminar.   ;D