Author Topic: MLB talk.  (Read 57035 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: MLB talk.
« Reply #325 on: June 15, 2012, 12:55:18 PM »
Serious distance, but 34' short of the taters our flinstones1 can hit.
thome owns the 3 longest homers at twins new park all done in last three years 490 the longest.
F

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #326 on: June 17, 2012, 01:29:39 PM »
What's up with all of these no-hitters/ perfect games all of a sudden?  I heard that homeruns are down by 1000+ a year since they have cracked down on steroids.  I feel bad for the old school players who have had records broken by cheaters.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #327 on: June 17, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »
What's up with all of these no-hitters/ perfect games all of a sudden?  I heard that homeruns are down by 1000+ a year since they have cracked down on steroids.  I feel bad for the old school players who have had records broken by cheaters.
apparently pitchers have gotten better than the hitters overall, recently in a 12 inning game the teams used 6 relievers all hit 94 or better on the radar gun with 2 hitting 100 plus. the reds closer a chapman hit 106 on the gun.
F

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #328 on: June 18, 2012, 06:38:48 AM »
apparently pitchers have gotten better than the hitters overall, recently in a 12 inning game the teams used 6 relievers all hit 94 or better on the radar gun with 2 hitting 100 plus. the reds closer a chapman hit 106 on the gun.

I also think Pitchers can play a lot looser than before. For starters, they watch the pitch count closley and the pitchers can set up hitters better because they know when they get to 110-120 pitches, their "Middle Relief" comes in at the start of the 6th or some gay shit like that. Back in my day, you had a starter that went to the 8th or 9th and a closer. Now you got a "set up guy" so they can pitch a lot more freely. Well thats my opinion

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #329 on: June 19, 2012, 07:29:30 AM »
I feel bad for the National league that they have to play the Yankees :'(

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #330 on: June 21, 2012, 07:26:51 AM »
Interleague is Gay and shouldnt count!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #331 on: June 21, 2012, 08:40:26 AM »
I feel bad for the National league that they have to play the Yankees :'(

Nice jinx, assholio.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #332 on: June 21, 2012, 08:42:49 AM »
Nice jinx, assholio.

Lol,I knew that was coming >:(

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #333 on: June 28, 2012, 08:28:44 AM »
in·ju·ry  (nj-r)

n. pl. in·ju·ries
1. Damage or harm done to or suffered by a person or thing: escaped from the accident without injury; a scandal that did considerable injury to the campaign.
2. A particular form of hurt, damage, or loss: a leg injury.
3. Law Violation of the rights of another party for which legal redress is available. See Synonyms at injustice.
4. Obsolete An insult.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #334 on: July 09, 2012, 06:47:26 PM »
Bunch of haters down in k.c.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: July 09, 2012, 07:24:57 PM »
Don't look now but the Texas Rangers are about to get back Neftali Feliz AND Alexi Ogando combined with All Star closer Joe Nathan and rookie sensation Robbie Ross who already has 6 wins plus a sub 1 ERA, easily the best rookie bullpen pitcher this year in all of baseball. A bullpen containing Felliz, Ogando, Ross, Adams and Joe Nathan is just absolutely SICK.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #336 on: July 09, 2012, 07:47:12 PM »
even with all the injuries,,yankees sitting with the best record in baseball,,,what was kinda sad rivarly wise boston is like a triple a team at this point sad,,,,

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #337 on: July 09, 2012, 09:15:41 PM »
Don't look now but the Texas Rangers are about to get back Neftali Feliz AND Alexi Ogando combined with All Star closer Joe Nathan and rookie sensation Robbie Ross who already has 6 wins plus a sub 1 ERA, easily the best rookie bullpen pitcher this year in all of baseball. A bullpen containing Felliz, Ogando, Ross, Adams and Joe Nathan is just absolutely SICK.

I'll tell ya what else is sick, all that goddamn money mlb has put in to that team. Don't they owe arod millions, still? And how the fuck did they come up with the cash to get yu?

Those are rhetorical questions, btw.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: July 09, 2012, 09:37:07 PM »
I'll tell ya what else is sick, all that goddamn money mlb has put in to that team. Don't they owe arod millions, still? And how the fuck did they come up with the cash to get yu?

Did the MLB put money in THIS current team? No. Maybe the team from 3 years ago when the previous owner Tom Hicks simply couldn't pay the bills which has ZERO to do with the current team obviously and has happened in with other franchises in other sports as well.

Do they still owe Arod millions? I don't know and honestly who gives a shit, what the fuck does that even matter?

