Author Topic: Gsp vs. nick diaz set for october  (Read 16879 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: Gsp vs. nick diaz set for october
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2011, 09:00:54 PM »
theres an mma board, dicknose.

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2011, 09:02:26 PM »
Nick Diaz FTW

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2011, 09:03:28 PM »
theres an mma board, dicknose.

;D  There's also an ironing board Nancy.
a

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »
LMAO!

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2011, 09:07:04 PM »
GSP is not even worth watching anymore, the guy should have his earnings cut by Dana White, for the last 5 fights he's gone the exact same route, the safe route.. that's not how a champion fights, in my opinion he's become a complete loser in the cage, afraid to do anything but jab from the outside and the occasional takedown , he plays it so safe that he's become the most boring fighter in the UFC. 5 rounds of the same shit everytime, and then he has the nerve to apologize to t he fans EVERY FUCKING TIME and he says the exact same shit 'Oh I am sorrreee to my fans for putting on such a boring fight'  all you can expect from him anymore is 5 round decision.

GSP does not have knock out power.    And for this reason he is afraid to really commit to a stand up game.    So ALL his fights will always go the same way.  At least with anyone who possess a decent defense against take downs and subs.     I don't think Nick has what it takes to concur GSP  so itll be another walk and talk 5 round decision
I

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2011, 09:13:09 PM »
GSP lost a lot of explosivness and strenght when took up gymnastics to train for his last fight (Rush fitness). If he trains the same way for Diaz as he did for Sheilds, he'll get killed. Diaz is strong, explosive and one tough mother f**ker.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2011, 09:18:15 PM »
GSP lost a lot of explosivness and strenght when took up gymnastics to train for his last fight (Rush fitness). If he trains the same way for Diaz as he did for Sheilds, he'll get killed. Diaz is strong, explosive and one tough mother f**ker.

I'm sorry, but Diaz is nowhere near GSP in terms of fight caliber.

Many critics are finding this match-up to be comical at the very least.

Diaz is in no way comparable to GSP, not in skillset and certainly not in penis size.

"1"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2011, 09:23:54 PM »
Skill wise I agree, not very people are the same caliber as GSP, but again, it may come down to strength and power (explosivness) which GSP lost in that last fight.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2011, 09:24:18 PM »
Lay and pray FTW!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
GSP does not have knock out power.    And for this reason he is afraid to really commit to a stand up game.    So ALL his fights will always go the same way.  At least with anyone who possess a decent defense against take downs and subs.     I don't think Nick has what it takes to concur GSP  so itll be another walk and talk 5 round decision

Exactly, he's never had the ability to finish fights, so he takes everything to decision, and he's too much of a bitch to move up 10lbs. and face Silva because he knows he's going to get murdered. So instead he's hogging the division and taking every fight to decision with 5 rounds of boring ass bullshit

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2011, 12:42:09 AM »
The one thing diaz brings here is unpredictability. Gsp likes  control and when fighters come out of nowhere at him you get things like the serra ko and the Matt Hughes armbar.

The real challenger with world class credentials at ww is nate the great. Will see how he adjusts to the cut from a big mw

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2011, 12:43:32 AM »
I'm sorry, but Diaz is nowhere near GSP in terms of fight caliber.

Many critics are finding this match-up to be comical at the very least.

Diaz is in no way comparable to GSP, not in skillset and certainly not in penis size.

"1"

i agree. coach has no idea what he is talking about
irongearco.com

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2011, 02:21:42 AM »
GSP should run some nolva... he has gyno from the intense test prop pining...
S

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2011, 03:19:19 AM »
GSP is not even worth watching anymore, the guy should have his earnings cut by Dana White, for the last 5 fights he's gone the exact same route, the safe route.. that's not how a champion fights, in my opinion he's become a complete loser in the cage, afraid to do anything but jab from the outside and the occasional takedown , he plays it so safe that he's become the most boring fighter in the UFC. 5 rounds of the same shit everytime, and then he has the nerve to apologize to t he fans EVERY FUCKING TIME and he says the exact same shit 'Oh I am sirree to my fans for putting on such a boring fight'  all you can expect from him anymore is 5 round decision.

