Author Topic: R.I.P. Randy Savage TRIBUTE:  (Read 40797 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: R.I.P. Randy Savage (threads merged):
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2011, 04:59:19 AM »
Savage was an instant star when he arrived in the spring of 1985. When he became IC champ in early 1986, he was getting 750,000 per year until 1988 when he was getting 1 million per year up until 1993. Once he started letting up and commentating he took a paycut and that's when Turner offered him 2 million. Turner's pockets were much more deeper than Vince's. 

Holy shit!
I had no idea he was making that kind of money so early on.

I'm not doubting you, but I would like to know where you learned this information.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2011, 07:30:39 AM »

Holy shit!
I had no idea he was making that kind of money so early on.

I'm not doubting you, but I would like to know where you learned this information.
Check your PM, brother  :)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2011, 07:47:24 AM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2011, 07:50:13 AM »
BROTHER!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2011, 07:59:04 AM »
Lol...that looks like Super Macho Man from the original Mike Tyson's punch out for Nintendo  ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2011, 12:39:35 PM »
Just some random thoughts on Savage.  I remember when he came to the WWF going to a friend of my dads house to watch USA network.  It was when the WWF had all the managers scouting him and trying to sign him.  It was a great way to bring him in.  I preferred his look at that time too.  Leaner, quicker and just an incredible athlete.

I did not care for the whole "Macho King" makevoer and changing how he dressed somewhat. All those tassels were lame.  But that was par for the course during that time in the WWF.

I liked the "Macho King" deal, especially when they replaced that goofy regular crown with the gold crown with the word "MACHO" in the center. That was cool. Once he started donning the cowboy hat, the whole "Macho King" thing lost his steam.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2011, 05:34:05 AM »
I enjoyed him alot in the late eighties / early ninties. His fueds with George Steele, Ricky Steamboat, Honky Tonk Man & Hogan were memorable.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2011, 02:48:42 PM »
I enjoyed him alot in the late eighties / early ninties. His fueds with George Steele, Ricky Steamboat, Honky Tonk Man & Hogan were memorable.

That Steamboat program was incredible.
I just listened to Ricky's shoot interview again, and the chemistry he & Savage had together was amazing.

Macho's ring work was always top-notch.
As for his character, I was a huge mark up until the crowning.
My absolute favorite remains his early WWF heel work, which was outstanding, IMO.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2011, 08:30:15 PM »
The June 6, 2011 issue of TIME features an article on the late Randy Savage written by Vince McMahon. Here is the article in its entirety:

"It's important in sports and it's important in entertainment to stand out. Randy knew that. Right away, he wanted to leave his mark, and to do that he was aware he had to make himself different from everyone else. One way he did this was concentrating on his outfits, those brightly colored costumes with foot-long fringe that became his trademark. He brought to wrestling a unique look and style.

"Randy, who died in a car crash May 20 at age 58, was one of the building blocks of what is now WWE (previously known as the World Wrestling Federation). He had a very unusual voice --remember his "Snap into a Slim Jim. Oh, yeah!" commercials?--and was extremely charismatic. Perception is very important in this business, and he also had a very high opinion of himself, something he needed in a locker room full of performers who had been around for a while and had big personalities and followings--like Hulk Hogan, Today, Randy is remembered as one of wrestling's all time greats. No question about it--he certainly was."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2011, 04:37:20 AM »
Randy Savage’s brother Lanny Poffo has told Bay News 9 that Randy’s cause of death was a result of a condition known as ventricular fibrillation (VF). VF is a severely abnormal heart rhythm that can lead to fainting or heart attacks.

Here is their full article:

It’s been a little more than two weeks since the death of wrestler Randy “Macho Man” Savage and we now know the cause.

In an exclusive interview with Bright House Sports Network, Savage’s brother Lanny Poffo told us, Savage died from a condition known as ventricular fibrillation (VF). VF is a severely abnormal heart rhythm that can lead to fainting or heart attacks.

Poffo said, “What it means to me is, it was a beautiful way to die. It’s quick, painless.”

