Author Topic: Escape from New York - Taxpayers fleeing high taxes (Liberal Policies).  (Read 2341 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Updated: Mon., May. 16, 2011, 3:44 AM  
Escape from New York
Last Updated: 3:44 AM, May 16, 2011

As state lawmakers hem and haw over Gov. Cuomo's property-tax cap, a new poll last week showed that more than one of every four New Yorkers is headed for the exits.

Indeed, more than one in three New Yorkers under the age of 30, some 36 percent, want out, the survey by the exemplary NY1/YNN-Marist pollsters found.

"Unchecked," says Marist's Lee Miringoff, "this threatens to drain the state of the next generation."

Overstatement? Detroit lost a quarter of its population between 2000 and 2011; absolutely, it could happen here.

Indeed, Buffalo already lost 11 percent over the past decade. Overall, the state's population grew slower than all but three other states.

What don't folks like about New York?

A whopping 62 percent cite economic factors, like the high cost of living, insufficient jobs and -- yes -- high taxes (which, by the way, feed the other two).

That's no surprise, actually. New York leads the nation in state and local levies, with property taxes right at the top:

* The 15 counties with highest property taxes in the nation, as a percentage of home value, are all in New York.

* Nassau and Westchester are the two most heavily taxed counties in America, in absolute dollars.

* The state's median property tax is almost double that of the nation.

Meanwhile, the huge burden on businesses -- which pay five times as much in property taxes as in corporate-income taxes -- drives away investors. And jobs.

With workers, particularly young ones, not far behind.

Clearly, New Yorkers need relief -- like Cuomo's proposed 2 percent cap on yearly property-tax hikes.

But the Legislature is resisting. It's more interested in pleasing teachers unions (which fiercely oppose the cap, as property taxes go largely to their members) than doing right by New York.

Yes, the Senate passed Cuomo's cap. But it did so disingenuously: Majority Leader Dean Skelos knows full well that one-house bills go nowhere in Albany, that it'll take a three-way deal -- between the Senate, Assembly and governor -- to see a cap become law.

Yet he insists on all or nothing.

Ensuring that taxpayers get . . . nothing.

This will keep the teachers unions -- and, thus, his members -- happy, while allowing Skelos to pretend to fiscal rectitude. It's a breathtakingly cynical ploy, even by Albany's debased standards.

Meanwhile, Assembly Speaker Shelly Silver promises his own cap -- knowing full well that the Senate has no interest in any cap. So Silver can also talk tough with no fear of offending the unions.

The gridlock points to yet another reason so many New Yorkers may be headed across state lines: They view Albany as dysfunctional -- and corrupt.

Just last Friday, the latest in a never-ending line of lawmakers to be criminally convicted, ex-Sen. Vincent Leibell, drew 21 months for a kickback scheme.

And wouldn't you know? Lawmakers are also balking at Cuomo's ethics bill.

Albany will never redeem itself, and keep New Yorkers in New York, until it gets serious with ethics reform. And caps taxes, as Cuomo proposes.

We intend to do our best to see that it does just that.

http://www.nypost.com/f/print/news/opinion/editorials/escape_from_new_york_bQ3s3rXPXW3GFYLnzOflNI

________________________ ________________________ _______________-

-  Grossly overpaid cops, firemen, teachers, garbagemen, janitors, law makers, etc.

-  Parasites outnumbering producers.

-   Welfare for all the bums and ridiculous medicade benes.

-  Every left wing communist group seems to hold sway on the leiglature.  

And people wonder why people are fleeing in droves?  

NYS is a typical left wing experiment gone wrong and that blew up.   Same with Detroit, Chicago, and all the other one party states run by leftists.      

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Escape from New York - Taxpayers fleeing high taxes.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 05:26:22 AM »
Then fucking leave.  What's so hard about that?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 08:00:22 AM »
Then fucking leave.  What's so hard about that?

Family obligations. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 08:10:05 AM »
Then fucking leave.  What's so hard about that?

He ain't Rush Limbaugh or Lebron James!!  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 08:13:47 AM »

Or the ex ceo of PAYCHECK Golisano who left the state for the same reasons.   

People are fleeing the democrat run states in droves.   These one party messes like NY, Cali, IL, MI, are the textbook example of what NOT to do.   

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 09:38:29 AM »
Family obligations. 

I'd be out of CA if I could move ground or borders, thus free of this mess here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 09:42:57 AM »

333386 should bring his obama hating talents to South beach!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 09:50:48 AM »

333386 should bring his obama hating talents to South beach!

I went there once, never again.

Very odd place.   I was in a pool and all of a sudden some fat disguting ghetto thug animal says to me and my friends.