He just brought 50 000 people to an MMA event, that's most then the last 2 records combined, he smashed all paper view records...and if you think it was anybody but him, you're delusional. Ya I understand he is boring, but if he had an event next week it would sell out and that's the bottomline, from a business point of view he is worth every penny Dana has given him. But everything else you wrote, I agree.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2011, 05:49:29 AM »
He just brought 50 000 people to an MMA event, that's most then the last 2 records combined, he smashed all paper view records...and if you think it was anybody but him, you're delusional. Ya I understand he is boring, but if he had an event next week it would sell out and that's the bottomline, from a business point of view he is worth every penny Dana has given him. But everything else you wrote, I agree.

fantastic
Y

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2011, 06:58:08 AM »
I hope gsp dies in the cage. How does this guy have fans still.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2011, 07:06:20 AM »
I give Diaz as much of a shot as I gave Matt Sera.

GSP will have to finish him-- or at least fight.

Gameplan should go out the window. On sheer talent alone GSP should annihilate Diaz. However, Greg Jackson has him fighting like a fucking ballerina. Pulling something like that against Diaz is either going to result in a loss or a really dissipointing win. Either way his rep is going to be tarnished.

If Georges fights Diaz he should win easily. If he is cautious, he may lose.

Excellent synopsis.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2011, 09:32:29 AM »
The thing that makes Diaz an interesting opponent for GSP's safe style is the fact that there's no real safe place to fight Diaz.  Sure, GSP may use his wrestling, which has been a weak point for Diaz, but Diaz has a great ground game, so there is still risk. IMO, I think Diaz has pretty comparable stand-up and Diaz is not afraid to get hit and can take a punch.  If Diaz starts landing the jabs on GSP, he way very well take this fight.  We all know GSP does not like and it not used to getting punched.

I think Diaz has a great chance at beating GSP.  I think Diaz is a handful for many reasons and just the guy to make GSP fight if nothing else.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2011, 09:49:24 AM »
wrong nicks stand up is great his ground game is the same submissions are his game gsp might not want to take nick down he submits guys from his back..
p

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2011, 10:56:26 AM »
Rooting for Diaz, probably for the first time.  :o

Unfortunately, I see a long night of take downs, with GSP passing Nick's guard and issuing a beat down mostly from side mount. Hopefully the fight won't be stopped on cuts.

!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2011, 11:50:32 AM »
Rooting for Diaz, probably for the first time.  :o

Unfortunately, I see a long night of take downs, with GSP passing Nick's guard and issuing a beat down mostly from side mount. Hopefully the fight won't be stopped on cuts.

Diaz has truly made me a fan over the years.  His "bad-attitude" has made him unlikeable at times, but in the end, he's the one that made out. He's getting his big money and title shot straight out of Stikeforce and has created one of the most anticipated/fan requested fights in a long time.

IMO, Diaz knew what he was doing all along playing his "bad attitude" character.

I can't remember the last time I saw a boring Diaz fight.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2011, 12:17:30 PM »
I'd love to see Diaz win, but it's not happening anytime soon.

There always is a puncher's chance though.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2011, 06:34:58 PM »

No way will Rumble stand. Nate has a reputation for power strikes going back a long way. Might be a Cheal Sonnen impersonator that turns up on the night.
Rumble is OUT.
Rick Story will beat be fighting Nate.
!

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2011, 08:40:49 PM »
I think GSP will go for the 25 minute lay and pray, but Diaz is so good off his back, the takedowns might be playing into his strengths.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2011, 12:39:46 AM »
Rumble is OUT.
Rick Story will beat be fighting Nate.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/06/02/ufc-books-rick-story-vs-nate-marquardt-for-june-26/

Oh shit! Almost as excited about that as Condit v Lytle. Which probably means it also won't happen. Story will have to moderate his take downs as Nate won't let the counter slip-by.