And how did they come up with the money for Yu? Probably out of the pockets of their CURRENT ownership, dumbass. The same Ownership/Management team who had the knowledge and ability to gauge how good of a player he really was and paid enough to ensure he became a Ranger. And now they have an All-Star in his rookie season with big time upside.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #339 on: July 10, 2012, 09:03:17 AM »
Rangers got their money from the lucrative TV deal they signed.  I'm not going to search for links but I'm almost positive that's it.

They don't owe ARod any more money.  When he opted out of his contract, that ended the subsidy Texas was paying NY.   Before that, NY was "only" paying 16M of his  25M, which was a bargain at the time.

Darvish's value vs. total paid cannot be determined after half a season.   He has pitched well, but Japanese pitchers tend to have their best years in the beginning, when the league has not adjusted to them.  His 4.6 BB/9 rate is high, and he'll have to get that under control if he's going to have continued success.

The Rangers and the Yankees are the best teams in the AL, maybe all of baseball.   Both should be going all out for Hamels/Greinke.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #340 on: July 10, 2012, 09:28:27 AM »
Rangers got their money from the lucrative TV deal they signed.  I'm not going to search for links but I'm almost positive that's it.

They don't owe ARod any more money.  When he opted out of his contract, that ended the subsidy Texas was paying NY.   Before that, NY was "only" paying 16M of his  25M, which was a bargain at the time.

Darvish's value vs. total paid cannot be determined after half a season.   He has pitched well, but Japanese pitchers tend to have their best years in the beginning, when the league has not adjusted to them.  His 4.6 BB/9 rate is high, and he'll have to get that under control if he's going to have continued success.

The Rangers and the Yankees are the best teams in the AL, maybe all of baseball.   Both should be going all out for Hamels/Greinke.
AGREE WITH GRIENKE/HAMELS IN A HEARTBEAT,,,

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #341 on: July 10, 2012, 02:02:23 PM »
Did the MLB put money in THIS current team? No. Maybe the team from 3 years ago when the previous owner Tom Hicks simply couldn't pay the bills which has ZERO to do with the current team obviously and has happened in with other franchises in other sports as well.

Do they still owe Arod millions? I don't know and honestly who gives a shit, what the fuck does that even matter?

And how did they come up with the money for Yu? Probably out of the pockets of their CURRENT ownership, dumbass. The same Ownership/Management team who had the knowledge and ability to gauge how good of a player he really was and paid enough to ensure he became a Ranger. And now they have an All-Star in his rookie season with big time upside.

Sarcasm is not perceived well over the internet.

Calm down there, killer.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #342 on: July 10, 2012, 04:21:51 PM »
Actually, somehow I missed the dumbass part, probably because I was working.  But, I agree.  Poly - settle down - we have a good group here.  But I also hope you post - the more baseball discussion, the better.
Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #343 on: July 10, 2012, 04:35:28 PM »
He is the quintessential random who posts here once a year and tells us how totally rad his team is. I had no choice but to pounce.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #344 on: July 10, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »
He is the quintessential random who posts here once a year and tells us how totally rad his team is. I had no choice but to pounce.

Who you got in the WS....Yanks and Pirates?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #345 on: July 10, 2012, 04:56:22 PM »
Who you got in the WS....Yanks and Pirates?

Serious question? Too early to tell, ask me in september.

But..who's ever staff gets hot and at the same time can get timly hits. Yeah, them.  ;D

Pretty cool to see the pirates in 1st though.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #346 on: July 10, 2012, 05:22:25 PM »
Serious question? Too early to tell, ask me in september.

But..who's ever staff gets hot and at the same time can get timly hits. Yeah, them.  ;D

Pretty cool to see the pirates in 1st though.

lol i was joking.. I like to see the pirates up there too

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: July 10, 2012, 05:28:14 PM »
Actually, somehow I missed the dumbass part, probably because I was working.  But, I agree.  Poly - settle down - we have a good group here.  But I also hope you post - the more baseball discussion, the better.

Fair enough and I respect this forum, trust me. It just rubs me the wrong way when a team that has GREAT management in place now is still is being mocked for the HORRIBLE ownership from a few years back which they had zero connection with. The whole town hated Tom Hicks.

That and I didn't think that what he said was all that funny or entertaining or clever but I apologize if I disrespected anyone on here.

Okay bro, you "win." I'll keep way  ::)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #348 on: July 10, 2012, 05:48:22 PM »
Leave now and never return.

::)

You don't have to get all prissy, man. There was a misunderstanding, its over.

E-Shake?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: July 10, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »
Leave now and never return.

::)

You don't have to get all prissy, man. There was a misunderstanding, its over.

E-Shake?

Sounds good. E-Shake accepted.

I know the Texas Rangers up and down, backwards and forwards but I'll be the first to admit I know very little about other teams in baseball except for the big stars so my ability to discuss baseball beyond the home team is pretty limited. Just being real with everyone on here.