"aaaahhhwww shit - here are da white boys.   I walked over to this beast and said - where you from gorgeous?   She says to me - yo i'm from da Bronx yo!."

I said - "Guess what slim - we are neighbors"

Never again.  When i go away, I dont want to be around ghetto thug trash from NYC.   I see enough of these animals every day.           

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 10:01:52 AM »
Want to take the Lurkermore bet and wager your account slick? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 11:05:03 AM »
Or the ex ceo of PAYCHECK Golisano who left the state for the same reasons.   

People are fleeing the democrat run states in droves.   These one party messes like NY, Cali, IL, MI, are the textbook example of what NOT to do.   

And that's why Obama and his goons are trying to force business to stay in certain states, instead of moving south.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 12:25:47 PM »
Want to take the Lurkermore bet and wager your account slick? 

You have failed to take my bet nancy boy.  Instead you still try to bring everyone else into it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 12:29:37 PM »
You have failed to take my bet nancy boy.  Instead you still try to bring everyone else into it.

I thought you are coming by next month?   No? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 12:34:45 PM »
That is correct.  And each time I said I would meet you, you just whined and cried and posted bullshit in return.  Seemed like you want to meet every other person off the board and verify who you are except the one making the bet with you. 

Each time I told you to prove it to me in person, you simply did your usual little gay talking and whining.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 12:41:05 PM »
That is correct.  And each time I said I would meet you, you just whined and cried and posted bullshit in return.  Seemed like you want to meet every other person off the board and verify who you are except the one making the bet with you. 

Each time I told you to prove it to me in person, you simply did your usual little gay talking and whining.

No, i was just trying to get you bounced earlier.   Next month will do.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 12:46:03 PM »
Don't worry.  You will have your chance to do so.  Just bring a driver's license and if the picture on it matches you and the name on it matches whatever degree you claimed to have, I will believe you and give you my account password.

You ain't getting off the hook next month by any chance.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »
My stepfather worked in New York for about 30 years, before he had a massive heart attack. Unable to work, he relied on his pension. He grew up in Florida, before moving to New York.

The cost of living in Florida was so much lower that, when he moved back, he was living high off the hog. There a reason, why we have so many old New Yorkers in the Sunshine State, especially in the Tampa Bay area and in the SpaceCoast (Orlando and other central Florida areas).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 12:51:03 PM »
Don't worry.  You will have your chance to do so.  Just bring a driver's license and if the picture on it matches you and the name on it matches whatever degree you claimed to have, I will believe you and give you my account password.

You ain't getting off the hook next month by any chance.

You have to come by my office than.  I'm not taking the plaques off the wall. 

You can either take the 4 from Grand Central to woodlawn and walk.   Or you can take the metro north from grand central and get off the woodlawn stop.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 03:59:22 PM »
My stepfather worked in New York for about 30 years, before he had a massive heart attack. Unable to work, he relied on his pension. He grew up in Florida, before moving to New York.

The cost of living in Florida was so much lower that, when he moved back, he was living high off the hog. There a reason, why we have so many old New Yorkers in the Sunshine State, especially in the Tampa Bay area and in the SpaceCoast (Orlando and other central Florida areas).

Yep.  All the NY Jews head down to Aventura and Hallendale.  They claim homestead here because FL has no state taxes either.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 04:16:28 PM »

You're one creepy fagg0t. Do you do anything beyond following 333 around this board lapping at his nuts like a dog in heat?

Please tell me you're not over the age of 15.  :-\

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 05:55:07 PM »
I know that you are nothing but a one dimensional bumblefuck.  Perhaps you should stick to meltdowning over muslims.   

I suspect that people under 15 have an IQ and articulate thought process beyond your keen, so even if I were under 15 and a creepy homo to boot,  that would place me in better company compared to you. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 05:57:25 PM »
So you're in your thirties and you're stalking another man on an internet forum? Got to admit, that's pretty pathetic. Not to mention creepy.  :-\

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 06:16:29 PM »
I bring it on myself.  I know that.  When obamabots troll and stalk me, I know I am on the right path.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 06:18:16 PM »
Not even thirty.

Perhaps you should stick to your typical fagg0t type remarks instead of guessing you know something about someone.  At least it would be consistent with your own self loathing closet projections.

But keep trying.   To say it is mildly amusing to watch is the least one can do.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 06:19:17 PM »
I bring it on myself.  I know that.  When obamabots troll and stalk me, I know I am on the right path.

Which path is that?  The One Of Stupidity?

Because face it, that is about the only one you have been walking on since 2008 with your nonstop whining, crying, lies, and false predictions.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 06:20:10 PM »

Keep up the good work. It's hilarious watching grown men stalk you around this board. It's even funnier watching them challenge you to real life meetings.  :D