Author Topic: Forearm training form tip.  (Read 1013 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Forearm training form tip.
« on: May 16, 2011, 04:12:31 PM »
I do standing forearm bb curls (behind the back...err butt), and standing extensions.   I always found that the seated versions, with arms flat on a bench, or your thighs, hurt the shit out of my wrists, but did give me a great pump/workout.  So, i tried the standing versions (in addition to a wrist roller), and was pleased with them, but not ecstatic with them...until the last week or so.  I've found that when doing these (both curls and extensions), shrugging your shoulders, and pulling your shoulder back while shrugged, takes the upper arm completely out of the movement, and isolates the forearm much better.  Best forearms workouts of my life. Just wanted to share.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Forearm training form tip.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »
I do standing forearm bb curls (behind the back...err butt), and standing extensions.   I always found that the seated versions, with arms flat on a bench, or your thighs, hurt the shit out of my wrists, but did give me a great pump/workout.  So, i tried the standing versions (in addition to a wrist roller), and was pleased with them, but not ecstatic with them...until the last week or so.  I've found that when doing these (both curls and extensions), shrugging your shoulders, and pulling your shoulder back while shrugged, takes the upper arm completely out of the movement, and isolates the forearm much better.  Best forearms workouts of my life. Just wanted to share.
I do behind the back wrist curls very often..15 reps...good pump.

Whats your rep range?

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 06:27:21 PM »
I do behind the back wrist curls very often..15 reps...good pump.

Whats your rep range?

I start out at 15, and pyramid up in weight.  I also do a "super 8" system that goes like this:

Arms/hands as wide as possible x 8 reps
arms/hands to about bench press width x 8
arms/hands slightly narrower than shoulder width x 8

by the end of these 24 reps, it is a burn and a motherfucking half, and it hits different parts of the forearm. 

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 04:59:46 AM »
Interesting. I always use a shoulder width grip...im going to give it a try.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 06:10:20 PM »
Interesting. I always use a shoulder width grip...im going to give it a try.

try it yet?