Also in the interview, Poffo called Savage’s wife, Lynn a hero. Poffo said, “Randy’s foot was still on the accelerator. She reached over and steered the Jeep Wrangler into a tree, saving the live of a motorcyclist and possibly a bus. You know, there’s no telling what can happen when you’re going the wrong way.”

Savage was 58 years old when he died.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2011, 04:43:14 AM »
Randy Savage’s brother Lanny Poffo has told Bay News 9 that Randy’s cause of death was a result of a condition known as ventricular fibrillation (VF). VF is a severely abnormal heart rhythm that can lead to fainting or heart attacks.

Here is their full article:

It’s been a little more than two weeks since the death of wrestler Randy “Macho Man” Savage and we now know the cause.

In an exclusive interview with Bright House Sports Network, Savage’s brother Lanny Poffo told us, Savage died from a condition known as ventricular fibrillation (VF). VF is a severely abnormal heart rhythm that can lead to fainting or heart attacks.

Poffo said, “What it means to me is, it was a beautiful way to die. It’s quick, painless.”

Also in the interview, Poffo called Savage’s wife, Lynn a hero. Poffo said, “Randy’s foot was still on the accelerator. She reached over and steered the Jeep Wrangler into a tree, saving the live of a motorcyclist and possibly a bus. You know, there’s no telling what can happen when you’re going the wrong way.”

Savage was 58 years old when he died.

Lanny is all optimism and class.
Read those comments again.
Arguably, he is one of those guys who was too good for "the business."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2011, 06:36:27 AM »
"Lanny Poffo discussed the death of his brother, former WWF champion Randy Savage, with The Brighthouse Bay 9 News in Florida.

Poffo discussed learning of Savage's accident while traveling to a booking in California. In an airport in between flights, Poffo received a message from Largo Medical in Florida, that his brother had been in an autop accident. When Poffo returned the call, they put him through to Savage's wife, who explained to him that Randy had passed on.

Poffo noted that Savage had told his wife he wasn't feeling well and thought he might pass out just before he collapsed while driving his Jeep Wrangler. Poffo said that he considered the way Savage passed "a beautiful way" to die, comparing it to someone who fights valiantly against something like cancer for years with no quality of life.

Poffo stated that Lynn, who suffered lacerations to the head in the car wreck, was a hero for grabbing the wheel and steering the car, which had gone into oncoming traffic, into a tree. He noted that she likely saved the lives of a motorcyclist and a bus. Poffo noted that he was so happy that they had gotten married the year before and recited a poem he wrote for their wedding.

Poffo also discussed Randy's run with the WWF, why those who criticize Vince McMahon for not being "so smart" as a promoter don't know what they are talking about, Savage's marriage to Elizabeth and much more. Poffo also noted that WWF's original idea was to give Savage a "buxom blonde" as his manager but Savage pitched Elizabeth for a screen test in the role and she nailed it.

Poffo was asked about the divorce. He commented that, "I think he did a great job moving on. He hit bottom and moved on. How in love was he? How would I know? How would you know? One of the great things about Randy - one of the definitive things - when life gave him a cruel blow, he bounced back with ferocity, better than ever. I think he did well...."

Poffo said that Savage always looked after him and actually came up with the Genius persona that led to Poffo main eventing in WWF.

In a never disclosed injury, Poffo noted that Savage had chronic pain in the neck and after filming the Spider-Man film, was unable to get out of bed the next day following a series of bumps where he was spiked on top of his head.

Poffo noted that he liked the WWE tribute video "a lot" and didn't feel it was too little, too late. He said that Savage knew that Vince McMahon and the WWF made both him and Poffo. He said that he wasn't going to deal with the negatives and was taking the high road. He said that WWF gave Savage the break baseball never did."

Video Interview: http://www.baynews9.com/video?clip=h...%20Macho%20Man

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2011, 06:40:05 AM »
On Wednesday, Lanny Poffo spoke with the Bright House Network about the death of his brother Randy. The full video of the interview was uploaded on Friday and Poffo made the following comments, according to BayNews9.com:

"You know what, Randy didn't feel that, Randy never felt that way. He knew Vince McMahon gave him the break. We know where it (the falling out between WWE and Savage) all came from. We know what started it. We're not going to deal in negatives, we're going to take the high road. Too little, too late? I wouldn't dare say that because they gave Randy the break baseball never did."

