Author Topic: MLB talk.  (Read 57012 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: MLB talk.
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2011, 08:48:15 AM »
I have a confession to make.

I haven't watched one full ws game in its entirety  :'(

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2011, 05:16:12 AM »
I have a confession to make.

I haven't watched one full ws game in its entirety  :'(

I've watched one inning.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #177 on: October 25, 2011, 07:23:25 AM »
There are games still being played ???

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: October 25, 2011, 10:11:27 AM »
I've watched one inning.

Too bad, you are missing a dynasty in the making.

The same Texas team that went to back to back World Series will be in their prime agewise and largely in tact for the next 3 or 4 years.

Add to that one of the best farm systems and a new billion dollar tv contract which gives them more money to pursue free agents and it's safe to say you might be missing alot of World Series games in the coming years.  8)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2011, 11:10:01 AM »
Too bad, you are missing a dynasty in the making.

The same Texas team that went to back to back World Series will be in their prime agewise and largely in tact for the next 3 or 4 years.

Add to that one of the best farm systems and a new billion dollar tv contract which gives them more money to pursue free agents and it's safe to say you might be missing alot of World Series games in the coming years.  8)

I'm aware of the TV contract - looks like MLB won't have to bail them out anymore.  

Rangers have a good team, bit I don't think dynasties can happen anymore in baseball, with the first round being a 3 out of 5.  Too many variables in baseball can lead to anything happening in a short sample.  Unless Texas acquires a little better pitching, they'll be more susceptible to vagaries of 3 out of 5.

Also, take NY for example - they have everything you mentioned above with even more money, and a much higher ranked farm system.  So they're going to have an impact on Texas, should they meet in the playoffs.   When Boston pulls their collective heads out of their assess, they'll be in the way too.   Either way, I don't think we'll see a true dynasty like the late 90s Yankees again.

Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2011, 02:40:54 PM »
I've watched one inning.

I don't know what it is this year. This is no shortage of marquis players. Is just really "eh" this year for me. Truth be told the only reason im watching is so I know what im talking about when I debate the series with my dad.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2011, 08:35:35 AM »
a great series so far, but no posts since 0ct 25, shows how much interest the cards and rangers generate, now if only it would have been phillies vs yankees, oh well have to wait till next year.
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2011, 09:16:52 AM »
a great series so far, but no posts since 0ct 25, shows how much interest the cards and rangers generate, now if only it would have been phillies vs yankees, oh well have to wait till next year.

The good news is it give you more time to update your thread on the G&O.  Phills/Yanks would have been off the charts good.

But, last night's game was amazing. I watched a little.  To be one strike away from a WS win to have it fall apart TWICE is incredible.
Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2011, 11:06:38 PM »
c.c. is going to stick around for awhile  8)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2011, 07:59:33 PM »
c.c. is going to stick around for awhile  8)
that was given,reupped cano and swisher,,,only concern is last 1/3 rotation cashaman might go with 2 young guys from farm,c.c,burnett,nova,hughes,maybe rejuvinated garcia and youngster .

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2011, 08:21:39 PM »
Cool dude.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2011, 05:58:17 AM »
Yeah, he kept his word that he wouldn't opt out.  I'm sure the Yankees' pro active offer of a contract extension didn't hurt, though.
Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2011, 01:43:43 PM »
Reyes close to a deal with miami. Pujols also visited with miami.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #188 on: November 17, 2011, 11:16:45 AM »
Owners approve of an additional two wild card teams for the post season format.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #189 on: November 17, 2011, 11:51:49 AM »
Owners approve of an additional two wild card teams for the post season format.

Horrid.

Can't wait to see a team a WC team that's 10 games worse than another beat them in a one game playoff.   Terrible, terrible move.  The 3 out of 5 destroys the integrity of the 162 game season, a one game playoff is disgusting for baseball.

Think about it  - a shitty WC with no shot at the division can purposely rest their ace to have him ready for the one game playoff.  A contending team wouldn't do that.
Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2011, 07:45:11 PM »
Bobby Valentine is bostons new skipper...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
Bobby Valentine is bostons new skipper...
good move and only move they could make for now,,quiet offseason,winter meetings coming but i can't see too many blockbuster deals ,,free angency other than puljos,fielder.cj wilson,lot of b/c level guys,,which could help a club also.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #192 on: December 04, 2011, 08:10:45 AM »
good move and only move they could make for now,,quiet offseason,winter meetings coming but i can't see too many blockbuster deals ,,free angency other than puljos,fielder.cj wilson,lot of b/c level guys,,which could help a club also.

If anything, it will provide entertainment up here.  It's funny to the see the rumblings of boston players complaining.   They need to just shut up and play baseball.
Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2011, 09:03:32 PM »
Reyes officially a marlin, 6/$106m

I thought he would get a lot more. I don't know the specifics, but i'm surprised the mets didn't match 6/$106m.

Marlins are also pursuing pujols pretty hard.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2011, 02:34:05 PM »
Mark Buehrle has signed a four deal for $58 Million deal. I am guessing Pujols will stay in ST. Louis now.
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2011, 07:11:06 AM »
Albert Pujols is officially a Angel and a 10 year deal for $250 million dollar deal.  :o :o
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2011, 09:11:31 AM »
Albert Pujols is officially a Angel and a 10 year deal for $250 million dollar deal.  :o :o

What a sell out Pujols is. Why leave St. Louis?? You've won 2 titles in the last four years, had a statue built in your likeness in front of Busch Stadium, and was offered 10 years, 220 million to stay with the Cardinals. Still in the prime of his career.

St. Louis is great baseball town and the fans love him. Again, why leave? More money? It's not as if he's going to play out that contract for the full ten years so the extra money is obselete.

A dick move, Albert.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2011, 09:39:02 AM »
1/4 billion. Guaranteed. Just like that. Incredible.

Angels were a scrappy team with a solid staff before c.j. and pujols. They're looking pretty damn good right now.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2011, 03:59:06 PM »
What a sell out Pujols is. Why leave St. Louis?? You've won 2 titles in the last four years, had a statue built in your likeness in front of Busch Stadium, and was offered 10 years, 220 million to stay with the Cardinals. Still in the prime of his career.

St. Louis is great baseball town and the fans love him. Again, why leave? More money? It's not as if he's going to play out that contract for the full ten years so the extra money is obselete.

A dick move, Albert.

I live in St. Louis and yes he is a sellout but the Angels can have him and that outrageous salary.  He will never last 10 years playing the field in the NL.  He made the best choice.  As far as the Cardinals they have a lot of weapons still and now we can spend some serious cash on some quality pitchers to backup Wainwright and Carpenter.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2011, 06:47:07 PM »
I live in St. Louis and yes he is a sellout but the Angels can have him and that outrageous salary.  He will never last 10 years playing the field in the NL.  He made the best choice.  As far as the Cardinals they have a lot of weapons still and now we can spend some serious cash on some quality pitchers to backup Wainwright and Carpenter.
Yes, sorry to see him go but I think it was inevitable. Should make for interesting winter now.

St Louis is a baseball town like no other. Been doing it long before Albert came along and will go on long after he's gone from the game.
G