Author Topic: "Personal Training"??  (Read 10293 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: "Personal Training"??
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2011, 11:14:48 PM »
... this..?

There are a few people on here who know what I'm talking about, know to train and know how to program a training routine. Unless I missed something, those people are not in this thread, as a matter of fact there is only one other person on here that I will ask his opinion on because quite frankly, he knows just as much if not more than I do. I'm not saying I know it all, I don't. But I do know when someone knows what they're talking about and when they don't. When I see someone write "I could put a routine together in 15min" or "all you have to do is exert yourself" that tells me they're clueless on training and they only routine they put together are the one's they copy out of a magazine.

Not everything works for everyone, people are different. If you train someone who doesn't know how to squat for example... and his/her heels come up when they come down (I'm just referring to a body weight squat btw) can you figure out the problem? Most of the time it's not as simple as you might think. If a person is squatting with a valgum, do know what to do to correct that? 99% of the time it takes few weeks or more to correct. Simple right?

Most people who put together routines don't know the reasons why they put their exercise selections in they way they do, they just know thats what it said in muscle and fitness or flex. So when I ask to periodize a 12 week program, most can't do it.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2011, 12:24:54 AM »
"Know their shit", huh?  I see these wimps in the gym, these "personal trainers".  Typically weigh about a hundred and forty pounds, have twelve inch arms, and dress like fags.  Never see them benching or squatting.  Always with a big round ball or a princess dumbell.  You can learn to squat, bench press, and chin up for free.  Or you can pay some wimp and continue to look like something other than a man.
Quoted for truth!
Only generation nothingness pay for personal training!
How fucking difficult it is to learn how to squat ,bench press,deadlift,row or pull-up that you have to pay sameone!
You have to be a moron without any willpower if you pay a personal trainer!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2011, 12:38:29 AM »
There are a few people on here who know what I'm talking about, know to train and know how to program a training routine. Unless I missed something, those people are not in this thread, as a matter of fact there is only one other person on here that I will ask his opinion on because quite frankly, he knows just as much if not more than I do. I'm not saying I know it all, I don't. But I do know when someone knows what they're talking about and when they don't. When I see someone write "I could put a routine together in 15min" or "all you have to do is exert yourself" that tells me they're clueless on training and they only routine they put together are the one's they copy out of a magazine.

Not everything works for everyone, people are different. If you train someone who doesn't know how to squat for example... and his/her heels come up when they come down (I'm just referring to a body weight squat btw) can you figure out the problem? Most of the time it's not as simple as you might think. If a person is squatting with a valgum, do know what to do to correct that? 99% of the time it takes few weeks or more to correct. Simple right?

Most people who put together routines don't know the reasons why they put their exercise selections in they way they do, they just know thats what it said in muscle and fitness or flex. So when I ask to periodize a 12 week program, most can't do it.
Good post Joe.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2011, 12:45:11 AM »

It's not the sex you're paying for---you're paying for her to LEAVE after the sex.  8)

You need to start taking notes my young friend.
;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2011, 12:52:06 AM »
It's the consulting principle. It's about transferring responsibility, not information.

Exactly. Not everyone has the time and inclination to wade through tons and tons of info in the web or books and learn about proper lifting/exercising. And many people do it because they like the idea of someone more experienced taking them through their workouts.

There are plenty of good trainers everywhere, worth every penny, but unfortunately, they are outnumbered by the more common bullshitters who scam dumb people and taint the whole industry's name/reputation.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2011, 01:14:31 AM »
Exactly. Not everyone has the time and inclination to wade through tons and tons of info in the web or books and learn about proper lifting/exercising. And many people do it because they like the idea of someone more experienced taking them through their workouts.

There are plenty of good trainers everywhere, worth every penny, but unfortunately, they are outnumbered by the more common bullshitters who scam dumb people and taint the whole industry's name/reputation.
X2.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2011, 02:15:47 AM »
We need Arthur Jones here to clear things up a bit ;)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2011, 02:55:12 AM »

What I mean is more that it's easier for people to follow a program when they can let go of their responsibility for it. I don't mean this in a negative way, that's what a good trainer does: freeing his client of responsibility and constantly affirming what he or she already knows anyway.

tlc

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2011, 03:22:09 AM »
Most people 95% dont or cant understand that all you really have to do is exert yourself.  Most people just can't do it.  Exert as in Exercise.  Duh fucking idiots.  If you're not gasping for breath, you're not exerting.  and Exerting = stimulus and stimulus = results.  Jesus great society we built here.

Couldn't agree more.  If you're fat and weak it's because you're lazy. Get off your arse and stop shovelling pies down your face, it's not rocket science.

People would rather pay $$$ for a pat on the back than actually achieve something for free with a bit of actual discipline.

I keep getting asked (well, occasionally) what supplements I take to look good and folk get all  ???  :( when I laugh at them.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2011, 04:01:40 AM »
People who get personal trainers come in three varieties:

(1) Clueless people who have never been in shape in their lives and think becoming so requires some sort of secret
(2) People who use it as a status symbol ("Yeah I was working with my trainer today and...") and don't actually have any interest in improving their fitness
(3) Serious athletes who can afford to pay someone to come up with a specialized program for their goals

Trainers who work with (1) and (2) are generally losers and scammers.  Trainers who work with (3) are good folks.

Coach is obviously #3. That's why I don't understand why people give Coach a hard time and tell him to get a real job. I could only wish I could get a gig like him.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2011, 04:11:28 AM »
Again, lots of people on here dogging trainers. So here's a challenge for all of you who think you really think its easy. Design a 12 week periodized program from beginning to end.