Continue reading on Examiner.com Lanny Poffo talks about Randy Savage’s feud with Vince McMahon - National Fight Sports | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/fight-sports-in-national/lanny-poffo-talks-about-randy-savage-s-feud-with-vince-mcmahon#ixzz1OyTpt8GO

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____________________

As he's always been, Poffo was ambiguous with his account of "the incident."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2011, 04:49:19 AM »
"Lanny Poffo discussed the death of his brother, former WWF champion Randy Savage, with The Brighthouse Bay 9 News in Florida.

Poffo discussed learning of Savage's accident while traveling to a booking in California. In an airport in between flights, Poffo received a message from Largo Medical in Florida, that his brother had been in an autop accident. When Poffo returned the call, they put him through to Savage's wife, who explained to him that Randy had passed on.

Poffo noted that Savage had told his wife he wasn't feeling well and thought he might pass out just before he collapsed while driving his Jeep Wrangler. Poffo said that he considered the way Savage passed "a beautiful way" to die, comparing it to someone who fights valiantly against something like cancer for years with no quality of life.

Poffo stated that Lynn, who suffered lacerations to the head in the car wreck, was a hero for grabbing the wheel and steering the car, which had gone into oncoming traffic, into a tree. He noted that she likely saved the lives of a motorcyclist and a bus. Poffo noted that he was so happy that they had gotten married the year before and recited a poem he wrote for their wedding.

Poffo also discussed Randy's run with the WWF, why those who criticize Vince McMahon for not being "so smart" as a promoter don't know what they are talking about, Savage's marriage to Elizabeth and much more. Poffo also noted that WWF's original idea was to give Savage a "buxom blonde" as his manager but Savage pitched Elizabeth for a screen test in the role and she nailed it.

Poffo was asked about the divorce. He commented that, "I think he did a great job moving on. He hit bottom and moved on. How in love was he? How would I know? How would you know? One of the great things about Randy - one of the definitive things - when life gave him a cruel blow, he bounced back with ferocity, better than ever. I think he did well...."

Poffo said that Savage always looked after him and actually came up with the Genius persona that led to Poffo main eventing in WWF.

In a never disclosed injury, Poffo noted that Savage had chronic pain in the neck and after filming the Spider-Man film, was unable to get out of bed the next day following a series of bumps where he was spiked on top of his head.

Poffo noted that he liked the WWE tribute video "a lot" and didn't feel it was too little, too late. He said that Savage knew that Vince McMahon and the WWF made both him and Poffo. He said that he wasn't going to deal with the negatives and was taking the high road. He said that WWF gave Savage the break baseball never did."

Video Interview: http://www.baynews9.com/video?clip=h...%20Macho%20Man

Very nice article.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2011, 06:13:29 AM »
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -- A medical examiner says something went wrong with professional wrestler "Macho Man" Randy Savage's heart before he crashed his car and declared the cause of death as heart disease.

The autopsy released Thursday reveals that 58-year-old Randy Poffo, known professionally as Randy Savage, had an enlarged heart with severe blocking of his coronary arteries. With only minor injuries from the crash, the Tampa Bay area medical examiner determined the cause of death to be heart disease.

Authorities say Savage was driving in Pinellas County May 20 when he lost consciousness and crashed into a tree. He was later pronounced dead at a hospital.

Toxicology results showed small traces of alcohol and hydrocodone in Poffo's system, but officials say the amounts wouldn't have factored into the crash.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2011, 05:00:43 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2011, 05:00:59 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2011, 05:01:20 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2011, 05:01:38 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2011, 05:01:56 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2011, 05:02:18 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2011, 05:02:45 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2011, 05:03:03 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2011, 05:03:21 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
Re: R.I.P. Randy Savage TRIBUTE:
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2011, 04:14:40 PM »