Author Topic: Your personal history of gym accidents  (Read 6849 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Your personal history of gym accidents
« on: May 12, 2011, 11:10:02 AM »
I don't mean the usual injuries but things like this...

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Your personal history of gym accidents
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 11:18:11 AM »
I tried to use my FACE while spotting a girl doing stiff legged deadlifts and she fell over.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 12:15:10 PM »
best one ive seen personaly was my old training partner, i was doing somthing the other side of room when he was benching, he re-racked the bar, but somehow one side went over the back of the support and crashed to the floor, nearly caved his head in....

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 12:21:25 PM »
I once pushpressed the bar right into my chin. It hurts.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »
I farted while I was doing leg-presses :-X

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 12:28:02 PM »
I was benching 315lbs and I thought  I had enough strenght to get a 3rd rep, and boom, the fucking weight stuck on my chest and I yelled and someone near by came to save my ass.......I learned my lesson

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 12:29:35 PM »
Push press into chin while maxing.  Felt like I got punched in the face.

Chin up bar hanging from chains broke on one side and the bar slammed into the side of my face.

Got stuck under a home weight set while benching and the bar fell in my mouth.

Separated shoulder bench pressing to the neck on the most worthless machine out there - smith machine.  Live and learn.
Y

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 12:31:25 PM »
Weight tree fell on me after some kid tried pushing 2 x 20kg plates on.

Lat pull down cable snapped and whipped me in the head doing close grip pull downs.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 12:34:28 PM »
i was squating 315 ... did about 15 or so reps i lost my balance on the way up , i went forward to try and re-rack the bar and i didnt quit make it... i was unbalanced from one side.... so Bang goes the right 45 then bang goes the left 45 then bang goes the right 45 then yup bang... until i was holding on my back an empty bar

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 12:38:46 PM »
I was benching 315lbs and I thought  I had enough strenght to get a 3rd rep, and boom, the fucking weight stuck on my chest and I yelled and someone near by came to save my ass.......I learned my lesson
Happened to me too, benching heavy no spotter. I managed to roll it of my chest, but it hurt like hell and I admit it was frightening. Never again.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 12:46:07 PM »
Happened to me too, benching heavy no spotter. I managed to roll it of my chest, but it hurt like hell and I admit it was frightening. Never again.

Lol ... a few years back ... i was on one of the 3 benches at my gym it was christmas weekend so the gym was empty... this dude i never seen at the gym was benching in the middle bench.. and a skinny kid on the other bench.

I was benching 185lbs  and i saw the DUDE hit 315 for one rep out the corner of my eye.... he then added a 25 to each side.. i guess dude was feeling strong cus he didn't even try that just took it off added another plate... 405lbs

I figured dude would ask for a spot... i got under my bar proceeded to bench my 15 reps .. at about the 6th rep i saw him attempt to lift it.... saw the weight go down... NEVER saw it lift an inch.... HAHAHAHHAHAHAH dude looked over to the skinny kid for help and kid looked away...Take it was Christmas weekend so the gym was empty ....  i finished my 15th rep .. reracked my bar.. walked over to him... and make him do a forced rep.. HAHAHAHHAHHA 

i was like YOU almost had that one dude... ... He  didnt say a word just walked away never to return to that gym again....

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 01:00:13 PM »
Cool  ;D

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 01:05:51 PM »

Lol ... a few years back ... i was on one of the 3 benches at my gym it was christmas weekend so the gym was empty... this dude i never seen at the gym was benching in the middle bench.. and a skinny kid on the other bench.

I was benching 185lbs  and i saw the DUDE hit 315 for one rep out the corner of my eye.... he then added a 25 to each side.. i guess dude was feeling strong cus he didn't even try that just took it off added another plate... 405lbs

I figured dude would ask for a spot... i got under my bar proceeded to bench my 15 reps .. at about the 6th rep i saw him attempt to lift it.... saw the weight go down... NEVER saw it lift an inch.... HAHAHAHHAHAHAH dude looked over to the skinny kid for help and kid looked away...Take it was Christmas weekend so the gym was empty ....  i finished my 15th rep .. reracked my bar.. walked over to him... and make him do a forced rep.. HAHAHAHHAHHA 

i was like YOU almost had that one dude... ... He  didnt say a word just walked away never to return to that gym again....

lol I like your style...

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 01:58:51 PM »

Smacked myself in the mouth while doing dumbell curls with 50 lbs, lips was bleeding all over the place.

Dropped a 45 lbs plate on my finger, lost the entire nail and was bleeding all over the gym floor (that one really hurt)

Bloody nose during heavy deadlifts!

Not me, but a funny one, watched the cable snap as a guy was doing heavy seated cable rows, he went flying back into the supporting pillar behind the machine!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 02:01:21 PM »
 ;D also, dropped an 85 lbs dumbell on my spotters toe as he spotted me on db presses I felt like an ass

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Brown paper bags + Bathroom stall + Tom Prince.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 02:03:20 PM »
Ripped my jean shots while dead lifting tree fidy

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 02:05:20 PM »
I was running on the treadmill and had a seizure....I had to have some work done on my face to have it fixed.  :-\ I watched the tape when i came back a few weeks ago and watch the tape.  :-\ Blood was all over the place.

D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 02:36:43 PM »
When I was 16-17 I smashed my dick between two dumbells doing heavy side laterals. Had to go to the hospital :((

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 02:43:28 PM »
When I was 16-17 I smashed my dick between two dumbells doing heavy side laterals. Had to go to the hospital :((

You quickly learned to never pump iron in the nude. Well done sir.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 02:45:33 PM »

Bloody nose during heavy deadlifts!

Must have suffered some massive blood loss.  ;D

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 02:51:38 PM »

I once sat on my balls when I sat down after hoisting up a pair of heavy dumbells for some shoulder presses. Excruciating is not the word.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 02:58:28 PM »
the only thing i can really think of is tipping over a plate.  as it wobbled around, it smashed my toes.  i was really surprised at how bad it actually hurt -- it made me furious!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 03:17:22 PM »
I once snatched an empty bar to my forehead.  ;D

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 03:20:30 PM »
;D also, dropped an 85 lbs dumbell on my spotters toe as he spotted me on db presses I felt like an ass

you learned to lower the Anapolan dosages,.well done sir.

Capitulation

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 04:14:38 PM »
Just your typical bar unloading exercise. Was doing squats was not focusing and speaking to my friend and took plates of only one side like a genius. Obviously thing went flying in the other direction smashing some stuff and leaving me looking like a dickhead.