Author Topic: "Personal Training"??  (Read 10290 times)

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
Re: "Personal Training"??
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 06:53:39 PM »
I like threads like this especially when I read that personal training is a scam then I read some of the training shit on here about how people train and their training routines and wonder who really knows more...LOL.

How do you really feel about three full body workouts three times a week Coach?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 07:18:18 PM »
One of our training systems is a full body three days per week system. Done right, there's nothing better!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2011, 07:21:37 PM »
I like threads like this especially when I read that personal training is a scam then I read some of the training shit on here about how people train and their training routines and wonder who really knows more...LOL.

Coach you're a good guy and a good businessman, but any jerkoff can become a PT....you can literally walk off the street and interview for the job at a gym, without ever training a person in your life and having no credentials. And if the fitness director thinks you can sell packages and make him money, he will hire you on the spot

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2011, 07:21:45 PM »
Sounds like a glowing, yet conditional, endorsement. Thanks Coach!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2011, 07:28:22 PM »
Not disagreeing you groink.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2011, 07:29:31 PM »
I'm really not sure where or when this nonsense of paying some half-a-fag fifty bucks an hour to teahc you how to curl a five pound dumbell while standing on a big red ball.  In fifteen minutes I can give you all the info you need to know on how to lift weights, eat and look like a man.

There's your answer.

Idiots will pay the money. So people are there to capitalize.

Cash in on people's ignorance. Nothing wrong with that really.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
Again, lots of people on here dogging trainers. So here's a challenge for all of you who think you really think its easy. Design a 12 week periodized program from beginning to end.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011, 08:01:30 PM »
Again, lots of people on here dogging trainers. So here's a challenge for all of you who think you really think its easy. Design a 12 week periodized program from beginning to end.
I can copy and paste it from Berardi's site , just like you do.

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 08:02:48 PM »

Coach, I have a question, with all of the copy written about new exercise plans and strategies, how do you separate the wheat from the chaff? Is there any practical way to test out the theories of the myriad of professional writers without making your test subject suffer from sub optimal results? It seems like perhaps certain plans succeed not because of their efficacy, but due to their marketing budget and seminar schedule.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 08:08:05 PM »

Incredibly easy.

I could make a plan like that in 15 minutes.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 08:09:28 PM »
Working out is very complicated.

BradleyBryant

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 08:13:58 PM »
Personally, I believe that most people could get a good program from any old muscle mag without paying somebody and just experimenting.  There are a few demographics requiring special needs that I truly believe trainers can help.

Sadly, thanks to YMCAs and LA Fitness Clubs all over, the 'real' trainers out there get a bad rep.  

Anybody with fifty bucks and an internet connection can get 'certified' nowadays

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2011, 08:25:11 PM »

Week 1:  Sex
Week 2:  Sex
Week 3:  Sex
week 4:  Blowjob
Week 5:  Sex
Week 6:  Sex
Week 7:  Sex
Week 8:  Blowjob
Week 9:  Sex
Week 10:  Sex
Week 11:  Sex
Week 12:  Blowjob

Fucking Periodized

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2011, 08:31:02 PM »
Most people 95% dont or cant understand that all you really have to do is exert yourself.  Most people just can't do it.  Exert as in Exercise.  Duh fucking idiots.  If you're not gasping for breath, you're not exerting.  and Exerting = stimulus and stimulus = results.  Jesus great society we built here.

AngrySOB

• Getbig I
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2011, 08:34:09 PM »
I'm really not sure where or when this nonsense of paying some half-a-fag fifty bucks an hour to teahc you how to curl a five pound dumbell while standing on a big red ball.  In fifteen minutes I can give you all the info you need to know on how to lift weights, eat and look like a man.

I learned how to lift by watching videos of Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler, Victor Martinez and Branch Warren on youtube... I kept seeing them do certain exercises - squats, deads, bench, rows... so I looked up videos on how to do those. Taught myself everything I know! Perfected it though with help from some of the guys in my gym and some of the info on the boards... Don't get the personal trainer thing. They slap you on a bosu ball and hand you 5 pound dumbbells. And the idea of unstable platform training and "training the core" has been shot to shit as far as injury prevention goes.
):< AngrySOB >:(

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2011, 08:44:38 PM »
I think the people that want to train their "core" need to get a part time job doing manual labor. I got more core training in today chopping and hauling two trees that fell over my branch than they are likely to get in two weeks training in a gym. Go get a job changing tires, castrating cattle, digging ditches, whatever.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2011, 08:50:46 PM »
I think the people that want to train their "core" need to get a part time job doing manual labor. I got more core training in today chopping and hauling two trees that fell over my branch than they are likely to get in two weeks training in a gym. Go get a job changing tires, castrating cattle, digging ditches, whatever.

No chunkramwell, the only way to train your core is with a 12-week periodization program and obtuse fitness equipment.  I will reveal these secrets to you for only $45/hour.

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 08:52:01 PM »
No chunkramwell, the only way to train your core is with a 12-week periodization program and obtuse fitness equipment.  I will reveal these secrets to you for only $45/hour.

Where do I send my money Hulkotron!!!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 08:56:28 PM »
It's the consulting principle. It's about transferring responsibility, not information.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »
It's the consulting principle. It's about transferring responsibility, not information.

Yes, very good point.

AngrySOB

• Getbig I
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2011, 08:59:19 PM »

lol
):< AngrySOB >:(

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2011, 09:33:04 PM »
All of the answers in this thread proves my point. Especially the dude that said all you have to do is exert yourself. Hahahahahahahaha!

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2011, 09:48:59 PM »
You should clarify Coach.. 'cuz I'm not sure what you're getting at..?  Explain please.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2011, 09:53:37 PM »
Explain what?

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
All of the answers in this thread proves my point. Especially the dude that said all you have to do is exert yourself. Hahahahahahahaha!

... this..?