Better yet, just watch people train at any public gym. It always amazes me how people can do presumably very simple movements so very, very wrong. A very typical example is that tricep machine where you sit in it and do sort of a dipping movement. I see the shoulders going up and down like a shrugging movement and I see the arm bend maybe 10 degrees. So little range of motion for the tricep as to make it virtually useless. Part of the reason for machines to is take out the idiot factor. To make it easier to do a movement correctly. No concerned about balancing and controlling the weight and taking it through the proper plan of motion. But some how some way they will always find a way to do a very simple movement wrong. Horribly wrong

dustin

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2011, 04:48:58 AM »
I like my job.

Yeah but don't you train athletes? We're taking about studly men in thongs and lifting for vanity purposes. Please stay on topic.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2011, 08:37:48 AM »
Couldn't agree more.  If you're fat and weak it's because you're lazy. Get off your arse and stop shovelling pies down your face, it's not rocket science.

People would rather pay $$$ for a pat on the back than actually achieve something for free with a bit of actual discipline.

I keep getting asked (well, occasionally) what supplements I take to look good and folk get all  ???  :( when I laugh at them.

For the most part you're right, but when they go the doc and get a prescription of "do this or else" because they back a messed up blood panel it's usually a wake up call for most so they start seeking out a solution and now a days going to a competent trainer is usually the way. You say it's not rocket science and it isn't, but you have to make a long term plan for this person for them to succeed and to make you look like a super trainer. So if you have lets say 12-16 weeks before this person goes back to the doc for a follow up blood panel how are YOU going to plan this. Are you going to wing it day by day and HOPE it works or is it best to plan a program that WILL work?

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2011, 08:41:32 AM »
Coach, I do respect what you do brother. The most I'll ever know is what works and what doesn't for me. You seem like the kind of dude who's successful for a reason and brought great results to many.

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2011, 09:08:15 AM »
The only guys worth taking advice from will break it down for you in fifteen minutes and they will do it for free.  Physical Culture is a spiritual way of life.  Watch Jack LaLanne on youtube for free and you'll learn the Truth.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2011, 09:14:07 AM »
Coach, I do respect what you do brother. The most I'll ever know is what works and what doesn't for me. You seem like the kind of dude who's successful for a reason and brought great results to many.

You know yourself better than anyone, if it works for you, you can't ask for much more.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2011, 09:48:57 AM »
I'm really not sure where or when this nonsense of paying some half-a-fag fifty bucks an hour to teahc you how to curl a five pound dumbell while standing on a big red ball.  In fifteen minutes I can give you all the info you need to know on how to lift weights, eat and look like a man.
some  people need motivation. but they can always just get a buddy to lift with tho.
A

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2011, 12:55:15 PM »
learn some basic exercises watching vids and schematics on the internet. Train 3 to 4 hours a week. Lift the weights to failure, repeat, until the end of the workout, which should last aproximatively 45 to 60 min a day. Either train in a gym or buy yourself a rack and some barbells and dumbells and a solid bench to train at home.

Repeat the same routine every week. Increase weights progressively until you reach your natural plateau.

Nutrition; drink enough water, mostly eat chicken, tuna, some vegatables ,beef and pork once in a while. If you re an ecto or meso you can have as many cheatmeals as you want. if you re an endomorph skips cheatmeals and snacks. reduce your fat and carbs intakes. Run. You cannot target fat loss if you re a woman, you ll have to do lipo. Dont empty your wallers on supplements/fat burners -which arent steroids- they re useless...

Repeat, repeat, repeat... for weeks, months, years. and voila.

OMG! I gave up the ultimate secrets about building muscles the natural way!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »
learn some basic exercises watching vids and schematics on the internet. Train 3 to 4 hours a week. Lift the weights to failure, repeat, until the end of the workout, which should last aproximatively 45 to 60 min a day. Either train in a gym or buy yourself a rack and some barbells and dumbells and a solid bench to train at home.

Repeat the same routine every week.

Nutrition; drink enough water, mostly eat chicken, tuna, some vegatables ,beef and pork once in a while. If you re an ecto or meso you can have as many cheatmeals as you want. if you re an endomorph skips cheatmeals and snacks. reduce your fat and carbs intakes. Dont empty your wallers on supplements...

Repeat, repeat, repeat... for weeks, months, years. and voila.

OMG! I gave up the ultimate secrets about building muscles the natural way!

How do you expect to improve if you do the same thing all the time.......without drugs?

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2011, 02:40:29 PM »
The only guys worth taking advice from will break it down for you in fifteen minutes and they will do it for free.  Physical Culture is a spiritual way of life.  Watch Jack LaLanne on youtube for free and you'll learn the Truth.

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves spreading the truth an common sense in this tread!
Keep posting Lex!
You are an asset for this board!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2011, 02:44:03 PM »
Bodybuilder Lex Reeves spreading the truth an common sense in this tread!
Keep posting Lex!
You are an asset for this board!

Only for the clueless.

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2011, 02:49:04 PM »
Sounds as if the coach is getting a little nervous.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2011, 02:56:55 PM »

LOL...of what?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2011, 03:20:31 PM »
How do you expect to improve if you do the same thing all the time.......without drugs?
oh yeah sorry i forgot one important point; increase the weights until you reach your natural plateau.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »
There will always be morons who ll pay him even if they alrdy know eveything they need to know. They re basically paying to use his gym, the equipment. The guy is a salesman tho. It has nothing to do with the content, it's all about the looks, and he sure knows how to portray himself as a jesus believer who knows it all - while being on steroids-.